[Ravok Quest] Havoc in Ravok (Quest Participants Only)

A secret organization rises up against the Black Sun and havoc spills into the streets of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Crismento Miren on September 13th, 2011, 8:41 pm

With spikes of pain piercing his mind Cris found it more and more difficult to understand what was going on. The woman’s moaning did not correspond to what he was feeling and it was only made more confusion when he sensed his thigh burning. It didn’t make sense! Crismento screamed in pain and frustration and suddenly it all went away with the sight of the girl fading into darkness. He shifted a bit in the bed slowly opening his eyes when the woman spoke to him. Her words just brushed against his ears but weren’t left into the mind. Soon he was let alone and his heavy head wanted nothing more than to return to his slumber.

The bed was warm and almost comfortable. Certainly not the best he had had the pleasure to lie in, but his exhausted body was still grateful for the relief it provided. When he unsealed his eyes, the man was treated to a surprise. Cris thought that he had gone back to sleep in that same room at the brothel, but the ceiling looked quite familiar and despite being dizzy he soon realized that he was back at Tarsin’s. Apparently he was smart enough not to stay at the Immortal Pleasures for too long. The con artist turned his head to the side and saw two pouches sitting on his storage chest. Two, which meant he had also been to collect his reward. As if through a thick mist Cris saw images of some lost recollections of the latest events. Meeting Korin again for the pay, stumbling back to his rented room across Ravok, waking up near the woman he had used for the task… These and others spun around in his head, lacking any strict order and eventually getting wiped away again when he turned on the other side to face the wall.

Cris was nervous, even terrified. He had pushed himself too far. He had tasted djed on his lips and let himself loose. It was not good. It was absolutely disastrous. The pain was nothing; the blood was just a joke. But Crismento knew very well what these were the signs of. He was a close witness of a person being driven mad by this art, this obsession, this drug… And what worried him even more was that he had felt this way once already when he fled from Zeltiva just two seasons ago. He had to get better at controlling himself. At controlling it.

The con man closed his eyes and curled up enfolding knees in his arms. Only a silent mantra disturbed the peace in the room: ”I’m not insane yet… I’m not insane yet… I’m not insane yet…” Chimes turned into bells and eventually even the most attentive shadows would not have been able to make out his words as they gradually turned into deep breathing as Cris escaped the world into the Dreamscape.

OOCThis was a great experience and I had a great deal of fun. Thanks a lot, V :)
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aello on September 13th, 2011, 11:17 pm

At the sound of a girl's voice, screaming, Aello ran to the cold, metal bars that lined the outside of her cell. She stuck her head through the center of two as she clutched a metal bar in each hand, one to each side of her, digging the dagger into the metal as it rested in her right hand, as the palm of her left hand sank into the cold. Her fingers winding around the bar in agony, as she listened to the screaming, unable to do anything. "Alenias!" Aello screamed as her eyes grew wide and she shook the metal bars in frustration, as though such a thing could cause them to topple over. "Alenias! Alenias is that you?" Damnit! "Alenias!" she screamed one last time, as several beads of sweat appeared on her brow. Just what did she think she was doing coming in here, after me, all alone? Aello wondered, as she stared hopelessly through the bars, into the dark.

The sound of a man screaming reached Aello's ears, well that sounds like the guard, Aello thought, as she listened to his words. It sounded like Alenias was putting up at least a small fight, and there was another voice. It sounded masculine, yet far away. Aello's ears prickled as she leaned as close as she could to where the sound was coming from. So she did bring someone... a ghost? Aello thought as she waited in silence, listening to them all scream, fighting one another for dominance. At last, she could hear the guard screaming... something about laughing. "Kiochi," she whispered, wondering what on earth he sounded like to make the man scream so. Finally, when the guard's screams died down, Aello shuddered. Well whatever that was all about, it didn't sound pleasant, the girl thought as she waited.

After a few moments she could hear the tinkling of keys, Alenias calling to her. "This way Alenias," Aello called, only moments before the Kelvic appeared before her cell. Aello took a step away from the bars as a small smile crossed her lips, her eyes taking on an edge of happiness. She watched the girl sort through ring of keys until she found one that fit into the lock at her door. As soon as Alenias had the door open, the girl was upon her, hugging and crying. Aello smiled, returning the hug with her free hand as Alenias' grip tightened around her waist. "You shouldn't worry Alenias, I'm far more difficult to kill than anyone would like to think," she said, as she gave the girl's back a gentle rub before she pulled away.

