Steps toward Perfection (Rayage) {Guest Moded}

The master Alchemist Parsiminy Karte teaches a fellow Alchemist by the name of Rayage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 22nd, 2012, 11:50 pm

Karte looked on and observed Rayage's completion of the reaction. He did so meticulously, taking steps and counting out paces. It was all very well and good, but Karte was far more interested in the conclusion. He stood aside and watched as the power surged through the circle, and preformed as it was intended.

As the power reached its maximum, Rayage poured it into his homunculus. He was rougher than Karte had thought he'd be. Nevertheless, he did succeed in his attempt, something Karte could tell at a glance. When his pupil pulled himself free of the reaction, and turned his head, Karte already knew the question that would be asked. But, to be polite, he allowed Rayage to speak.

"It worked?"

"Indeed it did. Congratulations." Karte replied dryly. He was glad that it had worked, but not overly impressed. He had expected Rayage to succeed. And so felt that to praise him would be quite silly. After all, you don't praise someone for what is expected of them. Although, he mused, he did praise Rayage throughout the process for his competency, which meant that Rayage had earned some level of respect from him. He had not expected the fellow Nuit to be quite so talented. But now that he knew, he would be expecting much greater things from now on.

"Why did you bother to teach me this?" said Rayage.

Karte raised an eyebrow and tilted his head, both amused and curious at the question. However, his amusement did not last long. "Why? Because of the same reason anyone does anything. I chose to. And I chose to, because I felt like it. We could go further down in the chain of 'why's' but I'd rather not. All you need to know is that I did. And you benefited form it. In the future, don't bother questioning that which benefits you. Otherwise you'll find far fewer willing to hand such gifts out."

As Parsminy Karte finished answering Rayage without answering him, he walked towards a desk off to the side of the room that was enclosed in shadow. He wrote out a small message on a scrap piece of parchment. As he finished writing he waited a few moments for the ink to dry before he folded the paper into a fourth of its original size. He handed the piece of parchment to Rayage, who look as though he was about to ask another question.

Karte stopped him by speaking first. "Hand this to the golem designated B-45 in the Synchnograph office. It will transfer two of my best Homunculi to your ownership. They started off as bears, if i recall correctly. They'll have name-tags, so don't worry about naming them, or designating them. And before you ask me why, I want you to remember my words form before. Otherwise I won't even bother and I'll rip this bit of paper in two."
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rayage on January 24th, 2012, 5:23 pm

Nodding at his masters explanation of why he already felt foolish for asking such a question. Why didn’t matter, it happened, it happened and it couldn’t be taken back. Why didn’t matter when it came to the past, you cant change why question it? The past should be observed so questions of the future could be answered not those of the past. Though don’t get this wrong for not understanding the past, just don’t ask it stupid questions. Discover the past, understand it, but never question. Questions should be saved for the future so one can better shape it.

His masters explanation was more than enough, but what caught him off guard even more was the slip paper that Karte produced. Pausing, and looking at it, nodding at his words, he would not question again unless he didn’t understand something about the Alchemical process itself. ”This is…” he looked at Karte and then to the note, ”You mean, Lilly and Martha?” he asked. He has been wanting to study them further ever since he got to ‘take them out for a walk’ when Sahova was under attack by the hacked golem army. They were the bear homunculi that accompanied him and tore into the golems, effectively fighting for him. That day was a more interesting one.

‘Fond’ Memories. He reached for the paper, ”Ill study them meticulously.” he said accepting the paper, no longer questioning Karte. What a day. Lessons and then this. It made him slightly suspicious though. What was karte planning? Surely he wasn’t doing this just because he felt like it. There had to be something else, a deeper meaning behind all of this. But, Ray remembered, that Karte had been questioned by Qiaos men and if they couldn’t get anything against him he knew that he didn’t have a hope. No, not unless Karte would tell him his reasons he doubted that he would ever know.

”Anything else, Karte? Or should I deliver this note as soon as possible?” He asked. If there was something else he would stay and listen, but if there was nothing he would leave the room and head to get the note to the B-45.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alric Wilmot on January 27th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Karte picked up the lab as Rayage cowed from the rather harsh outburst. Karte would have thought it rather amusing, if he had paid attention. However, he was much too busy putting away the large alchemical ring they had used in their experiment. It was large, but Karte had designed it himself, and it was made to fold into a smaller more manageable shape. He hung it on a hook on the wall, and then proceeded to dispose of the used d-wire.

”Anything else, Karte? Or should I deliver this note as soon as possible?”

Karte stopped then, and turned to face Rayage face to face.

"Nothing else, I've done what I wanted. As for when you should deliver the note, just make sure you do it before the sun sets today. I haven't fed them in a few days, and I imagine they're hungry. So I would procure something for their consumption before I retrieved them. Other than that, retrieve them whenever you wish. As for me, I have other duties to attend to."

And with that, Karte left the room, seemingly in a hurry.
"I'm Speaking"
"I'm speaking and using hypnosis"
I'm implanting thoughts using hypnosis
I have implanted an Obsession
Alric Wilmot
The Last Wilmot

Words: 375060
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2011, 12:05 am
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Paragon on June 18th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Rayage's Loot :
Rayage

Skill XP Reward
Rhetoric +1
Philosophy +1
Interrogation +1
Alchemy +3

Lore: Location: Lab 45E, D-Wire, Charger: Auric Application

Items or Consequences: + 2 Alchemically Enchanced Bears: Lilly and Martha

This was a fun read. Enjoy your new charger and furry friends Rayage! Great guest moderation Alric! - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous