Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Lhavit's Job Faire (Winter 2nd - 6th)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Lu Gavima on December 13th, 2011, 4:23 am

Lu watched as Aska spoke of her services. He could watch a sort of glee pass her features at the thought of work. This brought the shadow of a grin to his lips as he was sure he looked similar when it was time to train. Her question was valid, however. "Yes, Madame Terras. I am aware that this is a job faire. I am here as security for it. I simply saw that you were not busy , so I thought I would take a moment of your time to inquire about this substance." He had the thought that he might be holding up a real apprentice in the making. This caused him to remove his hands from the counter and step to the left of the booth, still remaining in eye contact with her.

Her own eyes seemed to track over and Lu politely turned his head, spotting a large man with the same sort of fire in his eyes that Madame Terras had. He wasn't quite finished, however. He heard her willingness and the possibility of a higher cost. Both were suitable to him. His head turned like a bird's as he smiled and replied. "I would like you to consider it, yes. I will find a way to earn the money you need or I can barter with you. I have no possessions or kina, but I am in the City most of the time, so if we can arrange something, I am open to that." His head turned to his right and the larger man. He bowed to him and to her.

"Please let me if I can be of service, Madame Terras. I will be here for the duration of the Faire. Good luck." Smiling, his awareness turned to his left, where he spotted a woman sitting at a booth full of plants. She was definitely looking back at him, so he stepped away backward, showing respect to the metalworker and her prospective charge. Turning toward the plant woman, who looked natural among those leaves, he walked between the space separating them. Smiling, he looked down at her. "Hello there. I am Acolyte Gavima of the Shinya. I will be here for the faire as security or if you need a hand with anything. You sell plants?"
Last edited by Lu Gavima on January 28th, 2012, 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Words: 134685
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 5:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Norian Jard on December 13th, 2011, 5:15 am

Norian's gazing was discovered. The tapping of the foot and the worn thin patience stood there staring at him staring at her creations. He turned to Aska, somewhat surprised at first. He says to her, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stare. These works are just absolutely beautiful!" The man awkwardly tried to recover for his bewilderment. He then said to the blacksmith, "I've only recently arrived here. My name is Norian." He smiled to the Inur[?] woman, and asked, "Did you make those?"

Behind the scenes of the double faced man, Albert almost slapping himself in the face. He knew he should have been their voice from the start. He started to work his manipulative wonders in the subconscious of his companion in this body. Albert started to drop some words into the ear of Norian. Albert didn't want to jump in himself until everything was primed.

"I find these pieces to be quite masterful!" exclaimed Norian as the word came to mind. He was glad to find that his search for the proper words to express his feelings about the various examples of smithing had come to mind.
Norian Jard
Player

Words: 6093
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2011, 3:14 am
Character sheet

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 13th, 2011, 8:15 pm

"And who are you?" The wizard ask suddenly. The question struck Calvin like a mighty blow. Obviously this wizard was not one for manners. Calvin thought about the question hard while viewing the man up and down.

"Could this man be a threat," Calvin thought as he observed that man. As far as Calvin could tell he had no dagger on him though he did wiled a quarterstaff. He wouldn't dare use magic in such a public place, however if he did Calvin was not ready for a fight he had yet to complete his alchemy combat.

The man didn't seem as if he wanted to talk about dejd very much at least in this setting, so Calvin did consider steping back and disapearing in to the crowd. It would be so easy just step back and there are so many people here that he would never see me again, but some thing about him made calvin stay. He seemed like he was a student of some school. He just gave off this studious vibe. Calvin hadn't heard that there was any universatiy around but he didn't know the city very well.

"My name is Calvin Freeman I just moved to the city from nyka, Your the first student of arcane i have seen, so I though that i would introduce my self"

Calvin shot the man a simle trying to show that he was friendly.Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Journal

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Tiberius Bayle on December 13th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Tiberius watched the boy like a hawk, specifically his eyes. He watched as the boy looked him over, and as the boy introduced himself. His name was Calvin. Calvin Freeman. An interesting name. Freeman. That such a name might be taken could indicate a past slave, or the descendant of one. It was curious, but irrelevant.

"I am Tiberius." No need to give his full name. Information was power, and a first name was enough.

This Calvin had professed to being a student of Djed. Tiberius wondered what sort of wizard he was. A Reimancer? A shielder? Or maybe a summoner. These were the disciplines he studied. Perhaps he was a morpher. Or a voider. Really he could be any number of things, so there was no point in speculating. Might as well ask.

"So...Calvin. You introduced yourself because I am the first Wizard you have seen. And you claim to be one as well. What disciplines do you study? And surely there must have been more to your reasoning for introducing yourself. Am I correct?" The boy intrigued Tiberius, but only slightly. Perhaps there was something to be gained here. Perhaps not. Perhaps he was just some foolish streetside magician. The sort that did card tricks, and pulled things out of hats. Despicable, to call that magic.
Tiberius Bayle
Student of the Arcane

Words: 7528
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 4:06 pm
Character sheet

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Calvin Freeman on December 13th, 2011, 10:11 pm

Calvin was not one for words he didn't want to tell Tiberius his profession not now not that he would even believe calvin. He wished for some way to show Tiberius but had no materials at hand. Calvin wondered if Tiberius would even accept him as a student of djed. Most people just saw alchemy as a form of magical herbology, not that they were wrong i mean all calvin did was turn things from one substance to another. Calvin did however, do something amazing so he wiped this thought from his mind.

"I am an unusual student of djed. I force djed through my body and out into the earth. I combine materials and create new substances. I uniquely must follow the rules of science and matter, but I posses a skill that may only dream of if they have heard of it. I my good sir am an Alchemist at your service happy to help."

With this calvin bowed to the wizard
. Image
Calvin Freeman
Preforming Alchemist

Words: 36659
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2011, 1:04 am
Character sheet
Journal

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Haeli on December 14th, 2011, 8:46 am

Haeli smiled politely at the two people she was just speaking too as they bid her farewell and roamed on to the next booth. She offered her own well wishes and hopes to them that they had luck. Talking to strangers was hard for her, but the faire was good practice regardless. Even if they weren't looking for jobs, talking to people she didn't know helped her through her shyness and skittishness around humans. That were asking her about what the shop sold, not necessarily what jobs were available, was comforting to Haeli was well since. Leaning back in her chair she'd just turned, bent, then stretched to pick up a small journal and its inkpot so she add a few notes too it. She always added the ides

That's when she'd seen him, paused to stare, then watched with interest, never suspecting he'd give her the time of day. When he approached, she thought for a moment that she'd done something wrong in watching him. She glanced down, getting very busy with her writing suddenly, and jumped slightly when he spoke.

People merited taking notes.. the warriors walking among them merited even more. Haeli laid aside her writing materials at the Shinya's words. She carefully lifted her eyes once more, nodded, and politely. "I'm Haeli. Is everything alright? Why would the faire need guarding?" She asked, bold but childlike all at the same time. "Yes, I sell plants, but mostly I grow them because I love them and then take only what I need from them without harming them for the other things in my shop - perfumes, incense, medicine, things like that." She concluded, and then smiled.

"I've never met one of the ones who guard. It is good that you do what you do. Most people are so unaware of how dangerous the world really is."
She said softly, then offered him a shy smile. "Would you like one? If you take it home... it will brighten your living space. How about a mint or perhaps a bay laural? Both are good for cooking. They give flavors." Haeli said softly, gesturing to the small potted plants as she named them.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Lu Gavima on December 14th, 2011, 9:23 am

Upon approach, he could see that perhaps the attention she had given him was not meant to be noticed. She seemed out of place, though he couldn't quite put his finger on why. Something in the way she moved or looked around, as if something might fly in and scoop her away at any moment.

"I'm Haeli. Is everything alright? Why would the faire need guarding?"

Lu could not restrain the grin spreading across his face. Her attention was fully upon him now and she clearly wanted an answer. " I am an Acolyte of the Shinya. I have not received my Awakening by Zintila to become a full Shinya yet. The faire probably does not need guarding, but someone must be posted as it is a public event. It is my place to do so, so that the proper Shinya can focus their efforts on defense of the City. " So, he did busywork. But when one was an Acolyte, their entire life was busy and it was never scoffed at or taken for granted. Becoming a full Shinya was tantamount.

"Yes, I sell plants, but mostly I grow them because I love them and then take only what I need from them without harming them for the other things in my shop - perfumes, incense, medicine, things like that."

Placing his hands behind him in a polite fashion, Lu could only admire the plants, though his eyes would constantly make their way back to their caretaker. "Balance is required for all things to flourish. How would you take things from the plants without harming them? It sounds like a delicate process."
Not that she was not capable of delicate maneuvers, but her very essence seemed more...feral? He couldn't quite make a judgment, so he didn't.

"I've never met one of the ones who guard. It is good that you do what you do. Most people are so unaware of how dangerous the world really is."

Lu smiled again, finding his words about Shinya and Lhavit coming much cleaner and freely than any sort of conversation he might try to stumble through otherwise. " Zintila and Her city protect me, feed me, clothe me, and shelter me. It is my duty to protect and provide for it in turn. It is a very natural process for all of the Shinya as well as the rest of the citizens. We work hard because we must in order to survive and flourish." The mention of his life's work calmed him. But why was he not calm? There was certainly some kind of turbulence within him. Perhaps it was due to the looming rest period and meditation. His eyes set back on Haeli, whose shy smile only aggravated the sensation growing within him.

"Would you like one? If you take it home... it will brighten your living space. How about a mint or perhaps a bay laurel? Both are good for cooking. They give flavors."

Her tone and features had softened somehow with the mention of each plant in turn. No Shinya or Lhavitian ever turned down a gift. Smiling, he nodded, his fingers reaching out and lightly letting the soft leaf of the mint slide between them. Drawing his fingers away, he sniffed at them, nodding in agreement. "I would be happy to take one, though our living spaces at the Shinyama Pavilion are small. I will make room. Thank you. Unfortunately, I have no skill in cooking, as the monastery provides our meals. Perhaps I could come to your shop and learn how to use these spices properly?" He generated no ill will, as he had none. He did have this strange sensation in his body, however. He would meditate on it soon enough.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Haeli on December 15th, 2011, 8:24 am

He was indeed astute to notice her discomfort, even though she tried to hide it. When he told her of what he was, the blankness in her gaze gave him a clue she had no recognition of what a shinya was or indeed what an Acolyte's status might be. It sounded important to Haeli, so she inclined her head respectfully, but there was still a hint of confusion on her face. She frowned slightly, tilted her head, and within moments he could tell she was the type of person that had no sense of guarding her own expression for her thoughts were almost clear cut upon her face. He could tell the way she paused that she reviewed what he said and tried to make sense of it.

"You are in training for the Shinya then... just learning, but still helping regardless. I'm not sure what they do, but the Shinya sound important. That is good to know that even now you are vigilant. Cities are dangerous, even here in Lhavit, because people are unpredictable. If there were no people, they'd be better, but then again they'd not exactly be cities." She said softly, letting her hair fall across one half of her face. There was a feralness to her even though her words were well spoken. It was almost as if she knew how to speak, but wasn't used to doing so often.

Haeli smiled at his question. She plucked a small potted mint from the table and set it out where he could see it clearly. "Plants are not people. They grow healthy by spreading and dividing. If I were to need this mint, instead of taking all the leaves I need from one plant, I'd pluck one from this plant, and another leaf from another plant, a third leaf from a third plant, spreading out the harvest but leaving the plant healthy regardless. The plant will gladly give me a few of its leaves in exchange for water, fertilizer, and the warmth of the sun even in winter." Haeli explained, her voice soft, filled with the passion of her profession. Her eyes roamed up from the mint and took in his stance, curious about him. He seemed patient, and stood as if he could stand a vigil for a long long while. Haeli wasn't that sort. She was restless, constantly needing to be moving and always feeling sitting silent made her a target.

She nodded at his words about how Lhavit fed and clothed him. She smiled, for he spoke as if the city was a tangible thing, living, breathing... as if it were alive.

Haeli liked him. She liked the way he talked and the softness of his words and his seemingly quiet dedication. "If you do not cook, I will give you something that someone who does not cook would enjoy." She stood then, rummaged around behind the table, and pulled out an Aloe plant. It was a small one but nevertheless it looked vibrant and green. "This is Aloe. It will sooth wounds of the skin, rashes, burns, and anything else that might come from someone who is a protector. It does not have the power to cure large things, but it gives comfort to small itches, burns, and irritations. Perhaps it would be more suited to someone like you rather than a mint. You simply break off a spear, split the skin open, and use the tissue inside to rub on the place you need soothed." Haeli said, offering him the small potted plant. The way she gave it made him understand she wanted no payment nor trade for anything regardless of any protest he'd make.

"And if you'd like to come to my shop, I'd make time to talk with you about plants. I am always among them and working with them so it would be no imposition." Haeli assured him. Was he offering friendship? Haeli hoped so. She desperately needed more friends. Lhavit was a lonely place without them, and they were indeed about the same age.

"So when you are not working, what sorts of things do you like doing? The word... eludes me. Leisure time activities... hobby? Yes.. what sort of hobbies do you do? Maybe we could trade hobbies. My plants for your interests?" She asked, cautiously extending friendship.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Lhavit Job Faire (Open)

Postby Lu Gavima on December 15th, 2011, 9:53 am

"You are in training for the Shinya then... just learning, but still helping regardless. I'm not sure what they do, but the Shinya sound important. That is good to know that even now you are vigilant. Cities are dangerous, even here in Lhavit, because people are unpredictable. If there were no people, they'd be better, but then again they'd not exactly be cities."

Lu let the words linger in his ears and then meander around his mind for a moment, allowing the thought of a city with no people settle like the flavor of a Star Fruit. "I would not know about other cities, as I have lived here all of my life. The Shinya act as Zintila's and thereby Lhavit's guardians. I, as all Acolytes, look forward to the day of Awakening when my true purpose will be revealed to me by Zintila." His chest swelled with pride as he imagined the looming mouth of the Starlit Cave. His attention returned to Haeli, who was smiling, of course. Her soft voice and nimble fingers were describing the gentle harvest of plants. Lu nodded, relaxing his posture slightly, as he listened to her explanation.

"If you do not cook, I will give you something that someone who does not cook would enjoy."

He waited as she turned and rummaged through her belongings, his eyes naturally appreciating her form. Plenty of exercise, that one. It caused him to look about the area briefly, wondering if a window had been closed. It was probably just a warm draft. She returned with a small plant in a pot, its leaves thick and hearty. It looked edible, but just barely. Fortunately, her masterful explanation of Aloe and its use calmed his stomach. He would have probably eaten it anyway, just to be polite. A kind woman as herself would surely not poison him. He took the plant and bowed fully to her, his eyes locked into her own until the movement was complete. He placed it on the table before him as he listened to her.

"And if you'd like to come to my shop, I'd make time to talk with you about plants. I am always among them and working with them so it would be no imposition."

This invitation made Lu's face light up. He was happy at the thought of a friend who was not dressed in robes. Plants were plenty interesting, as he could surely think of many applications for only the one he had been shown. Besides that, her company would brighten the room as much as her flowers ever could.

"So when you are not working, what sorts of things do you like doing? The word... eludes me. Leisure time activities... hobby? Yes.. what sort of hobbies do you do? Maybe we could trade hobbies. My plants for your interests?"

His nod continued, as his mind had not quite wrapped around the idea of leisure, hobbies, invitations and especially women. He realized he was staring silently and stopped nodding, his face searching itself for an answer. "Well, to be honest, my only hobby is to train. It is the duty of all Shinya and especially Acolytes to train their bodies, minds and spirits, but I especially enjoy myself when I am training, either with a weapon, my body, or with Projection."

Bowing before her again, though this time in a more formal sense and not as deeply, he placed his hands together. "Allow me to demonstrate." His eyes fluttered closed as his body naturally flowed into the breathing rhythms of meditation. He reflexively began to move and stretch the muscles in his left arm, preparing it for separation. He lowered his head and separated his hands, his right remaining fixed before him, one finger pointing upward. His left drooping at the wrist as its astral counterpart began to wriggle free.

Soon his elbow and shoulder followed suit, leaving his left arm hanging limply at his side to Haeli, an astral arm flexing in Lu's vision. Focusing on the plant, his body turned slightly and she might even notice his shoulder going through the motions of grasping. He watched his astral hand grip the plant, feeling the sensation of the contact without feeling it in a tactile sense. His eyes narrowed at the plant as he grasped the pot and lifted it slightly, giving the appearance of it floating a few inches off the table. "This is what I do in my leisure time. I would be honored to visit you at your store and help you however I can, friend."

Focus and Projection often put Lu in such a state, his mind and heart clear. Whatever the case, the same focus certainly had cooled the room, which was nice.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous