Location [Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas Location] The Sanity Center

Postby Naeya on July 14th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Timestamp: Season of Summer, 46th Day, 512 AV – Late Morning

A frazzled-looking Konti woman stepped hesitantly into the Sanity Centre, as though she were afraid the doorframe would collapse or disappear on her at any moment. Her jade green shirt was tucked untidily into her white cotton pants and her usually well-kept blonde hair was pulled back into a single messy braid. The woman’s olive green eyes flitted nervously around the room, and landed on the front desk. After a second of hesitation, she began to walk slowly towards it.

“The City Of Bewilderment.” This was what Naeya had been calling Alvadas during her short stint in the city, but not out of fondness. She had only spent a day here and she could already feel herself nearing her wit’s end. She had spent the entire afternoon of the 45th trying to find The Cubacious Inn, but no one seemed to be able to give her and her companions reasonable directions. “It moves around,” they’d said, which only served to confuse and frighten the poor Konti even more.

After several hours of searching, she’d finally found it located next to a shop called The Tattered Thread. The Inn’s odd shape caused her to question why no one could tell her its location. One would think it would be quite easy to spot, she remembered thinking at the time. Once there, however, Naeya had settled into her room quite easily, thanks to Georgia, and she soon began to feel moderately better. In a moment of misjudgment, she’d made the mistake of venturing outside the Inn for food. She had seen a little food shop close by, and had intended to spend only an hour or so there. Unfortunately, the Inn seemed to disappear once more and finding her way back from the shop had taken her quite some time.

Early this morning, Georgia had kindly suggested that Naeya visit the Sanity Centre in order to learn more about the… (how had she put it, again?) “funny features” of Alvadas. Georgia had told her that the Sanity Centre didn’t move, but she couldn’t possibly fathom what that meant. Buildings and streets that move? At that moment, Naeya wished more than anything to be back in Riverfall, safe and sound and stable.

When she reached the disorganized front desk, the Konti woman couldn’t see anyone around to help her. Spotting a small bell, she tapped it several times and listened as its tinkling chime echoed throughout the room. “Hel… hello? Is anyone there?” Naeya could feel tears of frustration welling up behind her eyes, and she tapped the bell once more in an effort to distract herself.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Glyciera Litiiva on July 25th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Timestamp: 10th of Spring 512

As the door of the Sanity Center closed, the momentary flood of noise from outside was abruptly shut off. Warrin stood just inside, gazing at the mess of a desk before him. He wore his usual attire, a plain cotton doublet and pants. His hair was down today, a few sandy-blonde locks hanging in his face.

The silence was broken by a quiet crunching. On entering the city he was greeted by a large group of children engaged in a snowball fight. He wasn't so much confused by this as he was relieved from the heat Glyciera had made them suffer through getting here. A ball of snow now rested in his hand, and he took an occasional bite out of it.

One of the words on the sign outside had read "Housing," and that was just what he had come for.
Glycie's simply horrid with people, if I leave it up to her we'll be sleeping outside. As much as he had enjoyed the snow, he somehow couldn't see Vessaj being very happy about that.

After a moment or two he made his way to the desk and sat down at a chair in front of it. The leather satchel was set down next to him. There didn't seem to be anyone around, so he tapped the bell once.

As he waited, Warrin took another bite of the snow, contemplating what a house in a city such as this must be like.
Glyciera :: Glyciera thoughts :: Ditria::Warrin::Vessaj :: Anyone using hypnosis

Glyciera will be gone for the foreseeable future due to severe migraine problems. If you have anything you absolutely need to tell/ask her or have any suggestions or advice pertaining to migraines please send them to Wart. Also please don't worry too much, hopefully we'll have her back on her feet soon enough.
Glyciera Litiiva
Which of my faces would you like to meet?

Words: 11328
Joined roleplay: July 23rd, 2012, 5:39 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on July 26th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Scorn:

The morning, if it could be called that, had arrived far too soon for dear Serenity. Her hair was a mess, sleep still dotted her eyes and she yawned more often than not. After fumbling for a moment with the door she gratefully collapsed into the chair behind her desk, pushing aside papers to rest her head on the table. Absently she wondered if she could get in a small cat nap before the first poor lost soul came stumbling through her door, but alas this dream was shattered as she heard the swinging of the door. Raising her head she blinked once, twice and yawned,
"Welcome... to the Sanity Center. How can I help you?"

Serenity would look blearily at the figure before her, not quite noticing the great wings and fur covered form. In fact, she would actually take a piece of paper and a quill from her desk to jot down any notes she might need as the figure spoke. Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, or the exhaustion brought on by endless days dealing with the citizens of the city, but for the first few chimes Serenity would act as if it were completely normal to have a Zith in her small office.

Finally she stretched her arms over head, yawning big and shaking her head,
"Alright then, you said your name was--" She would pause, her eyes finally taking in what was in front of her, and a gasp would escape her lips, "Lhex's beard! What the sh--" Quickly she caught herself, forcing down the words of exclamation with a series of gulps, "I-I mean... Um, yes... Y-your name w-was what again?"

Naeya:

From a door behind the desk Serenity appeared, looking frazzled and exhaused. Her hair stood out at odd angles, her eyes were blood shot and her lips were a thin line of annoyance. Her hand moved to quickly stop the bells ringing, and she sighed and sat down in her chair. Rubbing her eyes she spoke in a way that made it seem rehearsed,
"Hello and Welcome to the Sanity Center. My name is Serenity, how may I be of assistance to you today?"

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Aiden Alex on August 1st, 2012, 1:43 pm

Aiden, Season of Summer, 12th Day (Afternoon), 512 AV

As the door slammed shut behind Aiden, a look of relief washed over his face. He wore a simple white linen shirt with black slacks. His delicate features were unusually ripe with intensity, giving him more of a boyishly good look, and his long black hair was untamed and wild. I've never experienced anything like this place. Absolutely incredible. His eyes shone of bewilderment, excitement, relief, and even a hint of fear. His breathing was heavy, a slight glint of sweat only serving to bringing focus to his feminine facial features.

Having entered the city early in the morning, he certainly hadn't expected it to take until the afternoon to find the Sanity Center. Buildings there one moment, gone another. Streets just up and vanished. It would be quite difficult to set up here, but it only served to make it all the more exciting. There would certainly be no lack of entertainment, although it would no doubt hold more than its fair share of frustrations. No matter. In a place of illusions, I can be what I wish...

He scanned the area until he noticed the front desk. A small smile grew on his lips as he adjusted his pack and walked towards it. The mess that adorned it was comical to say the least. "Is it possible that the city holds more order?" He chuckled, moving his slender hand to ring the bell, waiting patiently, eagerly, to meet the person who worked here, not to get his new home and find a place of employment, but to meet new people. After all, this place might just be home, and if that were true, he needed to find people. Preferably those who needed him.

He closed his eyes while he waited, the smile turning slowly into a grin.

This is going to be fun, isn't it?
Aiden Alex
Player

Words: 8489
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on August 1st, 2012, 4:00 pm

Aiden Alex:

There was the sound of stumbling and mumbled curses, and then from a back door there appeared a woman. Her hair was wild and disheveled, her clothing looked as if she had just stepped out of a harsh wind. Beneath her eyes were darkened circles, and lines pulled at the corners of her lips and on her brow. The woman would quickly straighten her attire before coming to sit at the desk, sighing and looking at who approached,
"Welcome to the Sanity Center. I am Serenity, how can I help you?"

The line sounded rehearsed, but then again this woman did this every day...
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Naeya on August 1st, 2012, 10:10 pm

Naeya hastily wiped away a tear with the back of her hand as a woman, presumably an employee, entered the room. The woman looked slightly crazed and, if possible, seemed even more out of sorts than the young Konti. As Naeya watched her walk up to the desk and stop the bell’s ring, she was given the impression that this woman was irritated at being disturbed. This impression was further supported when the woman, Serenity, “welcomed” her to The Sanity Centre in a most unwelcome and uninterested tone.

“I, um… I’m sorry if I, uhh… woke you?” Naeya phrased her apology as a question, and her uncertainty was clear in her voice. She had expected a warmer welcome (based on Georgia’s description of this place), or at least a woman who wasn’t half-asleep. The good news was that Naeya felt more confident dealing with irritable people rather than with the frightening oddness of the city.

“I have, er, quite a few concerns about Alvadas and I was told that I should come here.” She fiddled nervously with a strand of hair, and looked pitifully up at Serenity. “This whole… moving-building business is kind of overwhelming. I don’t quite understand. Why do buildings move? How… how is that even possible?”

Naeya wrinkled her forehead as she spilled her questions and worries to the stranger. Her voice was beginning to border on hysteria. “In Riverfall, where I come from, buildings stay in one place. They’re not supposed to move… Why do they move? And... and another thing! How did that giant statue speak? It did speak, right? Or did I imagine it?”

The Konti’s imagination had begun to conjure images of herself in some sort of asylum for the mentally ill. What if she had made it all up? What if she was seeing things that nobody else was seeing?

“...This is real life, right?”
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Aiden Alex on August 2nd, 2012, 1:47 am

Aiden

Aiden flashed the woman a smile as she entered from the back room. Her hair was just as out of sorts as his was, though she certainly looked a bit more worn than he. He brushed his bangs aside and nodded to the woman. Stress could take down a person just as a sword or magic, but in a more subtle way. The constant bell ringing, people asking where things were at in a city which never stayed the same. It could drive a person insane.

"Ma'am, I've been informed that this is a place of relative calmness in an otherwise chaotic city. I seek permanent lodging, if you can aid me, I would greatly appreciate it." He hesitated for a moment before continuing. "But before we continue, I'd like to do something if you would be willing to entertain a silly boy's whims." He dug in his pack and pulled out his makeup kit, showing it to woman, a sheepish grin appearing.

"If it wouldn't bother you, I see a beautiful woman who has all of her time taken by the madness of this city and it's people." Glancing behind him and seeing no one else waiting in line, he continued. "Take a moment to enjoy the little joys of life if when you can," he said with a wink.

I know I do.
Aiden Alex
Player

Words: 8489
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2012, 1:19 pm
Character sheet

Postby Scorn on August 4th, 2012, 8:05 pm

For some reason, everything in this strange place felt the need to ask her questions. Well what about MY questions? She started to ramble in her own language, and it took her a good few sentences before it caught up to her that the human had spoken Common, and probably expected Common in return. This was going to get frustrating.

With a sigh heavy with exasperation, she slammed her clawed hands down on the woman's desk, and leaned in close. "Where am I?" she demanded. "What is this place that is so bright and loud and does not smell of fear and blood?"

Recalling the woman's question, which seemed as irrelevant and unnecessary as the rock's question, she added, "You can't pronounce my name with your silly human tongue. But Those of your race may call me Scorn."
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Lliwen Vafara on August 7th, 2012, 12:14 am

2nd day of Summer 512AV

After taking her first dubious yet excited steps into Alvadas, Lliwen finally arrived at the Sanity Center. This was the beginning of her new life, and she couldn’t wait, even though she couldn’t help but think what a strange name this building had and how its ability to stay in a constant place in this ever changing city fascinated her. Her footsteps echoed as she approached the empty desk and she rang the bell, the ringing splitting to her ears. She had been travelling too long and craved a proper place to call home. A sadness welled up inside her as she realised she was now alone in the world, without even the company of Nikolette, but alas, seahorses could not live on land. Taking her back to the stables where Lliwen grew up was an odd sensation, her parents appeared almost like strangers to her, the brief conversation they had forced. At least she said goodbye, she did not know when or eve if she would see them again.

Out of her backpack whilst she waited, she took out the book she found in that cave what seemed a lifetime ago. How many times she had read through its pages, cramming her head with all the information of Alvadas; and now she was finally here. Tears of joy burst from her blue eyes and ran down her cheek. She still wasn't used to that sensation, though enjoyed it in a strange way. This also reminded her that she must find some water soon; her skin felt the need to be submerged into water's cool embrace. As this thought crossed her mind, a woman came to the desk that had a smile that was a little too friendly on her tired face.
"How can I help you?"

Momentarily lost for words, Lliwen broke her silence with a nervous giggle, before babbling enthusiastically,
"Well, I wanted to leave Charbosi, then found a cave in a book where I got attacked and this book was all about here and it sounded wonderful so I had to come so I..." She looked at the woman’s confused face and instantly felt foolish for her excitement. She sighed and held her arm as she often did when feeling nervous. After a deep breath, she finally managed to speak calmly in her best common, aided by her practice from the dictionary she located.
"Alvadas sounds wonderful; the illusion and mystery of it all- it's my fantasy to be here- and for quite some time I hope. So I was wondering if you could help me with accommodation and a job? I have experience with animals, and I love books if that helps, though I am willing to try anything."
[/quote]
Last edited by Lliwen Vafara on August 7th, 2012, 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reflections still look the same to me, as before I went under
Character Sheet
Lliwen Vafara
Player

Words: 23467
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2012, 12:17 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Mirage on August 7th, 2012, 1:02 am

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

PreviousNext