[Wind Reach Quest] The Deepwoods Riddle (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Aidara on June 2nd, 2011, 3:30 am

"Nice to meet you, Aryen. I am Aidara, but I'd rather you call me Addy." And she continued to beam down at him. He was attractive, that's for sure, and she never failed to appreciate beauty when it was offered before her. Telling Sira this silently, the healer contained a giggle. She liked boys.

"Addy, I figured by now you understood that Sira had to change before you climbed on her back. I wonder sometimes if it was worth saving you from that bear!"

"Snarkity snark snark." Sticking out her tongue at Kovac and shifting her weight around some more, undoubtedly causing Sira to readjust her grip on the small woman, Addy turned towards Kovacs voice. "How's the arm, Fangs?" She thought her nickname was terribly clever, since the Avora had almost died due to a snake bite on the same trip as the bear attack. Addy opened her mouth to add onto the end of her retort, but Sira cut across their banter as she outlined what she knew.

Addy nodded from behind the Kevlic's left ear, leaning forward over her shoulder now, facing Aryen, as the woman finished. "I know exactly what she knows. In fact, the message I received had very little detail in it at all. People take the telepathy thing for-granted. 'Meet in the Courtyard of the Sky. Sira will meet you there among others. She had more instruction.'" Addy mimed reading off a slip of paper, then crumpled the imaginary sheet up and threw it over her shoulder. "Just cause she can read my mind and stuff doesn't mean I don't deserve important letters full of information as well!" Though she sounded indignant, Addy let the smile she contained slip at the corners of her mouth, which curled with her amusement.

"I do have to agree though. We seem pretty well equipped for whatever is out there to eat us. It should be scared. Very scared." Another smile, and Addy picked out a strand of Sira's hair to twirl around her finger. "Do you think we ought to wait here, or start heading out?" However Addy paused and did a quick headcount. "Two per eagle. Vala is tiny, so she only really counts as half a person." Wanting to include the all but silent chiet, Addy smiled down at her and winked. "I am all for hurrying along and seeing what is in store, though." And as she waited for the groups response, Addy slid down from Sira's back and bounced impatiently in place on the balls of her heels.

OOCSorry for the wait! I was moving :)

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayren on June 2nd, 2011, 9:53 pm

Ayren smiled as he responded to Addy's greeting with a quiet nice to meet you. She seemed nice enough, and she was really quite pretty. He did wonder though as Addy gave Sira a look as if they were sharing some private joke.

As the other hunter came up, Ayren vaguely recognized him as someone he had seen around, but never talked to. It was clear that he and Addy knew each other because the instant they were in speaking range, they started to joke with one another. He laughed inwardly as he watched Sira cut off Addy, and he could tell that if she hadn't Addy and the hunter could have been at it all day. When the hunter, Kovac Sira had called him, nodded in his direction, he returned with a nod of his own so as to nod interrupt Sira.

He was disappointed that she didn't know much more than he did. Apparently this message had gone out to quite a few people, but none had really got the in-depth message on what they were supposed to be doing, although Sira at least had a little more information that he did. Ayren listened with interest and she mused over why they were all there. It did make sense in a way, although he didn't know if Vala was actually part of the party yet. She hadn't introduced herself to being part of the mission, but having a scribe along to document things did make sense, so he understood that. Both Sira and Addy made sense, especially is Addy was a healer. That would become invaluable if this turned out to be something nasty. If Kovac was a hunter, well that made just as much sense, because knowing that land would help in figuring out what was going on.

Ayren listened as Addy ranted a little about not getting the same letter as Sira. He laughed a little as she pantomimed reading, and then throwing away the letter. Then she went on to ask when they were heading out. She seemed a little impatient, but Ayren could see that was just part of her personality. She didn't seem one to like to stand around discussing, when they could be out doing. Thinking on a response for a moment, Ayren replied with, "Heading out sounds good. It's not like we can figure out what's going out there if we're still in the city." Then Ayren paused for a moment, thinking of the more practical nature of the adventure. "Although we should probably get things together for camping. Something makes me think that this is going to take more than one day to solve..." He trailed off as he began to wonder what could possibly be going on out there in the forest.
Ayren
Player

Words: 35042
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 8:30 pm
Character sheet

Postby Vala on June 5th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Half a person? Half a person! If Sira hadn’t paid her a ludicrous amount for her work a few days ago, she would have probably resented the woman more, but even still, she was instantly put into a petulant mood. She crossed her arms and began to pout like a yasi. It wasn’t that she was actually feeling the sting of the blunt reminder of her frail stature, but more on the pride she was compelled to have as an Inarta. Basically her reaction was all for show.

Vala still had no idea what was going on and the talk of adventure and the wilderness was really starting to make her worry. “Eat us?” Vala tried to mull over the thought, it wasn’t going over so well. She loved a good adventure, but she also loved her body parts... every single chunk.

Being surrounded by older, more experienced people also wasn’t helping her situation. The two Endals made her feel inferior. Kovac, while nice, still made her wary. Only Ayren was of her lowly caste. She wanted to ask what was going on, so badly, but a lifetime of subordination had taught her to talk only when spoken to, especially when they were in the middle of a conversation. She would have asked Ayren, since he seemed to know what was going on, but she was still a little star struck. She clamped her mouth shut, just waiting for someone just to tell her what to do... just like they always did. Her bright blue eyes darted from face to face, trying to get more clues from their facial expressions while the talked. So far all she had gotten was excitement from the hunters, from the bright gleam in their eyes. Even Ayren wasn’t showing any signs of fear, though he did trail off when he began talking about business. This all made Vala feel a little better, but by no means secure.

OOC :
Are we waiting for Goss to post before we go out to the wilderness?
For Me to Know, And You to Find Out

VPVCSMPMOAPACS
Vala
Crimson Beauty

Words: 439124
Joined roleplay: February 17th, 2011, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Kovac on June 7th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Kovac worked the rest of the chewy candy down his throat and, slipping the knife from the sheath at his side, picked the rest of the sticky taffy from his teeth. He listened curiously as the rest of the group discussed the mission, trying to determine what information they had about the trip.

Kovac kept silent, unwilling to divulge what he knew, because...he knew nothing. They had all assumed he had been assigned to accompany them. Truth was, he had no concept of what was going on, having simply stopped by to see what the happenings were. When Sira had asked if he had received a message, the archer simply mumbled something through the wad of candy in his mouth to disguise his ignorance.

But, as he listened, the avora became intrigued. Shayth herself had been assigned on a long hunt with a rather attractive rider, a mission he was sure Sairque had arrange just to aggravate him. Languishing in the Aeries was not as fun alone, especially when sulking. A touch of adventure was long overdue. It had been a while since a deadly animal had bitten him.

So the poser assumed the role of the hunter, stood a bit taller and spoke with confidence. "Agreed, we should get going. Ayren...it is Ayren right?" Kovac's tone dropped as he leaned towards the woodsman for confirmation, "Where and when should we meet you?"
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 13th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Character: Sira
Experience: Organization +2, Leadership +2
Lore: Being Summoned for Duty, The Ability to Anticipate The Valintar's Thoughts

Character: Aidara
Experience: Organization +1, Leadership +1
Lore: Being able to tease one's bondmate like a pro.

Additional Note: This is what the thread is worth so far for the two of you since everyone else is retired. If you'd like, we can CONTINUE the thread, for more XP, but with just you Addy and Sira. Let me know.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous