The New Alvadas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

The New Alvadas

Postby Fallacy on July 28th, 2011, 8:19 am

Hello fellow people and citizens of Alvadas. AS Fallacy is here to ask one important question: What do YOU want to see in Alvadas? This could be anything really, and any and all ideas will be considered. It seems only fair to ask the fine people that are in Alvadas their opinions on what they would like to see in the city.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Syndela on July 28th, 2011, 8:31 am

I would like to see an entertainment area, for perhaps magicians to show off their illusions, trickery and such to crowds. Or even just a performance area for people to busk at, just generally an area for live entertainment of all kinds would be marvellous. I see there is the Bizarre but that's for items and goods rather than actual entertainment. Could be interesting to see. :)
Syndela
Aerobatical Dancer of Alvadas

Words: 53078
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 3:11 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The New Alvadas

Postby Seidaku on July 28th, 2011, 12:19 pm

One of Alvadas' former players, Kit Rowan, had something similar to that in a very informal fashion. It was more street performing than anything else, but something official would be cool.

Personally, I am a whore for magic :)

With Alvadas as such an inherently "magical" city, with it being the seat of power of Ionu and brimming over with illusions and change, it always strikes me as the sort of place that would have be attractive to those of a magical persuasion.

It is something that I have seen in alot of the initial posts, especially those playing characters from races that are not well accepted in the world as a whole. The nature of Alvadas and its illusions makes it easier for them to blend in.

Following the same logic, it would have a similar appeal to mages. In fact, Vhanet used a similar trick to haul Seidaku's bacon out of the fire just recently.

I would like to see something similar to the Scholarly Abode of Intellectual Puruits, but with a more arcane flair. A discrete place for magically minded people to gather.
Seidaku
Gazing into the Void

Words: 140247
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

The New Alvadas

Postby Ifran on July 29th, 2011, 2:59 am

As I was discussing with you and Bedlam earlier, I'm excited to help develop the theater. But of course I'm happy to get my hands dirty with anything that y'all have developing. :D
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 29th, 2011, 5:49 am

Hello, this is Bones here, and I have a idea for something interesting. Though to be honest, it is a bit odd, and I am not sure if it is even possible.

Since it is a city of illusions, would it be possible to have a kind of 'Danger Room'. Note I do not mean it literally, just as a reference for what I vaguely mean.

Obviously it would work by different mechanism's than that in others, but it might be cool to have a place to safely go to train in combat, and fight things. Maybe even practice personal magic, for those who are magically inclined.

If it is impossible just say so, but I thought it would be a cool idea. Perhaps it is a room that is illusioned, with some powerful shields to stop any magic from getting out, and to absorb it as you cast it at your imaginary foe.

I am not sure by what way would be the best to have such a thing in Alvadas, so I am only giving a base idea of what I was thinking.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Fela Meason on July 30th, 2011, 1:36 am

Hello, residential crazy cat woman here. I personally would like to see more locations and holidays. I think it's high time Alvadas had a festival of some kind to celebrate our god and master Ionu. I want to see the city come together as a whole. This is a place of creativity and I love to see what happens when you stick us all in a room and just let us go nuts.

I would love to think up some location Ideas...but I know it's not my place. *blush*
This is Fela talking, This is Fela thinking, This is text, and This is someone else talking.
Fela Meason
Silly little cat

Words: 149056
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2011, 3:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 20th, 2011, 4:49 am

I would like to see an illusion tournament that Ionu itself watches and declares the winner. It would be exclusively for those marked by Ionu, and the prize would be another mark. It would mostly be like an imagination tournament between two kids (I'm sure you've seen the like). Of course, since very few PCs have a mark, it will mostly be something to look at and watch for the majority of us. Of course, I think that something like that would be an enormous deal, and much celebrating and festivities would be around the whole city on that day.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Ifran on November 20th, 2011, 6:38 am

That would be cool, but it would have to be a year after the first mark is received in game time to get another, which would severely curtail the amount of PCs who can participate.
Ifran
House of the North Winds

Words: 172387
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 10:57 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Lore Author (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 20th, 2011, 3:29 pm

it could be an annual tournament centered around an Alvadian Holiday
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

The New Alvadas

Postby Seven Xu on November 22nd, 2011, 2:29 pm

What Ifran is saying is that the pool of those that could even join would be very very small, due to needing a full year between mark acquisitions. Game rules, and such. Maybe if the illusion tournament was for those unmarked, and the winner gains their first mark it would be open to more individuals. Of course, it would have to be very strictly moderated and fairly judged, as it would be essentially a Gnosis thread for the winner.

You can still perform illusions without a mark. Sleight of hand, tricks with other forms of djed magic, et cetera...
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next