The Meaning of Honor [Belgar]

Hadrian lights a match, Belgar goes up in flames, and they come to an understanding.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Hadrian on November 9th, 2011, 12:06 am

Hadrian watched all this, not sure he was equipped to let out the poison festering in the bear-man's soul. The vague disquiet grew more upsetting the more knots into which Belgar tied himself. Chancing something that might have lost him a limb not so long ago, he put a hand on Belgar's shoulder. Perhaps Hadrian was brave after all -- or foolish.

"Seeking the expiation of sin... Well, I think if She thought you guilty, She would have punished you already. But if you are willing to accept your punishment, you should also be ready to accept your innocence and Her forgiveness. That is, if you trust in Her wisdom."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Belgar on November 13th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Belgar started when he felt Hadrian’s touch. But an instant later he recognized it for what it was, the tension was lost again. At least it was only Hadrian who would see him struggle—only Hadrian, who had inexplicably become a friend in the fray, who had been so patient and kind. Belgar showed his appreciation by failing to move away from the gesture, but still he stared forward at Avanthal, as if she would disappear if he did not. “There is no innocence,” Belgar replied stubbornly. “But yes, I trust in Her wisdom. I must.”

He filled a thoughtful pause with the crunch of snow beneath his boots. When he spoke again, he dared to glance at the human before he lifted his eyes to the approaching holds, the spires of the Ice Palace looming between them. “Those who may serve witness must be summoned,” he mentioned. “You did not see my worst crime, but you are witness to another. Will you come with me, to Queen Morwen, to serve witness?”
If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.
Belgar
Emo Bear

Words: 74066
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2011, 12:43 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on November 14th, 2011, 1:25 am

The contact was brief, but genuine. Hadrian was not the touchy-feely sort, but it seemed appropriate here and he did not lose a hand so it seemed like the gesture was well received. He was relieved to see the palace spires again, and when Belgar turned to ask him that favor so formally, he nodded solemnly and made eye contact.

"I will."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Cheshire on November 29th, 2011, 4:24 pm

Character: Hadrian
Experience: Reimancy +2, Summoning +2, Drawing +1, Meditation +1,Glyphing +1, Auristics +2, Flux +3, Hypnotism +4, Running +1, Rhetoric +1, Persuasion +1, Philosophy +2
Lore: Law of Avanthal [Basic], The Death of Seisswyn [Basic]

Character: Belgar
Experience: Observation +2, Running +1, Intimidation +3, Unarmed Combat +2, Persuasion +2, Philosophy +1
Lore: Being Hypnotized, Tyveth [Basic]

Additional Note: Fantastic thread guys! I loved it. Next stop, Morwen. PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous