[Ravok Quest] Havoc in Ravok (Quest Participants Only)

A secret organization rises up against the Black Sun and havoc spills into the streets of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Reaver on July 6th, 2011, 10:19 am

The conversation seamed to start well, but the person in front of him seamed less pleased as he said more... though he couldn't pin how he could even tell. Perhaps he should change his tactic. ...which only made him more angry. Reaver took a moment to think over his information again as the man before him spoke again. "so unless this demon has been with you all along that part of your story is unlikely." "Mayhaps just one I left behind."

As the man stared at Reaver's mask, Reaver began to finally feel something... discomfort. It seamed his ideal of what was happening had managed to put him in a rougher spot then he had imagined. His look focused onto the vial, which he seamed to recognize. Silvas? Rhysol's... Durvin? Hmm, I suppose they don't need to be social with the Black Sun, but I'd feel more comfortable if I knew more then a name. "And you have the nerve to demand literature from your superior." His discomfort grew once again. "No, you misunderstand. I meant to ask, I did." He paused a moment. "A, request from those who have power. I need to 'ask' the right people, yes? My apologies for the confusion. I wasn't intending to demand."

That seamed to end the conversation, bringing him to the least comfortable he'd been in quite a long time. He was handed back his curse... and offered to help? Perhaps, he wasn't as rude as he had suspected, but that didn't comfort him in slight. Reaver did his best to hurry, but his legs were refusing to cooperate. As he reached the door, the man was already down the dock quite a ways. Reaver did his best to make himself less then slow, but the burns still screamed. He got onto the waiting boat, both fear and awe had managed to slip into his mind.

Despite all the evidence in his favor, he couldn't shake the ominous feeling he got from the temple. He looked twords the outside of the city, to where he kept his boat. It almost left a hole in him, he never got to check if it was even still there. It began to feel empty again, like he was once again a lost slave with no-where to go but where he was told. It was almost comforting, and that was perhaps what made it frightening. He almost forgot, he had just one question... as they approached the temple. He wondered when a good time to ask would come up, as he was handed a hood.

"I am going to have to insist that you put this on. No one but the Chaon may see the path we are about to take." "I should be honored to have seen this much. Twice, if I can see even a single room inside." He put the hood on, no use trying to fight it... especially after a line like that. Though, that feeling of discomfort still remained. As he was led, he kept his mind open for magical energies nearby. He tried to feel just what sort of power flowed through this place, hoping to make it a learning experiance. Though, he didn't quite do it silently. "A name came up, I was wondering if you've heard it before. Does the name Kiochi hold any meaning to you?"

The twisting and winding halls did little for his already deteriorated sense of direction. He was thankful he didn't need to walk anymore once he'd arrived at his location, even if he would need to walk the whole path back, he got to rest again. The hood was pulled off, and he let his eyes adjust to the light. People, hung on walls... all fairly healthy, despite the imprisonment. "Pick your body, and we will begin the process of freeing you from your curse." "We? I'm sorry, I am having trouble believing someone of your caliber would be assisting me this much, let alone hint at further aid." With this, Reaver would give one of his over-the-top bows once again. His legs almost gave out on him, almost buckled under all his... discomfort. Though, one thing he knew, he needed the help. As he slowly managed to bring himself upright, he looked over the four carefully. They were all perfect. "I'd be fine with even one choice, thank you. I'll choose, the one over there." Reaver pointed somewhat reluctantly to the fourth choice, the one with the tattoos. Yes... the body would last a while... though I may need my armor fitted.

"To have the aid of the Black Sun, I'm having trouble bringing myself to believe I'm awake. I had the thought you'd kick me out and leave me to my fate." Oh, this can't turn out well for me, not ever. I preferred Kiochi's laughter over this madness. Am I to be a slave to their will for this? Reaver's mind raced with uneasy thoughts. Even sounding grateful, he had his discomfort.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Alenias on July 6th, 2011, 4:20 pm

Alenias' only hope of calmness, that Siriana would help, was quickly dashed shortly after she arrived at the House of Immortal Pleasures. Before she had just asked for Siriana, and then found her quickly. This time it was like Siriana hadn't even been there. Her tears spilled over and started to run down her cheeks as she desperately asked everyone she could about Siriana. One woman offered to help, giving Alenias a quick glimmer of hope, but she soon realized it was not helping the way Siriana could.

Maybe Siriana was out in the wilderness, but before Alenias could leave and go look out there a terrifying man came up to her. Was this it? Was this man going to drag her away, or do horrible things to her? Instead he seemed to know Siriana, and told her to follow him. Desperate for anything now Alenias followed the big man without hesitation.

Inside the room she listened to the man, unsure what a recruit was, but brightening at his other words. Siriana would be coming, and he would let her rest here. Giving a bright smile, despite the tears still running down her cheeks, Alenias said softly to the man, "Thank you," as he left the room.

Alenias tried to rest, but anxiousness about Aello made her restless. She paced about the small room for a time, but as it grew later and later she began to grow paranoid. What if the man wasn't a friend of Siriana's? What if he was going to get someone? What if he was going to get Trevinus!? Heart pounding at the possibility she whispered softly to Yune, "If I change and fly away you have to follow me. There are very bad people here."

Finally the door opened, Alenias tense and ready to flee, but it was Siriana who came through the door. Her hair was different, but it could be no one else. Throwing her arms around the woman in a tight embrace Alenias burst into a fresh set of tears as her tension flowed away. Siriana was here, she would help make things right.

Once she finally had calmed some Alenias turned her tear-reddened eyes up to Siriana and gave a little sniffle, "The bad man took Aello! We were just going to eat, and then some meanies started to fight with us, and Aello fought back against them, but they were strong. Then another man showed up and killed someone, and arrested Aello and took her away!" Alenias blinked away the fresh tears that sprung to her eyes at the retelling of the story, "The man had the same mark the Trevinus did. I'm scared they're going to kill her, like they did to Treanas!"

Looking up to Siriana with desperate eyes, lips trembling with the threat of a fresh round of sobs Alenias pleaded, "Please Siriana, help me get Aello back. I don't think I could stand to be empty again."
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aello on July 6th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Aello sprang forward and grabbed the piece of bread before it fell to the ground. "Work something out?" she asked, after the man had finally shut his trap. Her voice was cold, highly amused. Despite the smells that surrounded her, causing her nostrils to flare and turn red, the girl managed a slight smile. Her eyes seemed to flash playfully, yet menacingly at the same time, as she strode toward the iron bars, and allowed her face to rest in-between two of them. The metal was so cold... lining her face with a thin sheet of black, a reflection of the dark souls that surrounded her.

"And just what do you think that may look like?" Aello called, "you insignificant little fuck." What a filthy man, Aello thought, as she spat at the ground, just outside the bars of her cell. Her fist tightened around the lump of bread, causing a few crumbs to flake off, imbed themselves beneath her nails, or fall to the floor. "Those ten days won't come quickly enough!" she screamed, as the last of his footsteps faded away. It seemed so very quiet now, so very dark, so very still.

Good job Aello, the girl scolded herself, when she was certain that she was alone. Way to get yourself thrown in jail for killing one of those filthy city guards... as much as the bastard deserved it, it wasn't worth this, was it? Having yourself stripped, and searched, all of your things taken away. All of your birds, and your father's bow... could you imagine being shot to death with one of your father's old arrows? The peacock feathers trembling in the wind as you fell to the floor? A sick smile crossed Aello's lips at the thought, no, the stryfe would not give you a death as honorable as that, dying by the hand of something you loved. Something that belonged to someone so near and dear. No, the stryfe will make you suffer before they take you. They'd wish to break your spirit, and then, only when you begged, would they put you out of your misery... but maybe not even then.

There was a slight pause, as Aello felt the familiar weight of her dagger in her right hand; the one that was not holding the bread; the only way she had to sustain herself. "Well at least you will never leave me," she whispered, as she glanced down at the dagger. She could barely make it out, just the outline of it, a shadow in the darkness. But she knew that it was covered in blood... that it may be freshly stained soon enough...

"At least you will always be there to offer a way out," Aello whispered, as her fists tightened around the object they contained. The fingers of her right hand dug into the hilt of the blade, causing them to grow red with the pressure, and then somewhat cold and sweaty. If only she had someone to take her anger and frustration out on... another guard. It didn't matter now who she killed anyway; for in ten days, her time was up, and Dira would shepherd her away. Her fingernails ripped tiny shreds of hard, moldy bread away, causing it to fall at her feet. If only... if only... they were a bit closer to here, we could end this all. I would join you sooner my goddess, my lovely Dira...

At least the dagger offers another way out... the only way out...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cassandra Coven on July 7th, 2011, 12:11 am

Cassandra released a breath she did not realize she was holding when Trevinus dismissed the other barmaid without any extreme punishment. She had been afraid that the Acolyte would have the girl flogged for her transgression, but he did not and she was vastly relieved. Her little bit of acting had persuaded Trevinus to stay his hand and, quite possibly, cool his anger as well. Even through the hazy fog induced by the spell the Acolyte had woven over her, Cassandra noted this fact as important, saving and storing it in the part of her mind unaffected by the man's magic. She had affected the man's decision, either through the false words and contrived contempt she had just now displayed or, more likely, through the show of passion and lustful performance she had given him the previous night. The Black Sun were not infallible then! Their human whims and worldly desires still made them susceptible to subtle manipulations. Trevinus' next words only strengthened this belief. The man was offering her, a mere barmaid, free access to the Black Sun's headquarters and even offering her a way to relieve herself of the painful consequences of her cursed mark.

Suddenly, Cassandra felt important. She was not just a nobody anymore. It was a good feeling, but she should not show her eagerness for his offer. Blushing, a reaction that was hardly forced on her part, the dark-haired woman demurely lowered her eyes from the man's intense gaze.

"You are too kind, m'lord," she said, "to...to find time and ways to help someone like me."

She looked back up to him them, hazel eyes large and filled with yearning that was partly from the hypnotic spell the Acolyte had cast over her from the last night and partly from another persuasive act she was putting up. His arcane ability had allowed him to gain her confidence but Cassandra instinctively knew that he's taken to her as well. The signs were everywhere, from the way he would lean close to her, to the way he looked at her and especially in how he had relented from punishing the other barmaid because of her words. As one used to reading non-verbal cues of a person's disposition, Cassandra felt she could read Trevinus like an open book.

Oh, no doubt he was just using her, but that did not mean she could not use him back. Someday, she would find a use for her hold over him and exploit it. It was quite a familiar game to her, one similar to that which she played with the tavern's patrons every night: by giving a little peek at her flesh or allowing a soft pat at her curves, she knew she would get a generous tip. If the patron failed to do so, they would not get the same treatment the next night. The arrangement Trevinus offered her was no different, and Cassandra felt she could play the game well.

"I-I cannot turn you down, m'lord, I only ask that...that..." Again, she did that almost shy glance away from him, only to return her gaze to him as if she could not bear not to have him in her sights. The Acolyte's magicks were partly responsible for such an act, but now Cassandra was playing too. "I only ask that you still allow me to see you. For...for your pleasure."

She was playing a dangerous game now, with dangerous playmates.

OOCMade several assumptions using Cassandra's lore of reading body language. They don't have to be true but she now thinks Trevinus' can serve as an avenue for her to become more than just another face in the crowd.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Crismento Miren on July 8th, 2011, 8:37 pm

Crismento’s trick with words worked, but not exactly to the extent he had hoped. He didn’t get a new significant name, if there was any, but at least his suspicions about Ervis being a man and not the one in charge were confirmed. The way Phillip described the man seemed to offer a window of opportunity for the Ebonstryfe to gain some sort of advantage. Perhaps. Even if the distrust shown by the slave was shared among some other members of this rebellious organization, Ervis might have as well been misunderstood. Cris didn’t know what kind of magic it was that the wizard was engaging in, but mages in general weren’t very popular among the common folk. And the creepier it was the worse reception they might get.

Cris laughed at Phillip’s joke, even though he didn’t understand the real meaning behind those words. Was it a sudden drop in respect for Fiona or just some sort of Rising Dawn inside joke? Maybe it was just an innocent comment to lighten up the languorous atmosphere. In any case, the lying artist didn’t know how to follow up on that so just remained sitting there with an inappropriately happy smile and looked at the iron bars in front of him. Phillip reached for the bread in his hand and Cris gladly shared it with him. It was a strong sign that the man had gained some trust and a single-sided process of bonding might have begun.

The thoughts of how the subject of the Rising Dawn activities and secrets might have been approached without raising suspicion were interrupted by a loud entrance of guards that after a few uncomforting words pulled Cris of the ground and took him out of the cell. This was the reason why he liked his independent style of work and perhaps why it made him a bad team player, especially when he wasn’t the one in charge. Crismento had completely different scenario planned out and he felt that with just a few more gentle pushes he could’ve made Phillip reveal it all. But the Stryfe was apparently impatient. He heard shouts of support behind him and still as Meph yelled back to the slave: Let Rhysol tremble, Phillip! Our hearts are our weapons!”

As he was led through the corridors blindfolded, Cris questioned what the Ebonstryfe didn’t wan’t him to see on his way. Surely they didn’t expect him to learn the route and escape, and yet it was the most likely reason why. When he was shoved down into a chair and his eyes were once again allowed to see, he noticed Korin leaning against the wall, seemingly waiting for Crismento’s report. The Stryfe explained the reasons why his time to operate was cut short and the way the man presented the opportunity to go back and learn some more sounded more like a threat than an offer. The liar did not want his face and body be decorated with bruises for ‘realism’ at all. What he had gotten out of the slave had to sound like a lot, Cris decided.

”Well, I’d like to think that I have learned quite a bit in the short timeframe that I was apparently allotted,” Crismento began, his voice subtly indicating how great his accomplishment was. ”I have a strong reason to believe that this Siriana that you are looking for and suspect of being the leader of the Rising Dawn now goes by the name of Fiona. Such belief of mine is based on the frequency with which the name has been mentioned and the prisoner’s certainty that she is the one who could still save us… Him… Them…” Cris slightly frowned to himself. His way with words was often the tool that he wielded with a relative ease, but today his mind and body was already challenged in a way that they rarely are, making him somewhat clumsy in his speech. ”Which leads me to another point, that the powerful Ebonstryfe is certainly already aware of. Phillip believes that the Rising Dawn will attempt to free the prisoners during their execution. Siriana might even be there despite the obviously overwhelming risks, since apparently she is in love with the blue creature. Harrol, was it?”

Cris leaned back in the chair. His tongue ran through the dried lips. The last thing he drank was poisoned beer. Not very refreshing. ”There is another important person among the rebels named Ervis. He’s a wizard of sorts that, according to the slave, gets magic from the bones. Phillip doesn’t trust him and I got the impression that the feeling might not be an exception at least among the lower ranks of the Rising Dawn. Ervis seeks power of the highest level, which makes one wonder whether he opposes Rhysol purely because the rebel faction makes him a convenient target, if I may say so.” Cris didn’t mention the possibility that those might have only been rumors that were encouraged by the general distrust and mystery of wizards, because he didn’t want to weaken the importance of his findings. If Korin was smart, he would think of it himself. ”And of course the precious artifact that had been stolen is believed to be locked away in the safe house,” Crismento finished a bit lamely, for it was the weakest part of his report, since he had nothing to say about their base.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on July 11th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Reaver

Reaver did not immediately get an answer to his inquiry about Kiochi. They just kept on walking. In fact, he did not recieve an answer at all. After they arrived at the room and Reaver chose his body Trevinus nodded and motioned with his hand. A guard stepped from the shadows nearby, appearing next to Reaver and passing him by. The guard drew his sword and walked first to the laborer. His sword was plunged into the unconscious man's belly, spilling his guts. The guard moved on to the next man as if it had been nothing and ended him in the same manner. The woman was skipped over, and when the guard reached Reaver's choice he sheathed his sword and began removing the man from the wall. The guard plopped the man down on the floor and pulled a small vial of liquid from his belt pouch, pouring it into the prisoner's mouth. The prisoner coughed and sputtered for a moment before falling still. Gradually his breathing slowed, and then stopped altogether. When it was done the guard moved back to the girl.

As the guard worked Trevinus explained, "You should not be surprised by our willingness to help. Ravok is and always has been a safe haven for those who wish to escape the chaos of the outside world. You have been cursed by something that was meant for those that seek to destroy our place of safety. I would be remiss if we did not fix that." Trevinus motioned to the dead body. "The body is fresh and undamaged. The poison was merely an overdose of sedative, it should not effect you when you transfer. If you need anything for the... process, let us know. Rest if you need to, but do not take too long, otherwise you may have another blackout."

As they spoke the guard removed the woman from the wall and placed her next to the man Reaver was to claim. Once that was done the guard promptly left the room, and Trevinus continued. "Switching the curse will be as simple as placing the vial on the woman and making sure it is still there when you enter your new body. It must be done side by side, otherwise the vial may move itself closer to you and fall off. Once you leave your body the vial will switch to the woman... simple as that." Trevinus would bring Reaver anything he needed for the ritual and when Reaver was ready, Trevinus would leave him alone with the woman, corpse, and vial. On his way out the Acolyte paused at the door. "Oh.. and Kiochi is one of Rhysol's personal messengers. If you met him, you should be honored." The door closed and Reaver was left to his ritual.

OOCIt really is as simple as that... Maybe. >.> Anyway, if you have any questions ask. The quest will be wrapping up in a post or two. I will give you more info in the xp award.

Cassandra Coven

So smart this one is, Trevinus thought to himself. Already Cassandra was trying to manipulate him, and it was working. He knew it, and allowed it, because he liked her. Not in such a way that he wouldn't destroy her if he had too.. but still, she was quite perfect. Perhaps, when time allowed, the Black Sun may bring her into their own. She would make an excellent servant of Rhysol. But for now Trevinus was content to enjoy her as his own personal plaything.

"Do not be so surprised, my dear. It is the duty of the Black Sun to protect the loyal from the dangers of the outside world, even from the gods. So many people forget that about us. And how could I not help such a pretty flower as yourself?"

A fresh meal was brought to them and after a quick inspection the barmaid was waved off. Cassandra expressed her desire for future endeavors such as the one from the previous night and Trevinus couldn't help but smile. It didn't matter to him if she was trying to use him, he wouldn't turn down such an offer. The night had been quite enjoyable.

"Of course, my dear. I would welcome it. Would that I had the time right now... But let us eat. I'm afraid I have other duties to attend to later. Take the day off, the bartender has already found a replacement for you today. Relax, enjoy yourself. If you need it, I can take you to the Vitrax after we are done. My business takes me there anyway, and you wouldn't have to find someone yourself to... fulfill your need."

Trevinus ate his meal, chatting with Cassandra about this or that. For a moment it almost seemed normal, except that it was not. She was sharing a meal with a member of the Black Sun. Suddenly her life had gone from being an insignificant barmaid to an ally of the Black Sun. People would know it, her relation with Trevinus was obvious to everyone in the tavern, but they would not dare speak of it. People were going to treat her different. She had power now, even if it was only by association, but she had it. When they were done, Trevinus would either take his leave, promising to call on her soon, or he would guide her to the Vitrax.

OOCOkay, so you can either end your part in the thread now and make a final post, or we can continue and go do your first scene at the Vitrax. I'm not sure how much longer the other stories will run, though all will be completed in the next few updates.

Crismento Miren

Korin listened in silence as Crismento revealed what he had learned, the Stryfe's face a mask that was impossible to read. But the fact that he did not immediately dismiss the information as useless was hopeful, and for several moments Korin said nothing at all. Finally he nodded slowly, "We are not concerned about an escape attempt. If they are foolish enough to try it then it will simply give us more prisoners to interrogate." Korin walked across the room to a table behind Crismento, and the con artist heard the sound of pouring water. He was not bound and could turn to look if he wished, but it was unnecessary for Korin shortly brought the parched man a glass of cool water.

"The only magic I know of that involves bones is malediction, and perhaps animation... Either way, I could see how the corpse of a god might be useful. Perhaps we could convert him if we promised him something of similar power? ...but that would require us to know how to find him." Korin shrugged, dismissing the notion for the time being. "This Fiona, I know nothing of her. I've never heard the-"

Ahem, um.." One of the guards who had brought Crismento spoke up tentatively. "I know who Fiona is, my lord." Suddenly all eyes were on the guard, making him all the more nervous. "She is, well um.. that is, I believe is one of the girls at the.. House of Immortal Pleasures. Very exclusive.. Always turns me down. Sometimes she has large groups. It's called um... the Fiona Special, I think. I always thought it was a um, well a massive orgy, but maybe it's something else?"

The information rocked Korin back on his heels, and when the Stryfe recovered he seemed more animated than he had ever been. "That makes perfect sense! Siriana operated out of the whore house as well. Interesting that she would return to the same place... either she is very foolish or very brilliant." Korin turned to Crismento, his eyes revealing his excitement at finally making a break in the case. "You have done well. You will be released as promised. Here is your reward, you're free to go. You'll find the exit through that door." Korin tossed Cris a bulging coin pouch and pointed at a door behind him, then started to exit through another door but paused. "Unless... you'd like the opportunity to earn more coin today?"

OOCThe pouch has 40 GM. We can end the thread here. Make your exit through the door, it will lead down a hall which ends in another door opening out into the courtyard of the Vitrax. Or you can stay and we can continue a bit longer. I don't know how long some of the other stories will take, so we can extend yours if you like.

Aello

Later that night...

Aello could not be sure how much time had passed. A bell? Two? There was no way to mark the passing of time. No windows to see the outside sky. And the guard in his office never came out. It was impossible to find a clean spot to rest, and the bread was hardly worth the distraction. The dagger offered a way out indeed, and that option was looking more and more attractive as the darkness set in. And then came the laughter.

Ahahahaaahahaaa! Hahahaaaa! HAHAHAHAAAHAAAA!

It went on and on, growing louder and louder. All around her, and in her head. It was painful, it was maddening, Aello thought her ears might bleed. Where was incoming from? Where were the guards? Did nobody hear the laughter but her? Aello was beginning to grow dizzy. AAAHAHAHAHAAA!!! If she wasn't already down the sound would drive her to her knees. How much more could she take before she lost it? Surely her ears were bleeding, though they were not. Surely the laughter would drive her mad, but was she already? It continued until Aello noticed the dagger still in her hand. Before the thought of escape could cross her mind the laughter ceased and all was silent.

Until it was broken by a voice. A voice that echoed all around her. It would have been as maddening as the laughter, except that it was soft

"Hello Aello."

A strange monkey like creature sat across from her, sitting just inside the bars. The door was still locked, but somehow the creature was in her cell. The creature stared at Aello, it's head cocked to one side, waiting patiently as she recovered from the laughter. When she had finally regained her composure it spoke again, it's voice bouncing around the room a thousand times in an extremely irritating manner.

"My, oh my, what have you gotten yourself into this time? The ghosts of Ravok will be all a chatter over this juicy piece of gossip. Have they treated you well? Sometimes the guards can be a bit rough. I'm sure you have questions. What is it? Did it cause the laughter? Have I gone mad? I am Kiochi. Sorry about the laughter. And if you are mad I assure you it was not my doing."

The creature took a few steps toward Aello, but not so close as to put itself in range of her dagger. "I just have one question. Do you want to live?" The echoing stopped with that question, and all was silent once more as it waited for Aello to speak.

Alenias

The hurt was plain in Siriana's eyes, she felt for the kelvic, she really did. But what could she do? Trying to rescue someone from Rhysol's prison was a death sentence. There was nothing she could do. But no... That was not Priskil's way. There had to be a way. There was always hope. Though Alenias may not have noticed, a faint glimmer of light came from Siriana's gloved hands as she gripped the kelvic's shoulders firmly and looked into your eyes. "Don't be afraid, Alenias." Alenias felt new courage and hope as Siriana spoke, "We will find a way to save your friend, I promise." Fear was replaced with courage, doubt with hope. It was the work of Priskil flowing through the woman's gloved hands, and it made Alenias strong.

"Give me some time to speak with my people. I will be back before the dawn."

Waiting again. But this time Alenias had hope, pure hope, coursing through her. As promised Siriana returned before the sun lit the sky. "I have a plan.. but it is going to be dangerous." Alenias felt only courage. "I wouldn't have suggested it, but I have been assured it is the best way. You are the only one who is small enough... Alenias, you are going to free Aello. But you won't be alone." Siriana stepped aside and through the door came someone Alenias never thought she would see again.

"Alenias.."

It was Treanus, or rather the ghost of Treanus. He was pale, almost see through, but it was him. After whatever reaction the kelvic might have Treanus would move into the room and speak again. "Alenias, I'm not here to stay. I'm dead. Like the people Aello helps. I.. I can't hold on much longer. I wanted to make sure Aello was good for you. After tonight, I know she would do anything to protect you. I am going to help you save her.. and then I have to go. Forever."
Last edited by Verilian on August 3rd, 2011, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Reaver on July 12th, 2011, 7:14 am

Reaver watched the guard do his work. It was, simple and effective. Reaver contemplated how hard it would be to use those bodies, the insides would be a mess but not required for the transfer. He kept it to himself, however.

Reaver's eyes shined as Trevinus spoke. He never really thought of why he didn't quite like this city until he spoke... chaos. Though, he was still thankful for the help all the same. The only downside was that the woman heard the entire speech as well, making his complicated plan much harder to work with, if she was actually awake. Well, they would probably kill her afterwards anyway... though who knows what may happen.

Trevinus asked an important question. "If you need anything for the... process, let us know." One he finished his line, Reaver spoke up swiftly. "My thanks. Ink that stains..." He looked to the wall at the prisoners. "...such as the blood spilled from the other two. Something to carry ink. A bucket, perhaps?"[/color] Reaver's eyes scanned the dark room until he came across just such a bucket, perhaps used for cleaning? He went over and grabbed it, and swiftly placed it under one of the bleeding prisoners. He nodded to Trevinus. "And something to write with, like the hair I already have. I can make it work. I'm not all that adjusted to getting help, so I tend to use more common supplies. As far as things to help not found here, some embalming fluid, my tools, and maybe fresh gauze or thread like mine, if it wasn't a bother. I can start the ritual with what I have here, but the body takes a touch more effort. If that's an issue, don't be bothered to tell me no." ...He got his supplies. That made his day.

Trevinus left, and spoke one final mention. "If you met him, you should be honored." The closed door didn't hinder his retort. "I am honored when anyone knows my name." He looked to make sure Trevinus was gone. "You should be honored to have met me all the same, as I am to have met you." He looked to the girl. "Now, sleeping girl alone in the room with me, I don't suppose you know any magic, yes? Of course not. You have a name?" He didn't let her (lack of) replies hinder his efforts, as he took the now-filled bucket and took to his work. He carefully drew up his ritual across the man.

He dipped the end of the brush into the blood, and began drawing the ritualistic runes and circles. He carefully used the edges of his gauntlets to cut a portion of the man's hair from his head. Reaver carefully tied it together using one of the strands, and held it gently as he dipped it into the blood. He began the ritual, drawing first on the forehead he just cleared of hair. He slowly moved down the man, a piece at a time. Head, neck, upper chest, then the arms. The palms took an excess of his time, given their difficult shape. The blood was drying up, so he wnet back to the bodies, and cut one of the legs on one. After collecting more blood, he moved back to his ritual. He continued down the chest... taking care over the heart. He went over the rest with ease, working around the area of the belly. The belly itself took special care once again. After collecting more blood, he continued with the legs. He did them together, making his way downward until he got to the feet. He did those one at a time, and carefully. Once done, he was sure to open the man's mouth, and let out a heavy sigh.

"I don't suppose you're awake now? I'd hate to force the thing 'on' you without my tools." Reaver took the vial, and glared at it. "Don't kill her right off, I'd rather love to see a few guards running around in fear for once. I haven't had the chance, but I always have plenty of time. What was your name again? Silvas? I'd hate to miss a chance to see your work." He wedged the vial between the woman's breasts. Roll there. No, wait, just sit there like so many I'm sure have wanted to. He set the woman comfortably next to his... new body. He sighed, it would be a rough day if she woke up, but he couldn't quite bring himself to force her to swallow the thing. He set her hands upon her chest, as if to convince her to hold it there. Don't stop me, Silvas, I need my beauty sleep. He smirked at his own joke.

One final step, he removed all his armor and belongings. He was very careful in removing all the gauze he had on. It seamed to want to hold his shape rather well, for the amount that was usable. Once done, he let out a sigh. He set his stuff neatly at the foot of his body, then got into position for the ritual. He made his last breath with his old and broken body, and used it to make one final, heavy sigh. I'd grown a touch attached to you. He smirked again, it wasn't even supposed to be funny. He opened his mouth in front of the other, and the ichor began to flow...

He opened his new eyes, it felt like waking from a dream. Even in his weakened state, he was easily twice as strong as he was before. He looked to the girl next to him, and rolled his old body off to the other side. He sat up, slowly. He looked to his stuff, and sighed. Time to start preparing for the hard part. Reaver carefully prepared his body, to slow decay. The entire bottle was used, but more-so perhaps from is inefficiency. Once he had that as far along as he could, he began to carefully wrap himself in fresh gauze. He took his time, perhaps if they asked he'd say it was a part of his ritual. His ritual, as if each was different. He smirked. He took every needed moment to thread the gauze together, he didn't want it coming undone from a single cut, burn, or scrape. Once he had is gauze in place, and the thread holding it all together, he put his armor on. The familiar blue scale was heavy, but not nearly as heavy as it was with his burned body. Finally, his medical bag, his cloak, and then his wig and mask. The wig was fastened tight, using several threads to hold it. The mask, a much lighter hold, as it did occasionally get in the way.

He made a deep breath, and let out a heavy sigh. These lungs were much easier to use. He gave the captive near him a nudge with his foot. "Awake yet?" An almost mocking tone. He was confident that the scene before her would hardly be new, compared to what she'd probably faced here already. On that note, what do they do with the live ones? "Time to deal with a different devil, perhaps."
OOCShould you decide she stays asleep, Reaver would knock on the door in here to see if there was a guard or someone on the other side. If plan B didn't have any interactions, he'd just explore the random empty dark room a bit. Any troubles or questions, feel free to ask.
Reaver's CS (Voice: #3355FF Thoughts: #000AAA Hidden: #3D2828)
Reaver
Student Teacher

Words: 212925
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 1:51 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Crismento Miren on July 13th, 2011, 10:05 am

Silence after Crismento’s words. He waited for the Stryfe’s reaction, but Korin’s face wasn’t giving anything away and even his words were yet to come. The quietness of the room was beginning to make Cris a little anxious, almost the way he felt when he was just brought in to that room the first time. Was it a good sign that Korin hasn’t said anything yet? Was he thinking about the new information or was he trying to hide his disappointment? The Ebonstryfe hadn’t stabbed him yet, so that must have been a good sign. Perhaps something in his report was of value after all.

A single nod was enough to bring relief to the con artist. As he had expected, the Stryfe didn’t pay too much attention to the escape plans. Whether it was confidence or overconfidence was not for him to decide, and frankly he didn’t care. The message had served its purpose to make his report seem bigger and more informative, and what they would decide to do with those news were their business.

A sound of his first reward pouring into a glass reached Crismento ears. He nodded to thank Korin when he gave him the drink and emptied the glass in a few avid gulps bringing back life to his dying lips and throat. Cris wiped away the water that missed his mouth and was now dripping down his chin as he listened to the Stryfe. Malediction, animation… Those were words that he had heard in Zeltiva, but held little meaning to him. He could imagine what animation was to an extent, but malediction remained some sort of dark mystery. Sometimes he felt somewhat stupidly incompetent that his knowledge of the arcane extended so little beyond his field.

His biggest and most important news, the current alias of Siriana, seemed to have little effect until one of the guards came to the rescue. Crismento’s eyes glistened when the man spoke. The Fiona Special…. So that’s what the joke was. He should’ve known that the innuendo made by the slave had something important behind him; he should’ve made the connection. You don’t call your leader a whore out of the blue. But then again, he was rather new in town and House of Immortal Pleasures was just a name to him. Maybe he should pay a visit there sometime to fix this issue.

Korin seemed happy with the new findings. Cris caught the thrown at him and weighted it in his hand. He had seen merchants finding out the exact amount of coins in the bag by doing this, but all the con man could deduct was that it was much lighter than the one with his main savings. Crismento was shown the door and then another opportunity. He didn’t know what to do. His freedom was so close. Just through that door and he would be done with this mess. Back to his own work, alone and without control.

But that’s how he did things in Zeltiva… No contacts, no favours or jobs for the people more powerful than him, not known by anyone. And when things had gone sour he was forced to run away. And these people here, they knew who he was. When they wanted him, it took only a simple trick to get him in a helpless state. Perhaps if he was their friend, his stay in Ravok would become safer and more enjoyable? Even though these people could never be trusted. Even though he was afraid of what they were capable of and what they might have wanted him to do. ’You coward coward Cris. Money always has been and always will be your sole motivator, so stop trying to fool yourself,’ he laughed at himself.

Cris bowed down his head slightly and spoke: ”You have told me that I owe a debt to Rhysol. If there is something our god needs me to do, you only have to say.” It was slightly embarrassing how subservient his words sounded, especially given how much he disliked his current state, but over there years Crismento had been getting used to becoming whoever he needed to become.
Crismento Miren
Not Laconic

Words: 114694
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2011, 9:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Aello on July 13th, 2011, 2:13 pm

"Hello," Aello stammered as she stared at the strange monkey-like creature that was sitting just inside the bars of her cell. Now how did that get here? Aello wondered, surely it wasn't here before... unless the eyes constantly passed over its peculiarity in order to help maintain what little remains of the brain's sanity... There was a slight pause as Aello's grip tightened around the hilt of her blade, causing the edges of her fingers to grow strained, and then somewhat numb. An uneasy smile crossed her lips; the damn thing's voice was echoing through the corridor, causing the mind to sting, and an increased chance of the guards noticing that someone, or rather something, had joined her. What the petch is that bloody thing anyway? the girl wondered as her eyes passed up and down over its form. Its kind has never crossed our path, or even our studies... not a single description in an old book, not so much as a drawing. There was a slight pause as Aello's eyes narrowed, something was out of sorts.

And then the creature told Aello the majority of the things that swirled around her mind, begging for an explanation. It was a Kiochi. Now what are they? Aello wondered, as she racked her brain for some sort of explanation; the slightest of hints or descriptions. But as much as she searched, she found nothing. So she would have to ask, and hope the creature would answer her, quietly, so that the guards and other prisoners would not hear. "The ghosts are always whispering, whether or not something good or bad comes to pass, why would this be any different?" Aello asked. Unless the news of a spiritist, one that may aid them, going to jail alters the flow of things... how quickly word passes from ear to ear; from one portion of the city to the next. The fingers of her right hand had turned white, what if this thing is merely here to verify the news, and to spread the word? The one that carries hope for the dead may very well join them soon?

Aello tilted her head to the side as she watched the creature; that was always a possibility, was it not? "The guards, treat a spiritist well? One that destroyed one of their ranks? No dear one... they would not treat me well. They don't treat anyone but their own well. Surely you know such things..." she went on, her voice trailing off. Why is it asking such things? Shouldn't it know? Is it... up to no good? Gathering information for the dark? she wondered, realizing she was far too weak, and tired to depend on her magic for help. After all, exhaustion made way for inaccuracies, which could only mean that she just may go after that which tried to help her.

"And just what is a Kiochi?" Aello asked. "And how did you get into this cell without anyone noticing you? The guards... the other prisoners? Or do they know as well as the one that stands before you?" There was a slight pause, "and would you, for the sake of Dira, quiet down? For if they don't already know of your presence, they will soon enough... the whole city will know with the sound that echoes off these walls," the young spiritist continued, her voice an irritated, whispered, hiss. Her eyes, although still narrowed, were blazing; as though she could light the strange creature on fire should she stare at it long enough. The creature took a step forward, although it was still just out of reach. A chill shot up Aello's spine. It didn't seem to fully trust her either; not when she had a bloodied blade clutched tightly in her hand.

"Live?" Aello asked, her eyes losing their focus as her mind filled with confusion. Why ask that? the woman wondered, when there seemed to be no way out. "While Dira's embrace may be welcomed, I am young. The day the two of us finally meet should be a far way's off." There was a slight pause. "If you know a way out of this mess friend, then please share it. The goddess knows she will have us all one day... that we cannot keep running for very long. And she should forgive us if we keep on trying to escape the inevitable, at least for a little while..."

OOCSo yes, Aello wants to live... and is convinced she is losing it... oh lovely days...
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alenias on July 14th, 2011, 3:03 pm

Siriana's words washed away all the fear and doubt in Alenias' heart. The Kelvic smiled up at her brightly, the only trace of tears the streaks on her face, and gave a bright nod. Alenias had known Siriana could help! She was almost as good as Aello!

This time when left in the room Alenias did not worry. Siriana had said she would help, and Alenias had no reason to doubt her. The woman would return, and she would help Alenias get Aello back. She passed the time moving about the room and chatting with Yune.

Siriana's return brought a bright smile to Alenias' face, and she nodded energetically in response to her words, "I don't care if it's dangerous! I'll do anything to get Aello back!" much like the night the two had first met, Alenias' voice and body were filled with determination, but this time it was strengthened even further by hope.

At the reveal of Treanas Alenias stared in shock for a few moments before she finally spoke, "Treanas?" she was wide eyed, confusion plain in her body and voice, but after a moment she shook it away, "Thank you, Treanas," she smiled warmly at him, but it wasn't the same smile she had given the man when he was alive.

Alenias could remember when Treanas had taken care of her, when she had felt for him like she felt for Aello now, but she didn't feel that way anymore. Aello was the one taking care of her now, but she was glad to Treanas' help. Even if he did look really strange and was dead. The important thing was doing whatever it took to get Aello back.
Alenias
Naive Thief

Words: 97478
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext