Moving Forward, the Second Step (Alric and Ssafirsotibones)

As Alric Wilmot visits the Temple of Ionu to pray for his father, he meets the Dhani known as Bones

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 10th, 2012, 1:40 am

Alric could have rolled his eyes at Alvadas's quick change of scenery. Honestly, it was just getting lazy. Usually it would have at least transitioned. But to simply vanish and reappear as it did? How disappointing. However, as disappointed as Alric was at the sudden change, he was quickly filled with a much different emotion, queasiness. Although some may feel fear at being mugged, those some were not used to being mugged at least once a moon cycle.

This was not the first time unruly characters had saw fit to steal from him. Alric's attire often invited such persons. He had been able to turn many away using his hypnotism. And in fact, meant to do so here, until Bones pulled out his sword. It was unknown to Alric what type of sword it was. Alric had never bothered to learn the differences between swords, though he now wished he had. It put the daggers of their would-be-thieves to shame.

"What say you be smart, your goon here cant take on all of us. Hand over what you've got, and no one gets hurt."

Alric was confused at that statement. Goon? What goon was... Suddenly, realization came to him. They thought that Bones was the goon, and that he had been hired by Alric as a bodyguard. How, humorous. Alric, despite the dire situation thought that little bit or information quite funny, and let out a snicker of amusement.

The guards were confused at that, but remained in their positions. Bones had ignored it, and was inching forward, hissing all the while. Alric found Bones's behavior quite intimidating. And, it seemed, so too did the thieves. A thought occurred to Alric just then. He had used hypnotism to rid himself of muggers before. Why should he do so again? He lived to experience the new, not the same thing over and over. And, if he so happened to get over his head, Bones seemed capable of taking care of him. So, why not follow Bones's lead?

Alric, not liking the odds of three armed men, decided to do something about it. "Oh my! You four, don't look now but there are vipers within your grasp!"

They looked down, confused.

"What on earth is he-"

"Oh my! ugh, how revolting, slithering misshapen beasts, slithering all over your hands! How on earth can you bear it? Oh! oh no! they're biting now! Overly long venomous fangs piercing your skin, pumping your bodies full of their burning venom!

At that, three of the thugs dropped their weapons, yelping and holding their hands as they cursed and danced, trying to rid themselves of imaginary vipers. However, their leader seemed much more competent, and wielded a stronger mind. Still, the odds were now much better.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on January 14th, 2012, 12:04 am

Bones had been prepared to fight.... But what did happen caught him completely off guard. He had his blade at the ready, holding it up, when Alric said something about them being attacked by snakes...

Bones stood for a bit, listening as Alric tried to describe snakes to the men, when he clearly had not seen many, and did not know of them to well. How could he expect it to go well without knowing his subject?

So he was even more surprised when three of the men freaked out, dropping the weapons thinking they were viper snakes. This confused him, as there was nothing on them... And what was further, it was not an illusion, since he could not see it, and neither apparently could the leader of the thugs. So the only thing left was... Magic... Which meant Alric was using magic on the men to make them think they were being attacked by snakes...

And if that was true, maybe he had used magic on Bones also... Which fired Bones temper up even more, he did not like being controlled, and would be on the watch for further such things from Alric... But for know they were fighting some thugs, and there was still one left. He would take care of the last one, and then question Alric.

As Bones moved forward, the lead thug brought up his long knife, staring Bones down. Bones took his own gladius up defensively, which blocked the main slice of the blow, though it glanced off and the edge of the weapon nicked Bones shoulder lightly, though lucky for Bones it was only a shallow one. Totally focused on his enemy, he blocked another blow from the knife, this time stopping it in swing, using his strength to hold it in place. He kept pushing harder, until the man brought his other hand up, bearing down with both hands to match Bones' one hand.

Since he had a free hand, and both of the lead thugs were occupied, leaving it the perfect opening to attack. With a well placed punch to the mans gut with all of his force, the man let out a gasp, and dropped to all fours, the blade also falling out of his grasp. Bones swept one foot over the ground, knocking the blade out of reach.

Sensing he was in trouble, the man limped to his feet, still gasping for air, and run as fast as he could back towards his allies, and out of the alley, leaving his friends struggling with there imaginary snakes. Bones turned to Alric, to speak to him, giving him one of his well used intimidating glares. "Ssso, care to explain the sssnakesss?"
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 14th, 2012, 7:01 am

Alric raised an eyebrow at Bones's frightful gaze. He had just immobilized three men who wished them harm, and he was questioning Alric's motive? Granted he had not said anything outright about trust. However, it was implied within his tone of voice and Alric was quite used to the line of questioning. Very well, mused Alric, if Bones wished to know, Alric would reveal. Alric did not keep secrets, it was against a vow he had made long ago. He would never inhibit another's understanding by outright lying, no matter the situation. So long as one asked it of him, Alric would answer. Although, Alric paused before he did so.

Bones was a fearsome man, and might not take manipulation well. And so, Alric decided he would not reveal everything. Not unless he was asked that was. So, he gestured to Bones as he left the alley, allowing the three thwarted thugs on the ground, wrestling with their imaginary snakes. Bones might attack him from behind, but he seemed to have more honor than that. Alric proceeded to give Bones the answer he sought as he left the alley.

"I believe you already have a good idea of what I just did Mr.Bones. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd say the thought both frightened and angered you. I used magic, more specifically, the discipline known as Hypnotism." Alric paused, allowing Bones to soak up the information, or attack him, whichever it might be. When he did not attack him, much to Alric's relief, he continued. "It is a frighteningly powerful art if used correctly, as you just saw. But I assure you, I wield it with the utmost responsibility. It's my business, you see. My profession. I make a living using hypnosis to cure people of unwanted psychological trauma. It is my only manner of defense against miscreants as well, as you just witnessed."

Alric felt as though the explanation he had given was a poor one, and one that would hardly stave off the feelings of mistrust that were often brought up among those who learned of his abilities. So, he decided to help Bones understand the most effective way he could, using hypnotism. By the way hypnosis worked, one would not be immediately aware of its use. However, it would also be much weaker, due to Bones's awareness of the ability. Still, Alric thought it a safe bet. If Bones meant to harm him, then it was too late anyway. He sent to Bones a small thread of Djed, filling him with a slight emotion of ease, of calm. Anything to misplace the feelings of distrust that were surely there. Next, he laced his words. Using his magic to make them more believable. At the same time, he used his peripherals to spy a possible escape route, in case things got bad. Of course, that was rather useless, considering they were in Alvadas.

"So please, do not think ill of me for using the only gift i was given. As I was not gifted with your height, and muscle. Nor am I skilled with a blade or other physical means or protection. I do not know how to paint, or sing, or build, and so how would I make a living? Please, do not despise me for what Ionu has given me. I realize it may seem damning, but you must realize." Alric sent in a greater amount of Djed then, to strengthen his final words and clear them of any double meaning that Bones might find. "Within Alvadas, nothing is as it seems."
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on January 14th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Now that he knew the man had been using hypnotism on him, it of course made Bones suspicious, and much less susceptible to it... So when he felt a feeling of calm settle over him, it was quickly replaced by rage, as he knew in this situation he would certainly not feel calm.

Of course he also knew he had used magic, but he did not know that much of other disciplines. He had heard the name, but mostly only fanciful tales of what practitioners had done, which he was loath to take at face value as true. He did find the last bit a small bit funny, as if that was his only defense, then he was certainly not going to live very long...

"Ssat is your only defense from missscreantsss? Well ssen you are not going to live to long..." He said this with a small pause, perhaps for a moment insinuating that Bones was planning to kill him, before continuing on and explaining further... "Apparently it only worksss on the weak of mind... And asss you sssaw, only ssree of the four men... If I had not been here, you would be dead and robbed..."

Bones listened to the last statement, and thought for several moments... And then taking another step closer to Alric, he responded...

"Let me make this clear... Now that I know... If I ever find out you have usssed hypnosssisss on me again after ssis moment, I will kill you myssself with no remorssse, watch asss your life blood leavesss your body..."

Once more Bones made a pause for emphasis, and perhaps a little just to be further intimidating. Bones was getting rather good at intimidating glares, and charged silences, and of learning the effectiveness of a subtle pause...

"Ssat being sssaid, I do not care what you do to ossersss, ssat isss your own ssing, and your businessss... However my busssinessss is ssat of ssstaying alive, even if it meansss the deass of ossers... And if you force me to, I will choossse myself over you."

Once more Bones made a pause... Taking a breath to clear his head, and look at Alric once more. He did seem to Bones to be yet another puny human... But he might be helpful to know, who knew when his acquaintance might prove itself to be for Bones benefit... So he would do him the honor of training him, perhaps show him a bit to keep him alive till they next met.

"You will not live long if all you have isss your ability to control men'sss mind... Come here, and I will teach you to fight with your body, and not your mind... Punch me, right in the chessst... Go ahead, I will not be angry. Let me sssee how you do..."

Having said this, Bones prepared his form, something else he was getting good at from his training in different disciplines of unarmed combat. He moved both legs apart to have a wide base, kept his arms somewhat up and at the ready, and turned his body at a slight angle, so only his face was pointing at Alric, the rest of him was pointing away, also showing less of a silhouette... Having prepared, Bones made a nod at him, motioning for him to come and punch him in the chest. Though surely Alric would not dare to dishonor him by saying no to what Bones has so kindly offered?
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 17th, 2012, 10:15 pm

"Let me make this clear... Now that I know... If I ever find out you have usssed hypnosssisss on me again after ssis moment, I will kill you myssself with no remorssse, watch asss your life blood leavesss your body..."

Alric shrank back from Bone's promise of violence. This wasn't the first time his hypnosis proved ineffectual, but during those other times, the other party was at least unaware. With Alric being so blatantly obvious, this was the first time someone had threatened him. He decided then, that he did not like the experience. Especially considering that he had no doubt that Bone's would capitalize on his promise.

"Ssat being sssaid, I do not care what you do to ossersss, ssat isss your own ssing, and your businessss... However my busssinessss is ssat of ssstaying alive, even if it meansss the deass of ossers... And if you force me to, I will choossse myself over you."

Bones's words still caused Alric a bit of uneasiness. However, after careful consideration, he believed that he got off quite easily. Bones may well be an intimidating man, but he wasn't cruel. For that, Alric was grateful. He had been getting reckless with his abilities, and if Bones was another man, Alric had no doubt he'd be dead by now. After this failure, he decided that it would be best to refrain form using hypnotism so flippantly.

"You will not live long if all you have isss your ability to control men'sss mind... Come here, and I will teach you to fight with your body, and not your mind... Punch me, right in the chessst... Go ahead, I will not be angry. Let me sssee how you do..."

Alric was a bit dumbstruck at that. At first Bones was adamant about keeping Alric on his toes, making sure he knew his place. And Alric half suspected that he wanted to hurt him to get the point across. And now he wanted to teach him? Granted, Alric wasn't going to say no, he was a sucker for learning. It really didn't even matter what it was. But something as useful as self defense? Alric didn't quite understand it. However, that was not going to stop him from accepting.

Bones gave a nod to Alric after shifting his body to what Alric assumed was a better position for taking a blow. Alric, still not quite believing the turn of events, nodded dumbly and proceeded to do his best punching Bones. Alric was still a bit uneasy about it, but after one glance at Bones, it became apparent that if he didn't punch him, it would be a grave insult. So, Alric took a deep breath and shifted his position to one more appropriate for punching. Or, at least to the position others had used on him from time to time.

He put one foot forward, towards Bones. Then, he put his other foot off to the side, and squatted slightly. This position left his torso facing away from Bones, so he twisted his torso to face him, leaving him facing toward Bones. He curled his hand into a fist, and drew it back, unintentionally twisting his torso with him. He then swung forward, intending to punch Bones as hard as he could, thinking it might impress him. However, he did not use his torso to strengthen the blow, and instead hindered himself as he put most of the force in his elbow.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on January 18th, 2012, 6:43 pm

True to a human mind what Bones did would not make sense. But then Bones was not thinking with a human mind, but a Dhani one, so certain things would of course work differently and make sense differently in his head.

Though still, most people, out of necessity for staying alive, hid there magic from others knowing of it. But not Alric, he was flaunting it, wasting it on trivialities. This would have seemed much more odd to Bones. Did this man have a death wish, or wanted to be run out of town, or worse? True they were not in some of the other cities that killed magic users on sight, but it was still reckless to do as Alric was.

In fact though Bones had not clearly thought out why he was going to teach the man to fight, his motives could clearly be argued. He had just saved the man, and so most would say Alric owed Bones his life... And a magic user, well that was certainly something that might come in handy to have owe you a favor. So he was just defending his investment, making sure he did not go off getting killed, and lived long enough to repay Bones.

Most humans would have thought that, and argued it made sense. Though to be honest, it had nothing to do with why Bones did what he did. His mind did not work that way, as a conniving human. He decided to help him, and that was it. There was no plot behind it, some ulterior motive. He saw that the man could not defend himself, as so many puny humans, and that he might help him out. Better to have him know how to properly fight if they were to meet again, as Bones tended to attract trouble, and the bad kind of attention.

As the man threw a weak punch at Bones, and it came close, Bones reacted, and turned his torso a bit so that the blow simply glanced off of his side, sliding right past and barely putting any force into Bones, most of it being thrown into the empty air.

Bones shook his head at the pitiful attack, he would expect nothing more from a pitiful weak human, but that was rather pathetic...

"Do not punch with your arm, punch wiss your entire body." Bones said, rather mysteriously. Hadn't the man just used his fist? How could one punch someone with your entire body?

"If you are going to punch sssomeone, you mussst fully commit, put your whole body into it. Do not jussst fling your arm limply at me mocking a punch. Put the weight of your entire body behind ssat fissst, ssso all of sse force comesss at me, not jussst the forsse of ssat one hand, but all the forsse you can mussster."

"Why doesss a punch hurt, and have an effect? I put ssstrengss into my fist, usssing my entire body to contribute to it. The power comesss ssstraight out, and goesss into what it hitsss... Thisss isss why I turned to make sse blow glance, and mossst of the forsse went into nossing, not affecting me. It is much easssier to redirect were forsse is going, ssan to meet it wiss your own forsse and pusssh it back were it came."

"Thisss appliesss to anyssing, it isss better to turn a blade and make it ssslide away, ssan to meet it head on and pusssh it back at the owner."

Bones smiled, his odd grimace like attempt at a smile, as he spouted more of his philososphy on fighting. The way he thought, truths did not apply to just one thing, but to everything, if they were true. So one thing could be used on any others, whether other fighting styles, or even magic.

Looking at Alric, he spoke with one more example, clearly designed to link to the magic Alric used, making it more clear what he was trying to say. To be true he had no idea if his philosophy carried over to magic, just assumed that it would still hold true.

"Which isss easssier, making gentle nudgesss to turn a man, to make him not even notice he isss changing hisss route, ssslowly making him face and walk the opposssite way? Or to all at once make a man decide to walk in the opposssite direction?"

Bones nodded at Alric once more. "Try again."
oocAlric is the newest student of the way and philosophy of Bones! Classes only 20 gold mizas each! Sign up now while spots are left!

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 19th, 2012, 8:35 pm

As Alric followed through with his punch, Bones turned his torso so that the blow glanced off of his side, displacing much of the force into the empty air. Alric frowned a bit at that. he had not expected to do extraordinarily well, but he had not expected to do so poorly either. Alric got out of his pose, as it seemed not to have helped him, and was rather uncomfortable. He did not sulk, but he did come close.

"Do not punch with your arm, punch wiss your entire body."

Alric was rather baffled by Bones's words. Did he mean to literally use the whole body? If so, then wouldn't it be a tackle rather than a punch? Besides that, Alric's body was a verifiable toothpick next to Bones. A tackle surely wouldn't do much. Before Alric could question Bones's words, Bones answered. Apparently, Bones had detected the confusion on Alric's face, and had decided to clarify himself.

"If you are going to punch sssomeone, you mussst fully commit, put your whole body into it. Do not jussst fling your arm limply at me mocking a punch. Put the weight of your entire body behind ssat fissst, ssso all of sse force comesss at me, not jussst the forsse of ssat one hand, but all the forsse you can mussster."

Alric nodded dumbly, trying to figure it out in his head. When he had punched Bones, he had primarily used his elbow to put in the force. From what Bones was talking about, that was a mistake. Apparently, you somehow used your entire body. But, how? Alric tried to punch the air then, practicing throwing himself into a punch. He nearly fell over a dozen times, but he thought he was begining to see what Bones was talking about. First, it seemed to provide more power if he used his shoulder. Second, it also seemed that throwing his meager weight into it was accomplished by the twisting of his torso. And third, that explained the pose he had seen others use. It provided balance as the torso twisted.

As he continued to experiment on the air, Bones provided more insight into the art of punching things.

"Why doesss a punch hurt, and have an effect? I put ssstrengss into my fist, usssing my entire body to contribute to it. The power comesss ssstraight out, and goesss into what it hitsss... Thisss isss why I turned to make sse blow glance, and mossst of the forsse went into nossing, not affecting me. It is much easssier to redirect were forsse is going, ssan to meet it wiss your own forsse and pusssh it back were it came."

Alric, if he was not impressed before, certainly was now. he knew Bones could fight, he also knew he was intelligent. However, it never occurred to him that Bones used his intelligence in his fighting. In fact, up until this moment, he had assumed that when it came to fighting, intelligence was the least used factor in determining a victor. Perhaps he was mistaken in that regard.

He tried to copy the same motion that Bones had used to deflect his punch, and listened closely as Bones continued his lecture.

"Which isss easssier, making gentle nudgesss to turn a man, to make him not even notice he isss changing hisss route, ssslowly making him face and walk the opposssite way? Or to all at once make a man decide to walk in the opposssite direction?"

Alric smirked at that. He was comparing hypnotism with fighting. An interesting notion, and an appreciated effort. Not to mention, Alric was rather surprised at Bone's understanding of hypnotism. Many people did not realize the subtlety that was required to make hypnotism truly effective. Which, Alric realized, made his previous actions all the more foolish. He should have just let Bones take care of the thugs. Instead, he let his hubris cloud his judgment.

Bones gave Alric a nod of his head, indicating that he was ready for another round. "Try again."

Alric nodded back, "Very well."

Alric decided not to assume his former pose, but instead, adapted some of the useful bits into a pose more comfortable with his own body. He placed his feet apart at about the same distance as the distance between his shoulders. He twisted his torso back, and bent his knees slightly, trying to keep his balance. He let loose a second punch then, using his shoulder, and throwing his weight into the punch. He nearly fell over again, but was able to right his balance before it became too noticeable.
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on January 25th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Bones watched as Alric tried to reason his way through what he had said. He was not surprised he was having trouble, a human mind just had trouble understanding combat the way a Dhani did... Though he was already trying to put it in simpler words a human could understand...

But eventually he seemed to reason his way through it, miming punching at the air, as if there was an imaginary foe to receive them... Eventually it seemed Alric was tapping into his base fighter nature, finding what humans had learned over centuries of fighting off monsters, and what most Dhani and even animals understood at an instinctive level, while most humans had lost it, and been pacified...

Though they were not nearly as good at it as a Dhani, they still had some basic ability bred into them. Look at the Myrians, they were tapped far into their communal fighter knowledge, almost as much as his race. Alric would likely never be even as good as a Myrian, but he might unlock some skill if he tried...

Though if Bones knew what Alric thought of his next statement, he might be annoyed at him, for assuming as so many did that he was just a mindless brute. Of any place, he expected those in Alvadas to look beyond what they saw. No Bones was just stating what he saw as the obvious truth.

Also in reality, Bones had no knowledge of hypnotism. He was simply carrying over something he had seen as truth, and knew it would also be so in relation to what the man did.

Finally after Alric seemed to have worked it all out in his head, he finally got himself ready, and was going to punch Bones again, hopefully this time more effectively, and taking into account what Bones had told him.

It did appear Alric was trying, so to boost his confidence, and to help in his training, Bones took the hit, and did not try to dodge. In fact, he moved an inch to the right, so it would hit him better, since Alric's angle of attack had been off, and it would have hit off center, probably striking one of his ribs. That would have possibly hurt both his own rib, and the mans fist, which would not be good for either of them. Bones let out a small "oomph" of breath, and took a step back, letting the blow carry him, to make it a little less painful. But he was able to keep his face from forming a grimace, at the small pain the mans punch did to him.

He looked Alric over, proud to see what his training had wrought in the weakly mage, helping him to tap even the tiniest bit into his fighter spirit. He gave him a nod of encouragement, and a slight grimace like smile, before turning away.

They had been in this area for far to long, and if they stuck around, there was a good chance the men might come back, this time with more friends.

"We have been here to long... We ssshould probably go... Or elssse more men might come to try and take what isss not sseirsss..."

Bones' nostrils flared for a moment, thinking of those that would dare to try and take what was his rightfully, and not theirs... How dare they...

"Perhapsss it isss time for usss to sssplit waysss... Perhapsss we will meet anosser time, if the city ssso desssiresss..."

oocSo, if you agree for it, just go ahead and rp us both leaving, going our different ways, and you can end the thread. It was pretty good, maybe we should start another one for this winter season?

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 26th, 2012, 1:37 am

Alric smiled at as his punch landed, Bones not bothering to roll with it as he had before. Alric noticed it, but did not comment. He was quite sure Bones simply did it to make him feel better. Although, he also thought he might be mistaken, as he often was when it came to Bones.

Alric got out of his fighting position, it it could be called that, and rubbed his knuckles. They hurt a bit, after hitting Bones like that. Alric wondered if maybe all punches hurt, or just the first few. Or maybe he was just that weak? He would have to find that out some day, he decided. Though now, of course, was not that time.

As Alric rubbed his knuckles, Bones gave him a smile of encouragement and a nod, which Alric tentatively returned. What and odd, yet delightful day. A prayer to Ionu, a mugging, and a stranger who was far stranger than Miro could ever hope to be. Who, for whatever reason, decided not to harm him upon finding out he was a hypnotist, but gave him lessons. Alric felt as though such things only happened in Alvadas. Though, truthfully, he might never know.

Bones spoke then, about how the men from before might come back and how they had stayed in one place for too long. Alric silently agreed. Although Alvadas constantly shifted, it had been quite mean spirited to him for the better part of the season.

"Perhapsss it isss time for usss to sssplit waysss... Perhapsss we will meet anosser time, if the city ssso desssiresss..."

Alric was a bit saddened then. It had felt that for a moment, he had made another friend. An odd friend, but a friend nonetheless. Still, it was getting late, and Alric had to get to his home before dark. And the city was not going to make that easy. So, with a heavy sigh, Alric nodded in agreement.

"Indeed, Bones. Perhaps we will. I will be looking forward to it.

With that, the two parted ways, walking into the jumbled crowd that was the life and blood of Alvadas.

oocAll right then, we're all done. That was fun Bones, I most definitely would like Bones and Alric to meet up again. Bones really helped Alric grow and develop. I'm eager to show how when next they meet. Anyway, I'll go ahead and submit this. If you want anything specific PM me okay?
"I'm Speaking"
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Bedlam on January 30th, 2012, 11:38 pm

ST INTERVENTION

Thread Completed!

Bones

Experience:
2 Intimidation
1 Philosophy
1 Gladius
2 Teaching

Lores:
Alric, the Hypnotist
The Trickster’s Temple

Alric

Experience:
3 Hypnotism
1 Philosophy
1 Observation
2 Unarmed

Lores:
Bones, the Warrior

Notes:
Aquiras is in a near-death coma and everybody knows it. So Alric just said that his father would be better off praying to a god half a step from dead with no power over Mizahar than Ionu. That’s . . . an unfortunate comparison to draw. I just want you to know that. Most travelers pray to Syna now.

Alright Bones. Gonna put something out there right now. Don’t have a lot of trouble with the way you conduct yourself but there are a few things that I’d like you to work on. There are tons of times where you back out of your character’s mind and tell your partner how they should react.

‘This reaction if nothing else would further make Alric wonder what exactly Bones was... Since normal humans did not react such... His mentality obviously worked very different from the normal human ones Alric understood and could relate to.’

If you take ‘would’ out of this sentence, it would be godmodding. As it is, you are basically telling your partner ‘your character should respond in this way to me if you are in anyway reasonable and paying attention.’ That’s bad. If you really want to provoke an action in someone, write down an action on Bone’s part that you believe would evoke it, in as vivid a manner as you can. As is, nobody likes being told how their character should act. Roleplay is a two-way street after all.
Bedlam
Player

Words: 79119
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2011, 9:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous