The Reluctant Return Home (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Argillaceous on May 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Argillaceous was pleased that the humans were taking him seriously while he talked. Perhaps humans aren't as silly or as annoying as everyone said back at the village He though happily It might be nice to find a human shoulder to perch on. Once he had finished speaking and listened to Erzotol's apology, he smiled in return and spoke.

"It's fine. I am as much at fault as you. My entrance was a little...sneaky" he admitted with a shrug. Then he heard the woman's question.

Argillaceous was, at that moment in time, roughly two seconds away from trying to kill them both. But two thoughts stayed his hands. The realization that he could use a friendly human to help him out, and the fact that the man had a rather large sword at his hip, and likely knew how to use it. So instead of a frenzied attack, his answer was a grumbling "Okay..."
Argillaceous
Player

Words: 5687
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Derailey on May 4th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Derailey couldn't help the large grin that spread across her face. Carefully she bent down, and took the Pycon into her arms. This was so strange. She had never before seen a Pycon, and now here she was holding one. It was all rather exciting.

She looked him over with curious eyes, taking in his every detail. "You are amazing." She spoke aloud, more to herself than anyone. "Would you like to...go back on the ground?" She asked now realizing that he probably didn't like being gaped out or manhandled like this.
Derailey
You want a battle. I'll give you a war.

Words: 36925
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Erzotol Silverden on May 5th, 2011, 12:34 am

After he had heard the pycon's acceptance of his apologies, he quickly decided to concern himself with other things, scooping up Laeon in his arms, and scratching behind his ears as he watched Derailey pick him up. He was just as amazed with the strange being as she was, but his was more of a caution, and respect to the little clay man. Argil didn't seem like he would be much of a challenge in a fight, but none the less everyone deserved their respect in turn, unless they proved themselves to be dishonorable.

Setting his fox gently on his horse, he unsheathed his blade and sat down in a crouch with the sword across his lap. " So pycon, what do you do in the ways of a profession? " he asked, drumming his fingers along its flat side.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Words: 148027
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Argillaceous on May 5th, 2011, 1:32 am

Argillaceous stood rather still as Derailey scooped him up and appreciated the care with which she handled him. As she held him in her arms he braced himself, expecting to be nearly squashed. However, the experience of being hugged by a human was so different from what he had expected he was taken aback.

The first things he noticed was the warmth. Pycon are clay creatures, and as such, are not unusually warm. This only made the heat of the young woman's arms and hands more pleasant for Argillaceous. The second thing he noticed was the gentle care the woman was handling him with. He could feel her embrace at the very center of his body, strong, but at the same time delicate. All in all, the embrace was quite enjoyable.

When the woman asked if he would like to be put back down, he spoke in a rather dazed tone of voice "Yes, please". When back on the ground, he shook his head roughly and regained his composure. When the (relatively speaking) large man drew his sword and asked about Argillaceous' occupation, the Pycon thought for a moment.

"I'm quite young at the moment, so I don't really have a definite occupation as of yet" he said, smiling lightly "But I suppose I'd like to be a spy, perhaps a theif. I am the right size for it after all"
Argillaceous
Player

Character sheet

Postby Derailey on May 5th, 2011, 1:53 am

Derailey slowly backed away as the two men conversed, and walked to the path that she had been following before Erzotol had found her. There stood both Chel and Solo, waiting patiently for her. "It's safe." With that, she turned back around and returned to the group, both of her companions behind her.

As soon as the Pycon was in Solo's sight, the large dog went to sniffing and inspecting the clay creature. Derailey smirked as she watched this little act. "I apologize, he likes to make sure I have the right company." After a while, Solo became tired of Argil and turned to Erzotol, but instead of leaving him alone, he let out a low growl.

Derailey raised a brow, and watched Solo bare his fangs. "Here," she said as a warning to him. Hesitantly, he returned to Derailey's side, but never once did his eyes leave the Drykas. Derailey patted his head, and gave Erzotol an apologetic look, "he doesn't like...men."
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Erzotol Silverden on May 5th, 2011, 3:11 am

He chuckled at his suggestion of profession. Indeed the small one would be well suited to such a task he mused while observing the woman walk off in the background. " If that doesn't suit you maybe crafting might be more suitable for one of your stature " he offered kindly with a grin on his face.

Erzotols eyes gravitated towards the woman as she returned with a dog, and horse. He could faintly hear the soft growling coming from his fox, at the presence of the large animal. Laeon didn't much like dogs, and Erzotol couldn't help to agree with him, he was much more of a fox kind of guy anyways. His grip on the hilt of the sword tightened upon the dog threatening him with his growling, but his face remained stoic and unfazed as he leveled his eyes towards the canine, locking eyes with it unblinkingly. One did not survive long in the wilds by granting concessions to any who threatened them after all.

As Derailey approached however, he broke the stare down and looked up at her blankly, nodding his head that all was well. Through a effort of will, he loosed his tight grip on the hilt, but it wouldn't leave his hand anytime soon. " He’s entitled to his own opinion " was all the reply that he could muster.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Derailey on May 8th, 2011, 3:55 pm

Solo soon turned to the growling fox with a happy wagging tail. He trodded over to the creature that was almost five times smaller than her was, and sniffed at it really close, though it didn't look like the fox liked that very much. He was just curious.

"So Argillaceous, what brings you to the sea of grass," She asked, crossing her arms and leaning back against Chel. She watched him intently waiting for him to answer. She would not expect a creature to small to travel to this place willingly, but if he did, she asmired his bravery, though...bravery doesn't keep you alive.
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Argillaceous on May 10th, 2011, 11:41 pm

As the dog moved closer to Argillaceous, the pycon studied it warily. He was cautious around anything larger than him and stupid enough to try to eat him. He and dogs lost very little love between them, and cats were even worse. He'd known a kitten who would bat at him for no reason at all. He'd hated it with a passion.

Argil let out a slightly forced chuckle at the man's small joke. "I think I'd get bored pretty quickly doing something like that" he said, smiling "but it might be something to do for some coin"

As answer to the woman's question he grinned "As a matter of fact I was looking for Endrykas, as I heard there was a pycon living there, and I was hoping to meet up with her."
Argillaceous
Player

Character sheet

Postby Erzotol Silverden on May 11th, 2011, 11:16 pm

" Let’s just hope then that neither of us finds ourselves on opposite sides, should you choose the former " he said good naturedly. He possessed a strong moral compass, and the thought of this one might become a thief more than a little bit offended him. Erzotol didn't know if aiding the little one to Endrykas was a good thing, especially if he followed the course of a spy or a thief. That was one thing he would not budge on, if the pycon chose that course then it would be time for him to take his leave. He would not be held responsible for leading a mischievous outsider to his beloved city of Endrykas. Still better not to judge just yet, he needed to first determine this one's character first.

As he explained his reasoning for wanting to go to the city, Erzotol stood quiet, analyzing the little man's words more than his blank face let on. Until his disposition was determined he would most definitely keep an eye on this one.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Derailey on May 14th, 2011, 12:10 am

Derailey listened to the two speak for a while, sensing an underlying unease for Erzotol. When the pycon spoke to her, she smiled at the mention of the other creature being a female. "Does she know of your arrival, or is this a...surprise visit?" Derailey felt more than a little curious. She had not returned home in quite some time, and has not yet heard news of a Pycon existing there. This would be something to see.

Then there was a sharp ringing sound in Derailey's ears. It was loud in her head, but the other's didn't appear to hear it, at least if they did she couldn't tell by the looks on their faces. Slowly she let her smile fade a bit, and glanced around. She gritted her teeth as the pressure grew. Her horse gently nedged her shoulder with her head, letting out a caring breath. Derailey patted the horse, making sure to keep her facial features calm.
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

PreviousNext