[Location]The Center for Employment and Business Licensing

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Dempsey on October 26th, 2011, 10:06 pm

1st of Fall, 511 AV

Upon arriving in the city Dempsey had already laid out a checklist of things to take care of in the city. One was to find himself a place to stay but in order for that he would need money, which at this point he had little of. So he thought it in his best interest to find some work for himself. After all he felt his skills as a doctor should be able to be put to good use and even if not he had some experience with ship work. He would rather not have do such work but he was in a new city and knew that he could not be picky about whatever work he could find.

After having asked several people on where to start he set off for The Center for Employment. It was strange to him being in a city again after having spent the last year traveling. Ravok was very different from his home in Zeltiva but there was lots of water around which gave him some peace of mind. The few he had spoken with in the city seemed nice enough which surprised him, there were rumors back home of Ravok being filled with criminals without proper social skills so to him it was a pleasant surprise.

Soon enough he had found the building and stepped through the doors. Inside he saw several desks with people being helped. After glancing about the room he noticed that he would probably have to fill out some kind of form. He searched around for a moment and found a small stack of papers and so he picked one up and quickly scribbled down his information.

Name: Dempsey DeCoud

Race: Human

Skills: Medicine, Herbology, limited knowledge of Anthropology

Past Work Experience: Worked some on ships and dock work.

Spent 6 years studying medicine at the University in Zeltiva. Have practicing and treating patients for the last year.

After filling out the form he looked up and found one of the desks was empty. So he casually walked over and took a seat. He took a deep breath before he spoke, "Good day. My name is Dempsey DeCoud and I've just arrived in Ravok and I would like to find some kind of work. I spent 6 years studying medicine and have been in active practice for the last year. So naturally I was hoping for something medically related if at all possible." He spoke very clearly and tried to sound as distinguished as possible, he wanted to make a good impression after all. He put his application down on the desk and slid it over.
Dempsey
Potential Paragon

Words: 3587
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 3:12 am
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on October 28th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Whisper

"Adara Mavros? Yes, yes, that's the name!" The old man stopped filing the paper away and pulled it back out, double checking just to be sure. "So Layla is your mother then? I suppose that means the house is yours." The old clerk extended his arm across the desk, passing the deed to Layla's house over to the new owner. "You'll want to visit the NHC at some point to get that finalized, but the house is yours to do with as you please. Congratulations! Er.. and uh, you have my condolences for your mother. I don't know what happened to her, but I am sorry for your loss."

After Whisper filled out the rest of the form the man slid it back across the table and turned it around to read over it, nodding his head as he did so. "Okay, everything looks to be in order here." Signing off in the paper with the same quill Whisper used to fill it out, he clerk filed the paper away. "You are now officially licensed to practice he craft of and sell poison in Ravok."

Chreinn

"An architect? I suppose that would make sense. Hmm.. well, I don't know of any projects working directly for the city, though we could perhaps keep your information and call on you when projects arise. Unless.. there are some improvements that need to be made on some of the older buildings. Perhaps you could work with that until a better project arises."

The man made a few notes on the page and the filed it into his desk. When Chreinn asked about citizenship the man held up a finger signaling him to wait just a moment as pulled out another sheet of paper. Once he had it found he slid it across the desk for Chreinn to fill out.

"Certainly. Just fill that out. For those born outside of the city there is a twenty-five gold miza fee for citizenship. As long as you can pay that you can become a citizen."

The page asked for a number of things. Name, date of birth, and several other bits of information. To become a full citizen one had to reveal quite a bit, but the benefits outweigh the cost of lost privacy in most people's eyes. A citizen was immune to slavery, had access to the medical clinic, and had the protection of the guards among other things. Once Chreinn was done filling out the form the clerk took it back and went into a back room, returning several chimes later with a hand written copy of the form Chreinn had just filled out.

"These are your papers. Keep them with you whenever possible. As for the job, you will work for the NHC assisting in blueprints and repairs on the structural quality and improvement of the city’s housing division. You will he contacted if any special projects arise."

Citizenship Application Form

Name:
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
Last City of Residence:
Nearest of Kin: (Name and Location)
List any Organizations that you are a member of here:

Religion: (List any gods that you pay homage to)

Sign and Date:

OOCAnd of course there is the fee of 25gm

Flynn Maidrus

The clerk was rather startled when Flynn spoke up. He hadn't heard anyone enter through the front door nor had he heard any footsteps so naturally he hadn't bothered to look up from his work when Flynn approached. He nearly jumped out of his seat a second time when he saw the ghost before him. His initial thought was to immediately call upon the crazed spiritist woman he knew to reside within the city, but as a shiver crawled down his spine the ghost's words slowly dawned on him.

The apparition sought employment, though the clerk could not imagine what sort of employment a ghost would need or why something that was dead would even want a job. Still, it was his job to give other people jobs, and ghosts were still people... right? The clerk pulled out a sheet of paper and almost offered the ghost a quill before thinking better of it and keeping it to himself. He didn't know if ghosts could write, better to do it himself.

"Ah.. um. What sort of employment are you looking for... ma'am?"

Dempsey

The clerk looked up when Dempsey approached, pleased that he had filled out his application in advance, anything to help speed things along. The clerk read over the application carefully, nodding as Dempsey spoke, before setting it down and folding his hands over each other. He eyed the would be doctor, seeming to size him up before speaking.

"I do believe we have something for you. Were you looking to open your own practice? If not, there is an opening a the [link]Healing Hand.[/link]. However, you'll have to register as a citizen for that. There is a fee if 25 gold mizas, and another form to fill out. Your choice."
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Whisper on October 29th, 2011, 1:56 am

Whisper nodded and sighed as she took the deed from the older gentleman. "Thank you" she said softly and sincerely, smiling ever so slightly at the old wound getting scratched at. She scanned over the deed for a moment while the man looked over her employment papers. It was her childhood home alright and now it seemed was her home once again. She wondered how much of her mother's possessions would still be there. If someone had broken in, than that means probably several others in the last six years have too. The poison lab would more than likely still be there since the chest was a heavy lock requiring the key or a skilled lock-pick with a bit of patience; Her mother was very protective of her career. The books and especially the beginners tome on Shielding was more than likely long gone by now.

She shook her head of the thoughts and told herself she would find out tonight anyway. She thanked the man and left without any further word. Ryek hadn't made a sound the entire time which left her curious about the bird. Did he truly understand any of this? Once she was in the "home" in the nook she had lived in for almost five years now, she went to her alter and went to her knees with her head bowed and prayed to Akajia to protect her name and not let it go any further than the elderly man and the paper she signed.
"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."
-Helen Keller
Whisper
The Lady with the Falcon

Words: 45631
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2011, 4:18 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dempsey on October 31st, 2011, 3:12 am

Dempsey listened carefully to the clerk and once he had finished speaking Dempsey sat there a moment considering what he should do. He had two options, open his own practice or work for the Ravok practice, the Healing Hand the man had called it. He pursed his lips as he pondered. It certainly would be nice working for a city run clinic, supplies would be provided and he could keep his home much cleaner and more organized. But it would also mean more rules to follow, and he wondered how limited he would be working there. Plus he didn't exactly worship Rhysol and feared that perhaps they may not be thrilled about that.

The freedom of his own practice seemed more his style, free do as he wanted. However the cost would be greater but he hoped it wouldn't be too much of a burden. Besides he could always go back and try the Healing Hand if things didn't work out."Well both are very enticing options. But I've always wanted to open my practice so I think I will choose that for now." He smiled as he spoke and gave a quick nod at the clerk as he finished speaking.
Dempsey
Potential Paragon

Words: 3587
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 3:12 am
Character sheet

Postby Flynn Maidrus on October 31st, 2011, 11:41 pm

Flynn softly sighed and floated in sitting position on top of one of the chairs provided in front of the clerk's desk. The reactions people gave her were so old. A gasp there, a curse here and a stab there. It was like they didn't have a wider range of emotions to choose from. She mused, she could visit a human village out in the middle of nowhere and create a cult to worship her. The image made her chortle, and she was momentarily disappointed; there were few places like that, most of them gobbled up by monsters. Then she turned to the task at hand.

There was a bit of questioning in the clerk's eyes, a bit of skepticism. According to his surprised reaction, it was likely it was because she was a ghost. Probably not about how she was going to carry out her job; there were plenty of jobs that didn't require mass. No, it was probably along the lines of why she needed money. As a citizen of Ravok, wasn't it obvious? "Bribing. That's what the money is for," Flynn explained. Or maybe he thought she didn't dabble in that sort of thing because she was a ghost? Flynn continued, "I'm aspiring to be..." she re-weighed her decision, "a fortune-teller," she ended with a flourish.
PC art by MelloLover@DA
Flynn Maidrus
being dead has its perks

Words: 28885
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 4:53 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on February 16th, 2012, 3:33 pm

Dempsey

The clerk nodded and scribbled down some more notes. "Your own practice it is then." After he was done with the paper work the clerk handed him his liscensing papers and sent him away with some final words.

"Just remember, this only gives you a liscense to practice. You'll have to find a location and get all your supplies yourself. We don't help with that here. Good luck."

Flynn Maidrus

"Bribery? Uh.. right.. um.. okay."

The clerk glanced about nervously as Flynn continued to speak, obviously uncomfortable with the ghost. It was rather odd, considering he had employed Nuit, Myrians, and even a Zith before. But never a ghost, never something that was truly dead. At least a Nuit could look alive from time to time.

"A fortune teller.. okay." He paused to jot down some notes. "Alright, well.. do you have any experience as a fortune teller? Any recommendations. It's unlikely the city would sanction an official fortune teller, unless you have some experience in the matter."

OOC: Sorry guys for never responding to these! If you are still around.. well, we can pick up where we left off. Up to you.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on February 16th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Okay guys, this isn't something I have enforced in the past, but due to recent discussions I am going to start enforcing it and I'm posting a reminder here. It's already in the first post of this thread, but here it is again. In order to open a business of your own, you need to PM me with a Sample Business Sheet prior to posting in this thread. Then we can go from there and take care of things IC. Just looking for employment at an already established place doesn't require a PM, and you can just post, but you must PM me or Lazybones with your business sheet before posting if you want to run a business of your own. Going forward this is the rule.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Gaul Swift-Axe on February 18th, 2012, 6:59 pm

66th day of Winter, 511 AV

The map Gaul had bought proved its worth shortly after leaving NHC office. Now instead of wandering without knowing where he was going, the man know exactly where he needed to go. And this would be the Center of Employment and Business Licensing. A long name for a place that did nothing out of the ordinary. But the building's purpose was what exactly Gaul needed. He needed a job.

Through the doors Gaul went, and he was directed to yet another clerk behind a desk. These Ravokians were into their order, not that it was a bad thing. He didn't care how they ran their city. Just as long as he got the job he wanted.

Drawing up to one of the desks, he placed his hands down at his waist, clasped together. "I'm here for work." No that was too blunt. Unlike the house place, they probably needed to know more. "I construct buildings. But I'm not sure how long I'll be in town, so I'd prefer a contract by contract basis, if that works." And then silence. Gaul disliked talking too much, but he needed to get it out there.

Now he waited for the job process to begin.
Gaul Swift-Axe
Player

Words: 6640
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2012, 7:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Verilian on February 28th, 2012, 2:42 pm

The clerk examined Gaul thoughtfully for a moment before he finally reached into his desk and pulled out a sheet of paper. "You are in luck, actually. Normally we wouldn't need someone with your skills, we have a team of workers for that, but lucky for you most of them are out of the city right now working to strengthen Ravok's power in the region building that new outpost. We do have some small jobs here in the city you could work on. Do well and there might be a permanent job in it for you."

The clerk handed Gaul the parchment, which was just a simple form:

Name:

Skills:

Past Experience:

While Gaul filled out the form the clerk explained the jobs. "We've got three work orders in right now, actually. The Lakeside Stables has a work order in for roof repair, apparently they're leaking rainwater on the horses and the guests are starting to complain. The Healing Hand needs a new front door installed, and the Kelvic Research Institute needs a new feed shed built. Apparently one of the kelvics there got out of control and destroyed the last one. Not the most glamorous jobs, but if you do well on that we might be able to see about getting you into one of the construction projects for the temple."

Once the formed was filled out Gaul would he handed three different documents, the three work orders the clerk had just mentioned, as well as a set of papers identifying him as a contractor for the city. Before he left the clerk mentioned something about him going to register as a citizen and how it might get him more reliable work.

Important Information :
Okay, so this is your Storyteller Secrets thread:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic18751.html

Please add this to your user control panel. You can find the area for it in the same place as your character sheet link. You won't be able to read the thread, but all it says is that you have beem permission to work as a Mason starting at 3gm/day, with the core skill being Masonry. But since you are competent in Masonry you get a raise, half your base pay rounded down, do instead you make 4gm/day.

As for those three work orders, feel free to solo those, they don't need to be moderated. After all three are done you are welcome to make up minor odd jobs around the city for you to do, but any major projects you'll need to request from Lazybones or myself. Also, if you have any questions on how to actually receive your wages, feel free to PM me or Lazy. This thread may also be helpful:

Salary Thread

That's all for now.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Genesis on February 28th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Winter 92 AV 211

Genesis entered the Center for Employment and Business Licensing. She was a very functional person, which seemed to surprise a lot of people. Today she had entered the city, visited the Citizen Registration Office, and now she was here for a job. Genesis always covered her bases. As she approached the clerk, she smiled. It seemed like the right thing to do. With neat penmanship, she filled out the application form with as much information as she dared to part with. At least she managed a smile.

Employment Application

Name: Genesis Valia
Skills: 30 Fortune Telling, 15 Intelligence, 10 Meditation, 10 Dance
Past Experience: Unofficially palm reading for 9 years, and 4 years as a Fortune Teller, specializing in palm reading.

Genesis purposefully left out the prostitution she had been forced to submit herself to a year back to pay for her dying mother's medicine. With no living family, nothing could force her to go back there. She waited for a response from the clerk with her long dark hair masking part of her pale face.
Genesis
Waiting for hope to come along

Words: 32282
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext