[Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Liminal on August 3rd, 2010, 2:04 am

"Miss Kim," Sanderson said with a barely polite nod. "Anthropology and Linguistics are both available, certainly. Do you have any prior experience with either field? And do you have any specific areas of interest in either?"

He peered at her over his glasses, waiting for a response.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Adam Coal on October 14th, 2010, 10:18 am

38th Day of Fall 510 AV

It was a long day. Right after arriving on the docks, Adam went off to look for the university. When he arrived he asked directions to the registrar's office and the person he asked directed him there. And now here he was waiting in line in what seemed like forever.

Adam was usually a patient guy if it's for something he really wants, and he really wanted to get into the university, but standing in line really was not really one of his strong suits, plus his right leg seemed to be cramping up. Still despite his obvious discomforts and the cramp in his leg he really was excited to be here.

He had always wanted a chance to study in such a prestigious place. He wanted to learn more on behavioral sciences, and maybe dabble in some magic. It was a long shot but he also hoped there may be a person in the university who could help him in combat both unarmed and armed. He also hoped to find some other courses that might get his interests. He had high hopes for his life in the university and the one afterwards but, that would have to wait till he could get out of this infernally long line!

After what seemed like aeons he was near the front of the line "Finally" he thought, but then it seemed the few people in front of him decided to take as long as possible to process their forms, which gave him some more time to think about what he was going to have to do here. One, he would need to find a place to stay, he could take care of that later. Two he needed to enroll in the University, what do you think he was doing right now? And three Adam had some money but that was not going to last forever so he needed a job.
As he was contemplating how to go about these things the person in front of him finished and the registrar called out.

"Next!"

So after all that time it was Adam's turn and despite being annoyed at having to wait so long in line, he decided to be friendly and lay the charm on a bit thick.

"Hi, I'm Adam Coal" He said with his most winning smile, "I came here hoping to enroll in some courses. I'm interested in behavioral sciences and maybe a course in magic? Preferably Flux if that's possible. Oh and I might need a job so could you please tell me of any openings I could apply for?" Adam was just about finished when he realized he needed to ask one more thing "And is there a class on armed and unarmed combat?"
Adam Coal
Delinquent

Words: 3944
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2010, 1:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Liminal on October 22nd, 2010, 2:15 pm

Sanderson, the registrar, seemed to take little notice of Adam's smile, though his response was prompt.

"Greetings, Mr. Coal." The tone was neutral. "Are you a beginner in the behavioral sciences? Professor Maddox, Society Chair, is teaching a class on them should you care to enroll."

He scratched his cheek. "Prospective magic students are required to interview with the Chair of the Magic Department, Professor Stonemiller. He's generally in the library, should you wish to find him there."

"I'm afraid the university doesn't offer any combat classes. As for work -- what skills do you have? Or, barring that, what interests you?"
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Postby Adam Coal on October 27th, 2010, 10:46 am

"Thank you, I would like to enroll to professor Maddox class, please." Said Adam "And I'll talk to Professor Stonemiller about it as soon as possible."

Adam paused for a bit, thinking of what could he possibly say to get a job here," I'm into reading and sailing, and I'd be pretty much willing to do almost anything to earn a living while I'm here."
Adam Coal
Delinquent

Character sheet

Postby Liminal on November 5th, 2010, 10:17 am

Sanderson made a note in his book. "Room 306, Dennison building, starting in four days."

Then, he tilted his head slightly. "I'm in need of some workers here in the Registrar's office, actually, should you be interested in such a thing. Paperwork, mostly, and not terribly exciting, but it needs to be done."
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Postby Corum on November 12th, 2010, 12:20 am

Corum would wait in line as he always waited- silently and not so much as proper eye contact with anyone. Contemplateing the plans for the future, it seemed like Glyphing and Projection were the best things to learn first. Being undead gave him all the time in the world to learn... Corum sudenly noticed that he was at the desk.

The man behind the desk, human in nature, seemed to be very old. He had asked as to the buisness Corum had, and had not as of yet looked at him, it seemed. He asked as to why corum was here, and in responce, he said " I am looking to learn Everything... but for now, is there any open classes for Glyphing or Projection?" his voice would be a slight monotone, but with feeling under it... Corum did hope to be educated in both fairly quickly, perhaps both at once.
Knowlage Is Power, Guard It Well.
Corum
Student of Life, Even in Death...

Words: 23645
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Adam Coal on November 13th, 2010, 1:15 am

Adam was hoping for something a little bit more exciting but, it was still a job. "Alright, thank you I would like to take the job" Adam said "When do I start?"
Adam Coal
Delinquent

Character sheet

Postby Liminal on November 19th, 2010, 6:06 pm

Adam

"You can begin as soon as you're ready," Sanderson said. "Were you expecting to begin immediately, or did you have other affairs that require time to settle?"

He looked expectantly at the young man.

Corum

The Registrar's office in Zeltiva was probably one of the few places outside of Sahova where the sight of a Nuit barely warranted a second glance. All kinds came to the University to study, after all.

"Prospective magic students are required to interview with the Chair of the Magic Department, Professor Stonemiller. He's generally in the library, should you wish to find him there. As for openings, that depends on what the Professor thinks of you."
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Postby Corum on November 20th, 2010, 2:41 am

Pleased that the answer was short, and with little interaction, Corum gave a slight bow of his head. " Very well, sir. May the rest of your days be pleasant ones..."

Corum moved past the desk, slightly to the side as to get out of the way for other people. Silently and slowly, he would move towards the so called library. The one called Professor Stonemiller was who he must seek out.
Knowlage Is Power, Guard It Well.
Corum
Student of Life, Even in Death...

Words: 23645
Joined roleplay: November 4th, 2010, 2:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Phillip Brandon on November 27th, 2010, 1:17 am

Timestamp: 77th, Fall 510 AV

Phillip had never been in this part of the university before, generally being limited to within the confines of the library, where the ancient tomes spoke of the most obscure arts. He remembered when he’d first seen this building on one of his trips with his dad to the Old Quarter to find a rare book that had recently come on sale on the market and might be worth purchasing to go into the university library. Phillip fondly remembered those memories though there were too few in his opinion, time with his dad was precious but uncommon with him often working for the university in the library. At least when Phillip spent time helping his dad copy manuscripts and books out he got to spend some time with him although it was mainly talking about work and not about the wider things in life. His dad had always whole-heartedly backed Phillips idea to study at the university and for that Phillip was eternally grateful, after all, it was better to have a father who supported you even if he wasn’t always there than to have a father who tried to mould you into a younger version of himself.

Snapping out of his delusions Phillip walked up to the front desk, trying hard to hide his limp and look as smart as possible on such an important occasion. Think of the knowledge that could be unlocked with just a few words from the registrar at the desk or locked forever behind the forbidding doors of rejection. Hoping that his first impression was pleasing enough to warrant a place in the university, he quickly scanned the sign on the desk of the registrar to make sure he knew the man’s name. Phillip wished that having a father working in the university and having grown up there all his life would stand him in good stead.

“Hello, Mr. Sanderson, I’m Phillip Brandon. You might know my father John Brandon, he works in the university library and I sometimes help him copy out old books.” As he said this Phillip realized how dull he must sound so he quickly decided to change tact and get to the point. “I would like to enrol in the university if I may. I have read up a lot about world magic and would like to enrol in a course for it, preferably alchemy since I’ve been fascinated by it since I first read about it, though I’ve never had a lab to actually try it in. Along with magic I wouldn’t mind enrolling in mathematics as well and any other paramagic classes you could recommend. I spoke to Professor Stonemiller about securing a place here a few days ago and he graciously passed me on to you. I’m guessing I will need to report to him for the magical side of my studies but I’m not sure who to go to for the mathematics classes.” As Phillip finished speaking, he looked at the registrar, hoping he’d grant his request and set his foot firmly on the right path in seeking knowledge. With a silent prayer to Eyris, expectantly waiting a reply.
Phillip Brandon
Player

Words: 9190
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2010, 10:13 pm

PreviousNext