[The Pavilion] The Runaway [Kamari]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Rak'kena on June 18th, 2011, 4:55 pm

oocIt's all good. No worries

Rak'kena had to admit to himself, he enjoyed her eagerness to repay him, though he doubted she would accept some of the ways that came to his mind. Still, he was wearing a mask, a visage of kindness to earn trust, politeness to assume being honorable. "Your kindness is enough. I do not have many guests, my house is small, shameful. Just talking to me makes me feel better." Rak'kena smiled a small weak smile, something he had seen often in the actors of those horrible plays. Acting, never before had he thought of himself as an actor, yet he always knew he deceived other just as actors did. Could he, perhaps, be made for the stage? That was a sickening thought.

"They must be brave to come here. Eypharians are not kind towards Benshira. Liars, cheaters, stealers..." Rak'kena looked up from the floor, gazing into Kamari's eyes. "Slavers. You already see the worst of us. I am ashamed they are like this. Many people think we are all like this." Rak'kena smiled again as he shrugged. "Friends only a little known is better than no friends not known." Rak'kena obviously stumbled over his words, the Common Tongue was difficult to grasps for certain. "I can keep safe until darkness, then we can find your friends tonight." Friends, Rak'kena liked that she gave away how unfamiliar of them she really was. If he could make her think he was a better friend than they were, would she be more inclined to remain with him? That was the plan.

Rak'kena's eyes opened wide as she asked about him. Normally he would strike a woman for such a thing, but the circumstances were so different now. And now that he thought about it, it might help his case. He sighed after a moment's hesitation, dramatic effect. "I am the bastard child of a Nobleman." A great start Rak'kena assumed. If Kamari knew anything about the Eypharian culture, she would know that being a bastard outcast of a noble house was shame, severe shame. Rak'kena was shamed though, he didn't have to act this part out. He hated his father, felt a grudge against his half sister Tuwa, wanted to kill his step mother, they were all to blame for his exile from the House. He was alone, only a Gilded because of his looks, his hard work, and cunning. "Father sent me away from the noble house with my Mother, and she died a few years ago. I've been stuck here ever since. Not a great story, I know, but it has humbled me. Made me understand what Eypharians were like, what I didn't want to become. I just want a happy, peaceful life, family, a city not of greed and strife, but... uh... goodness." That last part was bogus, but he felt that it helped his mask of innocence well enough for now.
Rak'kena
"Pressor belongs to me."

Words: 35583
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2011, 5:13 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Colombina on September 28th, 2011, 4:08 am

The XP Wand Is Waved!

Again with the enslaving of ladies. Just ask one to dinner.

Rak'kena's Loot

2 XP Persuasion
3 XP Subterfuge
1 XP Intimidation

Lore of Pavilion Market Layout
Lore of Racism in Ahnatep

Colombina is pleased.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous