What? Graduation?!? (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Toan Onox on September 2nd, 2011, 6:14 pm

Day 80th of Summer, 511 AV

He ran and ran, ran as fast as he could. He jumped over crates and went through alleyways, running across bridges into different sections of the town. He blended in with the crowd until he knew she was onto him, and finally resorted to jumping into the lake for a wet getaway. Still no matter where Toan wound up, his teacher was one step ahead of him. She knew him too well, knew what he would do or what his plan would be. He wasn't allowed to steal or cause a scene, such a distraction would bring in the Ebonstryfe and leave a enormous bread crumb trail for her. No what he had to do was find the perfect getaway.

When Toan finally found a spot to rest after pulling himself out of the water, he sat down with heavy breathes. Soaking up the sun as he shivered, waiting for his clothes to dry. His teacher was indeed wise as well as brilliant, she made the challenge tricky for Toan. Yet she hadn't appeared yet. Think Toan, where can you go? Where would it be that you can go that would hide for the rest of the day? He thought long and hard, the places that came to mind would be too obvious. He tried blending in with the crowd earlier today, acting as if he was an ordinary commoner. That didn't work, and neither did the other ideas. Everywhere he had been was practically an easy picking for the impressive woman. Now he had to think inside the box, or so she said in the beginning. The final lesson today is simple, he had to hide from her. Find a place she wouldn't search, and when sundown came he would win. It was a game of cat and mouse, yet the cat was winning this one.

I'm suppose to return home by the end of the day, that is if she doesn't catch me.... Wait a minute... Thinking inside the box... The words revealed an idea for him, something that would be tricky to do but would no doubt pull it off. Looking down the alley way, moved to a corner and checked the streets before entering. No sign of her.
He moved onward, looking like one of the ordinary's that was interested in the sights. He made sure to act like nothing was going on, so he wouldn't look suspicious. When he glanced around he saw she was inbound, picking up his trail so soon. Damn this lady is a killer!

He picked up his speed, from a simple walk to a fast paced strut, then to a full speed ahead run. There was no getting away from her, even if he wanted to make himself invisible she'd be able to see him. Only because she was cursed. Stopping next to a wagon full of hay, he tried to catch his breathe. Looking to see that she wasn't there, he nearly sped off to try and lose her. Until something told him otherwise. The hay was thick and bundled, and right now no one was looking. Perfect! As he jumped into the wagon and burrowed underneath the hay, he found a position he could look out of while still remaining hidden. It worked. Without a second look or suspicious pausing, his teacher continued onward past him. He could see a smirk on her, she no doubt was enjoying this.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Toan Onox on September 8th, 2011, 4:50 am

He would've left after finally finding it safe, but something unexpected happened: the haystack started moving. Greaaaaat. Now what am I going to do. He tried to remain optimistic, seeing as he could use this do an advantage it wasn't one he wanted to consider. Let's see, I can sit around and ride my way to Ionu knows where and hope that it'll be close to home. OR I can just ditch right now. On the plus side he would rest and catch his breathe, the downside? Dealing with itching and poking the whole way, if not the rumbling of the cart.

Two hours later....

This is quite uncomfortable.... He had never thought he'd last this long in a wagon, but he was no doubt getting close to home. Until the wagon went from it's slow shaky pace to a ever so desired stop. Oh thank Ionu, I don't think I could stand with so much more of the annoying itching and unfavorable poking with this hay. "Excuse me but do you mind if I check your wagon, I'm looking for someone and I have a feeling that they are hiding well. Your wagon proves as a fine example." That voice was all to familiar, as no doubt the tone it held. When Toan finally managed to get a small peek he tried not to scream, or make an unnecessary noise to the situation. It was the teacher. The annoying hag had managed to improve her tactics as well. Sweating profusely and trying not to bite his nails, Toan tried to figure out how to get out without alerting the wagon driver.

She's got her back turned, but he can see in here.... "Why do you think this person is in my cart? They could be in another cart for all you know..." A giggle was heard from the teacher, though to Toan it felt more of a cackle. Her triumph was imminent unless Toan could make a slip, but he'd be seen by the driver....unless....

Toan focused on making himself invisible, casting the illusion by making slight word gestures that only he could hear. Once he was sure he was covered, it was now time to slip. No one can see me, no one can see me. He finally managed to slip out his legs onto the ground, now he had to quietly slide his body out, then run away once more. "Well it just so happens that I've looked everywhere, and this cart is the only cart that has hay in it; which is a very clever hiding spot if he were to hide there." Damn. Should've thought about that, next time I'll just bail. It was something he didn't expect, an intelligent thing to know such as that. Why didn't he keep tabs on everything?

Finally slipping out, he managed to crawl into a nearby alleyway. Hiding behind a crate. "Well fine, only this one!" Toan could tell that his teacher was smiling after that, more likely grinning an evil grin. If she had a stick or some object she could swing, she'd no doubt beat that haystack just to make sure he'd suffer; but she didn't. She was unarmed, and disappointed once again. For she did not find him in there. "Okay, I guess he's not in here. Continue." After his teacher said that Toan could've sworn her evil piercing gaze shot through the crate he hid behind, but she didn't go down the alley way. Instead she continued a different way, as the cart went off as well. Oh dear Ionu, I'm almost home...... It was tiring having to run for his life, but the teacher said that his reward would be well given if he passed this lesson. To him it seemed more of a test.

Okay, now it's time to get home... He finally looked around to see where he ended up, he wasn't far from home at all. Apart from the close call he had, the trip was nearly worth it. After he finally went over a bridge and made another turn, he found the shabby old place that he and his teacher called home. Looking back to make sure that no one was visible, he opened the door and went inside. Finding comfort among the pillows and cushions, he managed to relax and gain some positive energy, until a hand rested on his shoulders. He was then petrified, seeing as he came in alone without anyone looking who could be waiting here for him? "Well well, smart move. I didn't think you had it in you." He slowly turned his head, hoping that the voice was just a illusion or nightmare. Funny, considering that he would be able to tell, but no matter how funny or serious it seemed the illusion was now a reality. He was now looking up to find that his teacher had a smirk on her face.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Toan Onox on September 8th, 2011, 5:32 am

"You did good. Pretty damn good actually, nearly kept me on my toes for the previous hours; but now it's time to review your lesson." She did nothing, no hitting or anything. Only move over to a pile of cushions across from him. "Okay, first part. You ran and you ran like hell, which was pretty good. You ran, made several escapes that I didn't expect, even swam to get away. Second, you hid until you was no longer traceable. Though tacky and a bit too long, it was a good idea. However did you notice something when I talked to that man?" She knew. The whole time she must've known, but why not just ruin it then? Toan only took a moment to remember the situation, it was when she mentioned that the cart was the only cart with hay in the city. "You gathered a small amount of intelligence and put it to use." She looked slightly impressed, "Well done there. Way to go on being such a genius." He would've snickered at her, seeing as how she was being sarcastic, but instead grinned.

"Then after your close call, you finally did the best thing needed. Not the safest, but one thing that'd be most important to remember." She paused, allowing him to continue. "I arrived home, but checked to make sure no one followed." "Exactly Toan! Now I believe that your a proper thief." Toan looked at her with shock, this whole lesson was a test. She tested to see if she was ready. "Now are you ready for your reward?" Toan nodded, excitement brewing in him. She pointed to the kitchen with a smirk, then looked at him with a horrid frown. "Go make me dinner!" His face dropped, as he totally felt disappointment rear it's ugly head in his gut. However he listened, not only because she commanded but because he was hungry as well.

After finally boiling rice and throwing in a little bit of sugar, he finally managed to make a decent meal. He didn't care what to eat, just as long as there would be something to fill his stomach. His teacher didn't complain either, in fact she ate most of it. The pig sure can stuff herself.... Toan could've sworn she was reading his mind, for right after he thought that she gave him the coldest glare he ever seen. After finally finishing supper, they went back to relaxing. "Well as I was saying, your reward..." Toan's showed his unexpected excitement. "So you actually do having something for me!" "Yes Toan. This house." His excitement died down to a dull expression, he practically lived here so what was so rewarding about it. "It's not the safest place to go, so never go directly to it when in danger; but it belongs to you now..." She paused, grinning at how confused he looked. "So why give me this house?" She chuckled a bit, "Because you no longer need me Toan...and your cooking sucks by the way."

"Thank you, I just so happen to add a little sugar. Just for you."
He sneered, and for some reason she only laughed. "I'm leaving Ravok and heading back to Alvadas." A hint of enthusiasm was found in her voice, it left Toan off guard. "You know everything a proper thief can know in order to survive, so my teaching you is done. I'm no longer your teacher." He felt pride grow within him, yet a earnest desire to object. "But...you can't leave. I still need you." She gave a faint smile. "No Toan, you don't. You've grown from a fifteen year old boy to a fine twenty two year old man, and you now know what you need to survive. That and you have the potential to become someone, someone you always wanted to be. I'm only able to point you in the right direction, the rest is up to you." He felt sad about the whole thing, though what she was saying was more than true. "When are you leaving? Will I ever see you again?" Another chuckle left her, though Toan could see a tear trying to escape.

"I'm sure we'll see one another again, after all your not chained to this place... I'll be leaving tonight though." It was all sudden, Toan didn't know whether to feel proud or disappointed. The only person he had with him for the past seven years is finally leaving. "I have to do this, so I can gain Ionu's favor again. In the meantime you should work on getter better, and learning more about your Gnosis. It'd be easier for you if you were able to cast more complex illusions." He felt tears within his own eyes, he was practically choking them down with every swallow. "Who knows, you may even get to visit Alvadas and learn a lot more of Ionu yourself." Her faint smile became a proud smile, as she and Toan stood up. She hugged him as he hugged her, both knowing that it would be quite some time before Toan would leave. When the hugging was done she finally took one last look at him, as one tear finally escaped from her eye. "Know that I'm proud of you Toan, and should you ever go in search for me I'll go by my alias." "Alias?" He chocked, his throat full of emotion. "Yes. You will have to have an alias if you plan on being infamous, after all they'll be searching for you. There is only so few that know me by my name or alias: but should you search for me, you will find that few call me Behema." "Behema?"

"Yes, but you will know me as Vela." "Behema. Understood." Toan nodded, as they both gave one last hug. "May Ionu bring you good fortune, Nato." Nato, catchy and yet so easy. Though he liked the name, and nodded in approval. After their final good byes were exchanged, Vela slipped out the door. Leaving Toan alone in his own house, surely the two would meet eventually; but for now Toan had to focus. He had to earn a reputation, but first had to find a way to earn one. It was puzzling, discouraging even, but Toan felt sure he could handle it. After all with his skills, and his new alias to go by, he would eventually rise up the ranks of infamy. He would become the worlds best thief, such was his dream. "Nato." The name had a nice ring to it. One that she surely would only know as his alias, for Toan was the thief that was to become famous. With the name echoing within his mind, Toan felt a smile as he drifted to sleep. Before he did, it slipped off his tongue once more. "Nato..." Finally, he drifted off to sleep.

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Toan Onox

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on September 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm

Toan

• +1 Running
  • +1 Jumping
  • +1 Swimming
  • +1 Stealth
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Cooking

You Question My Logic? :
Any questions, shoot me a PM.

Lores: Playing Hide and Seek with a Crazy Bitch, Ravok Hiding Places (Basic), Saying Goodbye, Vela's Alias: Behema, Alias: Nato, Homeowner

Notes: Good job, can't wait to see what you do next.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)