[Eri's Scrapbook] The Loony Bin :)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Eridanus on January 16th, 2012, 12:20 pm

My muse returns. NaNo Eri is back. All Hail.

EDIT: Anyone else whom I'm owing replies please do let me know. I have so many threads, some may be lost in the clutter.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Eridanus on January 18th, 2012, 5:00 pm

I spent an unproductively large amount of time in Chat that i could have spent replying Almech, Kale and Nyansnake -.-

*shakes fists at how fun chat is*
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on January 22nd, 2012, 5:36 am

Developing insane ideas for Alvadas is crazy-fun.

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on January 24th, 2012, 7:03 am

Hooray! I got some questions answered by Tarot, and I'll copy-and-paste the whole thing wholesale to share my knowledge with yall~

Questions

1) What is the difference in magnitude of pull/push one can assign to a portal? (a prod? black hole?)

2) How would one's proficiency affect this? (masters easily summoning said blackhole?)

3) How would the "highly reduced version of Aquiras' Watchtowers" ie teleporting system work for voiding? Wouldn't you require two master voiders at two seperate locations to open a portal to the same djed-charged anchor in order to form this link? This means that it would be impossible for a single mage to teleport to another location right? Please correct me here if I've understood this wrongly.

4) I've read Hadrian's magecrafting threads, and he used music after initiating with a charged hammer. The wiki did not specify the magecrafting process after said charged hammer, so is one allowed to do anything (play the flute, beatbox, tap-dance) as long as it could somehow be explained? (like hadrian using the 'djed harmony' or something to explain his use of music to magecraft)

5) The wiki says that it takes a few days for say, a competent to MC a >1 weapon. Why would it take so long? Would the time be because of preparation? Or the actual MC process? (playing the flute for 3 days?!) More details on this would be nice :3

6) Regarding the basic and elaborate magical labs in the price list. When you buy them do they support any form of world magic? Or do you have to specify "i want a magecraft magic lab" or "i want an animation magic lab"? I see that there is a separate entry for alchemy labs, but what about the rest of world magic that require a lab?

7) On the issue of labs, why does magecrafting require the lab? Specifics would be great. For example, maybe magecrafting requires a lab as it needs a (random stuff follows...) gravity-stabilized pedestal to hold the item there, customized djed-filters for djed radiation during the process, positron accelerators to charge the electron hammer, (blah blah pseudo-magiscience)... well you get the idea. I know the wiki says stuff like "instruments like xxx to inspect aura" but specifics would be nice

Answers

1) Depends on level, portal size, type of pull and push, and also on the amount of time on hand. Selective portals have less pull (but on the other hand you might just manage not to get sucked in yourself). The larger the portal, the less pull because you're focusing your energies just on keeping it open. I don't know about blackholes, but a master could manage a small hurricane-strength vacuum cleaner in a room if the portal wasn't too big. There might even be depressurization issues.

2) I wouldn't say 'easily', but what I said in 1) holds. Gentle breeze / strong wind / hurricane level suction, probably.

3) No, one Voider can make both portals, then moves one by other means (or he himself relocates and opens the second portal.) A good Voider can keep two portals open at the same time. Both portals share the same anchor, so you are basically spending zero time in the Void. Aquiras owns all portals, hence the similarities. The watchtower system is much more advanced, though, with actual pockets of "borderline" space that act as ramps onto the cosmic highway.

4) I know, the Magecraft article is dreadfully vague (it was one of the very first). In general, I let players come up with their unique ways of crafting, as long as they respect the tables. Hadrian's sounds very nifty to me, but by no means the only way!

5) Please refer to 4). As far as I'm concerned you could use magic lodestones to chip away at an item's Djed field for the required amount of days. As long as it sounds plausible and the process takes the amount of time and resources listed on the page, it's probably fine.

6) I think those are generic labs that could count towards any discipline, maybe with a little effort towards customizing them... but of course you'd have to ask Gillar as he maintains the price list. :)

7) With 4) and 5) you answered your own question. ;) Really, I'm not here to dictate every little thing about the process. It'd take forever and would shackle players needlessly. Usually, someone more invested in the skill tends to be more motivated to add the details and ends up doing a better job.

Thank you so much Tarot for the clarifications :D

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on February 1st, 2012, 3:30 pm

Damn you Paragon for your insane dedication to Zeltiva! You have infected me with ZD (Zeltiva-Developmentamania) and I'm not only neglecting writing for Eri I am procrastinating from my draft writeups for Alvadas Development. Damn your infectious enthusiasm, Paragon!

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on February 1st, 2012, 3:40 pm

I hear ZD is catchy ;)
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Eridanus on February 6th, 2012, 12:50 pm

I'll be a little slow in replying in order to catch up on both sleep and schoolwork... so to all my RP partners bear with me for a little while!

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on February 20th, 2012, 3:32 am

Finally found the time to do 8 replies and cleared quite a good portion of my backlog of owed posts! W00tz~~

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyam on February 29th, 2012, 2:16 pm

8 replies... you're a genius :idea:

even in french I could not have done that.

Respect! :

Exams period, sorry for all the people who are waiting for me!
Lyam
Silenced by the night

Words: 88344
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2012, 3:11 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Eridanus on February 29th, 2012, 2:25 pm

Nope, just really determined xD I can't see the image for some reason o_O

Eridanus

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext