[Paragon's Scrapbook] The Ancient's Legacy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Paragon's Scrapbook] The Ruined Haven

Postby Cascade on April 19th, 2012, 11:09 am

Grats! *thwacks Echelon for his theory of where those posts are coming from* :D
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Paragon on April 19th, 2012, 11:23 am

And this is why we hired you Cassie!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Echelon on April 19th, 2012, 8:06 pm

violence!
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on April 23rd, 2012, 4:13 pm

Bomb Threat

So when I started my course, we gave mobile numbers to the office in case of emergency. Up until now the Uni never used them.

About 30 minutes ago I got an emergency text from the Uni requesting we don't go near or inside two of the buildings, which are student halls and study areas (Durdham, and Wills). Looks like someone has sent an anonymous threat to the chancellor, saying there are explosive devices in both buildings.

Now, this is probably an elaborate prank, but it's still scary. And if it is, I will be so angry. The person who did this should be arrested immediately. All the people who live in halls aren't allowed in at the moment. It's going to be chaos near there, I imagine.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on April 23rd, 2012, 7:41 pm

A similar incident happened at my college my freshman year. I and some friends were tabletop gaming upstairs when we were asked to return to our rooms. No one was allowed in or out of the building. The hall directors were very strict about it, taking those who tried to break the rules down to be questioned. At the same time, out of the window, we could see the red and blue lights cascading on the side of the dorm building and uniformed men checking out the perimeter.

We were later told there was a bomb thread in our building...but we had not been evacuated because they were afraid it was a remote detonation bomb and that the remote was in the dorm...and as soon as they moved people out, it would explode.

Or at least I think that was their reasoning.

It was frightening, terribly so, also a tad exciting...but mostly just claustrophobic, knowing that if the police got it wrong and the trigger was outside, we were all in terrible, immobile danger.

It turned out to be nothing..but still left a nasty impression.

Glad things turned out alright for you, Paragon.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Paragon on April 23rd, 2012, 9:12 pm

Yes, I can imagine it was scary! Thankfully, both buildings were thoroughly checked and nothing was found, so students have been allowed back in. This really is a nasty prank to pull, and very serious too. The threat was sent anonymously to the Chancellor, so this was no "suspicious package" scenario. I hope this punk gets arrested. I'm glad no one was hurt though.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on April 26th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Elemental Dignities

In between frenzied essay writing, I've been trying to add in elemental dignities to my tarot readings. It's not something I've considered in the past, but it does seem to add to the reading when you look at the connections between the elements themselves.

To cut a long story short, I want a lucky (unlucky) volunteer. A short question will do, and I'll be carrying out a small three card spread to see if I can pick up on anything regarding the elemental dignities.

It's also a chance to try out my lovely new Anna K tarot. I'll post pictures!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cascade on April 26th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Where will I be in a year? o_o (Is that the kind of question you're looking for?)

Fyi. I also thought that man on your cover picture was a worm with googly eyes.
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Paragon on April 26th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Cascade wrote:Where will I be in a year? o_o (Is that the kind of question you're looking for?)

Fyi. I also thought that man on your cover picture was a worm with googly eyes.

Oh god, another mad one XD And yep, that question is cool :D Give me a few hours and I'll have a spread up.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Paragon on April 26th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Tarot Reading for Cascade

Your Cards: The Hanged Man, The Ace of Wands, The Nine of Pentacles

The first card is kind of the transition to that place you'll be in a years time. The Hanged Man is a card of stagnation. This may already be in existence now, or something that's going to come in soon. You're kind of stuck with where you are now. Just like the man tied to the wooden pole, he doesn't know where to turn, or where to go next. It's not so much a crossroad -- more of a state of confusion about what to do now. As it's one of the Major Arcana, I'd be inclined to point out this reflects more global, general issues in your life, rather than something specific or small.

Now, the two minor arcana. This is where the elemental dignities come in. We've got a fire, and an earth. In nature, my first thought is of the volatility of a volcano, and the new landscape that causes. First, there's an explosion. And then, the magma cools creating new landforms in its wake. The fiery Ace is crossing the tight rope -- making a brave step to get away from the Hanged Man situation. A forceful explosion is needed -- baby steps won't help! The earthy 9 is the culmination of that step -- the aftermath of the volcano.
In a years time you're going to be a different person. That's how I feel. You're going to be much more independent in your personal life, and with that, you're going to be stronger too. You can hold yourself in higher esteem because of the changes that have occurred -- you're a better person for it!

I hope that makes some kind of sense to you? I liked the elemental connection here, volcano was the first thing I saw when I drew those cards. Thanks for being a guinea pig!
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext