[Streets of Zeltiva] Charity Work (Open)

Hunger affects us all.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Satevis on June 3rd, 2012, 4:04 am

OOCI think, since the time switched, we can just start moving towards some sort of conclusion. Maybe one more round of posting each? Also, funnily enough, this is before Satevis actually meets Tock.

"Animation...?" repeated Satevis. He didn't know much about the discipline beyond the basics. It was a branch of world magic that gave life to inanimate objects. He had never considered learning it before, but like all disciplines of magic, the principles intrigued him. He wasn't sure he would make much of an animator, though. World magic was interesting in theory, but in practice, it didn't hold his interest very long.

Still, he was not one to turn down an opportunity to learn. "I'll have to consider it," he said.

He frowned at Nai'shee as she mentioned that she was using Flux too much lately. He wasn't entirely certain what the symptoms of overgiving with Flux were, but he knew that it was possible to overgive using it, like with any form of personal magic. "You shouldn't overdo it," he said.

In any case, it looked like they were done here. He glanced back at the children, but they were already starting to leave. The excitement caused by the dog and the food had passed, and a few of them were starting to head home. Tomorrow, they would cluster around him again as he handed out food. He resolved to be here tomorrow. He couldn't break now.

"We should begin heading back," he said. "Night will be falling soon. Do you two live in the dormitory?"

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kaeson Dakano on June 3rd, 2012, 1:08 pm

"Tock?" Kaeson repeated, adding, "Yeah, I know her -- actually we animated something not too long ago." Kaeson paused, listening to the rest of what Nai'shee had to say. Nodding, Kaeson smiled at Nai'shee and said, "Essentially, yeah. I mean, it's a little more complicated what you said, Nai'shee, but not too much. The process is simple, you create a soulcore -- a simpler version on the 'soul', you construct the persona - which involves giving directives, dictating the levels of intelligence and emotional sentience, and then finally, you mold the animation's astral body enabling it to use it's physical one. A little bit more complicated, but essentially the same to what you said, Nai'shee.

Kaeson looked at Satevis encouragingly, saying "You should come along as well, once we have a time and a place set up for an animation lesson. Nai'shee and you are both going to teach me something, I should try and teach you all something as well -- or try and pay you both back in some way."

"Yeah, it is getting pretty late," Kaeson noted Syna's position in the sky. "Probably only a bell left tell she sets and Leth takes over" he thought to himself, considering whether or not it would be rude to ask Satevis if he could watch him change -- he'd only read about their change before, and Kaeson had always wanted to see the change happen in action. "No, I don't -- but I'll be moving in to the dorms for the Summer season," Kaeson said. Not having a job, Kaeson wasn't certain that he would be able to manage his own house -- let alone keep up the money he would need to buy food and other neccesities. Kaeson knew the dorms provided everything and it was all for free too.

"I'll be heading back, now," Kaeson said, gesturing to the hill where he lived. "I guess I'll be seeing you both around?"

OOCI was thinking that we could each start a thread now that it's summer for each of our "lessons", like Nai'shee has one for us in flux, Satevis, you have one for us in Reimancy, and then I could do one for animation?
Kaeson Dakano
Witchin' Wizard

Words: 120420
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nai'shee on June 3rd, 2012, 2:16 pm

"Yeah, you're right. I was just helping around, rebuilding and stuff. But I don't want to ruin my body at sixteen..." She kept being afraid of it, but never doing anything. Soon enough, she'll have to consider giving up Flux. When she becomes powerful enough without it, she surely will. She was even more afraid of ruining her body then possible overgiving leading to many consequences and death which comes from other forms of personal magic. Her body was everything to her, she wasn't a stative type who could spend rest of her life reading.

"Oh... really? I just met her couple of days ago." She smiled. Tock really was a person who deserved a smile while mentioning. She then turned to Satevis. "Oh, hey, why not?", she was almost offended by his lack of determination. "Come on, try it, you have nothing to lose! I always learn new things, no matter how bad am I at them and how useless they might be. You might come to need anything at some point, life is surprising." She felt bad when she realized she was lecturing Ethaefal, being who had lived dozens of lives and seen the divine, being probably superior and more intelligent than young human woman, but she couldn't help it. One of her first ideals was: learn as much as you can. She got confused when somebody considered opportunity for such a thing.

"Kaeson, no worries, you don't need to pay us back. The main idea of the organization was for everyone to gain some knowledge, so you don't need to hesitate to go and ask some people who don't need your skills for classes. However, it's great that all three of us will get to help each other grow their skills!" She felt weird speaking of main purpose of Trente's organization, as if she knew something more then them. She didn't talk to Trente about it too much, but she knew it was his main goal, to teach and be taught, without any conditions.

"I do live in dormitory", she replied, observing gray tones of the sky above them, "and it is really time to be heading back". She weaved Kaeson while leaving, adding: "Yeah see ya". She got to dormitory, exchanging few words with Ethaefal on their way back. She was glad she seen two of them because she was now able to think of something despite famine, of incoming classes she was about to give and be gain. She could not help being excited.

OOCSatevis, lol, really? Yeah, it is funny.XD By the way, you may want to reply once more, since Nai and Kaeson got to convincing you and stuff, but you can end thread after that.
Kaeson, I'm busy 'til 20th of June, so it would be nice if two of you wait for me, but you can go and do some threads yourselves before I come back. I promise you those Flux classes when I'm back, tho.
ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Satevis on June 4th, 2012, 2:24 am

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Paragon on July 2nd, 2012, 3:15 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Satevis's Loot :
Satevis

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Animal Husbandry +1

Lore: Kaeson (acquaintance), Circle of Magicians

Items or Consequences: + 3 Status Points for sharing food for the children

Nai'shee's Loot :
Nai'shee

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Animal Husbandry +1

Lore: Circle of Magicians

Items or Consequences: Nil

Kaeson's Loot :
Kaeson

Skill XP Reward
Observation +1

Lore: Satevis (acquaintance), Circle of Magicians

Items or Consequences: Nil

Well this went off topic XD Nevertheless, fun thread. The animal husbandry was for being good with the dogs. I like how you formed a little circle of magicians here - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous