The Harvest (Sabin, Lyth)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on October 23rd, 2011, 10:03 pm

oocGo read the animation stuff, in depth please X_x. You'll need it. Animation is about giving life to small golems etc. You won't really be able to do anything major until you get at least 15-20 points in it, over a Looongg series of threads working on a *single* golem. Runes, ie = glyphing, may be part of the animation process. But there are circles involved too. To even get one small thing animated at a skill level, you'd need at least four to six threads of five posts each. Think like the old 'puppetmaster' movies where you would need souls for your work *_*. As for Uldr's mark for 'returning' ... *_* You don't have it yet until it's approved by the HD. Period -_-'. Don't bank on xp, or other things that haven't been approved yet X-x it's a bad, bad,... bad thing to do.

The body, screaming on the table was not anything which was alive... no the creature that Lyth had killed hadn't been 'alive' for quite some time. You see, this 'body' was in actuality a Nuit, a now very angry, and irate Nuit as it's disguise crumbled to reveal the turgid flesh beneath as a shield washed over it's chest, clothing and hands, before two small balls of fire came into being above its wrists.

It gave a macabre grin to the pair, and started to chuckle... "Oh I'm sorry, did you two shykes not like my little performance? You know, the act where I was playing DEAD. Was it too dismal and dreary for you? Not in depth enough? Or perhaps maybe you're both scared now? And here I thought you two were ready to play in the big leagues? Hmm? Tell you what, since you two did just CUT away a perfectly good set of eyelids, and HARM my newest body for me then EACH of you WILL pay a price for it lest I KILL you ALL. Three hundred years and not a single scratch on the skin you Vagicks!!"

The nuits arms fell limp simultaneously. The balls of fire just hanging there in the air as moments later, Lyth and Sabin both felt an immediate pressure about their throats, lifting them high against the wall towards the ceiling. "So here's the deal, for the two little would be somebody's... you're going to agree to get me a new body, one freshly dead and not marked with knives, or daggers, or injured in any way besides the breath leaving it's body. OR I'm just going to choose my new body out of the ones I have available here... Doesn't that sound nice?"

The air resonated with a bit more djed as the figure finished, "Well... Does it? Or would you prefer being SICK before you go to Dira's embrace?" At the words sick, the suffocating pair's stomach's would seem to turn sour as they began as the hypnotic suggestion began to take effect to the nuit's words... the invisible grip around their throats vanished as quickly as it came, letting the pair crash hard to their knees before they vomited as the nuit simply stared at them both.

About the nuit swarmed a mix of ghosts, each of them materializing into being around it, as the looked carefully at the figure. As if they were concerned that this ... nuit, was alright as its arms crossed its chest and it stared unendingly at the two infidels(lidless eyes can do that you know :P) as it waited for an answer. Would they procure him a new body, or would they simply scream in terror?

oocAlso, there's no timestamp on this that I saw ;~;. Fix that!
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Sabin Ozera on October 24th, 2011, 7:49 am

oocThe corpse was never on the table! xD I do prefer the dramatic flair it provides however. Still sorry for the screw-up :P

Sabin's astonishment was well-founded, but his assumption was way off the mark. The ambient unrestful spirits were in fact not in control of the now-talking corpse. Its demands gave away its origin, and the would-be Necromancer's eyes narrowed--remembering something unpleasant.

His physical needs superseded his current need for answers however, for he was too busy gasping for the fetid air through his stinging throat. The mere presence of this being's djed made Sabin feel inferior, for he now knew he stood before a far more experienced scholar of magic. He wanted to be rid of this feeling as soon as possible.

He could not allow himself to give in to intimidation or fear. If this was a part of his path to the forbidden knowledge he saw on his fate's horizon, then he would fervently comply. This being held power-power he envied greatly-but not the sort of power he was looking for.

As he slowly stood, his vision blurred for a moment, his stomach not fully recovered from the incident. He eyed the vomit on the ground--wondering for a moment when exactly he had ingested something pink.

"Hmph, I doubt you would possess either of us--or you would have done so already. Perhaps our unworthiness as hosts is another cause for your anger?" He returned the Nuit's stare, throwing his comfortable cloak of apathy over himself he had been born with as a child. For how emotionless he was, and lacking in enthusiasm over their games that he deemed pointless, he himself was once referred to as: "Sabinuit."

"If insulting us will allow logic to have a place in you again, then I deem you unleash it now--so we may be allowed to find the accurate vessel you desire." The Vagick would-be-somebody said with a light sigh.

"I promise you that I have no need for deceptions, for perhaps your purpose can shed some light on my own." The act of an apology may have been more prudent in this case, but sadly, Sabin was not that kind of person.

Though his mouth spoke words of submission to the Nuit's will, his mind was on other things. 'What forgotten, dark secrets might this Nuit hold? Could he perhaps aid in the deciphering of Sorova's scripture after he has been appeased...'

He quickly glanced to Lyth, wondering if his clothing had been stained from being dropped on his knees.
"Shock at morbid aspects only shows one has experienced little on the subject."

ImageImage
Sabin Ozera
Player

Words: 7843
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lyth on October 25th, 2011, 1:55 am

Lyth blinked in surprise as the body he had thought was dead, even after the other man's performance, stood up. This was unexpected..Was the other man still using magic? Or had it actually worked? No, that didn't seem to be the case.. Somehing was wrong. The half-blood felt his stomach tighten into a knot as the Nuit revealed itself for what it was.

...If he lived through this, he needed to have a "chat" with his employer.

He wasn't surprised the Nuit was so angry, speculating that if all the people he had killed had the abilities the Nuit possessed, they would probably be just as livid. Lyth wanted to point out to the Nuit that it wasn't him who had done the damage, but that wasn't entirely true. Besides, he didn't think it would matter to the man, so far gone in his rage.

There was a sudden pressure on his throat, closing off his airways and forcing him up off the ground. He felt his back pressed against the wall, trying hard to inhale, but being unable to. There was a strange buzzing in his ears as the edges of his vision began to go dark, and he suddenly felt ill. Lyth couldn't even take in a breath when the two of them were release, spitting up a thick and viscous fluid. oocSince Symenestra can't eat solids, I figured this would be the closest thing to vomiting. :/

The half-blood took in huge gulps of air, the burning in his lungs lessening as he was allowed to breathe again. Lyth pushed himself up on to his feet, wincing at the pain that shot through his knees. It didn't feel like anything was broken, thankfully. Lyth gave the other man a withering look as he tried to antagonize the Nuit.
"I suppose I could find a body.. If it dies with poi on, does that nullify is worth?" He asked, not sure whether the Nuit would accept something like that.
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Archelon on October 25th, 2011, 5:39 pm

The nuit's left arm fell limp again, as invisible hands pulled Lyth closer by the scruff of his clothing. Ah... A spider-boy... I see. So that's why you were so agile on the rooftops. Oh... oh so you were the one he hired to do the job. Only two days after I took your target's place, hmmm? Is he so upset to think that I might wish to speak to him again... oh no matter, these are not thoughts a pawn should really here. Even if your employer's body is quite a nice one... an Ethfael I've had my sights set upon. A forsaken who's past life intersected with mine you see. Someone who does not deserve a second life, and a body I would wish to take. The Ethfael's magic is far too strong for such a little spider as you to be able to take him. I would so enjoy sending you out to knock your employer unconscious and bring him to me. But no, you will get me an interim body, anyone will do. But there will be no poison in their veins. Only the sweet sense of suffocation."

The cold , lidless eyes looked at Lyth with a small smile curling the corner of his lips. "Let me explain something to you... so you might know truly it is not wise to attack me again. Perhaps I shall even reward you with a bit of knowledge. But first... Tell me your name."

The last words were a command, backed by the power of djed, and Lyth's mouth opened to speak his name, free of any alias, or deception. For a moment the nuit looked over at Sabin who blithely said his own name. "Very well, since you've been so kind to introduce yourselves , albeit some more reluctant then others I shall inform you of my own. I am Ser Valtize de Leywellin... and it has been a long time since I have ventured from Our Manor. Should you procure me a new body of some exceptional means... I may even reward you." The nuit leaned a little closer to Lyth cocking his head to the side as he gained knowingly into the little spiders eyes and spoke, "Fail in this task, and I will be ... very... very... short of options. Don't come back until you are successful!"

The invisible hands turned both Sabin and Lyth towards the door of Sabin's abode and shoved them unceremoniously out into the streets in a clear sign of dismissal. How they would achieve their set task would be left up to them... the only stipulation was that they would not return to Sabin's
domicile until the deed was done. Where of course, the old leywellin would be waiting for them...

oocWork a little on this amongst yourselves, I'll post the nuit's actions when you bring back a corpse :P
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Sabin Ozera on October 25th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Apparently the Nuit was far more focused on his "killer" rather than him, so Sabin decided it would profit him more to closely observe how the being handled its formidable djed. The slight raising and lowering of arms seemed to be the signature method--he didn't notice any incantations or specific hand movements, the closest he came to any profundity were it's blatant commands.

Sabin's name slipped blithely from his mouth against his will, a very interesting experience. The djed from the Nuit was so overwhelming, he hadn't the willpower to even slightly resist.

He turned his attention to the "spider-boy"...by the description given he must have held a relation to the Symenstra? It wasn't very noticeable...but since when did he truly pay attention to the appearances of others anyway? No wonder it was such a simple task to slide the dagger along a throat so swiftly that the Nuit didn't even react...killing must literally be an instinct for him. Sabin had a vaguely similar instinct, and so could empathize.

Two days, but hadn't the Nuit said he hadn't received a scratch on the body for three hundred years...irrelevant.

The Nuit at least had provided the obvious detail to prefer a magic-sensitive race such as the Ethfael.

Ser Valtize de Leywellin...his surname held a slight familiarity...no matter.

His pondering and observation was brought to a sudden halt as the two were dumped onto the streets. Sabin spat the dirt from his mouth, then wiped the dirt and dust from his black robes briefly.

He then spoke to Lyth, "Ridiculous, for me to not even sense the lingering djed in the corpse proves my need for further research and experimentation." he then turned to face his, now-occupied, tiny living quarters with a narrowing of his eyes. Sabin would have just as easily left the Nuit to never return, but Sorova's scripture was left behind--he required its teachings. Though he had such small luck in deciphering it, the depictions alone were extremely useful.

He gave an exasperated sigh, then looked to Lyth, "I am unfamiliar with this city...I will follow your lead." He said with a slight tinge of annoyance, he wasn't the type that enjoyed following like a dog. Scaling rooftops was not exactly his forte either.
"Shock at morbid aspects only shows one has experienced little on the subject."

ImageImage
Sabin Ozera
Player

Words: 7843
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Lyth on October 26th, 2011, 10:29 am

ArchelonI have no idea why, but the way you make this Nuit talk~ <3
...Yes, I know I'm strange X3

Oh, and I know Lyth doesn't need to know now, but I wouldn't mind if he got thrown into the middle of these two NPC's you've brought up~ If you're not busy, that is.

Lyth's eyes went wide as he was suddenly pulled forward by the same invisible force that had held him against the wall, bringing him in closer to the Nuit. That was probably the last place he wanted to be, up close and personal to a body-jumper. A tenseness set into him, leaning back away from the undead man. He didn't like the way the man spoke as if he were something to be studied. Spider-boy. He was only half symenestra!

The man's telling of his past encounters with whoever it was who had hired Lyth flew right over the halfling's head, not really knowing what the Nuit was talking about. Most likely seeing the confusion in Lyth's eyes, the man ceased his rantings, commenting that these were things that he didn't need to know himself. That smile that curled on to those dead lips sent a strange shiver down the halfling's spine, swallowing hard.

He could feel the djed compelling him to follow what the Nuit asked, his name tumbling from his lips easily, including the last name he had discarded so long ago. He had nearly forgotten he was supposed to belong to a hold somewhere in Avanthal. Seemingly under the same effect, his companion dropped his own name. Sabin Ozera. That tidbit of information was filed away, for use when there wasn't an angry undead in his face.

Ser Valtize de Leywellin. That sounded too fancy to be from Sunberth, though since the man was a Nuit, perhaps he was born before Sunberth was so...sunberthian. The Nuit leaned in closer to the half-blood, Lyth not able to lean back any further from the man. He really wished the man had eyelids; the way he stared was unnerving. The Nuit didn't give the two of them time to say anything, tossing them out of the home and into the street.

Lyth stood himself up, brushing his pants off. Great, some of those stains would probably never come out.
"And this is why I don'y deal with mages." He hissed, shooting a dark look at the home he had just been thrown from. The glare transferred to Sabin momentarily, before it faded, leaving Lyth just looking tired. How the hell was he supposed to kill someone without injuring them? No weapons, no poisons...Did he look like someone who could suffocate a man with his bare hands?

"....Think he'll mind if we bring him back a woman?" He sighed, heading further into town. Maybe he could buy a slave for cheap... Or both of them could pool in and buy a fairly good slave...That still meant they'd have to suffocate him.
Lyth
Player

Words: 35506
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 6:43 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Previous