[Stone Gardens] Getting Fresh Air (Troy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 20th, 2011, 9:30 pm

56th of Spring, 511 AV

Kendall sat alone in the Stone Gardens. His mismatched eyes were closed as he tried to clear his mind. Meditation was not needed to call forth his fire but the practice of meditation helped to settle his racing thoughts. He was able to be calm on occasion. Usually when he was around Cathan or Hadrian he was able to relax. They both knew him well enough to shrug off his strangeness. While he tried to clear his mind he started to sing quietly. It was a bit strange to see a man singing all alone with his eyes closed but Kendall did not expect too many people to take notice of him.

When he was feeling more calm his eyes turned down to his palms as he let a ball of Res float above them. He felt safe when he used his reimancy. He felt closer to Ivak when he felt his fire in his hands. He smiled as the ball of Res erupted into flames. To most people the eruption might have felt a little hot but it did not effect him much. He liked the feeling of the heat anyway. There were so many wonderful memories that went along with the feeling of heat. He smiled sweetly as he thought of one in particular. He liked to think back to the day he went to the Soothing Waters. In a way, it was a new beginning for him. He had gotten closer to the man he was starting to fall for and in turn, he had learned to let himself share a bit about himself even if he was scared. He wanted to be with him but for now he would sit with his fire. He had forgotten about how relaxing time alone could be.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Troy on May 21st, 2011, 2:57 pm

Troy would walk along the path humming quietly as he looks around wide eye'd. He had been in Syliras for a couple day's now and was used to the looks people would give him when he wore his nice outfit. Which he was wearing now, the blue silk clinging to him showing off his feminine figure while giving an air of mystery about him as he walks. His steps halting as he fights with himself over whether or not he should find someone to serve. He had never been able to make his own choices before, and being in a city full of them was very confusing. For now he'd simply see the sights and enjoy being free then figure out what to do about living later.

Hearing someone else's humming as he enters the Stone Gardens he would stop walking and look around. He would smile as he see's Kendall sitting with his eye's closed, wondering what he was doing. Troy had heard of people meditating before, but it had always seemed pointless when you were a slave so he never really thought about it. However now as he see's the man sitting their relaxed he would smile and walk over to kendall as quietly as he can, taking a circumvent route so that if Kendall opens his eye's he wouldnt see Troy immediatly.

'Whats that?' Troy would think to himself as he see's the ball of res float above Kendalls palm. Just as he was about to open his mouth to ask that, the ball would combust and Troy would jump slightly, having been staring at the ball mezmorized by the specticale.

"Woah! uh, sorry for interupting but how'd you do that?" He would gulp as he lifts his eye's from the ball of flame as he moves around Kendall before standing in front of him, looking into Kendall's mismatched eye's he would smile nervously. "oh umm, wait. manners, right. I'm uh Troy." He would slowly extend his perfactly manacured hand out to Kendall.
Troy
You only have one chance make sure to take it

Words: 9198
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 21st, 2011, 5:13 pm

A nervous jolt shot through Kendall as he saw someone had approached him. He quickly averted his eyes as the boy spoke to him. It was a little juvenile due to the fact that the boy appeared to be a bit younger than him. He was still trying to figure out how men reacted to one another. He still did not feel like he had it right yet.

His mismatched eyes looked up at the boy and he forced out a smile. "It is Res. You know, the energy that is used in Reimancy?" He found it hard to believe that someone would not know what Res was. Although, that could have been thanks to the fact he had been spending extended periods of time with another reimancer. At times he had to remind himself that there was a time when he did not know what any forms of magic were. His father had tried to keep him far away from the world of magic. He had found it on his own, and from a bit of help from Hadrian.

Kendall smiled a bit at the boy's gulp at his show of fire. It was a little rude to find a bit of humor in it but he found it none the less. "It is not a problem." He looked down at the fire floating above his hand and wiggled his fingers to feel its warmth. "You do not know a lot about magic, do you?" He spoke as if he did. He barely knew about magic either. All he knew he either stumbled upon or was taught by Hadrian.

He smiled kindly at the boy as he extinguished his fire. "I'm Ken. Nice to meet you Troy." He shook the boy's hand, not because he wanted to, but because it was good manners. He was not too keen on touching people he did not trust. Not after what happened with Ageru. The less Raunri he met, the better. More so, he worried people would be surprised at the heat of his skin. His body burned a lot hotter than most peoples did thanks to his blessing from Ivak. Manners were manners though. They obviously mattered to Troy. He had brought them up of course! "What brings you to the gardens? Peace and quiet?" He had met a lot of interesting people in the gardens. He looked quizzically at Troy. Would he add to the mental collection?
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Troy on May 23rd, 2011, 7:05 pm

Huh, this guy acted so snobish. Like he was better then everyone else. Why? just cause I dont know what Res is, or even Reimancy doesnt mean he can talk to me that way. But, i dont know why i'm suprised. Everyone had been treating me like this recently. Whenever i opened my mouth to ask something, it seemed like it was common knowlege to everyone but me. So maybe it should be, was this something that my master simply chose to withhold from me because it wasn't necessary?

"Uh no, i dont know what Reimancy is. And uh, all i know about magic is that it's dangerous." Blinking in suprise as Kendall shakes his hand he would look at him and bite his lip before dropping his hands to his side. Why was his hands so warm? usually peoples hands were only warm when they were exited about something. But what could have excited this man who had talked down to him so? Maybe it was that Reimancy stuff Kendall had talked about. "Um Ken, why is your hand so warm? is it cause of that fire you made?"

He wasn't sure if he wanted to tell anything about himself to this fellow. He had been so rude to begin with and probably wouldn't be any better when he found out who and what Troy was. However it might have been that first impressions. What if Ken would end up being his best friend? he didnt have many friends yet. And only a couple of the people he had talked to had even taken enough time out of their day to give him directions. "I uh came sight-see'ing. I havent been here long and thought it might be a good idea to know where things are."
Troy
You only have one chance make sure to take it

Words: 9198
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 26th, 2011, 3:30 pm

Kendall was not trying to be snobbish in the slightest. In fact he was trying put a little humor into his conversation with Troy. It had been a while since he felt comfortable making jokes casualy. He simply smiled at the boy again and nodded "I was the same way for a long time. I knew of some kinds of magic but my dad refused to let my siblings and me learn about magic because it is as you say, dangerous." His bloodshot eyes looked at the boy. He had been overexherting himself lately and he was starting to feel the effects of overgiving. "It can kill you, make you sick, even drive you crazy." At times he wondered if the magic was starting to drive him to insanity. He had been doing a lot of things lately that were very out of character for him. Possibly he was just changing though. Evolving as a person as he grew up and met new people. "Reimancy is the use of Res to weild the elements." He held his palm out to Troy as he let a bit of the Res out. The strange substance seemed to dance above his hand. "This is Res before it is changed into an element. The elements that can be used are fire, water, earth, and air. Certain elements can be used together to make para-elements though." Kendall chuckeled at his little speech. He obviously had been spending too much time with Hadrian. The tall Mage was known for going off on explinations of magic and the like in casual conversation. He was clearly rubbing off on Kendall. He liked the thought of that. 

The Res over Kendall's hand ignited in flames and he felt a metalic taste play on his tounge. It was more overgiving. He really needed to stop being so reckless. "This is what it looks like when Res is turned into an element." He looked at his flame almost lovingly. In truth there was not much that he loved more. 

A cold chill ran through Kendall when the boy asked about the heat that radiated from his hands. Luckily Troy offered an explaination. Yeah, he could go with that. "Thats right. The fire tends to radiate pretty well." He was not sure how much he could trust the boy. There was something that seemed off about him. Who asked people why they had hot hands? 

Sight seeing? Was he not from Syliras? "Are you new to the city? I'm somewhat new too. I'm from Zeltiva." He could understand needing to get out. He was seeing the world outside of Zeltiva for the first time in his twenty-one years of life. "See anything interesting?"
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Templar on August 24th, 2011, 12:56 am

Kendall: Meditation: 1 – Singing: 1 – Reimancy: 2 – Acting: 1
Lore:

Troy: Observation: 3 – Rhetorics: 2
Lore: Dangers of magic – Magic (basic) -

Additional notes: A shame the thread didn’t continue!
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Office