[The Welcome Home] A Midnight Prowl

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Abashai on May 5th, 2010, 1:18 am

Abashai watched with a widening grin as the children entered. He had always enjoyed the company of little ones, a favorite memory of his time visiting with the Tents in the desert. He watched Damien and Trish assault Nya, laughing as the boy tried to insult him. Seeing Nya embrace the youngsters, Abashai wondering if someday they would have their own. Nya would make a fine mother.

Shai stepped into the room, crouching as Trisha carefully approached him so he could meet her eye to eye. He gave the girl a broad warm grin. "I like Trish very much. She is a lovely young lady!" He stood again as she wandered off, flashing his bondmate a grin as she exited the room.

Turning to Stitch, the Benshira placed a hand on the man's shoulder. "Friend, I can't thank you enough for doing us this great favor. I know it was not easy. We suspected the items may have been influenced by some malevolence. But I assured you, we would not have asked if we did not feel it necessary. Today is just the beginning of our gratitude."

Shai's head turned towards the kitchen when he heard the trill of children's laughter mixed with Nya's own joyful squeal. He could not help but grin, only sobering as he turned back to Stitch. "Now, are you willing to share what you have learned?"
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Stitch on March 7th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Stitch gave the Benshira a quick nod and a beaming smile, and hurriedly began to speak. There was a lot to tell.

"The jeweled dagger covered in strange symbols: The circles, five tiny gems, two larger gems and the black sun work together and act as a trap for something. I don't know how to explain it, but they have their own seperate Aura, surrounding that of a... thing stored in the gem on the pommel. Whatever is in that pommel gem, it is very angry and wants out. It has a simple exit... the only thing not protected and inclosed is the actual blade of the dagger. If you were to... stab someone... then whatever it is inside the dagger could easily escape... into them."

"The longsword with a black, leather wrapped handle: The blade is very cold to the touch; much like ice. This one is sure you noticed this. It is surrounded by a very cold, elemental aura of ice. The blade will never break and can dowse non-magical, non-divine flames when thrust into the heart of the fire. The fire can't be too big, though! This one has a feeling that it can only douse the flames of someone as big as... yourself, perhaps."

"The steel mace with glass shards embedded in the head: The mace has a very violent history of pain and death. The glass shards are sharp and will break off on contact with flesh; remaining strong as steel when hitting anything else. The head of the mace will regrow the shards after shedding them in combat. It is a... sad, horrible item."

"The iron kneeling board covered in black silk: While not having any particular magical aura, this bar has a very unstable aura that constantly changes in a fit of chaotic color and feel. Beyond that though, this one can't really tell if it has any magical potentional or not..."

"The black cloak that moves as though there were wind even if there isn't any: This cloak is abnormally warm to the touch; at least for a simple silk cloak. It bares an aura of sentience; it is lonely but otherwise seems to bare no malicious intent. It seems to be able to keep its wearer warm even in winter but other than that, it is difficult to tell what else it can do. It is as if it resists this one's attempts to pry further, as we discussed earlier.

"The figurine of a black and white monkey: It looks to be nothing more than a statue of a monkey with two fingers on one hand pointing at its own eyes and two fingers on its other hand pointing at the person looking at it. When this one looks at it though... this one swears this one has the feeling that the thing is actually looking right back at this one."

Stitch took a deep breath, and finally paused, a sudden weariness overtaking him. He had spent a long time that night in examining and reading the items, and after all that work, he had fallen straight to sleep. He had awoken with a fresh spring to his step, but now, after remembering the time he had spent focusing on the items... he realized just how drained he really was. He had just been excited to see Abashai and Nya, and had really wanted to go on this trip. But he wouldn't be able to, he decided.

As Nya soon came back with the children in tow, Stitch glanced from her to Abashai, and slowly spoke again. "Would you two mind letting this one stay here and rest? This one trusts you with the children, and this one doesn't want to deprive them of their fun... will you take them off this one's hands for a little bit?"

Abashai and Nya quickly nodded, understanding that their request would have obviously drained the blind man. They owed him one, anyway. Quickly herding the children together, they ushered them out in the streets of Syliras, and away for a picnic.

Stitch sighed, heading upstairs to rest. He wanted to sleep. All day.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Leviathan on March 12th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Thread Award!
Stitch

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Stealth 1 --
Auristics 2 --
Intimidation 1 --
Storytelling 1 --

Lore
Auristics: Observing Magical Items
Auristics: Observing Love Between Companions
The Jeweled Dagger
The Cold Longsword
The Steel Mace with Glass
The Black Silk, Iron Kneeling Board
The Living Cloak
The Monkey Figurine

Abashai

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 1 --

Lore
Auristics: Observing Overgiving (Mild)
The Jeweled Dagger
The Cold Longsword
The Living Cloak
The Monkey Figurine

Nya

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Childcare 1 --
Detection 1 --
Interrogation 1 --

Lore
Auristics: Observing Overgiving (Mild)
The Jeweled Dagger
The Cold Longsword
The Living Cloak
The Monkey Figurine
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous