The Day of Revival (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Re: The Day of Revival (Open)

Postby As'Fien on March 29th, 2010, 3:42 am

"Well... Glyphs can store things... tricky things that can blow up an entire room... the worst I can do with these cards is give bad news."

She tilted her head slightly to the other side as she raised her eyebrows and blinked. Seeming to pay half-attention to Tsavin, she looked around behind him as the rain poured outside of her tent. Konti weren't that common of a sight around here, and particularly if her sister with that sword was around, she'd be like a bluebird in front of a red rose. With everyone moving about outside, however, it was a little tricky for her to pinpoint the white-haired drill sergeant.

"As'Fien... just that. Some people call me the Sanguine Seer. They call me other things too, but they aren't nice to repeat... not everyone, though. Just a few select individuals. I... tend to space off a bit sometimes... Deathless, eh?..."

It was then, she realized she forgot his name. Her attention went back to him as she started snapping her fingers over and over trying to remember. Squinting hard, it was like trying to grasp at straws to remember his first name.

"... Drat. Sav... Savlen? I know I have the 'v' right, but something about the beginning doesn't feel right. Deathless is easy enough to remember, though... not proper to call you by your last name all the time. Saven? Oh... I'm sorry."

She blushed slightly, leaving a pink hue across her blue-freckled cheeks. Placing her long fingered hand on her flushed cheek, she looked away from him sheepishly and wrinkled her nose. It was a demure look with a tinge of a pleading tone, as if asking for forgiveness from her blunder. Though she wasn't beautiful and graceful in the stereotypical sense of a Konti, her cute 'oops' moments made her attractive. Konti around here knew they were worth a lot and were often picky and prim. No, she was a sweet and slightly twisted girl with an eccentric streak. By no means was she normal, but for all the right reasons.
As'Fien
Player

Words: 19791
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2010, 2:06 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Tsavin on March 29th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Tsavin laughs at the remark about glyphs, nodding his head a bit. "Well, thats true. But from what I understand, unless you already know how to blow something up, you shouldn't have to worry about any glyphs doing that. But don't worry, I won't tell them about my magic if you think it's a bad idea." Tsavin waits patiently when he notices As'Fien is no longer paying attention, assuming she was looking for the other konti she mentioned. He can't help but give her the once over while she's not looking though, and a little smile plays across his face. She was cute, and seemed to have a liking for trinkets. The braids in her hair were a nice touch, reminding him a bit of the weaves the Drykas women used to wear in their hair back at the pavilion, albeit far less complex.

When she begins stumbling over his name he laughs again. "Its okay, you've pretty much got it. It's pronounced Sah-vin. There's a T at the front, but thats silent. You can call me Sav if you like, or Vin. I'll answer to either one." He flashes her another smile and meets eyes with her for a moment before looking away.

"So... this Kavala. Is she a fortune teller like you, or should I be expecting something different?"
So... My house was broken into while I was on vacation. Several valuables were stolen including my xbox, tv, my favorite sword, and obviously.. my computer. That's why I haven't posted in a while. Got a new computer now.. So I'm back. Will resume posting ASAP
Tsavin
Player

Words: 10200
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 3:31 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Hatot on April 1st, 2010, 6:17 am

Within the third tier of the city, specifically in the Kulkukan Tavern, a storm of a different kind was brewing as a couple of men came running out of the tavern’s entrance and an echo of laughter slipped out from within. Within the tavern, the red lanterns cast light down to the tavern as guests laughed over the site of a single Akalak sitting along three sailors who had come to port, his back against the wall. Many had already drank their fill, inebriation fueling their senses of humor.

Radris dangled a bottle between this thumb and index finger as he looked down when one of them let out a light groan. His fist closed as he dropped it along the sailors head, rendering him unconscious once again. “You lightweights should have stayed on the boat if all you wanted was to drink yourselves into a fight,” Radris said with a slight grunt before a long pull from the bottle he held was taken.

Radris then slowly looked up towards the tall Akalak tender of the bar, who stared down at him with a disapproving glare. “What, Nystir? They’re all still alive.” Radris commented in an attempt to defend himself.

“Not in the tavern, never in the tavern.” Nystir replied, keeping his voice just below shouting level. His usual friendly demeanor slightly altered by the ruckus Radris had allowed to develop within his tavern. “Out.”

“Fine, fine, fine,” Radris said, pushing himself off the beaten sailors. “You want me to drag them out of here?”

“The city guards will handle that, you’ve already broken two tables.” Nystir said as he began dragging a broom over the debris. “I expect compensation.”

“Send Hatot the bill,” Radris then said in a lower tone, so only Nystir could hear, ”he’ll take care of it.”

“As long as one of you do.” Nystir simply replied as he gave Radris nudges towards the door with his broom.

Radris simply moved along, a slight limp in his left leg. The wound from a previous battle still sore. “I’m going, I’m going,” Radris said to Nystir’s persuasions. He may not of liked how Nystir kept doing so, but the bartender, despite his friendly nature, was still an Akalak that even Radris felt was someone that shouldn’t be pushed to a corner. Considering the man had sixty years experience over Radris, it was a safe assumption that Radris was correct in his feelings.

Radris soon pushed the front door to the tavern open, stepping back into the city. His head slowly leaned back as drops of rain repeatedly pelted him on his face. Radris held out his free hand, opening it up to the falling rains while his other hand kept hold of his bottle, using his thumb to cover the mouth to prevent rain from getting in. “Huh.” Radris simply commented. “Guess the city will be living it up today.”

Please, do not upset me. I would hate to unintentionally rip your throat out in a fit of rage.
Hatot
The Edge Walker

Words: 301214
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2010, 8:12 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Kavala on April 2nd, 2010, 7:06 pm

She tucked her legs up under her on the bench, much like a child would, and continued nibbling at the meat. It was spicy without being overly so, coated with a thick tangy sauce that permeated what she thought was beef, though she couldn't be sure. It tasted so good she ate it slowly, enjoying each bite. A cloak draped her shoulders, though the hood was back so her wet hair was plastered to her skull. A picture of misery, Kavala was actually fairly comfortable as she watched what she thought was a street dance take place further down the winding road that hugged the third tier. There were obviously more men than women, but the drumming was excellent and so too was the show of athleticism. Idly she wondered why the rain didn't ruin the drums of their moods. Surface dwellers, like the Akalak or even like humans, tended to despise the rain.

People passed by, some she nodded too recognizing, some she simply offered a smile. It was an interesting celebration and Kavala enjoyed it as a stranger would watching as if outside a window staring into another culture. Licking the last of one skewer clean, she tucked the now clean plain wooden stick into her pocket and started on the other skewer. She was hungry since she'd skipped breakfast and the meat was hitting the spot.

A little later, when more of the shops had opened and people got a little more tipsy, she'd go shopping in the impromptu market to see what vendors had set up shop and what unusual wares they might have. For now though, she was content to nibble, watch people pass by, and observe the world from the sidelines. It was a place she was well used to occupying.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Charon on April 3rd, 2010, 2:32 am

As the day lingered on, more people emerged from corners of the city in droves to soak up the cool water falling from the gray skies looming overhead. The attitude among the Akalak was of course jovial and the cheer spread to the humans and all other inhabitants as well. The conversations were delightful and smiles were passed to pure strangers on a whim. The Akalak had not been this happy in quite some time. For the most part, the general ambiance could hardly be improved.

From the vendors selling fresh meat, the harvesters providing amble wheats and grains they knew would be replenished this year, the unique tents such as fortune tellers, and those spending their time becoming drunk with company, it seemed as though all was right within the serene city of Riverfall. Though the sounds of laughter, music, and children filled the air and was scented by roasting meats, smoking vegetables, and other incenses, a loud rumble could be heard generated from the lowest tier of the city. Masses of blue tinted people started forming a loose circle around a couple central figures as they cheered and celebrated, working their way up through the city.

Reaching the second tier and gathering a countless number of people of mostly blue complexion peppered with lighter shades, the masses traveled toward the Knirin Gardens. More people started to follow the group as they passed resulting in an increasingly growing mob of followers. Sparking the curiosity of more humans and other Akalak alike, more rushed toward the gardens simply to see what in the world the commotion was about. The rains beat down harder and much more feverishly as the group passed but this natural phenomenon was either disregarded or simply written off and accepted as none were deterred from this great following.

The party, now a mass consisting of as many citizens of Riverfall that could fit in the surrounding areas, was approaching the Knirin Gardens where the rain kept pouring even harder to the point where it could almost be described as violent. The Bluevein River was noticeably swelling, breaching the banks that typically had no problems containing the powerfully strong currents. The falls dumped into the Knirin Gardens with a force creating those near the misty base to feel it under their feet. Consequently, the next ridge for the falls to plummet closer to the Suvan Sea was overwhelmed with a greater volume than usually rushed downward. Fathers were keeping younger children away from the river at all costs, knowing all too well how easily a single slip could rip the life from their young bodies.

Even considering the dangerous currents, the deafening roar of the falls coupled with the violent rain, and the inherent risks involved with having so many people forming a mob to get a closer glimpse of the ongoing commotion, people still kept rushing to the scene. Whatever was happening was apparently something incredible that would not want to be missed. As more people arrived, sudden cheers were sent flying into the air as people would glance around at each other sharing smiles before turning their attention back to the center of the mass of Riverfall citizens.
| - Riverfall - | - Akalak - | - Starting Guide - |

Charon
Fiendish Ferryman

Words: 99186
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2010, 1:36 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous