[Verlyna's Emerald Pool]Picnic by a Pond[Eridanus]

Bones is going for a walk by a pond, looking for a bite to eat...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ssafirsotibones on February 27th, 2012, 11:24 pm

Bones was a bit annoyed for a moment, as it seemed Eri would not play along with him, not even bothering with the blow which was aimed at his sword... But it did not matter, as soon enough he aimed a blow right at him, which he would have to react to.

Though the other combatant was at one advantage over Bones, the length of his blade. Certainly his longsword was not as well crafted or balanced as Bones own gladius. And certainly it would perform much better in a similarly skilled hand than a longsword in another hand similarly skilled. But there was the rub, they were not similarly skilled, each having there own method of fighting, and so it did cause a difference in the outcome, if only slightly. But when added to Eri's better skill in swordsmanship, it made a sizable problem for Bones.

Bones had to get closer to get within striking distance, and Eri's own striking distance was slightly larger than Bones. Eri deftly reacted to his strike, counteracting his attack with a blow of his own, slowing down Bones attack, which as already known was not done at full force, as that would likely rip Eri's arm clean off if he tried to block it, and would not be sporting of Bones at all to do in a friendly spar.

But Bones was not a complete novice, he reacted well to, though admittedly not as well, and taking the first counter-attack, saw the second coming and spun to the side to evade Eris thrust, while trying to bring his weapon up to block. He was mostly succesful, though the edge of the blade did tear through his thin shirt, and just barely touch the edge of the blade to his skin, making a cut only a hairs breadth deep, just enough to make a bead of blood be left on Eri's longsword.

Bones jumped back, feeling the blade on his skin, putting a few paces between them. The hit had not been that painful, little more than a scratch, he had gotten worth off a piece of parchment, but it did remind him of one thing, as his rage swelled for a moment, and he nearly lunged blindly at the man to rip out his throat, and feast on his flesh... He was hungry, a further reminder of this by his stomach taking that opportunity to grumble fairly loudly, enough for Eri to hear...

Perhaps it would not be good to continue to fight in his current state... There was a good likelihood his self control would break, and he would not be responsible for his actions...

""Perhapsss ssat isss a good time to ssstop... Bones said, lowering his blade... "I am ssstill hungry... And my hunger can cloud my judgment... Bessst to end ssis meet, and perhapsss go on to battle again anosser day..."

If Eri agreed to what he said, Bones would go over and start picking up his gear, getting ready to set off. Though he would say one last thing before leaving. "I look forward to meeting you in combat again, ssis wasss quite enjoyable... I would not mind having you on my ssside for a fight sssomeday... Maybe even in the arena..."

This was of course high praise, coming from Bones, he rarely admitted openly he would like to team up with someone, only once before having said so, after his match with Ulric on his team.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Eridanus on February 28th, 2012, 2:28 pm

The sharp and precise manner of Eri's swordsmanship caused his attack to succeed, though fortunately he placed enough strength in it only to cause a minor injury. When he realized that his attack might actually go through he tried his best to limit his strength, though it was mostly ineffective for he had already invested and predetermined the strength in that controlled thrust.

Fortunately, that also meant that the injury was minor, and he could see the minor drops of blood as he withdrew his blade from the gladiator. Bones leaped back, and for a brief moment the vantha thought he saw something flash through the man's expressions. For a brief moment, there was the expression of innate ferocity and animalistic hunger.

It might just be his imagination, for the gladiator made a proposition to stop, and the vantha lowered his head slightly in apology. "Apologies for the wound, Bones, but yes we will stop if you wish." He was not one to force battle on someone else, after all.

As his sparring partner began packing him, the vantha did so as well, putting his belongings back into his pockets and robes, sheathing his blades back into his weapon harness, then double-checking the area to make sure that all his possessions were accounted for.

The gladiator made a final compliment, and the vantha nodded in acknowledgement, replying, "It is my pleasure to exchange tips with one as skilled as you too. Perhaps we might even meet side by side in the Colosseum one day, if that line of work happened to strike my fancy."

When Eridanus saw Bones turning to leave, he took a larger stride in order to catch up with him and walked beside the gladiator, leaving the area together.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Fallacy on March 23rd, 2012, 1:08 pm

XP Award!

Name:Ssafirsotibones
XP Award:
  • Stealth- 1
  • Hunting- 1
  • Unarmed Combat- 3
  • Gladius- 2
  • Wrestling- 1
Lore:
  • Eridanus
  • Fighting a worthy opponent
Notes:

Name:Eridanus
XP Award:
  • Auristics- 1
  • Unarmed Combat- 3
  • Longsword- 2
  • Meditation- 1
  • Observation- 3
Lore:
  • Ssafirsotibones
  • Blocking Unarmed Attacks
  • Homoerotic positions (For the lolz)
  • Verlyna's Emerald Pond
Notes:

When Eri would collect his belonging he would notice his coin purse was slightly heavier. +5 GM

Same thing with Bones! +5 GM

Nice thread guys! I laughed at some parts, but it was a good first encounter. I hope to see more of you two. I apologize for the lateness in this grade.

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous