The Reluctant Return Home (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Argillaceous on May 21st, 2011, 2:40 pm

Argillaceous sensed a subtle shift in the man's face as he mentioned his career choice. He quickly guessed at the underlying reason. After all, what man would be comfortable with bringing a spy or a thief into his home? Not wanting to be ditched in the middle of the plains, Argillaceous quickly changed his tune.

"Still, I think I could be a decent entertainer as well" he said, acting ponderous "I do have certain skills that could be bent to that realm, and it is always better to stay on the right side of the law."

He smiled broadly at Derailey's question and answered, still grinning "A surprise of course!" here, however, his face clouded "I simply hope she has not left the city by the time I get there"
Argillaceous
Player

Words: 5687
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Derailey on May 22nd, 2011, 1:03 am

Shaking off that earlier disturbance, she smirked at Argil's reply. "Well, it may take us a while to get to your destination. It's a four day ride from here, but at least six if you are planning to walk their. Endrykas is constantly moving. It was fortunate that you happened to run into two of its residents, huh?"

She took a step toward her horse, taking a hold of the reigns. She looked up to the sky. Those distant clouds were steadily heading toward them, which wasn't a good sign at all, and not to mention, that was the direction that she needed to go. She gazed at the clouds, contemplating on what he travel plan should be. Head out and hope to find a possible place to wait out the storm, or wade her way through it. Decisions, decisions.

She looked down, noticing Solo who looked up at her with eager eyes and a wagging tail. He would follow her no matter where she went. She then looked to Chel, who stood ready for whatever choice she made. She would have to decide when she time came to make a choice, but right now she had to make it as far as she could. She did not have enough provisions to survive longer than a week.

Turning Chel's body to face her intended direction, she looked back to the Drykas and the Pycon behind her. "Are you planning to travel alone, Argil?" She looked to Erzotol, as well, "Erzotol?"
Derailey
You want a battle. I'll give you a war.

Words: 36925
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2011, 8:24 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Erzotol Silverden on May 22nd, 2011, 3:40 am

Erzotol became slightly pleased at the pycons change of direction and a nod was all he offered of his acceptance of the man's claim, but the slight unease born of wariness remained. The true merit of this one is for another to determine he decided finally as he watched him.

" Actually, I was just out on patrol when I came across you Deraily, but I'd be willing to travel alongside you for a time if you would allow me to he replied evenly keeping his eyes set between her and the pycon, while his mind buzzed with thoughts. Quite the curious group we have here he mused as he watched them all, and looked back lovingly to his fox and strider. No matter what he always felt comfortable with those two dear friends nearby.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Words: 148027
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Derailey on May 23rd, 2011, 9:11 pm

Derailey nodded, "It would be safer to have another familiar to travel with." Then her attention turned to the Pycon, "And you?" She waited patiently for his reply, but as the seconds passed she could feel the storms eye direct it's intent in their direction. "It is going to be a dangerous track to go alone, my friend." She added, regarding the dark clouds appraching behind her in the distance. "A deadly one."
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Argillaceous on May 30th, 2011, 2:55 pm

"With my size I prefer to stay in a group" he replied honestly. Him being as diminutive as he was, even a dog was a threat to him, nevermind a glassbeak or a large storm. "I will remain with you for the time being" he decided, nodding his head with a sense of finality.

"Lets head for shelter" he suggested, looking up at the storm that was quickly approaching. "I have a rather strong aversion to large bodies of water"
Argillaceous
Player

Character sheet

Postby Derailey on May 30th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Derailey lifted herself onto her horse, gripping her reigns firmly. She turned back to the two, "Well, that settles it." She looked down at the Pycon and his chicken. "Will you...be riding that little thing?" She really didn't know how safe he would be if he chose the bird. The Sea of Grass was not a place for the small to roam. "Or would you prefer to ride with me or Erzotol?"
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Argillaceous on May 30th, 2011, 5:11 pm

"I'll ride on Silver" he said, fondly patting his obviously not silver chicken. "I've been around him for a while, and he gets nervous around strangers"

Moving forward toward his mount, Argillaceous lept up onto his back and shook out the miniature reins. The chicken sidestepped and scratched the earth, the scent of dead and decayed hay filling the air. "Well, on to Endrykas and the comforts of civilization!"
Argillaceous
Player

Character sheet

Postby Erzotol Silverden on May 30th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Walking easily over to his strider, he easily swung himself over its back, and dangled his foot down briefly for his fox to climb up. Argil's progress would be slow on that chicken Erzotol knew, and he would try and guide him for as long as possible, but when the storm came on in full Argil would have to abandon the beast or be left behind to suffer the consequences for Erzotol would under no circumstance risk the life of his beloved strider or his own for the sake of a pycon, especially one that previously claimed a desire to be a spy. Maybe when the decision finally came, he would simply give up the chicken, and he could carry it and the pycon to safety. If the animal by happened to die on the way then they would simply have something tasty to eat tonight. His stomach rumbled at the thought of eating roasted chicken.

He was slightly tempted to just kill the chicken and take it from the pycon for a meal or two, but he felt that that was a bit wrong, and it would mean stealing from him anyways. With a few soft words he spurred Airaiet onwards into a trot, and then slowly faster as he took the lead to find shelter for them.
Erzotol Silverden
of the Diamond Clan

Words: 148027
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 8:39 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Derailey on May 31st, 2011, 10:32 pm

Derailey settled a calm look onto her expression, setting Chel into a trot equal to the Strider of Erzotols. Solo kept a happy tail wagging pace next to them, but thinking on it now, she knew that chicken of Argils would not last long enough to make it through the storm. Luckily, she was not unprepared for oncoming storms. "There is a cave maybe four or five miles ahead. It is a good place to take cover from the worst of the storm." How did she know this? It was one of her stop points whenever she patrols.

She skillfully balanced herself on the saddle, and straightened her body until she was standing. She eyed their surroundings. "No sign of any 'large' predators. Her eyes came back to the storm, and an antipating smile formed on her lips, "This storm's gonna be big." She fell back into a sitting position on Chel, "Really big." She turned to look at Erzotol, "We might not make it," and though her words were honest, she couldn't help the smirk that rose on her lips. Nothing like a life or death situation to get the blood pumping.
Derailey

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous