[Location] University of Zeltiva Registrar's Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Kaeson Dakano on May 1st, 2012, 10:55 pm

Kaeson shook his head, "No thanks to the dorm. I only just paid for a small cottage in the city."

As he turned to walk back to his house, Kaeson couldn't take the grin of his face even if he had wanted too. He couldn't believe that after all this time he was here, in Zeltiva, let alone that he was now an official student of the renowned University of Zeltiva.
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on May 9th, 2012, 10:24 pm

85th Spring, 512 AV

He felt small amid the people surging outside the registration office. So many with strange garb and stranger faces, like the sea of turmoil in Alvadas...but nothing like the hooded glares of Sunberth. Wrenmae cut an odd figure, bent over with the weight of his bulging pack as he struggled through the doors and down the hall. Night had begun to fall, but the lantern light by the front doors seemed to welcome him in. Erudite had directed him here...and he could find lodging and learning.

Now he stood at the threshold of understanding, perhaps a new direction in his life. Despite the exhaustion clinging to his features, Vayt had made him seem more healthy, brightly energetic. It was a lie, of course, but Wrenmae would count on any advantage to give a good first impression.

Shrugging off the pack before he made it to the desk, the waterlogged fabric cracked loudly against the floor and fell to one side. Wrenmae hissed under his breath, setting it up against a wall and holding out his hands in an apology.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't know it would fall so hard..." Pushing his hands together, he made a quick bow before pushing his elbows over the counter. His eyes were bright with hope and curiosity, he almost stammered over his words.

"Hello, M-my name is Wrenmae Sek. I...err. I was hoping to receive lessons in Alchemy, Glyphing, and Shielding...if that...err, if that's possible. If anything though, just the first."

His feet buzzed with energy and he continued swaying his weight on them, uncomfortable to be still. All he had, all his travels banked on this moment. He'd stepped from the boat confused, his life a blur of the past few seasons. When had he come to Zeltiva? Why? The questions demanded answers but he had no means to satisfy that curiosity. He was only aware of how dangerously his mind teetered, over the void, bit by bit, and now he couldn't remember what he'd been doing that brought him here.

What he had become.

"I...erm...I can also help out!" He said quickly, looking down at his mizas, "I know morphing fairly well and...erm," his voice dropped, "A little bit of Alchemy and Hypnotism." His eyes darted nervously, as if he expected something to rise out of him, to whisk him away into that shadow-dark cavern where no memory dared tread. He took a breath. Still him.

That was good.

"Can I...erm, help?"
Last edited by Wrenmae on May 28th, 2012, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Marcus Dymez on May 28th, 2012, 4:33 am

It was a lovely day outside as Marcus strolled into the registrar's office, and dusting off his sturdy cloak, he approached the desk before him. He sported his usual politely professional smile as he began to speak to the registrar about signing up for this semester's course load, eager to get back to his experiments and curiosities.

"Hello again Mr. Sanderson. Marcus Callus, here for another season of possible explosions and curious experiments. I'd like to register for my usual Reimancy and Auristics classes, as well as a supplement of Glyphing; Expanding horizons was always of interest to the young wizard. It's a shame Professor Lealen had to depart the University, but I have to say, I'm a bit curious as to who I'll be studying under this season." Marcus fumbled into his coin-purse as he counted out the registration fees in his hand, and, content with the amount, set it on the desk in front of him. "Oh, and if it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to keep my dorm from last season. It'd save me the moving, after all." He chuckled a bit, his hand coming up to scratch the back of his head. More importantly, he had charred a bit of the stonework with his late night 'studies', and had yet to clean it off, or rather, didn't care to clean it off. He was just hoping no one would conduct a random spot check, and he'd be on his way.

OOCI noticed there wasn't a Reimancy professor on the Zeltivan NPC Directory, and Marcus was supposedly a student for a couple semesters already, so I didn't want him to come off as an awkward freshman. ^^" Sorry in advance if I overstepped myself a bit. Cheers!
Last edited by Marcus Dymez on May 31st, 2012, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marcus Dymez
Imagination is oft confused with Insanity.

Words: 134886
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ignotus Everto on May 28th, 2012, 7:00 pm

87th Spring, 512AV

Ignotus's eyed the other hopeful students distrustfully as he shuffled along the corridor along with the dozens of others. He kept the hood of his mud caked cloak over him, even though he was well within the building now, and he kept his arms crossed in front of him. It wouldn't do at all for people to see the bags under his eyes, even if it meant he was considered queer. Queer is met with less hostility than a Nuit.

Still, this was a better place to perfect one's craft than Sahova, for the time being. His nostrils flared for a moment before his wrinkled his nose and shook his head to himself. All this travel had made him unused to the smell of so many people. "Fortunate, then, that I don't need to use my nose!" he thought to himself irritably.
After a few more minutes that felt more like hours, he was in front of the Registrar's desk. Short and sweet, and then somewhere to be alone. The Registrar couldn't be much more talkative than he was. Ignotus smiled genially at the man, and said with his teeth clamped shut, "I would like to study Reimancy and Auristics here. If possible, I would also like to rent a dorm room."
Last edited by Ignotus Everto on June 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jay Dasher on May 28th, 2012, 8:27 pm

87th Spring, 512 AV

Bast leaped through the window and ran up to the back of the line. There he turned to the line and waited. Why am I even here he thought. then he remembered. Animating and sculpting. he waited there.

He almost started licking his hand but then he remembered he was in public. He hoped they offered him a dorm. He had never stayed anywhere before but it should be fun, he thought. He had put his horse at the stable so if he didn't get offered he would just ride his horse. Eventually he got called to the desk. "Nice to meet you" he purred "I would to book classes in animating and voiding, oh and also could I please have a dorm" he said purring.
Last edited by Jay Dasher on June 1st, 2012, 3:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jay Dasher
Player

Words: 5853
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 7:36 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cael on May 29th, 2012, 9:08 am

43rd of Spring, 512

Cael strode up to the desk and spoke to the man in charge. "I'd like to register for a class in reimancy," he told the man. "I already know how to use fire and air, though I'm better with the former," he explained. "I'd also like to learn hypnotism," Cael elaborated. "I have no previous training in it" He took out forty gold mizas and held them out to the man. "I'd like to enroll for the summer."

"I also get a dorm, don't I?" he asked. "And access to the library?" The young wizard was eager and talking quickly. His Vani accent was very heavy in his excitement. He knew the man was probably very busy, but he couldn't help his enthusiasm. He'd traveled all the way from Avanthal for this, after all!
Last edited by Cael on June 1st, 2012, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cael
Beautiful Morwen, I am your servant

Words: 15209
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2012, 2:56 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanness Ezra on May 31st, 2012, 7:46 am

82nd of Spring, 512 AV

Leaning against the counter Ezra peered at the old, white haired man before him. He had left his dog and ever present companion, Zip, back at his cottage today, knowing that the Jivatalus would not be allowed inside of the academy and being without the loyal pup had left him feeling lonely, almost bare, like a warrior missing his favorite dagger.

"I am curious to know, do you teach the art of Animation here?" he inquired of the man, quirking an eyebrow and tapping his fingers against the counter.
Last edited by Vanness Ezra on June 8th, 2012, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanness Ezra
Player

Words: 8331
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 2nd, 2012, 1:21 pm

1st Day of Summer, 512 AV
Early morning

Tock was up way early to register for Summer classes. She should have gotten this out of the way at the end of last semester, but she'd been too busy to focus on anything. And then she had found out at the last minute that the Alchemy class she wanted to take was holding a session today, in, like, an hour. So she'd hurried down and complained and negotiated and whined her way to near the front of the line.

When she got up to the old man at the front, he might notice something. The last time she'd been here, she'd somewhat forced the man into helping her fit an axle into a small hammer. Now, that hammer was rolling around on wheels behind her, Animated with the personality of a puppy. When she stepped up to the desk the hammer rolled around to peer up at the man with little glass eyes mounted on the axle.

"Naily, leave 'em alone!" Tock told her baby, having completely forgotten that Naily had a previous encounter with this man before he was 'born'. Maybe during the Animation process, some spark of Tock's memory of that day had imbued into the Automaton an imprinted something. Because the little hammer seemed to like the man, and eagerly rolled over to tug on his pant leg with the little claw on the back of the hammerhead. "Naily, bad! Come!" Tock commanded. His wheels squeaking in what sounded like a sad whimper, the hammer rolled back over to her obediently.

Tock grinned at the man behind the desk and dropped her money on the table. "Alchemy," she said, "an' auristics an' glyphin'. Thanks!"

OOC55 GM deducted for Summer tuition.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Theodore Drake on June 7th, 2012, 9:27 pm

The young man had rehearsed what he was going to say for the better part of the long walk from where the transport vessel was moored. Goodness was he nervous. He wiped his hands on his dark brown trousers; the clumsy things shaking as he go into line with the other prospecting students. As the line moved forward the encroaching dread of what he wanted to do sank deep into his bones and one of the headaches he often had was coming on. He repeated what he wanted in his mind as if it were a mantra. Hello, I would like to register for Shielding and Reimancy as well as Glyphing and Animation. His hand strayed to his pouch full of mizas in his pocket, frowning a bit as he mentally waved away the memory of his father giving him the hefty sum.

At last Theodore was called forward and he stood in front of the official. As he stood there for a moment, his face turned scarlet with embarrassment and he began to speak, his voice cracking before turning to normal, "H-h-hello sir, My name is Theodore Drake. I would Like to register for..." His mind blanked and he panicked a bit before he finally blurted it out, "Shielding and Reimancy! Whoops." He covered his mouth and tried to compose himself from the outburst. "I mean, as well as Glyphing and Animating." He frowned and finally tore his gaze from the table to look up at the man's face.

Already he was dipping his hands into his pocket to withdraw an amount of money. He held in his hand a fistful of gold rimmed Mizas, ready to count out whatever was needed. Theodore only knew of the class list and magical disciplines that were involved. So after this business was concluded, he would need to procure a lodging for himself.
Drake - /drāk/
Noun:A male duck.
Theodore Drake
Player

Words: 4545
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 1:11 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on June 9th, 2012, 1:59 am

OOC

------

THIS THREAD IS NOW TEMPORARILY LOCKED.

Please be patient with the Zeltiva Storyteller Team as we rehaul the University system - all pending applications will be transferred over to the new system when it becomes available.

Paragon

-----

OOC
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous