[Will's Scrapbook] Making it Up as I Go

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Rorugir on October 3rd, 2011, 7:53 pm

Just a little place where I'll post my little ideas, scraps, and otherwise unimportant tidbits for future reference, instead of storing them in a Word document like all my other roleplays. Feel free to comment and say whatever you wish, as long as you keep it decent.

I guess you'll want to know a little about me, huh? Well, my name's Will, and I'm a high school senior (who just turned 18, which means, among other benefits, I can become a Storyteller here! :retard:) and, for as long as I've known, I love music. I play three instruments and am currently thinking about going into music education as a career option. I also love Roleplaying (obviously), although my biggest pet peeve with most nowadays is the lack of creativity, which is why I'm so fanatically obsessed with this site.

Anyways...I don't have much to say, game-wise, since I just started a mere 30 days ago, except...a mad wizard with an undead army is SO going to be one of my alts. In time, my dear friends. In due time.

So...I think I'll just exit with a picture of my new puppy.

ISNT SHE SO DAMN CUTE~
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on October 4th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I want to snuggle your puppy like whoa.

That is all.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Rorugir on October 7th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Then you are one of the few people who truly understand cuteness. ;)

Anyways, I'd like to post just a few short-term and long-term goals for my PCs (both OoC and IC) here, just as a sort of guideline for the future. (Of course, given my nature, I'll probably go hopelessly off-track, but that's part of the fun, eh?)

Rorugir:
    Get a job at the Touch of Fire (in progress)
    Expand magical and magic-related skills (get a tutor?)
    Post flashback thread in Sultros
    Respond to thread with Katie (underway ;)
    Get into the Bharani Library...somehow
    Hunt down Haeli and thread with her (Imma coming for you!)
    Get more proficient in weaponry/craft weapon besides battleaxe (definitely long-term)
    Learn Magecrafting (something I hope to start soon! Staffmaking catches my eye - perhaps I could do something with that in the future?)

Jaiun:
    Post solo thread with NPC commanding officer
    Respond to all my threads (I'm sorry everyone!)
    Get Hunting article approved (Almost done: in Founder Review)
    Thread with Belgar and all the others I'm currently in the planning stages with
    Advance in Icewatch/Ice Reaving
    Look into getting Gnosis Marks from Tyveth and Oriana (especially Truthism, when that's written up)

So yeah...there you have. My plans for the future! Looks kinda small, now that I'm thinking about it...oh well.
Last edited by Rorugir on November 1st, 2011, 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rorugir on October 13th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Writer's Block
It sucks.

Ah, the dreaded writer's block. Where you are unable to come up with anything to write about. I absolutely freaking hate it so much oh my godddddddddddddddd

...Sorry. Went off on a bit of a rant there.

So, I feel a bit...drained. I don't know if it's school, or my personal life or what, I just feel emotionally exhausted. As well as mentally. I'll log on to Mizahar and find one of my threads, only to stare at a "reply" screen for half an hour. Even now I'm just kinda sitting here at my computer, struggling to frame what I'm feeling into words. I've faced writer's block before, but this seems a bit different. I'm...I'm...drained, I have no other word for it.

I think I need a long rest and a Dr. Pepper. Not too good when it's still Thursday and I have a marching band festival tomorrow. Gah, I can't wait for the weekend.

That's all, I really guess. Pathetically short, I know...but, hey, what can I say? I got a nasty case of writer's block or something really close to it.
Last edited by Rorugir on October 25th, 2011, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jaiun on October 25th, 2011, 12:37 am

Lores
Can someone tell me what they're for?

So, um, yeah. It just struck me, what is the true point behind Lores? Originally, I thought they were specific pieces of in-game information that your character possesses that helps them out. But after seeing the lore of "Drunk and Flirty" being awarded to one of my future RP mates ('cuz, you know, I stalk their threads) I can't help but wonder; how do things like this help me out?

I've looked around, and seen a fair bit more of these so-called "lores" and also a lot of people who say (approximately) the same thing. I guess, I just don't really get the point behind Lores if I'm never really going to use them in-RP again. Because, I mean...how would "Drunk and Flirty" help me (or my friend, in this case) in the future? Maybe they'll get drunk again...and not be flirty, learning from last time? Or something? I just don't really get it.

Not to say all the lores are bad. In fact, quite the opposite. I love some, like Identifying Kelvics and Fighting a Wolf, which are two of my own personal lores. I can see those have obvious value, for, being a Kelvic bear in Avanthal, I can see myself encountering each of those things in the future and using that knowledge gained to my advantage. Some of the lores have obvious value, as it is. It's just, there is nearly enough lores which seem, to be frank, useless.

Well, that's really all I wanted to say. tl;dr "What's up with Lore System?", as it is.

So...time to break out the Ben & Jerry. I'm hungry. *Scurries off for midnight snack*

P.S. I'm posting this really late at night, so I apologize for any grammar errors I didn't manage to catch.
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rorugir on October 26th, 2011, 8:56 pm

NaNoWriMo
Which character should I do it?

Yep. As I'm sure you all know, NaNoWriMo is coming up on this site, and I can't wait to participate. This might be the chance I have to really dig into one of my characters, get to really know him, flesh him out, etc. The only problem? I don't know which character to do this with?

At first, I thought I would do this with Jaiun. I mean, I have lots of potential power partners, lots of potential for solo threads and some potential mod threads already in the works.

However, with all the things that are going on with Rorugir now, I can't help but think, maybe, I should do this with him. There aren't a lot of people in Lhavit right now, but given the things I'm going to do stuff in getting Roru into the Cytali (which reminds me - gotta PM Goss) and all the solo and flashback threads I can do with him...well, it's becoming a close race between them.

When I first made them, Jaiun was the main PC, and Roru the alt. Now, though...well, now my time is evenly split between the two characters. Which makes it hard to decide who to do NaNo with, as I'll have to drop or suspend things with the other character for the entirety of a month.

I kinda want to do it with Roru, unfortunately, though, there aren't that many people that I know will be doing NaNo in Lhavit that I can thread with. Perhaps Haeli, and potentially, Marie, but beyond that? I know Dor's out, and I don't really know anyone else in Lhavit as of yet. Hopefully Jaron will be doing it with his character so I could do lots of flashback threads with him. On the upside, I have Cytali and a gnosis thread in the works with Goss, so hopefully that'll pump my word count, huh? But still, I don't know. I'm just not sure, I guess.

Jaiun, well, I'm just not feeling it. He's a great character with a propensity for embarassing situations (read: hunting thread) but I just see a lot of potential for developing his character with a buttload of solo threads. There will be a lot of people in Avanthal probably doing it with their characters (I know Sarah is) though, so I could look forward to that. His thread I have with Ches for the future had potential for expanding and developing his character and helping me get to know him more, but, still. It's just...agh.

So. Suggestions as to who I'm doing (like, telling me if you're going to be using your character in Avanthal or Lhavit for NaNo would be helpful...) that would be great, my fellow Mizaharians. Until then, though, I guess I'll just grapple with my choice and see what comes out in the end, I guess.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sabastian Mora on October 27th, 2011, 8:13 am

I'm doing my NaNo with Sabastian. I was feeling the exact same way you were, but then I'm just like... "Ahhh, eff it."

So I suggest you do it with Ror so him and Sabby can be power posting BFFs! This is Marie, btw. :3
Sabastian Mora
Player

Words: 1218
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2011, 4:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Rorugir on October 27th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Indeed, Marie. Power-Posting BFF we shall be.

So...yes. I will likely be doing NaNo with Rorugir. Sorry, Jaiun. You'll get your turn soon, I promise.

Anywho, I think I'll copy down Marie's word count thing here for later use during NaNo (thanks for that, Goss, by the way!)

Rorugir

Date Starting Word Total Day's End Total Words Written Total Word Goal Goal Met?
11/01 31332 32477 1145 1667 No
11/02 32477 33013 1681 3333 No
11/03 33013 34496 3164 5000 Y/N
11/04 6667 Y/N
11/05 8333 Y/N
11/06 10000 Y/N
11/07 11667 Y/N
11/08 13333 Y/N
11/09 15000 Y/N
11/10 16667 Y/N
11/11 18333 Y/N
11/12 20000 Y/N
11/13 21667 Y/N
11/14 23333 Y/N
11/15 25000 Y/N
11/16 26667 Y/N
11/17 28333 Y/N
11/18 30000 Y/N
11/19 31667 Y/N
11/20 33333 Y/N
11/21 35000 Y/N
11/22 36667 Y/N
11/23 38333 Y/N
11/24 40000 Y/N
11/25 41667 Y/N
11/26 43333 Y/N
11/27 45000 Y/N
11/28 46667 Y/N
11/29 48333 Y/N
11/30 50000 Y/N

Customized to be all manly, of course. (read: change pink to black and white)
Last edited by Rorugir on November 3rd, 2011, 10:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Landon Mora on October 27th, 2011, 11:42 pm

I am probably going to do NaNo on Kendall (because I am anal retentive and I want him to get all of the medals) but I'll definitely post with you (and Sabby) to help you get your word counts up! I am so excited for Landon to meet Rorugir.
Landon Mora
Groovy Swag

Words: 24946
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jaiun on November 15th, 2011, 2:14 am

Gonna change Jaiun's avi to a bear to better reflect his Kelvic nature. It's either going to be...

or...

...Ok, so not really. But there will be a new avi soon, I promise!
Reworking this character. Please excuse the changes occurring; they won't last long, I promise.
Jaiun
Don't be fooled.

Words: 53896
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next