[Rearing Stallion] Dancing with Strangers (Nadra)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 15th, 2011, 4:53 am

13th of Spring, 510 AV

Kendall was in Syliras now. He had to stop thinking back to Zeltiva. If he dwelled on it he would go crazy. In the times when he was trying to scare the thoughts of his past away he visited the Rearing Stallion. It was always full of people and interesting talk. Usually it got his mind off of his problems. He was not sure if this time it would though. The yearning to go home was getting stronger lately.

He was not ready to dive into the ale just yet. He needed to try to deal with his problems sober for once. He sat quietly at a table staring across from him. As he stared he sang quietly to the sound of the musicians across the way of the tavern. This practice helped on occasion but it had a habit of backfiring. At times he would think back to his mother or the way that he used to sing. For now the melodic words were soft and numb. There was meaning in the song but he felt void of emotion for the time being. Sometimes that was better. No feeling at all but feeling like the world was falling down on you.

Singing alone would not help. He had to find something else to occupy his time. He pulled out a notebook and began to draw. He was not sure what he was drawing, only that he wanted to create something. He looked down at the drawing and could barely make out the shape of the horse he had attempted to draw. His skills did not do Dyakana justice. The legs were uneven and her hair seemed to stick out everywhere. Maybe drawing wasn't the best idea. Perhaps writing would be better. He flipped the page and looked down at the blank sheet as he started to write down his thoughts. If drawing and singing were not going to help getting the emotions onto paper might help right?
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Nadra Leigh on May 15th, 2011, 3:41 pm

When she entered The Rearing Stallion tavern, her hair covered her face as she was looking at the floor. Nadra hoped that no one would notice her presence in this place. She glanced around the tavern, looking for some place to sit. Fortunately, this place wasn't very busy today, as she found many free tables. Nadra decides to sit at a random table, close to a blonde guy she had never met before. Well, that's not a surprise that she doesn't know him, she doesn't know very many people.

As she approaches the table, she looks in the direction of the guy, mostly at the notebook in his hands. A horse? she thinks to herself. Nadra sits down at the table, her eyes still on the drawing of the horse. She's so ceoncentrated on the drawing, that she jumps a bit out of her seat, when he flips the page. When a waitor approaches her table, she asks for whatever they were serving today, and her eyes return to the notebook. Would she talk to him? Nadra never usually does this, but today she felt like it. Some interaction, with other people than her siblings, would be good for a change. But what would she say when she has actually started this conversation?

"Uh...Hi" What else should she say? "I'm...uh...Nadra"
Nadra Leigh
Um...Hi?...I Guess...

Words: 4690
Joined roleplay: April 10th, 2011, 6:37 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 26th, 2011, 1:02 am

As Kendall sat he had the strange feeling that someone was watching him. He normally felt like that though. He had a very nervous personality. More so, he had developed it since his accident. He pushed the thoughts out of his mind and looked back at his picture of Dykana. He tried shading it. He wanted to try and add dimention to her mane and body. Instead, the picture took on a series of large spots. In a way, it sort of worked. Dyakana was a Colorsplash which were known for their spots. Dyakana had brown spots, not black spots. "Petch..." He murmured quietly under his breath as he ran his fingers through his blond hair. He was glaring at the picture, trying to see his loyal steed in it. He was sure if she could see it she would laugh. Of course, she was a horse. Why would she?

Kendall jumped a bit when the woman approached him. He had not expected that someone would actually come up to him. "Petch!" He looked her over as he tried to calm himself. She did not seem like much of a threat. "Hey... I'm Ken." While most men would hold a hand out to shake with the girl he kept his at his side. He did not like to touch people unless it was absolutely nessisary or if he trusted them completely. The mark on his wrist caused his body to be much hotter than a normal human's and he tended to try and keep attention away from it. "Nice to meet you Nadra. Would you liked to sit?" He would have prefered to sit alone but the girl had gone out on a limb to talk to him so he could not turn her away. "I saw you were looking at my drawing. Sadly, I'm not that good." He looked her over curiously. "Do you like art?"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Templar on August 24th, 2011, 12:51 am

Kendall: Singing: 2 – Drawing: 3
Lore:

Nadra Leigh: Observation: 1
Lore:

Additional notes: Graded what I saw fitting, if we don’t see eye to eye, feel free to pm me!
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office