Location [Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

Postby Ronar Bolbek on April 13th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Timestamp: 4th Spring, 512

By the time the door had closed behind him, Ronar was completely composed and calm. Not a trace of madness could be detected on him. Well, maybe a little, but this was Alvadas, so he was allowed to have a slight twinkle in his sinister eyes.

"Hello? I would be interested in purchasing some accommodation, if it's not too much hassle. I have money."

Ronar called out as he turned from the door. All he had on him were the clothes on his back, his bag of essentials, his coin purse and his prized Gladius strapped under the bag.

He turned, expecting to see an assistant of some description in the relatively barren office.
Last edited by Ronar Bolbek on April 28th, 2012, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronar Bolbek
Just a madman with a knife

Words: 31414
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on April 22nd, 2012, 9:03 pm

Ronar:

Serenity was busily shuffling papers on her desk, mumbling under her breath and shaking her head. Her hair was disheveled, her demeanor reflected frustration and agitation. All in all, she looked as if she had a lot to do.

When Ronar walked into her office the woman paused to examine the man, taking in his travel worn clothing and weapon. With a sigh, she turned and pulled up her rolling chair, taking a seat and pushing back the tangled locks of hair. Her eyes travel up to meet Ronar's once more.

"Welcome, sir, to the city of Alvadas. You say you are looking for a place to stay?" She rested her elbows on the desk, resting her chin on folded fingers, "Well, first we would have to FIND you a house. Have you any preferences?"
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ronar Bolbek on April 24th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Such an odd woman was sat behind the desk Ronar was faced with. She looked rather flustered, but nonetheless, was polite.

"We would have to find me a house? Why, that's such a strange concept to get my head around! My name is Ronar, I'm glad to meet you"

Ronar extended his right hand out, for a brief handshake, after first wiping them on his trousers to remove the thick of whatever dirt had built up on them. As he did this, he continued;

"I am just looking for a place to live for a while, not too big, not too small. It only needs to be big enough for myself. I am not swimming in money, you understand, but I do have these 500 gold Mizas of which I can spare for housing, at the moment. I will leave the searching for a house to you if you don't mind, as I have limited knowledge of Alvadas."

A courteous smile left Ronar's lips as he waited for a response.
Last edited by Ronar Bolbek on April 28th, 2012, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronar Bolbek
Just a madman with a knife

Words: 31414
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on April 24th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Ronar:

Thread continued in Finding a New Home
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Indyrio on April 28th, 2012, 3:34 am

14th Day of Spring, 512 AV

“I’ll be damned,” he found himself whispering to no one in particular, eyes concentrated on everything at once, which was to say that they were not at all.

Indyrio had the look of a boy no older than twenty, the thick dark stubble on his face the only peculiarity belying his youthful poise. Dark strands of hair had been combed back in suave fashion, still damp from a stream he had bathed in earlier that morning. With a musk of campfires and conifers, it was evident that his life had been influenced a great deal by the road of travel. Sometimes it was a natural wonder of the world how he had survived it all. But thanks to an uncle’s keen insight and more important watchful eye, Indyrio had arrived miraculously unscathed.

Unlike other cities of which he’d only received a glimpse, Alvadas was to become his new home. No other city, his uncle had told him with just the hint of a knowing smile, could teach Indyrio more about his chosen path than Alvadas could. Accepting this as simple fact without so much as batting an eyelash, the young rogue parted ways a few miles from the outer wall with the group of men he’d only known as his educators. They had no names, no aliases, did not even exist as far as the world concerned them, except for his uncle. And that was only compulsory by relation.

Finding himself spinning in lazy circles as his violet eyes attempted to consume all they took in, Indyrio finally crossed paths with a red sign that brought the scattered pieces of his attention down to a single note of inquisitive interest. Seemingly led there by steps with no purpose, he quickly read the words scrawled boldly against the red sign and smiled willfully to himself.

Pushing against the iron latch to the door, a slender wisp of air greeted him, tugging gently against the loose ends of fabric he adorned. The scent of many books hung heavily in the air, reminding him for a passing moment of his uncle whom kept a small library of his own. Though not nearly of the same volume, the feeling left him quietly nostalgic nonetheless. Stepping through the threshold, Indyrio neatly closed the door behind him and allowed a moment for his eyes to adjust.

Looking across the room, a solitary figure sat studiously behind a desk with a mound of what looked to be ledgers piled next to her. She was pretty in some regard, a simple fact that Indyrio never overlooked with anyone of the opposite sex, though never let it truly consume him until he had her in his arms. While he couldn’t see her eyes just yet, the rest seemed alluring enough to paint an impish grin upon his face. “Now that’s more like it,” he began in pleasant surprise while stalking forward, waiting for her head to turn. “If more cities had such charming faces as yours to greet them, no one would ever want to leave.”
Last edited by Indyrio on May 1st, 2012, 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Indyrio
Player

Words: 28699
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2012, 4:25 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on April 28th, 2012, 6:29 am

Indyrio:

The woman behind the desk was bent over 4 ledgers, her eyes scanning furiously over the numbers in figures while one hand scratched notes onto a spare sheet of paper. Her hair was a tangled mess, her eyes filled with a maniac focus that bordered on obsession. From under her breath came the briefest of murmurings as she spoke to herself the data that she now collected, but the purposes of all that was before her, none could truly say.

With a sigh Serenity pushed herself up from her stooped position, stretching her arms over head and yawning widely... just as Indyrio walked in. Shaking out her hair, Serenity passed one hand through the tangled locks and straightend the sliver spectacles on the bridge of her nose. A smile fixed upon her face as she straighted her back, adopting her most professional expression.

"Welcome to the Sanity Center." Though Serenity was by no means taken with this bold young man and his compliments, she none the less enjoyed being flattered, though she would never let this show upon her face, "How may I assist you?"
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Indyrio on April 28th, 2012, 8:00 am

Each leather-soled step was a softly groaning footprint against an aged floorboard that a thousand more like it had once shared, cataloged meticulously in the twisting annals of time, left only as a passing thought to Indyrio now whom existed contemplatively in the present. The searching violets of his eyes held a quiet curiosity about them, drawn in by so much that he found it difficult to gaze respectfully at the only other notable life form in the room.

Slowing to a leaden halt before the occupied bureau, Indyrio was briefly startled by his own ineptitude, a sheepish smile crinkling the right side of his face that was accentuated by some coloring along his cheeks. "Quite the collection of pages you have here. It's a wonder you ever see the light of day."

Nonplussed by a comment that in no way answered the woman’s question, the thin dark wisps of Indyrio’s eyebrows stretched towards his temples while the whites of his eyes grew bolder. Opening his mouth to extend some manner of apology for his impudence, he just as quickly thought better of it and recomposed himself. In filling his lungs with the redolence of books and documents older than himself, Indyrio exhaled sharply and laced his hands through the slits of pockets in his breeches, ready to try again. There was only a thin mist prickling his flesh that needed wiped off. “I’m looking for work, miss.”

For a moment Indyrio felt that perhaps he had said too little in the way of his request, his eyes gravitating between hers for some silent form of enmity brewing. But rather than ramble on about himself to someone who ostensibly had more pressing matters than to listen to a boy recite his aptitudes, Indyrio’s drying lips remained pursed.
Last edited by Indyrio on May 1st, 2012, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indyrio
Player

Words: 28699
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2012, 4:25 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on April 29th, 2012, 7:41 am

Indyrio:

Thread continued in A Place of Employment.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Eridanus on May 10th, 2012, 5:39 am

Day 90, Spring of 512 AV
Early Morning

Eridanus opened the door quickly, striding with confidence and purpose. The day before had started many things, and he was sure that it was only the beginning of a potentially grand legacy. Still, there was quite a bit of administrative stuff to handle, and this was one of them.

"Excuse me?" He asked the lady at the reception counter. "I am looking for a temporary office of sorts to rent for a single season of Summer. I require the location to have the space and facilities to support a reasonably simple office, as well as an attached meeting room. How much would that cost me?"
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Fallacy on May 10th, 2012, 5:51 am

Eridanus:

The scribbling of paper is all she has heard all day. Her hand moved across the parchment in fine lines, practiced, straight lines that marked years of practice. She was in the middle of updating the books in Alvadas, and boy was the sight of the man who walked in welcome.

Placing her quill back in the ink vial, she left it there, all forgotten, as she watched and listened. "Well of course. Just a simple office and common area?" she asked sounding all too glad to have a distraction from the boring monotonous work she had been doing. "Let me see here..." she got up and went though papers here and there, "We currently have two models for rent." she informed him, handing the man two official looking documents, "This one here is cheaper, costing 3 Gold Miza a day to rent, but it is just the bare bones. No furnishings. Just the rooms that can be filled."

"However, this one," she motioned to the other paper, "cost 6 Gold Miza a day, has furnishings. Its a very simple design, but would work." She smiled at him, We do have one more, but it is a little pricy." she informed him, producing another paper, "This one cost 10 GM a day and is just a bit more fancier than the one that costs 6." she said, "If I may ask, what are you interested in using this space for, young man?" she gave him another all too helpful smile.

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext