Who is that? (Dimitri, Flick)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 24th, 2011, 5:24 am

Season of Spring, Day 84, 511 AV

Inside one of the training rooms of Dyres district Jaelyn was going through some standard sword exercises. She had been spending a lot of time lately focusing on her spear, but she couldn't afford to neglect her sword work. Her Father and Raynard had taught her well, but she knew she needed much more practice before she could even come close to either of them in skill.

She wore no armor today, wanting to focus on speed and agility without her armor, and she was sweating a bit after the work she had gone through already. Just one more set should do it.

With a slow breath she brought her sword up in a ready stance, and then started to step forward through several forms. Each movement had her practice sword whistling through the air as she gave soft grunts of exertion. Years of practice gave her a bit of grace as she slashed, blocked, parried, and thrust her sword against invisible enemies.

Letting out a slow breath as she finished Jaelyn gave a small nod to herself. Letting the wooden sword dangle from her hand she turned and made her way out of the training room, and, after moving through a few corridors, she arrived at the open courtyard that lead to the main gate.

It was nice to feel the fresh air on her face as she cooled down from her previous exertions. Giving a soft sigh she took a moment to look up at the lightly cloudy sky, and then turned her gaze back downwards. There were plenty of people out and about on a pleasant day like this, and surprisingly Jaelyn noticed the familiar face of Dimitri among the crowd.

Smiling at seeing a familiar face she moved to great him, but paused for a moment as she noticed a woman with Dimitri. A bit curious she continued forward, and once she was close enough to not need to yell she lifted her empty hand in greeting and called out, "Good day Dimitri, how are you?"
Jaelyn Baroth
Alt of Alenias, Devoted Squire

Words: 144214
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 5:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dimitri on April 25th, 2011, 10:10 am

Dimitri dove away as a sword whistled through the air he previously occupied. He tucked his shield close, his sword out from his body as he rolled and turned in a crouch. He was able to get his shield up just I time to prevent a downward chop from slicing his torso sternum to navel. As the sword jarred his shield arm, he did a low slash at the knees as he made to stand. His sword met the edge of his opponent's shield. He rose up fully as the opposing sword stabbed at his gut. Dimitri parried it away and punched forward with his shield. The man caught it with his own, but Dimitri planned for that. He stepped into the gap left by the man's parried blade and shoved him hard with his shoulder to upset his balance. The man returned the favor however by forcing him back with his shield. The man however didn't strike back though. He merely laughed and lauded Dimitri, "Bout time you started doing new moves boy. Next time though explode into the shoulder. We can break for lunch now, return in two bells."

Dimitri left the training yard, shield strapped to his back, sword at his hip. He was drenched in sweat and grime, his white shirt sticking to his chest. He was walking through the streets when he saw a familiar blonde set of hair. He knew he couldn't sneak up on his bondmate but he liked to try. He walked lightly, stilling his breathing, keeping his sword from tapping against his leg. He quickly closed the gap and snuck his hands into hers from behind, planting a single light kiss at the base of her neck. He slipped around in front of her, "Hey there love, I've been think of you all day. What're you up t-" He heard the familiar voice of Jaelyn call out to him. He looked over as she approached. "Good day to you as well Jaelyn," he the gestured to Flick, "Jaelyn, this is Flick, my..." he didnt know what to call her. They weren't married, more than friends. Girlfriend? Something about that seemed disrespectful. Bondmate? Probably should remain private. "My love, Flick this is Jaelyn, a fellow squire."
Dimitri
Squire

Words: 181534
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2011, 4:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Flick on April 25th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Dimitri was coming. She could hear him, feet slightly scuffing the ground and breathing quietened. When Flick had first met the boy only days ago, she would never have been able to hear him in the crowd. One individual stranger amongst many. But now she knew him, recognised the different nuances in his walk and his sounds. And not only that, she could smell him. There was always a particular scent of worked leather and metal that lightly followed the squire, along with his own scent. It was never unpleasant, but it was recognisable to the kelvic. Today in particular, he smelt like he'd been working hard. The blonde had spent her time familiarising herself with the city streets, a habit she could never drop from her life in Riverfall. Playing along and unwilling to ruin the boy's careful sneaking, Flick ignored his approach.

Smiling broadly as warm hands took hers and a single soft kiss alighted the back of her neck, the young fox turned her head to beam at him as he came around to face her. Wearing the light white dress she'd met him in, knee length with thin straps and a muslin like fabric, Flick opened her mouth to answer him when suddenly a voice called out his name. A womans voice. Turning more to see the woman, Flick found a dark haired young lady, not a woman. She was taller than she, then again most people were, and she had fairer skin. Her frame was that of someone who had spent time training, but not enough to make her bulky or manly, and her eyes were a pretty shade of grey. The brunette smelt faintly of the same leather and metal as Dimitri, but she also smelt slightly of a light floral soap.

She was, in a nutshell, quite beautiful. Flick smiled at her, although a strange feeling welled inside. Self consciously, the kelvic tucked her hair behind her ear, before putting on her mask. Her smile broadened and she nodded to the squire.

"Jaelyn, nice to meet you. I think your the first squire I've met, after Dimitri of course." The blonde glanced at him with her rich chocolate eyes warmly, before looking back at the pretty girl.

Flick
Streetfox

Words: 59171
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 6:33 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 26th, 2011, 12:16 am

Jaelyn blinked in surprise, a faint frown touching her lips, at Dimitri's introduction of the blond girl. His love? She supposed there might be some other meaning behind the title, but the only one that came to Jaelyn's mind was that of lovers. That idea certainly did not sit well with her. Not that she was jealous, she had no reason to be jealous, but a Squire should be dedicating themselves to their training so they would be prepared to become a Knight.

Still, it would be rude to take out any disappointment on Flick. The girl was not the one who had sworn to serve the Syliran Knights. With some effort she put on a faint smile as she offered her empty hand to Flick, "A pleasure to meet you Flick. I... Was not aware that Dimitri was involved with someone."

Being pleasant took some effort on her part, and so Jaelyn's grip upon her training sword slowly grew tighter and tighter. How could Dimitri, a Squire like she, take his duty so lightly? Had he even put any thought into his actions, or was he just acting out of pure lust? Each thought tightened Jaelyn's grip on the wooden sword, until her knuckles started to faintly turn white.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dimitri on April 28th, 2011, 5:51 am

Dimitri could tell something in his squire sister's face was out of place. She was clearly not pleased about something. He shrugged it off lightly though. "What training are you up to today? Ser Adamal is helping me with leading with my sword. We are on lunch right now. And as for Flick, it's a new uh... Relationship." He was still a bit perplexed as to the foreignness in her face. He couldn't say she was a bubbly personality, but was normally in a good mood more often than not. At least normally she had an authentic smile, not the vinegar filled smile she had now.

He looked down and saw her knuckles turning white as her hand gripped her blade. She was mad. Not just made, but furious. What had he done? It couldn't be jealousy, he'd never led her on or anything. She was like a sister to him. He was instinctively protective of Flick now. He unconciously shifted so his shoulder was between Flick and Jaelyn. He had his own strong feelings boiling to the surface. Through gritted teeth, "Flick, would you mind finding some lunch? Jaelyn and I have a matter to attend to." He hoped she would leave so he could settle whatever this was without involving her, without hurting her in some way. He made it clear he was staring at Jaelyn's whitened knuckles. His body language changed as he began to get mad himself. What right did she have to be mad at him?!?
Dimitri
Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Flick on April 29th, 2011, 7:34 am

Flick took the offered hand and shook it slightly, still smiling at the woman. But her sensitive ears didn't miss the shift in Jaelyn's breathing or the slight creak of the wooden hilt in her fist. The kelvic dropped the brunettes hand politly as Dimitri moved between them slightly. Even in the blonde squire, Flick could see the physical tension in his stance. The girls smile slipped slightly as the strange feeling in her stomach twisted again. She was causing this moment, or rather her presence. Her existance. So, did that mean that Jaelyn was something to Dimitri? Was she jealous? The blonde didn't know what to do, awkwardly looking between the squires.

As Dimitri spoke, all thoughts dissapeared from her mind, an order. Direct and unmistakable. Even if she had wanted to say no, even if she had wanted to stay, the girl had no choice in the matter, her mind and body taken over by an inbred force. Immediatly, she dropped her gaze and bowed her head slightly.

"Of course," The kelvic said instantly, backing away and turning into the crowd to find some lunch. It was unstoppable, instinctual. As she pushed through the people, Flick slowed and shook her head as though clearing her ears. Frowning, she scanned the market, looking for a lunch meal. The young woman wouldn't return until she found some or Dimitri beckoned her.

Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on April 29th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Jaelyn's smiled completely vanished, replaced by a clearly displeased frown, at Flick's reaction to Dimitri's request. That was NOT a normal reaction. Was she some kind of slave!? Her thoughts were getting even darker regarding this relationship.

Returning her gaze to Dimitri she found him staring at her hand, and she could tell he was mad. This was not going over well, and so she took a slow breath, trying to relax her grip and sooth her mind. Maybe there was an explanation to all of this. She owed him the chance to at least explain himself. Another slow, deep, breath in and she spoke, "Dimitri, would you please explain to me what is going on? I thought you were a honorable and devoted Squire, someone I could respect, but now I find you out here with a girl who acts like some kind of servant. I am sorry if my reaction upset you, but surely you can see how this would look unpleasant."

She hoped that Dimitri had some reasonable explanation for all of this. She had no idea how that would work, but she hoped he did.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dimitri on May 1st, 2011, 6:25 am

Dimitri felt horrible for having to send Flick away, and he hadn't realized it was a bond order until she had left. He wanted to explain, to apologize, but had to deal with the problem at hand. His bitterness at Jealyn grew, even though deep down he knew he didn't have to send her away. He didn't want her caught up in this mess, to not see repercussions of their budding relationship. He was protecting her, defending her right? So why did he feel so bad? His anger vanished from his face as he looked at her leaving. He looked worried staring off after her.

He turned back to see a very disapproving look on Jaelyn's face. "You know nothing," then with a bit more poison he added, "Sister. Let's walk." He let himself fume some as he walked, he wanted to cool down, wanted to not be upset. But it had felt like an attack on his honor. As if he would keep a servant. He slowly let himself breath in and out for some chimes before continuing. "She isn't what she appears. She's no servant, no slave, not just a lover. She's my bondmate, according to how she explained it to me. And she is a Kelvic. And a woman. We fell in love the first night we met. It's been brief, our time together. It's impossible to explain other than the two of us are together and happy."

He walked a bit further, unconsciously going in the same direction Flick had departed for. "I sometimes forget that our bond is more than love. I didn't mean to send her scurrying off like a scullery maid. I merely wanted her away from this, to protect her from this. And as for my devotion, sister, I'm now working twice as hard toward joining the Order so I can provide for her, for the order, and for Syliras. We have to steal moments, instances just to see each other." He stopped walking, "Frankly, if you can't be happy for me, then you aren't the sister squire I thought you were. You're just another stepping stone like the rest." He started off to find Flick and apologize to her, his heart torn for having treated them both so poorly.
Dimitri
Squire

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Flick on May 6th, 2011, 11:07 pm

Food. Food. Food. She had to find lunch. For them both. What for lunch? Did he want something light, something heavy? Meaty, brothy, salady? Flick's nose worked overtime as she walked through the people, looking at stalls and shop fronts. There were rolls, pies, roasts, soups, pastries.....so so many things. Eventaully, the fox stopped at one place. It was a small resturant, serving what looked to be a special of the day. Duck slow cooked in goose fat until it fell to pieces, served on a bed of pureed parsnip with a side of thick bread and rich gravy. That was what she would get. And two apple ciders.

Slipping into the small resturant, Flick ordered two plates, before reserving a table outside. She had done what she'd been told. A cold sensation ran up her spine, causing the slight girl to shudder.

"What.." She said softly, frowning at the tables around her. There had never been an order issued to her before, not one that she could remember. Part of the kelvic felt a little disorientated, as though she had done everything in a daze. But she remembered it all. Remembered the thoughts behind her actions. Only now, she didn't feel like it was the one thing in the world that mattered.

Stepping towards the crowd slightly, Flick stood on her toes, trying to see Dimitri. Her ears listened for his voice and her nose sniffed softly for his scent.

Flick
Streetfox

Character sheet

Postby Jaelyn Baroth on May 8th, 2011, 12:01 am

The bite in Dimitri's words stung Jaelyn's heart as she walked besides him. She had been honest and straightforward in her words, and had even apologized to him for her poor reaction. Yet he still held such anger towards her. This was not the behavior she had come to expect from Dimitri in the time they had known each other, and all signs pointed to his relationship with Flick being the source.

"I am your sister in arms Dimitri," Jaelyn was struggling to control her frustration as she spoke, grabbing at Dimitri's shoulder to keep him from walking away, "And that is why I am concerned for you. You cannot dedicate yourself fully to becoming a Knight and a young romance. One or both will suffer, and as your sister and friend I do not want to see you suffer that."

She hoped he would see reason, and her concern. Perhaps it was tinged a bit with jealousy, she had thought Dimitri might be interested in her, but the core of her concern was valid. If he did not see it... then maybe she would need to show him.
Jaelyn Baroth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next