"We can catch up on everything a little later, ok?" Aello said. "You can tell me all about how you wound up here with those keys in your hand, once we have escaped this prison. For we're not quite safe yet. We still have to make it past anyone who may have heard that, and well, anyone who may be guarding my things... I'd hate to leave with only this cursed blade. Father's old bow doesn't belong in the hands of the 'stryfe," Aello whispered as she walked out of the cell and looked both ways. She couldn't truly see anything, but didn't really care either, for she couldn't hear anything. Which meant, that at least for the moment, she had to be safe, right?

"Just stay close Alenias, and if anyone comes trying to stop us, you stay back, ok?" Aello instructed as she took a few more steps forward. Her grip tightened around the hilt of the blade. Her thumb running over its smooth expanse as she held the tip of the blade against her pale skin, it rested just below her elbow. "Perhaps we should go back the same way you came in. Maybe we can escape that way..." Aello stammered, not truly knowing what to do. After all, she hadn't exactly so much as attempted to break out of prison before.

OOCPrison break! Just don't kill me! Please?
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on September 14th, 2011, 11:59 pm

Reaver

XP coming soon!

Cassandra Coven

I think you ended it beautifully. There's no need for me to ruin it with the minor unimportant details of what happens next. Cassandra eventually returns home and every day after that, should she so choose, she may go and inflict pain on prisoners. Trevinus will not always be there, but she will never be barred entrance and there will always be a prisoner available. XP award will come at the end of the thread.

Crismento Miren

XP will come at the end of the thread. Great job!

Aello & Alenias

The reunion was touching but short lived as Aello came to the same conclusion Treanus did, they needed to get out quickly. But the ghost stopped them before they left, stepping toward Aello. "My name is Treanus, formerly of the Order of Radiance and the Rising Dawn. I knew Alenias many seasons ago.. I have lingered because I knew one day she would need my help. But... I cannot hold on any longer. Priskil is calling for me, and I cannot hold off any longer. Aello.. listen carefully. Follow this hall until you reach the stairs. At the top of the stairs will be a pair of guards, if more haven't come. Get past them and go right.. It is too dangerous to exit through the Vitrax, but three doors down is a waste room. There is a chute which will dump you into the lake. It is your only hope of escaping." The ghost turned to the kelvic, his smile sad but proud. "Alenias, I have always cared for you. I believe you are meant for great things, and I am very proud of you. Always believe in yourself." He turned back to Aello, "Take care of her..." And just like that he was gone. A bright light shined within his core, enveloping his body. Strangely the light was not painful to look upon, but soothing, and when it was gone so too was the ghost.

This still didn't solve all of Aello's problems. There was still the actual act of escaping, and the retrieval of her equipment. Suddenly Aello recalled something. Her equipment, it had been locked in the office down the hall, in a vault behind the desk. Maybe Alenias keys would work on the vault! If Aello went that way she would find that the keys did indeed unlock the vault where all of her gear was stores safely inside. There were other things as well, a few bags of coin, a pair of daggers, and a few outfits of poor quality. Aello could take what she wanted, but she needed to hurry. If she followed the ghost's directions she would shortly arrive at the aforementioned stairs was an iron barred doorway, conveniently unlocked. The guards who were supposed to be watching it were sitting at a small table nearby playing a game of guards. Neither of them seemed to be paying the door any attention and Aello was fairly certain she could sneak by unnoticed if she wanted.

Regardless of what she did, once they were past the guards Aello and Alenias would easily be able to find the wasteroom. It smelled like it's name, and the chute was horribly disgusting. But it did dump right into the lake, and Aello and Alenias would be able to swim to shore if they went through. Assuming they did all that, Aello and Alenias would be free. Was Kiochi to thank for the ease of their escape? Why had the guards not heard the screams from below? And what would Kiochi's favor entail? The important part was that they had escaped. The price for it could be worried about later...

OOCSo, go ahead and make your final posts. You can kill the two guards if you want. Make them as difficult or easy as you'd like, however if you try to sneak by both of you should be able to escape with ease. No backup will come if you kill the guards, so do as you please. These should be your final posts.. unless you choose to ignore Treanus instructions and follow your own path.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aello on September 15th, 2011, 6:50 pm

"I will," Aello whispered as she watched the ghost's body be overcome with light. She knew it was at peace, returning to the cycle, when its core started to shimmer. "Thank you for helping her find me," she added as she watched him fade away. Aello wished that Treanus had the time to hear everything that the she had to say, but he knew he hadn't. She knew it was his time. Her grip tightened around the hilt of her blade as she glanced over her shoulder at Alenias. "Come on, we have to hurry." As soon as the words had left her lips, Aello darted forward, down the hall. She stumbled over the bloody body of the guard as she reached the stairs, and hopped up them swiftly. When she reached the top, she paused for a moment, to catch her breath, right behind the door that led into the deep, dark depths of the dungeon.

The door was tall and wide, a rectangle crafted of wood that had been stained black. A metal ring hung from a small circle, which was held in place by a small metal plate on the far, center left of the door. Aello placed her left hand on the metal ring, and pulled it back a little, as she leaned into the door. Her ear was pressed against it, listening to see if anyone was on the other side, waiting. But no sound came through the door. Sighing, she opened it slowly, so as not to alert anyone if there was indeed, anyone about. When the door had parted just enough to let her through, Aello poked her head out and peered down the hall. All she could see were the two guard Treanus had told them about.

Looks like breaking out of this place will be easier than we thought, Aello's mind whispered as she turned to Alenias and lifted a single finger to her lips, indicating to her that they should be quiet. Silently hoping that Alenias would have gotten the idea, Aello would turn back around, and begin walking to the right. She would hug the walls, as she lifted her legs high in the air before she delicately placed her foot back on the ground, tip-toeing past the guards. Doing her best not to make a sound. She wasn't exactly in the mood for another fight. As she made her way through the hall, Aello began to realize that she'd been there before. That her things were in one of the rooms further down the hall.

When she had finally made it to that particular room, Aello pointed towards the door that led inside with her dagger. "In here," she mouthed, as she extended her left hand, and slowly, turned the knob. The door creaked open, and Aello winced. She glanced down the hall at the guards, and finally let out the breath she hadn't so much as realized she had been holding in when she realized that they had not been aroused by the sound. Silently, Aello slipped inside the door and pointed towards the vault at the end of the room. "My things are in there. Try one of those keys and see if it opens," Aello instructed, "and then we can get the petch out of here."

The girl would watch the door, as she waited for Alenias to find a key that worked, if any worked. She hoped no one would come along as she collected her things. When Alenias finally got the vault open, Aello rushed over and grabbed her clothes. She took off the sack the 'stryfe had given her, and changed back into her things, before throwing her quiver over her shoulders, and stuffing the small sack of money into her bag. After that, she grabbed two simple dresses, and stuffed them in with everything else. One was a dark blue, with a V-neck and no sleeves. The other was a forest green with long sleeves and a boat neck. When that was done, she threw her bag over her shoulder, before reaching for her father's old bow. She held it tightly in her left hand, happy that it was safe and sound. "Take the daggers Alenias, if anyone should come after us, I want you to thrust a dagger through their flesh, understand?" Aello instructed. "If you are disarmed or drop one, don't bother to go after it, just use the one you have left, alright?"

When she had finished giving Alenias instructions, Aello made her way back to the door, making sure to step angrily on the burlap sack the 'stryfe had given her on the way out. She followed the wall, to the right, same as before, doing her best to avoid attracting the attention of the guards. When she was safely past them, Aello arrived at another doorway. She sheathed her dagger before she tried the door handle, and finding it unlocked, crept down the stairway, following her nose to the wasteroom.

Doing her best to hold her nose, Aello crept inside, as she walked over to the chute. "Ick," she commented as she climbed inside and slid down, into the lake. She could feel the cold waters against her skin, as her clothes took on their weight. Bubbles frothing angrily around her, as a few arrows floated out of her quiver. Aello quickly grabbed them in her free hand as she paddled the one foot to shore. Thank goodness it let out near the docks, she thought, knowing that she neither had the strength to swim any farther or the skill. When she had pulled herself up, onto the dock, Aello simply gasped for air, as she let the filthy lake water drip off her clothes. "First thing we are doing Alenias, once we've dried off is taking a nice, long bath. And then we are cleaning our clothes," she commented, as she ran off into the nearest alleyway for cover. She would need to at least dry the arrows soon, if she didn't want them to warp.

OOCHockay, I figured if the hall was straight, we could see the guards no matter their positioning... (I was a lil confused... so anyway)

Also, Alenias, I figured Aello could get your pc to open the vault for her, but if for whatever reason, you don't want her to direct you, pm me and I can change it.

V- I hope the items I took sounded fair... pm me if that needs changing.

Now- our pcs are taking baths. But at least, Alenias, your pc is small enough to fly through the chute once she has it open. -.-
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on October 13th, 2011, 12:47 pm

Roman

• +3 Medicine
  • +1 Surgery

Lores: Midnight Interruptions, Restraining a Patient, Saving a Life, Being Ordered to Kill, Rising Dawn (Poor)

Loot: 50 Gold Mizas, Small Cloth Pouch

Cassandra Coven

• +4 Seduction
  • +3 Acting
  • +1 Observation
  • +2 Lovemaking
  • +1 Rhetoric
  • +1 Manipulation
  • +1 Torture

Lores: Sexual Innuendo, Using Seduction to get a Better Tip, Delivering a Secret Warning, Assassin for Hire, An Unwanted House Guest, Contact: Trevinus Nitrozian, "Serving" the Black Sun, Forced to Bed, Magically Bound to Trevinus, Having sex with a Chaon, Rationalizing Guilt, Openly discussing the mark, Given a Legal Outlet for the Mark, Deciding the Fate of a Co-Worker, Playing a Dangerous Game, The Unspoken Rule of Ravok, Being used.. an not Caring, Embracing the Mark

Loot: 15 Gold Mizas

Crismento Miren

• +2 Observation
  • +2 Rhetoric
  • +2 Acting
  • +1 Shortsword
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +2 Acting
  • +3 Manipulation
  • +3 Hypnotism
  • +1 Seduction

Lores: Resisting One's Urges, Knowingly Ingesting Poison, Forcing oneself to Vomit, Given a Choice that isn't really a Choice, First Kill, The Pain of killing another, Rising Dawn (Basic), Ebonstryfe Handler: Korin, Lore: Rising Dawn Leadership (Poor), Piecing together the Puzzle, Doing it for the Money, A Final Task, Putting someone into a Trance, Overgiving, Sharing in the Pain of Another

Loot: Pouch with 40 Gold mizas, Pouch with 20 gold mizas

Reaver

• +2 Observation
  • +1 Medicine
  • +2 Embalming
  • +1 Longsword
  • +2 Bralwing
  • +2 Dagger
  • +4 Interrogation
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores: Strange Vials in Corpses, Hearing Voices, Blacking out, I can play the fiddle?, Fighting in Fire, Being stabbed with a Sword, Escaping a Burning Building, Lore of Kiochi (Poor), Well of Madness (Poor), Lore of the Cursed Vial (Poor), Contact: Trevinus Nitrozian, Disrespecting an Ebonstryfe, Gift of a New Body, Daek-Nuit, Switching Bodies, Transferring the Curse

Aello

• +3 Intimidation
  • +4 Dagger
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Stealth

Lores: Intimidating Body Language (Basic), Punched in the Face, Stabbing Someone in the Back, Surrendering to the Ebonstryfe, Imprisoned, the Maddness of Laughter, A meeting with Kiochi, Reunited with Alenias, Prison Break

Loot: 60 gold mizas, Dark blue sleeveless V-neck dress, Forest green long sleeve dress

Alenias

• +2 Intimidation
  • +4 Brawling
  • +1 Tactics
  • +1 Stealth
  • +1 Larceny
  • +1 Swimming

Lores: "Puffing" oneself up, Being thrown around, Shifting in Public, Used as a Hostage... again, A Glimmer of Hope, Reunited with Treanus.. sort of, Planning with Treanus, Freeing Aello

Loot: 2 Daggers

You Question My Logic? :
Um.. so yeah, way to much to explain, so PM me if you have questions.

Notes: So I hope everybody enjoyed the thread, I know I did. I do intend to run a part 2 eventually, so you all will be getting PMs from me at some point inviting you to participate if you wish. Great job everybody, and we're finally done! Woo!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous