Down at the Docks (Nai'shee/Lyam)

Helping repair various important structures to keep Zeltiva's all-important docks in tip-top shape!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 3rd, 2012, 10:29 pm

Tock listened with interest as the girl described her island adventure. It sounded intriguing. Even a bit appealing. But in the end, she knew it wasn't for her.

She gave a reluctant shake if her head. "Nah, Conch," she replied, scratching the back of her head, "don't think I could. Jus' done got settled 'ere, I did. Gots too much studyin' at the Uni, gonna need a few years at 'at, I is. Too much I done needs ta learn 'ere what I can't learn off on some island, aye?" She shrugged. Free land and free reign to do as she pleased was certainly appealing, but she hadn't learned enough yet to be anywhere near ready for that. She had classes to take, babies to build, and magic to learn still.

"Appreciate the offer though," she said with a smile, patting the girl on the shoulder. "An' tell ya what, anythin' ya done needs fer yer trip, jus' get me the parts an' I's be glad what fer ta build 'er fer ya, aye?"

Nai seemed like a sweet girl, and she would be glad to lend her a hand, even if she wouldn't be joining her on her trip.
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Nai'shee on June 3rd, 2012, 10:55 pm

Her face dropped as she listened to Tock's reply. She really thought she'll accept it. And, to add more to it, Nai'shee felt the same way. She didn't have some long term plans, but Zeltiva was her only home and she didn't feel good about leaving it, but she knew she'll have to do so someday if she really plans on becoming a sailor. It didn't make it any easier, tho. She gave her a smile in response, sad, but understanding smile.

"Oh... that would be great. I just have no idea what I might need. It would be awesome if I had something to assist me in building, since I'm not really experienced, since this is my only experience, but it might be hard for me to use it." She shrugged. She didn't want to ask for too much now, since boat was top priority and she knew Tock will need time to concentrate on it. She can handle the rest somehow, she won't be alone after all.

"And thanks for today", she said, before she even got to wonder what is she thanking for. Experience? Giving her opportunity? "And for the boat, of course."

OOCYou can go and finish thread in next post. How much is my wage?XD
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on June 3rd, 2012, 11:44 pm

"Aye, nothin' to it, Conch," Tock said, giving the girl a hug. "Was nice workin' wit'cha. Jus' too bad ya ain't stickin' 'round, aye? Could use more like ya 'round 'ere."

She made sure to give the girl her address before they parted ways, wanting to make sure they could get back in touch again. Working on animating a boat sounded mighty appealing.

Once everything was packed up and everyone went home for the day, she made sure to retrieve the bird's nest she had rescued. She carried it up to the University and searched around until she found a professor of fauna who was willing and able to tend to the birds until they hatched. She didn't want them to end up someone's breakfast, after all.

OOCI don't know how much the wage for the day would be since it's coming from the npc Bossman. So what I'm gonna do is add a note in the grading submission asking the grader to award you an appropriate wage for one day's labor. And just send me a PM with skill requests ;)
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Cascade on June 19th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Minerva's Loot :
Minerva

Skill XP Reward
Leadership +1
Mathematics +1
Carving +2
Teaching +2
Bodybuilding +1
Socialization +1
Architecture +1
Carpentry +1

Lore:
Nai'shee: University Student
Nai'shee's Proposition
Leading the Crew

Items or Consequences:
+10 SP
Nai'shee's Loot :
Nai'shee

Skill XP Reward
Carving +1
Architecture +1
Construction +2
Socialization +1
Flux +1
Bodybuilding +1

Lore:
Carpenter For A Day
Tock: University Student
Tock: Dreams of a City of Golems

Items or Consequences:
+5 gm, day's work
+10 SP
Yeey, good thread, guys! These two characters seem to mesh well with eachother. I especially liked the scene where Tock turns down Nai'shee's preposition... it seemed like spontaenous writing between the two of you and was well done. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous