Off To The Taverns (Kalila, Anda, Lyalya){Complete}

Kalila is finally able to start her new life, but she is a little overwhelmed by the city and it's splendor, and needs a guiding hand. Perhaps someone will be brave enough to approach her?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Off To The Taverns (Kalila, Anda, Lyalya)

Postby Lyalya on March 29th, 2012, 2:04 am

Cold? In Wind Reach? Wind Reach is actually inside a volcano, you would probably be extremely hot.Lyalya chuckled, glad the two girls seemed to be warming up to her. The Suvan can be treacherous at times when the winds are violent, but it is usually a lot calmer than in the ocean. I have seen many ship wrecked boats. Two of my cousin were eaten by sharks. The Svefra are use to it though, for most our lives we live with the rocking of the waves, unless of course we leave like I did.

Lyalya looked at the two girls, their interested eyes. These women had that in common with her: a love of entertaining information. Besides, she didn't think she had ever seen a serpent woman blush before. The one thing I've had to learn is the land folk 'own' things. On the sea, if you need something, take it. We all share our resources, our pods are our families and we look after each other. Besides, if your not strong enough to hold onto something, you don't deserve to have it at all. Other than survival, we are a lot more lighthearted and easy going than other races. It's silly to fret about when your life could end so quickly. Outsiders don't tend to understand my kind. And it doesn't help that we take everything as a personal insult towards our race. If you insult one Svefra, you insult all of them.

Lyalya wondered what the women had heard about their kind. That the Svefra were pirates and stole more than likely. Were not pirates by the way, we hunt any piracy down in our sea and eliminate them. Children included.

Lyalya looked down at the table, almost missing the sea. It was wonderful, the wind in your hair, the water lapping at your feet. But she refused to turn out like the women in her pod. Including the Lia, her mother.
Lyalya
Player

Words: 22840
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Andalusia on March 30th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Andalusia chuckled lightly, giving Kalila a reassuring smile. It wasn't an unlikely mistake, and if she would probably assume the same thing if she hadn't known a thing about the Inarta and Wind Reach as well. "I've n-never been to Wind Reach, but I-I doubt I'd be w-welcome there," she said softly, still smiling. She wasn't sure if she even wanted to go near the place, as she feared the harshness of traveling to far off places. Besides, what would she do there, anyway?

She listened intently as Lyalya began to speak of her home and her people, her eyes wide with interest and excitement. Finally, her silent questions were being answered! From the sound of it, the Svefra seem like very strong folk, so tightly knit and close together that privacy, indeed, would not fit into the system whatsoever. They were true to themselves and to their own kind, and took pride of their race, that any insult to it would prove to be detrimental to the person at fault. They lived day-by-day, it seemed, and they appeared to be quite the fun group of humans. Andalusia grinned with delight, seeing the passion in Lyalya's words and the way she was speaking them. She wanted to visit and see the way the Svefra work and live, she wanted to converse with them, to experience a few days in their lives. It would surely be a pleasurable experience.

"That sounds so wonderful," she murmured whimsically, looking absolutely enthralled. Foreign things were, of course, not things she was used to or knowledgeable of, and so they were extremely intriguing to her. She tilted her head to the side, her grin waning, as Lyalya spoke up about piracy. She wondered about the pirates she mentioned, and if they frequented the Suvan sea as much as her kind did. If she could ever, out of luck, chance upon riding on a boat or ship, would they ever encounter some? A wave of thrill washed over her and her teeth chattered with delight; an adventure would be a truly nice thing to have at the moment. The salty scent of the deep blue sea, and the way its color seemed to reflect upon the eyes of every Svefra; the sweet and familiar smell of worn wood planks, reminiscent of the trees in the woods; and the adventures, as seemingly endless and limitless as the water they would be sailing upon. The thought drove her to want a few days on a Svefra's ship even more. Yet, her smile faltered once again as she noticed a flash of sadness appear upon Lyalya's face as her gaze lowered to the wooden table. She pouted, a concerned expression overcoming her, as she reaching out to place her hand close to the blond woman's. "Is something th-the matter," she asked gently, her eyes fluttering worriedly, "d-do you... you, you surely miss it, the sea, y-your home?" she added, managing an understanding smile as she tapped her finger upon Lyalya's hand, afraid and reluctant to place hers upon it just yet.
Andalusia
"The sunrise is just as cold as the sunset."

Words: 116666
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sahashkalila on April 1st, 2012, 9:00 pm

Kalila could not imagine what it was like to live most of her life out on the sea. She wasn't particularly fond of water or traveling on water, but she could appreciate the beauty of it. She had visited the water many times while she was in Ahnatep and loved the view, but she would not get in it. She listened intently to Lyalya, noting that she seemed to be sad as she spoke of her home. Perhaps she wished to go back to that way of life, Kalila didn't really know since she had never met a Svefra before, only hearing that they were basically pirates.

"I am not particularly fond of the ssea, ssince I do not really like water,"she said with a chuckle, preferring dry and warm areas. "But the ssea iss quite beautiful to look at, and I am ssure that there are many wonderss that I am misssing. Perhapss, I will get to see it someday." She shrugged her shoulders as she watched Andalusia place a comforting hand on the other woman's hand, a small smile appearing behind her veil. Andalusia was kind and even her words affected Kalila, making her think back to her home near Ahnatep. She would love to go back herself, but she was banished and wasn't welcomed there. Even if she did try to go back they would not except her unless it was for something of vital importance, and even then she may not be accepted. She missed the golden sands though, and could understand what Lyalya was feeling, if she really was feeling that.

"Your home ssstill callss to you Lyalya, jusst ass mine doess. You will alwayss long for it, but perhapss we can easse that longing....among friendss?" she said quietly, a little surprised at her words but meaning them all the same.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lyalya on April 1st, 2012, 11:50 pm

Lyalya looked in between the two woman and smiled. They were the most genuine people she had met here in Sunberth thus far. When everyone for miles around you was cold and ruthless, it was nice to know that kind hearts could still survive. "I miss the sea tremendously, it was the people that made me leave. The future I would have in my pod wasn't the kind I wanted. So I had to leave."

She tucked her golden-wheat hair behind her ears and gave Andalusia's hand a solid squeeze. Not only had she heard a good story, she had made friends. What more could one ask for? "I don't think I could use anything more than a couple of friends."

Inside, Lyalya was warm and fuzzy. It's always a little tingly-making when you realize someone likes you. Especially two interesting young women who want to be friendly. She would definitely not regret going to the tavern that day.
Lyalya
Player

Words: 22840
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2012, 11:07 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Postby Andalusia on April 4th, 2012, 4:21 pm

Andalusia nodded vigorously, a tinge of empathy wrapping itself around her heart, tugging and weighing upon it. Her smile faded quite a bit, reminiscing about the cottage that she'd once called home. When her house wasn't surrounded by thick rope, heavy cloth and portable furniture, she lived within four sturdy walls; with beds, couches, rugs, and a constantly lit fireplace. She had a home with a roof, a door, and other people that she called a family. She had a father.

The empathy turned into remorse, quickly squeezing her heart tightly and causing it to bleed in pain and sadness. She immediately missed the good days, the days when her father was still strong and alive, and her uncle was still around to impart wisdom upon her. She wanted to go back to the rainy nights beneath a roof that never leaked, in front of a fireplace that never went out, on the lap of a protective, loving parent, surrounded by security and comfort. Instead, she spent her evenings, rainy or not, in a cold tent. She had her dog, yes, and her horse, but she missed having the constant companionship of another human being. Would that ever happen again?

She shook herself free from the snake tails that choked her. Today wasn't going to be another day where she'll inevitably wallow in her sadness. After having met these two wonderful women, she knew that she'd be filled with immense joy for many, many days. "I don't think I could use any more than a couple of friends," Lyalya beamed, and Andalusia nodded vigorously in agreement. Nothing could get better than meeting new people, and becoming good friends in just a few hours. It was a great feeling, one that she cherished the most out of all. A yawn escaped her smiling mouth, and without realising it, her eyes had grown heavy and weary, her body growing lazy. "P-Pardon me, I'm s-so tired..." she trailed off, giggling as she failed to stifle another yawn. "I'm sorry, but I believe I-I have to go," she gave them both a small pout, "I-It takes time, f-for me to get back, s-since I live in t-the Northern Wilds." She prepared to gather her things and rise from her seat, reluctant to completely do so until they've said their own goodbyes to her. "P-Please, let's meet up again s-sometime. I live i-in a tent in the wilds, s-so please feel free to visit a-anytime!" She blushed a little as she spoke, her teeth almost chattering with joy and excitement. She had friends.
Andalusia
"The sunrise is just as cold as the sunset."

Words: 116666
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sahashkalila on April 7th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Kalila felt something warm and fuzzy wash over her as she sat with the two women at the table, a smile gracing her face. She had friends....something that she had never truly had. The only person that she was ever close to was her brother Nasim, and he was gone now. As she sat and listened to them, she found that she would be honored to call these two women friends. After spending so much time alone it felt good to be around people again, to be able to call these women precious. Her days would not be filled with loneliness or sadness anymore, and Kalila felt that was more precious to her than anything she had ever felt she deserved.

"I ssupposse you are right Anda, it iss getting late,"she said, standing up as well with the women, realizing that it had gotten rather late. "I am pleassed to say that I came to thiss tavern today looking for company and I have left today with friendss....it iss ssomething that I wass not expecting." She surprised herself some more by moving forward to Andalusia and giving her a small hug, and in turn doing the same to Lyalya. They may have had a rough beginning, but she was sure that they would be just as close. She stepped back and looked back at the two woman who seemed to have wound themselves around her heart. "You both are more than welcome to my ssmall home in Ssunsset Quarterss , the door iss alwayss open sso do not hessitate to sstop by. But I believe it iss time we left, it iss not ssafe to wander thesse sstreetss at night."

She headed towards the tavern entrance along with the other two women, chattering to them both about the lovely time that they had and made their little goodbyes, promising to get together again soon. She waved to them both as they all headed out into the streets and went their separate ways to their homes, and Kalila felt a certain lightness in her step. She had made friends this day. It was a humbling thought, and she knew that she would never regret it.
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Off To The Taverns (Kalila, Anda, Lyalya){Complete}

Postby Archelon on May 4th, 2012, 12:24 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Lyalya :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1
Rhetoric3

Lores:
Meeting someone at a tavern.

Note, I really would suggest considering in detail what your character would and would not know about other people's races physiology, etc. Nowhere in her history so far that I've read suggests she'd ever been near windreach :3. Yet you mentioned the inarta had gold flecks in their eye's "up that way" in a bit unrealistic manner for the character :). Be a bit more careful of OOC knowledge vs. IC knowledge in the future ;).

Sahashkalila :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1
Rhetoric4

Lores:

Andalusia :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Rhetoric4
Observation1

Lores:

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread, keep them up :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous