[Avian Manor] A Vain Meeting (Alric&Miro)

two of Alvadas's most eccentric residents meet for the first time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Miro on November 4th, 2011, 8:09 am

Miro was in a mental stasis. His body was forgotten and his mind remained as a still pool of water, awaiting the ripple that came from the soft touch of Alric's words. "I am absolutely, completely relaxed. Every word is heavy, ever so heavy..I might...fall..if I was not so strong. No, I am not falling over. I am here, in this place. Chained by the weight of 'HIS' words. I can not even move. I can only look forward..only straight ahead.....I only see me...staring back from my cage."

He continued to watch the mirror, wondering which one was watching which now. Was he what he saw? Was what he saw him? Where did one start and the other end? Was there even an end to them? Or a start? Nothing made sense anymore. Miro didn't ask these questions to figure them out. He did not want to know what was happening. But it all seemed 'wrong'. This place he was in was entirely different. Reality seemed to have faded away with him noticing, leaving a hollow vessel. Everything that was Miro still remained, but accessing and controlling himself was beyond his reach.

"In the mirror lies everything I want. Everything I crave. Every last secret, any hidden truth. Father, you are here, I can see you." Miro began to see his features begin to muddle away. His face became blank, all except for his eyes that shifted. Now they looked much more stern. They gained a tone of dignity and deep in them he saw passion. His face began to define now too. His face looked older, a deeply wrinkled brow. Aside his cheeks were heavily defined lines that lead down into a soft smirk. Long black hair fell down on both sides of his face framing it.

Miro had no words now. He did not expect anything to be said, but nothing had to be. The experience left him feeling whole, finally the gap in his mind had been filled. His eyes locked in perfect silent symmetry. No emotions came to embrace Miro now. No thoughts took hold of his mind. Only did he lock eyes with that which he had been missing his whole life. No longer did he remember that Alric was guiding him. Nor did he remember that what he saw was a reflection. 'The concept of time and the demands of the world had long since melted away. In this reality he was not a mortal being, perhaps he was no more than a thought.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 4th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Alric nodded as Miro absentmindedly repeated his instructions. This was a good sign. It seemed Miro was a rather open person, willing to take instruction. That was imperative to a successful trance. Those who normally let the influence of others in, found it hard to resist the much more powerful influence of a hypnotist. Alric was glad Miro was one of those people. It would not have been impossible to hypnotize him if it wasn't. However, it was quite simpler to do so since he was.

"In the mirror lies everything I want. Everything I crave. Every last secret, any hidden truth. Father, you are here, I can see you."

Alric raised an eyebrow. So this was what Miro truly wanted? He wished to see his father? Interesting, very interesting. Alric filed away the information for later use. He did not know what he might use it for, but he found it a very vital clue in understanding his new friend. He weakened his djed stream for an instant, before he implanted the emotion of fear to the next wave. He let it surge forward violently. He could only set moods, and give subtle clues to how one should feel. But, the wave of djed should mean it would be harder to fight off.

"Now, Miro, look into your father's eyes, see his love for you. See him accept you for all that you are. Every mistake, forgiven. Every success, praised. Allow him to be everything you ever wished him to be. See yourself in his eyes. See that you are more than he ever wished for. Greater than he could ever have hoped. See it Miro, and believe it."

Alric allowed Miro to digest his words before Alric continued. He sent another faint feeling into Miro now. He sent dissatisfaction. Although, it was faint, and not likely to be picked up. Alric still felt it would speed up the next step.

"Now, let that perfect picture of yours... shatter. See your father's approval, as what it really is. A lie. See him complain to his friends about that useless son of his. See within his eyes, that every mistake was harbored. See his hollow smile at all your successes. Hear his scorning laughter. He is everything you ever feared him to be. He is worse than you ever imagined, a truly despicable man in every sense of the word. See it Miro, and believe it."

Alric stepped back a few feet. If this worked, Miro should become rather volatile. But Alric knew how to plan ahead. Miro would be unable to attack physically, he would have to resort to a mental attack, and in that moment, he would have succeeded in his initiation.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Miro on November 5th, 2011, 1:29 am

Miro stared for what seemed to be both an instant and an eternity. Suddenly that all changed, in an instant anxiety started to set in. Something was wrong, something bad. Miro began to panic as he scanned the details of his fathers face, fearing it would soon leave him. He saw the loving stare looking back at him. It was as if he missed him every bit as much. Miro watched deep in his eyes and saw him gazing upon his face with pride. It was all Miro ever wanted. Still the fear lingered though. This wasn't right. He isn't happy anymore. Almost upset. No, it wasn't that. He wasn't ashamed or upset. Miro was nothing more than a joke to him. He would rather pretend he had no son. The worst kind of father. He hates that his blood runs through Miro. He forsakes his own blood. His son! No longer did he feel the fear that something was wrong. There was no more shame for what he was. None of this made any sense, he was finally understanding the extent of the manipulation. His mind wiped clean with the realization.Suddenly it dawned on him. The face he saw was not that of his father. The feelings, the happiness, the fear, the whole experience all a lie! He stared blankly piecing his control over his mind. He understood the manipulation. The hand that lay on his mind moving it for him. This was not going to happen any longer. Miro's eyes began to redden. Miro focused hard exciting all of his energy. He attempted to shout out to whoever was controlling him "Leave me ALONE!" Miro forced the thought out as hard as possible. He attempted to shout it and take control of his mind again. Afterward he began to feel a bit less enraged. Still he sat there, thinking little now, waiting to egress from his mental prison.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 6th, 2011, 2:33 am

Alric effortlessly brushed off the mental scream. The attempt was clumsy, but had an impressive amount of Djed behind it nonetheless. Alric was quite pleased with it in all actuality. Miro had preformed exactly as he had hoped. He was unable to accept the harsh image of his father, and because of that, attempted to flee. Or, Alric reminded himself, attempted to attack him. In either case, the 'weights' Alric had placed on Miro had prevented either. In his desperation, he had desperately tried to influence Alric in another way. He had expanded his bubble of influence.

Alric was extremely pleased in this regard. While he may have had help, Miro had still proven a very quick learner. It had been but a scant 30 minutes since the initiation had begun. Alric could only wish he had done the same. However, now Alric needed to end the trance before Miro had another episode. Slowly and steadily, Alric broke contact from Miro, until all that was left was a small trickle of Djed. In that trickle Alric sent just a small feeling of calm. Miro seemed as though he might benefit from it. After the feeling had transferred, he began speaking, to undo the conditioning he had prepared beforehand.

"Now Miro, all weights and burdens are lifted. Your father too, is only what you think him to be. My words are only that, words. No weights or bindings are attached to my words, or any others. The mirror in front of you? It is only that, a mirror. It shows only what it is shown. It shows nothing more, and nothing less. Accept these words as true, and awaken."

Alric cut the flow then, and stepped forward in a show of faith.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miro on November 6th, 2011, 3:15 am

Miro felt all of the control being lifted off of him. Everything was let go and Miro's mind returned to him. He took notice of Alric once more before falling onto his back with his eyes closed. Laying down he took deep breathes and began to hold his forehead with his hand. He had a massive headache from the whole experience. "Alric, that was....how did I do? I don't know how you did that." Miro groaned for a second and brought his other hand up to his head now. "My head is killing me!" He clenched his eyes shut and tried to drown out the pain. It was burning in his head, forcing him to moan in agony. He began to sweat and move around a bit. "Promise me you will never do that again. I think I need to rest." Miro got up and walked over to the couch and laid down. He let his arm rest over his eyes shielding them from any light. "Alric, please let me know if...if there is any way I can return the favor." He let out a slight laugh. "Perhaps I can beat you over the head to thank you for this headache. As for magic, I would be glad to teach you reimancy, or even flux." He continued to lay there and try to hold in the pain that tore at his mind. Somehow he would return the favor to Alric. But he was sure it would not be on this day.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alric Wilmot on November 6th, 2011, 4:28 am

Alric gazed upon his new friend with a kind of pride he had never before experienced. He had accomplished something entirely new today. No, he corrected himself, he had accomplished two new things today. He had befriended a man as peculiar as he was talented. And, he had successfully initiated someone else into the majestic art of hypnotism. He felt proud of himself. He didn't reply to any of Miro's banter, as it was quite clear that he wasn't expecting a response anyway. However, the last thing he said was of great interest.

"Perhaps I can beat you over the head to thank you for this headache. As for magic, I would be glad to teach you reimancy, or even flux."

Alric's eyes went wide with the offer. He imagined it would be quite difficult. Yet, he also imagined it would be quite fun. Alric was eager to learn, but, it seemed that Miro was done for the day. Alric did not want to leave though. If he did, he might never be able to get back. Alvadas was known to enjoy rather viscous jokes, and that would be a most viscous joke indeed.

Alric, being somewhat conflicted, decided to just wait out Miro's little nap. He leaned on a nearby wall, and slid down to his haunches. As he did so, however, he became aware of his exhaustion. He had become rather skilled lately, and was able to accomplish much more than he used to without overgiving. Still, he had used quite a decent amount of Djed in the initiation process. Because of this, he was rather sleepy. And now, with the effort of standing gone, it became much more evident.

As Alric slumped against the wall, his eyes slowly began to close. As they did so, Alric joined Miro in the land of sleep.
Last edited by Alric Wilmot on December 11th, 2011, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on December 11th, 2011, 12:13 am

Alric :
Alric

Skill XP Reward
Hypnotism +4
Teaching +2
Persuasion +2
Rhetoric +2
Observation +1

Lore: Judging a Book by its Cover, Hidden Depths of Alvadas?, Miro's Tragic Past, Taming Tragedy, A Partnership of Minds, Miro (acquaintance)

Other: N/A

Miro :
Miro

Skill XP Reward
Reimancy +2
Rhetoric +2
Hypnotism +1
Persuasion +1
Intelligence +1
Flux +1

Lore: Sharing Secrets, Basics of Simple Hypnotism, Letting Go of the Past, A Partnership of Minds, Alric (acquaintance)

Other: N/A

Great thread guys, loved the application of hypnotism here - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous