[Flashback]Watch your step (Eridanus)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Nai'shee on March 1st, 2012, 5:45 pm

The Ethaefal progressed to next question, still deadly serious. She tried to look deep into her eyes and she couldn't read anything. Now, after she was calm again she could notice his beauty again. But it wasn't like a first time anymore. She considered him a bit annoying, almost like a parent, but still his beauty - Leth's beauty - felt somehow similar and warm. That itself stopped her from being childish and silly as usual when with him. It prevented her lies, too.

"I don't know", she said honestly. She wasn't sure. "Now when I calmly think about it I would kicked down the one in front of me and run away. But in that moment... I'm not sure. I wouldn't do anything to them for laughing at me, but when that man punched me... I was so angry, I barely could control myself or think... I think it's because I felt helpless, so anger was the only way out, but I'm not sure. I don't know what would I do to him."

Would she? Would she be able to hurt him seriously? Would she ever be able to kill? Could it be that anger was stronger than her will? She couldn't accept it. She wanted to believe her own words, it was only because she was afraid, because she knew that she can't defeat that man. But what could she really say? She have never been in serious battle. She didn't know anything about her emotions in one. She couldn't tell if she was merciful little girl, as she seemed, or fearful monster, as she felt back then. But she also didn't think that she'll become a thief and when she came to the point she had nothing to eat she became one. What if her life is in danger? It's only natural to react that way.

"I think I wouldn't be able to really hurt somebody", she added after few moments of silence, "but as I said, I never experienced a real fight, so I can't guarantee how would I act."
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on March 1st, 2012, 6:56 pm

Eridanus nodded, for intention was enough. He relaxed his gaze on her, and if she had felt an intense stare earlier now she would find the ethaefal glancing at her in a less focused manner, for his mind had been made up.

"If fighting is what you're looking for, I cannot help you. However, what I can do is impart to you the trifling little I know about martial arts, which is different just fighting for it is also a philosophy. If a disciplined mind and body is what you seek, I can try my best to give that to you."
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Nai'shee on March 1st, 2012, 8:47 pm

She looked at him, feeling more comfortable than few moments ago. His offer stunned her. Is somebody really finally attempting to teach her something like that? Even for this little she lived in this world she couldn't count how many times she asked for it, and yet now, just like this... All the questions he asked before passed trough her head, echoing. She couldn't completely understand them at that time, but she realized those were tests. She blinked few times after she could realize that she was daydreaming, to say so, because it was the middle of night. "Please" was the only word she succeed to say. She couldn't be more thankful to this man she barely knew if he really taught her something, even just enough to keep practicing by herself. She will finally be able to do something, instead of just running around and escaping. She won't meet events as the one moment ago was. And the one when she first met Eridanus, she reminded herself.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eridanus on March 2nd, 2012, 4:55 am

Eridanus nodded briefly, and he observed her as a range of emotions flitted across her readable face.

Children and their innocence, yet one day they must grow up in order to survive.

He did not know why he was willing to spend time - time which he could have used to pursue his own goals or to improve himself - for the sake of another. Yet, something about this child told him that this one act could completely change her future - and if he was careful enough in his dealings with her he would be able to change her for the better.

Yahal would have approved.

"If your resolve is still strong, come and look for me a few day later in the courtyard where we first met," the ethaefal told her with a tone of dismissal, abruptly ending their conversation and carrying on with his business.

He would be spending the next week or two holed up in that area to fulfill certain course credits, and he quite expected himself to be awake through most of the night to catch up with his studying. He had no intention of merely passing. No, he had the fullest intentions to understand as much as he could and score as high a grade as he deserved.

If she showed up then their little practice sessions together would serve well as a stress relief for him from the intense studying.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Nai'shee on March 5th, 2012, 9:26 pm

His offer seemed undeclineable to her, but she was still glad he gave her time to think about it. She didn't know why, but she knew she needed it. Somehow, deep in her, she might didn't want to have any dangerous abilities. But it was necessary and she will never give up something for that reason. She must not be afraid of herself. Still, with such a childhood, even if it was happy for her, she never knew what was she able to do. She was certainly afraid of herself.

After she thanked him few more times, unable to forgive herself for making someone stand up for her like that she promised to come and see him in few days, even if she gives up for some reason. It was only fair to tell him, at least, wasn't it? With that said she smiled an ran back to the city, leaving Eridanus to stand there, or at least she imagined him standing there and watching her leaving with silent expression on his face. Even if she knew that was just her imagination she will always remember it like that.

Power. Finally. Protection. Finally.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on March 8th, 2012, 7:24 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Nai'shee's Loot :
Nai'shee

Skill XP Reward
Unarmed Combat +2
Swimming +2
Flux +1
Intimidation +1
Observation +1

Lore: Nai'shee: Of Zeltiva and the Sea, Eridanus (acquaintance), The Promise of Protection, Don't Talk to Drunk People, Rich Snobby Sailors, The Docks at Night, Anger is Hard to Control, Helplessness, Do you really know yourself?

Items or Consequences: Nil

Eridanus' Loot :
Eridanus

Skill XP Reward
Unarmed Combat +2
Acrobatics +1
Observation +1
Longsword +1
Negotiation +2
Leadership +1

Lore: Nai'shee (acquaintance), An Offer of Training, Effects of Magnetic Polarity on a Djed Field by Ogam Tarnus, The Docks, Taking a Student: Unarmed Combat (Nai'shee)

Items or Consequences: Nil

Nice bridge thread, I can't wait to see them teaching and learning - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous