[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((Done))

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((open))

Postby Tarelde on July 12th, 2011, 1:30 am

The Copper skinned woman approached Tarelde once she had sat back down, pleading "I do not know this boy..but you know about his markings well...you should help him." Tarelde was touched by this concern and replied "I do yes, but I can only help him through advice, and he refuses my advice. Only a god can revoke or grant a mark, so since he does not listen, I cannot help him. However, I should leave and as such I bid you farewell."

After listening to the boy talk about leaving and honor and some such thing one sentence caught her attention when the boy was farther away,
"By the way the god Avalis sounds sucky. If she has followers like you she must reside in the ghettos" At this she stood up and on her way out to the streets walked by the boy, saying "Then you cannot be helped, if you ever come across me again, I shall kill you, this is your only gift of mercy that will ever come from me." and with that she walked out of the tavern, and onto the streets of Sunberth.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 2:09 am

“Anger management issues women?” was his only retort as she walked away. She was such a wimp, she couldn’t even handle a game of wordplay. Then when she knew Darik was right she left like a drama queen stomping out of the pits vowing revenge. Not to dwell on the stupider race he decided to continue his time at the pits. Somehow he had managed to be backtracked by conversation and forgot the main purpose of his talk with the barkeeper, information on the combatants. With a sigh he decided not to bet, that would just be a waste of his hard earned money. He didn’t have any income but thievery, but in a place of thieves it didn’t help. Maybe it was time to think about a job? Darik analyzed this line of thought as he watched two contestants bash each other brains out. The fighting soothed his mind and helped him sort his thoughts clearly.
Darik
Troublemaker

Words: 231903
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2011, 5:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tulapa on July 12th, 2011, 5:49 am

Tulapa looked at the woman then to the boy, who seemed to horribly misunderstand each other. She listened as the woman threatened to kill the boy after insulting her if he ever crossed her path, it took Tulapa back a bit, she didn't think this woman could be capable of killing a person...she seemed so sweet. She was confused as the woman stormed out of the tavern...why was the boy so intent on being rude to everyone. Didn't his mother teach him any manners?

She walked over to the boy and smiled clinging to his arm "Why don't you try smiling young one? Maybe all this violence in this area is affecting you?" She said tilting her head to the side. She would have gone after the woman...she seemed more pleasant than this boy, but the boy seemed like he needed more help.

"I could buy you a drink...if you would like, I haven't had a drink in six days I am feeling a bit parched" she mentioned still with a smile on her face. Maybe all this boy needed was a friend, someone to understand him. Well that was Tulapa's thoughts at least, a naiive girl who thinks all the evil in the world needs is a little kindness. She looked towards the exit again where the woman had recently left and back at the boy still clinging to him "Why wouldn't you let her help?...No one wants a curse" She said quietly to him.
Tulapa
Player

Words: 6042
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2011, 8:34 pm
Race: Chaktawe

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Darik thought he was done with idiots till he felt a grasp around his arm. He turned around to see the naïve girl clinging to him. This woman was quite obnoxious and he wanted her to go away. She seemed to think Darik’s soul could be saved, she was so wrong.

You’re not from around here are you? Violence is what this city and I thrive on. Without violence I would be nothing. Also the only thing to smile about is money. And because I don’t have lots of that, I don’t smile. Now if you really wanted me to smile, you would give me some.” He didn’t believe the women would give him money. People never give money for free, that’s why begging never works.

She said she would buy him a drink. Interesting. She must have money somewhere. He had tried to mug the wrong person. For some reason naïve people always have more money than smart people. “Sure, go get something. I will wait at the table.”He walked over the table and started to observe the women. When she got out her money to pay the barkeeper he would know were her livelihood lay. Then it was all a matter of time before he made away with it.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tulapa on July 12th, 2011, 8:56 pm

She tilted her head when he spoke of the city and it's violence. Strange that a city would strive on violence, her people were a peaceful kind...and they were quite happy. This city strived on violence, and not a soul seemed anywhere near happiness. "Also the only thing to smile about is money. And because I don’t have lots of that, I don’t smile. Now if you really wanted me to smile, you would give me some.” said the boy. She didn't really understand how money could bring happiness to somebody. The only money she ever carried was the bits her parents had given her on her journeys in case of emergency. Money was not something of greater value to Tulapa, nor was any material thing really.

The boy went and sat at the table after mentioning she could buy him a drink. She wasn't sure what to get him, but she heard what the woman had bought before...and also drunk in mere minutes. So, she copied the Konti woman, and ordered the same thing. She took her spear she had thrown across her back, and took out the money pouch that was attached to it and handed the barkeep the money. She walked quite slowly back to the boy, making sure she didn't trip..wouldn't want to waste a precious drink. She sat down across with him still a smile across her face, she really didn't know how to be anything but pleasant. She put the drinks in the middle of the table more towards the boy while she spoke "You should journey with me, maybe the beauty of the world can enlighten you. I can pay for food when needed, although I'd be fine fetching us some food as well...I do not believe this sort of place is suitable for you".

She twiddled her fingers around while she spoke, she didn't want to make it sound like she was forcing the boy to come with her. She was genuinely concerned, a boy at his age, cursed and living in such a harsh environment was just not right.
Tulapa
Player

Postby Darik on July 12th, 2011, 10:41 pm

The women’s money was in an odd spot. It was squished between her body and her spear, making it relatively tight. Drat, he couldn’t get it there. He wasn’t the best thief and he knew his limitations. He definitely couldn’t get that pooch without alerting the women of his intentions. Even a simpleton can wield their weapons better than Darik. He couldn’t risk getting maimed or injured because everyone wants healthy lads, not ones with disfigurements.

She walked very slowly because she didn’t want to spill one drop. He knew she had never been in a tavern before, because if she had ever watched someone drink ale she would know it’s futile to resist your clothes getting drenched. You might as well go with the flow when the flow is unstoppable.

He swiped both glasses when she laid them down. She had bought them for him afterall. The open rimmed glasses contained a yellowish liquid that looked like barf in bottled form. Everyone else was drinking so it couldn’t taste that bad. He lifted one of the bottles to his mouth and took a sip. It wasn’t bad, it was actually kind of fruity. Darik didn’t have time to inspect its taste because she suggested something ridiculous. He spit it on the floor to show how shocked he was.

She suggested that they become traveling companions. The allure of getting food tempted him, but he resisted it. “Women how long have you been out of touch with reality? She didn’t realize that Sunberth was him. He wouldn’t fit anywhere else, he was a thief. To think about leaving, well that was unacceptable. Thieving was the only thing he was cut out for, and Sunberth was the only city that allowed it. If he went to any other city, like Sylrias, he would get hanged. He liked his body intact.

He decided to give this woman a reality check. “You want to know what the beauty of the world is? Cruelty. Like this.” He lifted both the glasses above the women’s hair. He then turned them upside down, making all the contents fall out. The alcohol fell in a torrent covering the women. Not to say that his clothes didn’t get a drop on them, they got soaked to. It wasn’t as bad as the women’s clothes though, she was probably made out of twenty percent alcohol now. “I feel great now. Cruelty just brightens up my day. See ya.” He said as he walked out of the pits. He gave a soft chuckle as he walked out, he would’ve enjoyed the women’s reaction but he might have finally made her lose her cool.

EDIT: Money loss and gain for everyone ((For the whole thread)):
Tula: -4sm((two glallons of ale)), -2GM((Told me in chat thats how much Tula gave in her last post.))
Ter: -5sm((two gallons of ale((Tipped the Barkeeper))
Darik +2 Gm((Money from Tula.))
Last edited by Darik on July 13th, 2011, 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Darik
Troublemaker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tulapa on July 12th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Tulapa didn't have much time to process what was going on until she felt the cool liquid all over her body. She looked up at the boy wide eyed not sure what to do. She looked at her soaking clothes, a little saddened since she was the one who had made the clothes...but it was not the end of the world. Those were material goods, and she could always wash it out. What baffled her is as to why he had dumped that on her, she didn't say anything rude. She merely gave him an alternative life-style that was much safer and better suited for a boy his age. So then why would he do that?

Tulapa's eyes brightened as she figured out, or at least thought she figured out why he did that. He must have noticed she was over-heating a bit in this hot weather, so he did this to cool her off. In this town you probably cannot act soft as a man so he had to cover it up as being cruel! "That has to be it" She said to herself gleefully, the naive girl that she was, this is all she could come up with.

Well that was kind of him, and he said he was in need of money. She ran out after the boy, drenched with the liquid but not quite minding anymore. "Wait!" she yelled as she grabbed his arm. She pulled out her spear, and then the pouch that hung off of the spear. She handed him enough money for food and water for another night and smiled "Thank you for cooling me off, that was quite kind of you" She giggled, then looked around "Oh I mean, that was quite 'cruel' of you" She winked , thinking she had figured this all out. "I hope our paths cross again boy, and maybe one day you will want to be my traveling companion" she said waving and walking away, as she slung her spear across her back once again.
Tulapa
Player

[Blood Pits] Fortune here I come! ((Done))

Postby Archelon on August 23rd, 2011, 11:37 pm

Thread Award

“This thread made me so happy it scared me!”

And the Results!!!!:
Darik :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Socialization1 Dealing with a strong-willed konti and a naïve spearwoman isn’t easy.
Rhetoric1For the insults
Larceny 1 For assessing when *not* to steal

List of Lores:
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Blessed Gnosis Marks(Poor)
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Cursed Gnosis Marks(Poor)
Religious Lore- Skepticism about Gods

Notes: Add 2 GM to your ledger.

Tarelde :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Socialization1 Dealing with a bratty thief isn’t easy
Observation1 For noticing a situation with a marked individual n’ a bartender]
Interrogation1 For the attempt to gather information with an unwilling informant.

List of Lores:
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Blessed Gnosis Marks(basic)
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Cursed Gnosis Marks(basic)

Notes: Deduct 5sm from your ledger.

Tulapa :
SkillName 1-5 How/why
Socialization2
Seduction 1 For the wink and being drenched as well as awkwardly misperceiving things in a naively cute manner

List of Lores:
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Blessed Gnosis Marks(basic)
Observation Lore- Visual Characteristics of Cursed Gnosis Marks(basic)

Notes: Deduct 2gm 4sm from your ledger for the gift to Darik and the ale.

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Well there wasn’t much here to grade, but I did my best ^_^. It ist was my first Thread award, if you feel there was any discrepancies Please feel free to pm me a nice note, or go to Levi. :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous