Craving Company [Open]

Only in the solace of his dreams may this isur find companionship.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on December 29th, 2011, 2:43 am

Kendall frowned slightly at the two men. It seemed neither of them were going to get along. Rorugir seemed too huffy and Coren seemed too defensive. It seemed as though she would be the peace keeper.

"Kay'lan was short, at least by generic human standards. About 5'6, no more than 5'7. He had dark hair that was past his ears which shined purple. His eyes usually were purple, although they changed." Kendall hated to think of it but in truth, Kay'lan looked just like any other Vantha out there. Of course, no girl wanted to admit that about her boyfriend, even her ex.

Kendall turned to Rorugir. "Not clans, Holds. Correct me if I am wrong Coren." She bit her lip as she thought. "Kay'lan told me there were multiple holds, each with a different specialty. How many are there Coren?" She was sure Kay'lan had told her at some point but she seemed to have forgotten them.

The girl looked out to the water with a smile. "Do you two like to swim?" She would have loved to but she would have to get her dress all wet. It hardly seemed appropriate to shed her clothing for her undergarments before two men she hardly knew.

She walked closer to the water, letting it lap over her toes. "It is pretty rocky on the shores where I am from. We can swim but the beach is all stone. It's much nicer here where there is actual sand." The sky seemed calm. Calm enough for a swim if the men wanted to take the opportunity. "What about you guys? Do you have beaches at home?"
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Coren on January 2nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

As kendall further described her boyfriend coren had to shake his head. “No, I can not put a name and face to that description, to many snowsong look like that. Don't know the name either as I am not from the snowsong hold, not very social by myself either. People do not have stomach for good pranks these days.” He followed up the last sentence with a confused shrug, honestly not seeing any trouble himself with throwing an entire heap of snow on unwitting passerby's.

As he had been answering suddenly the short isur let its voice be heard again, with the question if the vantha had clan's of some sorth, before he could begin try and form the sentences in common the woman gave a quick answer, telling that they didn't have clans but they had holds,with each hold having a speciality.
“Yes that right, Kendall. And there are seven differen't holds. We have the iceglazes, who specialize in building and mining. They are the ones who keep the city in shape. There are the coolwaters who are the fishers and boaters, there are the Frostfawn, master of animals, if they can not tame an animal it cannot be tamed by anybody. We also have the whitevines, healers for both animals and vantha. The winterflames, they are the cooks and farmers of the city, we then have the snowsongs who are the musicians of avanthal and lastly we have the skyglows they are the artisans.” Coren quickly summed up the holds. “And no rorugir, I'm not a snowsong. I was born in the skyglow hold. Though not many people from that hold would really like that I spread that fact around.” He offhandly mentioned before giving kendall a weird look as she brought up swimming.
“Well not really. I always enjoyed studying and reading more then physical activities to be honest and the water in avanthal is freezing cold, I'm only once marked by morwen I still can get frostbite.”

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Craving Company [Open]

Postby Rorugir on January 22nd, 2012, 10:33 pm

"Holds?" Rorugir asked with a strange inflection, his Sultrosian accent only too clear as he spoke the foreign word. He eyed his two companions askance. "What a strange word for a clan," he remarked offhandedly, "But I guess we all have our differences." Rorugir smirked as his left arm, glittering silver in the moonlight, rose to itch at a mark on his face.

The man, the Vantha spoke with more verve and skill in Common than he had attributed him. Rorugir watched him with interest as he spoke of the seven clans - no, Holds - of the Vantha, each word registered and stored for latter use. Rorugir summed it up in that one word he said all too often - "Fascinating."

He simply looked at Coren for a minute, his eyes working all along the foreign human but concentrating on the quicksilver colors of the man's iris the most. The changing eye colors fascinated him, teased him into discovering why they did it and how...

Rorugir blinked and looked at Kendall. "Beach?" he spoke with yet more disuse. "So that's what this is called..."

"...We don't have beaches in Sultros. We do have a couple of underground lakes, but those are for fishing, not swimming..." an odd expression filled Rorugir's face then, almost...regret? Oh, but it was gone in a moment. "...but no, no beaches." he finished in a mutter.

Rorugir took a step forward, standing next to Kendall in the tide. His feet were bare as well, and despite himself he gasped as an icy wave crashed over his toes. Perhaps it was the shock of the water but for a moment Rorugir chuckled, saying, "Well that was...interesting!" he smiled at Coren and Kendall then, pure and untouched by the sarcasm and bitterness of the homesick wanderer.

He paused then. The smile slid off his face as he turned to face Coren more directly. "Gnosis?" this word, though raised in question like the others, was pronounced quite clearly. "You have...a Gnosis?"
This is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Common...
...And this is Rorugir's speech when he speaks in Isur.
Rorugir
Lost child of Uluth.

Words: 120916
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 1:02 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous