Expedition (Dusk, Hadrian, Ha'na, Jilitse, Guido, Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jilitse on November 12th, 2010, 1:57 am

Now that Guido had two interested audiences, it was time to up the ante. "Hearing about a door appearing out of nowhere could be considered strange, Yet here we are heading towards it. Your adventure might not be quite strange at all,"-I want to hear about it get a clue-"but I suppose it is because that there are a lot of things that are yet to be explained, yet to be discovered."

"It would be a welcome to hear about your tales," Jilitse said, "It might let us in into the things that we should expect from this expedition." Clearly, the man was the one with experience in excavating or treasure hunting. Archaeology sounded dangerous and Guido was being vague about the perils. It would be wise to milk him of specific details. She gave a wide-eyed stare at Hadrian to back her up. He was interest, too wasn't he? The thirst for knowledge was one the Magecrafter and Animator both shared.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Dusk on November 14th, 2010, 4:26 am

Dominac left them to their own devices for the most part, often falling asleep on his stoic horse as the swaying lulled him into complacency. Or as much as an adventurer can be lulled. Let them argue and figure themselves out. They would either kill each other on the way there or work it out, and so long as someone was still around to help him with the excavations, he didn't much care.

It was a five day walk to their goal, having turned off the road on the third day and making their way to the edge of the Suvan Sea. The vast expanse of water stretched out before them, but Dominac paid it no more mind than he had the previous landscape.

The last night of travel they camped on the shores of the sea with the water guarding their backs, and awoke to the sun glinting off the waves. He roused the lot of them with a rather cranky hand, and set them off.

The terrain became more difficult as they approached the foothills of the Cobalt Mountains. Shale and gravel marred the thin path, glinting silver as the sun climbed higher in the sky. It began winding steeply upward, and their view of the sea was cut off as cliffs rose high on either side of them.

They came around a corner and Dominac yanked his steed to a halt as a spill of boulders blocked the path. "Here we go," he called out, satisfaction in his voice as he surveyed the rockslide. He pointed a gnarled finger - up and up and up - and high above them they could see where the boulders had sheered off from the cliffs, and in them a metal door.

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 14th, 2010, 8:33 pm

"Perhaps he will share them at the campfire," Hadrian suggested after an almost imperceptible nod to Jilitse. If only all Nuit were as quick to cooperate as she, though he supposed perspectives changed for them when they weren't among their fellows on Sahova.

Hadrian slept soundly each night after a day's worth of hard hiking, to which he only gradually became accustomed. It was with relief as much as the delight of impending discovery that made him grin when Dominac finally pointed out the metal door that he could see with his eyes rather than just imagine in his head. He immediately invoked his Auristic vision to see if the djed around the door would give him any hints. Guido may have been the more experienced excavator, but Hadrian liked to think he wasn't stupid himself. Some of his professors might disagree, but erring more toward errors in judgment when he was excited by a topic than true stupidity. Except for Zephyrus, who was just a curmudgeon.

Almost as immediately, he began to climb up toward the door. The others might require rest, but he was suddenly infused with energy from some unknown reservoir. Perhaps it would be locked and they could batter it down with Alistair's head...
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Dusk on January 5th, 2011, 2:10 am

((OOC: All right guys, here's what we're going to do: I talked to Alistair right after he left and he said he was going to make a post where his character said he'd forgotten something and headed back towards the city for it, so that's what we're going to assume. We'll say that that first day he turned back and said he'd meet everyone at the location, and that he's not there with you when you arrived as per my post above. So just keep going, and we'll try to get this moving. Sound good? That means we still need a post from Hana, Jili, and Guido. If I don't hear anything by the 18th, I'll just move it along for whoever's left who still wants to participate!))
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on February 21st, 2011, 8:48 pm

Moderator's Note: All right, let's just call this the fail that it is, much though it hurts me to see. :(

Here is what we will assume, and if any of you have a problem with it please let me know and I will work with you on it:

The door was closed when you guys approached. You set up camp on the trail below the front of the door, and Alistair climbed up and began working on getting the door open. After several long hours, Ha'na went to bring him food while everyone remained below in the camp and ate their own dinner. Something happened, they gave a shout, and the next thing everyone knew there was a rockslide. Everyone scrambled to get to safety, and when the dust settled there was a few tons of rock obliterating the doorway, and Alistair and Ha'na were nowhere to be seen. You tried futily to try and dig back to it, but it soon became evident that it was impossible. Dominac turned everyone around, and you were home again by the 80th of Summer.

Ha'na, I will work with you separately on what to do with your character since Alistair will have died in the rockslide (per his players request that he die in this thread). Send me a PM or catch me on AIM and we'll discuss as soon as you like.

Again, if anyone has any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I will move this to my list of threads needing grading and I'll consider this closed. Sorry again, and hopefully we'll be able to work together again in the future!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Chevalier on June 10th, 2012, 1:38 am

Hadrian

LORE
  • Horse Riding, You Never Forget, Really
  • Lore: Mintrazi Bloodbane
  • Spouting Out the Truth
  • Pre-Valterrian Location in Sylira

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Persuasion 1
Observation 1
Aurisitcs 2
Interrogation 1
Rhetoric 4

Jilitse

LORE
  • Lore: Mintrazi Bloodbane
  • Digging for Info, Kindly
  • Pre-Valterrian Location in Sylira

EXPERIENCE
Skill XP Earned
Rhetoric 2
Interrogation 3
Observation 1

Storyteller Notes

Secret :
There wasn’t too much that could be extrapolated XP wise, but I awarded what I could. Hadrian you can have fun pushing your Auristics further past 100 :D. Beyond that though, as far as I’m concerned that potential pre-valterrian site STILL exists, perhaps it will come up as a potential desire you’re your characters, now older and wiser, to check out. I gave you the lore for it’s location. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Office

Previous