A Sweet Fire in the Dark [Flashback/Solo/Training]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The massive stretch of desert that overwhelms Eyktol. Here, a man's water is worth more than his life, and the burying sands are the unfortunate's mute undertaker.

Postby Nayato on January 5th, 2010, 8:06 am

Time-Stamp: Nightfall, 5th Day of Winter, 504 AV

Ferocity was the word of the day as nature gave no leverage. The sun casting its full radiance upon the sand making those realize the burning land's wasn't just a name. Even worse was the wind, the dry heated wind, making a subtly cringe with every breath. The wind blowing sand slowly chipping away at anything standing. This was a day most would never ally with winter, only a Chaktawe would only dare venture forth in such weather.

Nayato had seen this weather constantly when growing up and found it best to just thank the gods for his survival and keep moving forward. For hours Nayato had been trekking through the desert holding the reins of his horse, Tsutla. Guiding her through the constant screens of sand, Tsutla carried all of Nayato's possessions so loosing her was not an option. Before Nayato knew it the sun had fallen canceling out the furious heat and bringing intense cold yet the wind never ceased.

Nayato had decided to travel on through the darkness his sight blurred as his second pair of translucent eyelids where shut. Walking on Tsutla started to resist pulling back on the reins wearily. Nayato persistently started to tug on forward until, Not but three feet from him a singular patch of life. A small bush covered by sand with small leaves of green that waved in the wind. Nayato himself stood in an awe at how life grew even in this harsh environment. A plant that tolerates the desert simply by its toughness. It competes aggressively with other plants for water just like himself and his people. After that seeing such a sight Nayato decided to set up tent for the night.

Looking to the sky nayato knew the sun had just set not but an hour ago so the night would be a long one. It was instinctual as the tent was set next to the covered plant and a fire had been made. His horse was tired itself and needed much needed sleep and food, Water wasn't a worry for them both. Nayato exited his tent wearing his cloak made of wool. The cloak was a faded brown and sleeveless, the reason being the body was the only thing that needed warmth in this environment as the arms could handle themselves. Nayato went and dug up the plant noticing it was eatable plucking some for himself but, the rest he let Tsutla graze while reins where tied to a stake in the ground.

Nayato sat around the fire crossed legged his back to the tent while he watched the wind make the flames grow wild and stronger, His quiver of arrows to his right along with bow for protection. At this time Nayato, with face covered in designs with black beetle paint, started to pray in his own language of Tawna.

"Oh Great Spirits,Mother of water and Brother-Crow of Inginuity;
All life.
Help us, be kind to us.
Let us be happy.
Let us lead our children
To a good life and old age.
These our people; give them good minds
To love one another.
Oh Great Spirits,
Be kind to us
Give these people the favor
To see green trees,
Green grass, flowers, and berries.
So we all meet again
Oh Great Spirits,
We ask of you...."

Nyato then went on to burn the leafs he plucked in the wild flames, a sweet smell soon flooded the area, the wind casting it even further in all directions. Nayato just sat and prayed more watching the fire.....
Last edited by Nayato on May 19th, 2014, 9:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Words: 146321
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on June 4th, 2011, 1:23 am

As the wind rustled the flames, time passed until he was finally ready to stand up. Stretching his arms into the air Nayato bellowed out a large sigh of relief. There was a feeling of perfection that was always so relaxing just after praying, like all was right in the world for the few moments that one held on to faith utterly giving in to their beliefs. Nayato kept his outstretched hands in the air playing with the empty space as he grabbed at what seemed like nothing at all. Softly the gust of wind flowed through his hand like a current of water. The motion of the wind played with his senses in a way that didn’t confuse the mind. He could detect his horses movments from her close distant but in the distance his senses where scrambled. Lowering his arms Nayato walked around his small camp looking out in each endless direction only seeing a sea of sand out into the horizons. Looking over his shoulder Nayato smirked at Tsutla’s fine layer of sand that began to build up in her mane. Walking over he began to brush along the horses neck. “We should be alright for now until this storm passes. It nothing to big. Should we head out to meet the Eypharians or trade with the Benshira? Lets see what we have to trade?”

Nayato began to talk to himself rather then to Tsutla who seemed more focused on the small patch of grass then her owners intentions. Sliding his arm from her neck to the saddle, Nayato checked the straps undoing them as he slowly removed it setting it beside the campfire. While Nayato did want his horse to be rested he just wanted what was in the saddle bags. Kneeling into a crouch he began to feel depressed with what he could barely call items worthy of trade to anyone. Nayato felt like drifting away, the mellow feeling he felt from his previous prayers each slowly starting fade away into the desert. Falling backwards from his crouch with a plop that caused a small cloud of sand to rush into the air. Looking up at the sky a sigh slipped from his lips. Forcing himself to sit back up Nayato knew if he didn’t start work now he would soon find himself running out of time and in all honesty. He didn’t want to work in the morning heat.

Taking a goatskin backpack from a saddle bag Nayato set up a smaller campfire next to the large one he made in front of his tent to work with. Removing several small items from the bag Nayato set all the things he would need to Fletcher arrows from from his toolkit. Nayato has always made his own arrows and bows while it gave him a better understanding of how to use the weapon it was also a livelihood. Trading arrows or just making things for his people the skill proved its worth a million times over. Retrieving his quiver of arrow the Chaktawe began to run form a list of needed equipment that he didn't have.

THe first and most obvious of the the shafts, his quiver was full of arrows that he himself had not made but bought and were fine. The only singular arrow that looked out of place was lined with black paint and fletched with crows feathers. It was his personal touch to create all black arrows. Pulling the arrow from the quiver Nayato regarded it for a moment before setting the black arrow back into the quiver. Even in the storm and the night, he knew which direction he had travels from. Nayato remembered he passed a small dried out Acacia Tree not to far from where he was.

Contemplating the amount of time it would take to get there on foot Nayato cast his gaze to his horse. He had pushed Tsutla to the edge far to often for any horses good. The trip and back should only take a half hour, he thought to himself as he gathered up his weapons and repacked up his things into the saddle bags. After talking one last check of the surroundings he was sure it was safe enough to leave on the quick trip for resources...

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on June 22nd, 2012, 7:09 am

Setting off to the The main fire he made along with the second smaller fire proved to be his beacon in the dark. The sweet smell that proved to be incenses in the fire also helped him should he get to lost and smell his way back. The desert was unforgiving regardless of the time of day. Rubbing his eyes, Nayato soon trailed his hand up his black panted face to stroke though his hair. This was a simple trip he thought to himself until his steps completely halted. Howling erupted form the darkness around him, the sounds lacing to combine with the wind that made the sound drift far into the distance. Nayato himself had heard the howls of Golden Wolves before yet for some reason this sound made him cringe. The sound of multiple wolves so close to him was dangerous as they hunted in numbers. When the sound faded, it truly faded. Not just the wolves but the wind had died down leaving no sounds at all other then Nayato‘s own movements.

Reaching behind him, Nayato pulled out a single arrow and set it on his bow. Holding the weapon down in a eased ready to fire position. He had set out to make it to the tree so quickened his pace. Looking around he focused to try to catch a glimpse of anything he could or any type of sound. He had made his way further into the desert, the stoniness within his demeanor held a hint of fear. Echoing from the silence sound broke the darkness. It was distinct, but not exactly what could call familiar. This was clearly not the sound of a wolf but another person’s voice. Nayato was a very suppositious man, this world full of ghosts and the supernatural in some way. That he always thought any voice in the dark was a beckoning soul of some kind. The more he concentrated on the sound, to pinpoint it, the softer it became until it faded altogether. This was becoming aggravatingly annoying as minutes passed, and he continued on his way to the tree...

The trek to the Acacia Tree took just as long as he predicted yet what he found when he had arrived was beyond natural. Crouching down low whispers passed through the air, solemn but not hostile. Then, the voice went quiet again. Suddenly quiet. Deathly quiet. The same, inaudible sound he had heard and felt before returned, this time louder...Whatever it was, it was close which made Nayato raise his bow into a firing position holding it up. What happened next happened within the span of a few second as the corporal form of a ghost exited the dark sneaking up on the Nayato’s back.

Quietly, the Chaktawe was unaware of the ghost as he tilted his head looking each way to his sides then at the tree. Looking over his shoulder Nayato felt as if his copper skin turned completely white as he turned on his toes to point his bow and arrow at the transparent figure. The man held the appearance of a Eypharian, gruesomely gnawed to death as bite marks covered its face. His distinct four arms were each missing leaving it armless. By reflex alone Nayato let the Arrow fly from the bow as it flew though the transparent ghosts head doing having no effect at all; the arrow soon sinking into the sand a distance away…

Nayato was unprepared as he looked on waiting for any type of reaction from it.
Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on June 22nd, 2012, 8:52 am

After a moment of staring at each other passed neither of the two had decided to speak first. Stepping up Nayato broke the silence with a clear tone of voice full of curious anxiety. “What is your name?” The ghost narrowed its eyes before leaning closely to the Chaktawe’s face. “ Names are fleeting things. The ghost barked out, unsure of its own name as it turned to go float around the Acacia Tree. Nayato knew that if the ghost were alive he would have spittle hit his face from the sudden shout. “In my life I was so proud to have owned many things, slaves, items, trinkets… No names are worthless. Only set upon something so the living can point and say claim ownership. Hollowed words that die upon your lips.” Nayato looked upon the chaos that was the ghost nature, its facial expression one of rage and sadness. The fear he once held about the darkness was soon met with pity for the ghost. Thoughts of why such a person would latch to a world, only haunt the desert in the middle of nowhere moved though Nayato’s mind as he lowered his bow. Pity and sympathy for the creature.

“If names, ownership, and bonds formed are so unimportant then why are you still here and not transcended into the Afterlife?” The nameless ghost turned to Nayato with a venom in its eyes. ”Are you blind you filthy little sand savage? Do you see my arms?” Honestly Nayato felt the urge to mention that the man was a ghost and technically didn’t have arms, but decided against saying that. The insult threw him for a small loop but considering the ghost was Eypharian he let it slide. Having been to Ahnatep enough times to hear far worse he rolled his jet black eyes. “I wish to pass in grand fashion. Not in this broken form. I have moved with the sand, hidden, trying to keep focus. Trying to remember where I in turn gave up gave all that I am. My arm’s are scattered and must have what has been corrupted restored…”

For this to be his reality, the ghost 'didn’t look a gift horse in the mouth'. It had flow into Nayato with the intent of possessing the copper skinned man. Nayato closed his eyes as he soon dropped his fathers short bow onto the ground. His facial expression became blank as if he were barely even there to live the moment, he didn't dare to commit to the moment with anything more substantial than the faintest of smiles; In fact the smiles were from the ghost, the frowns form Nayato himself as struggled to rip control of his body back from the ghost. The battle of wills lasting for ten minutes until the ghost flew from his body, tired and float lazily around the apparently strong willed desert native. ”Damn it.” The ghost spat out as it looked at Nayato.

Nayato himself fell to his knees as soon as the ghost left his body, finding an odd sensation of his body syncing itself to one will. ”You could have just asked for my help! I would have given it!” He said in a loud burst of Tawna his native language. Only knowing a small bit of the language the ghost understood what the Chaktawe had said. After a long pause the ghost looked worried. “Would? Does this mean you will not still help me?” Nayato looked up at the ghost slightly angered but would not deny a dead man one last wish that would send it to happiness. Speaking in common language again he sighed. ”If I were a lesser man I would leave you here to wallow in your misery. But I would not live with myself if I committed such an act. What must I do to send you away and be done with you?”

While he was fascinated with ghosts, Nayato did not like almost being possessed which made his mood slightly more hostile. Which was good considering he was now about to go hunting. The ghost floated next to Nayato unable to put the locations into words as the ghost spent its sanity to only etch the sots to its memory. ”You must follow me…" From what he could tell, the ghost was missing four arms so he had to find four arm bones if they were already covered by the sand then this it would be difficult. Before he follwed the ghost Nayato Picked up the arrow he had fired at the ghost head moments ago setting it into his quiver. Looking over to his camp's fire that appeared as a star light on the distant horizon then Begrudgingly turned to follow the ghost.
Last edited by Nayato on February 18th, 2014, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on June 23rd, 2012, 7:41 pm

The silence was painful as they ventured into the desert. Nayato holding his tongue as he simply wanted to get this quest over to clear his conscious. The environment had become monstrosity calm from its previously that they blowing wind. Sand no longer blowing against him in random gusts. In another time and another place, Nayato would have been elated meeting a ghost. The stories of the forsaken ruins of Eloab forever etching his interest into the ethereal since it was his birthplace. Now as a result of this meeting he felt annoyed though still curious. Looking though the ghosts back he could see ahead to the direction they were walking before he spoke. "Did you really forget your name?"

The question caused a low chuckle to emanate from the ghost in front of him. "No." The singular answer left Nayato stumped. "True I have given up much, but I meant that I am dead. I can not take anything with me after I pass on. But I can choose what I wish to leave behind and how wish to leave this world." Nayato became aware of the sudden truth in his words that all people wished to finish a goal before they die or at the very least choose how they meet their fate. Nayato had imagined that this ghost had been eaten alive in the prime of his life. "Since I am sure you haven't forgotten your name? Tell me what I should call you? Or does sand savage suffice?"

The grip on his bow became relaxed as the string connecting the tips of the limbs was unstressed. "My Name is Nayato." The ghost seemed to float slowly as if it were tired, lazily bobbing from side to side. "Well Nayato, I would say its a pleasure to meet you but that stunt of rejecting me has left me slightly drained of soulmist." The word didn't register with the chaktawe as he repeated it questionably. "Soulmist? " Before the last word slipped from his lips the ghost spoke quickly while laughing. With no warning or mention of preparation the ghost blinked away, teleporting itself away leaving Nayato alone. The index finger on the hand holding his bow crossed over the neck of the arrow he had armed to hold it in place. Holding his now free hand up to let the palm of his hand point outward. The black, freckles on his fingertips felt as if his fingers were dipped in water. Something was close enough that he could sense it in the air caused by movement.

On instinct he drew back on the bow, bending his knees into a slight crouch. A blurry figure on four legs ran across his peripheral vision. Turning quickly he was already prepared to fire as slight growls sounded around him. Three Golden wolves appeared from his front and to his sides, each malnourished with skin decaying into their bones. The flashing of sharp fangs was a sign of their intent to make him their meal for the night. As the wolf in front of him stalked closer with small steps into the sand; Nayato let his arrow fly sinking into the skull of the wolf dropping it where it stood.

As soon as the arrow made contact the two other wolves charged at him. Nayato jumped forward to avoid the beasts duel charge, landing on the ground next to the dead wolf he had shot. Turning to the side he made himself a smaller target as he grabbed for another arrow to set on his bow. Taking aim he let the arrow flow through the air slicing its way through the pelt of the wolfs side. It didn't kill the beast but the wound cased it to topple over onto its side. The third wolf had already charged while Nayato was making the shot onto the second wolf. Grabbing the wooden limb of his fathers short bow, he swung it as if he was swinging a battle hammer crashing into the Golden wolfs head causing it to fall over but quickly regained its footing to run away into the desert.

Looking around he couldn't see any more wolves other then the one whining in pain from the arrow in its side. Walking over to it he looked down at the helpless beast before loading one last arrow. He could swear the wolf looked him in the eyes knowing it was about to die. "Sleep well" He whispered as he made one powerful pull and release that sending the arrow to push through the wolfs heart quickly.

Once he was done the sudden laughter of the ghost echoed from the distance. Casting his eyes upward he watched as the ghost walked towards him. "I have been waiting years for someone to kill those creatures." Clearly not in a celebratory mood Nayato gathered up the wolves as he removed the arrows from their bodies. Not wanting to waste anything. If the beasts were not picked apart by scavengers he would skin them for their pelts later. "Sad that that other one got away though. Good thing there are two of my arms right over there.

Glancing over he noticed a hand outstretched covered in rotten flesh sticking out from the ground. Walking over to pick one up, he dug a little to loosen it from the sand amazed at how it still had enough flesh on it to keep the hand and wrist attached to the arm itself. Oddly enough the stench it held didn't bother the native much at all. Setting the arm itself into his quiver he soon picked up the other which was in the same condition of the first one. "Why were you even out here? You don't seem like the type of person even for someone born of Eyktol to be wandering a desert." Examining the arm as he set it in his quiver to join the other one.

Last edited by Nayato on February 18th, 2014, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on June 23rd, 2012, 8:33 pm

The ghost nodded it head looking down to notice its missing arms. "I was traveling with my father, a gilded man of the Pressorah's court. A socialite one might call him. Though more then that he had a skill which some called on, tending to cast away ghost that haunt people. From dead lovers that appeared to your occasional slave that passed on but wanted revenge of a former master. Surly as his son he passed this knowledge down to me though dealing with the dead was beneath me so I didn't study enough

... but i digress.

We rode in caravan towards Yahebah and stopped for the night to rest. I along with a ravishing women decided to have fun in the desert sand. We did but soon after the wolves arrived. I was eaten alive but she got away since the wolves were to busy with me. It was my own fault really for agreeing to the whores fantasies and died miserably below my station."

Nayato couldn't help but laugh a little, his previous hardened stare broken. What was so scary about death? Why did so many people fear it? There were so many questions that he asked himself, as the story severed to just cause him to image a more needless way for a person to die. His jet black eyes wondered in a different direction than his mind, as he thought about morbid things. His gaze soon met with the ground upon thinking about his mothers death soon after giving birth to him. Did she not regret anything upon her death bed after having bore a son? Or did she regret not being able to be in his life? Nayato had to shake the thoughts from his mind as his smile faded again.

"So you were a Spiritists in life?" Nayato walked forward towards the ghost, he had already examined his transparent wounds upon first seeing the ghost but now was clearly 'looking' Setting one hand lightly to poke the ghost. "Stop doing that. The ghost said with a slight annoyance. "Yes, though a poor one. I knew how to do some things like make soulmist." There was that word again which now confused him endlessly. "If it is a ghost power source how were you able to make it when alive?"

The ghost started to walk in a new direction that Nayato could only imagine was were its other bones were. "Soulmist is the key to the Spiritist's power. The living have an Astral body while the dead strip it away to replace it with soul mist. Its not all the hard to create Nayato. You just need Basic food and some blood. Was it really so simple? Nayato thought to himself as he followed after the ghost. "What type of foods?"

The spark had grown again, listening intently for the ghost to recount the experience of learning its craft. His reaction to the situation had been pretty much dulled until this moment. "All you need is three foods from different sources like an egg, some flour, soft cheese, and blood to make a dough. I mostly used my own blood because you have to have it in your body for a short time for the dough for it to work. After that its just a matter of concentrate to focus on what creating the soulmist."

The moment was like a dream to the man, learning something he found intriguing. The moment was great though he had sensed it first before physically noticing the large beast huddling at him that sprung into a dead flying tackle. Turning towards the direction of the disturbance his fingers felt. "NO!" Nayato's confusion was met with sudden action as he fell backwards onto the ground as the wolf aimed to bite at his neck. It was the wolf he had hit with the spine of his bow that ran away previously. His hands rose to shove his bow into the Golden wolfs mouth as his hand frantically searched his waist until it found his dagger. With a strong thrust the daggers blade it sunk into the beasts abdomen; with a sudden turning motion a snap erupted as the blade separated its spine.

The wolf's blood splattered across his body as Nayato threw the carcass aside. Laying on his back in the sand his chest was covered in bleeding clawed marks from the wolf's paws. The ghost loomed over Nayato for a moment looking at the fallen Chaktawe. "Hmm, it would seem you have killed all of wolves that killed me. That gives me little peace, but peace is peace none the less." Tilting his head up slightly off the ground Nayato said sarcastically. "Glad I could help" Standing up he examined his wounds noting they were not so bad, he would most likely have clawed scar mark over his heart but nothing more then a scar.

"Your not dead yet so come on, my arms are right over here." The ghost said trying to spur the young man on who was doing this quest for him out of the goodness of the Chaktawe's own heart.

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nayato on July 5th, 2012, 7:46 pm

As Nayato laid on the ground he thought about the saying “Your eyes are the windows to your soul“. If that's the case, Nayato’s soul must be very peculiar. He wondered how his soul would appear if he was ever a ghost. Would the jet black of his eyes make him transparently darker, cloudy, and mysterious. Or would he reflect like the bright sun off his eyes like black gem stones. Not one to ever take his own life, the singular thought passively grazed his mind. Slowly he flexed all his muscles, checking one last time to see if he was still in one piece. When he decided he was, Nayato began to sit up brushing a small amount of sand from his face and standing to his webbed feet.

"I have constantly haunted this area attacking the beasts for so long that they always ran when I appeared. Punching them when ever I could to make sure they never took my arms too far from my body." The ghosts voice was crash, solid, and very straightforward. Under the impression that he should look towards where they ghost was facing, Nayato did not miss the arms on the ground covered lightly with sand. “As a ghost, do you know how hard it is to dig? It is a tiring Endeavour but I was lucky the wolves came back. Something apparently caught their attention as I watched them sniff around. I was going to attack them when I ran into you.”

Lifting his head to the sky he could smell the faint traces of the scent’s he burned back at his camp. “That was my fault, I burned a newly growing Creosote bushes leaves. It had no yellow flowers bore any fruit of the creosote bush. The smell is strong though not many find it as sweet as I do. When sick most tend to burn the leaves to relieve congestion.” A moment of silence lengthened after Nayato spoke while he collected the other two severed arm bones. A flick of a glance upwards showed Nayato that the ghost was not interested in hearing about exact details why the wolves were drawn to the area since he was so close to having his body whole again ”Yes, you burned a plant. I have heard enough about the dead wolves, i have already said i was happy they are dead but I no longer care. Return quickly to the Acacia Tree where we first met.” The ghost using the last amount of its strength soon blinked away, vanishing to the Acacia Tree.

Still, his musings had brought him full circle to the place where his unexpected quest began. The journey back to the small tree gave him an odd sense of dejavu. First looking for the tree to attain its branches to fill his quiver to work on some arrows, but now his quiver was stuffed with several rotten flesh covered bones. Nayato felt as if he had been gone from his camp for what seemed like two hours, which was correct. It took near thirty minutes to follow the speck of light on the horizon that belonged to his campfire to the tree. The arm-less Eypharian ghost stood next to the tree greeting the Chaktawe with a smile. "It was under this tree where the wolves feasted upon my flesh. My body has been covered by the sand some time ago as I lay beneath the tree. I wish for you to add my arms to my sandy grave here, at this spot. It is my last request."

Looking to the ground Nayato had already come so far in helping the ghost that he felt a pride in nearing the finish. Falling to his knees near as he began to dig quickly, boring into the ground tossing the shifting sand away. Because he was only using his hands the dig took a few minutes as the ghost looked on, looming over the digging man. When he was finished Nayato was met the dried bones of a man. The skulls mouth opened wide as if it were screaming in pain during the last moments of its life. It empty hollowed eye sockets glaring at the world; Sand filling the empty crevasses of the skull. Nayato had made eye contact with the skull and didn't flinch away from the strange horrid sight. Turning his head he looked to the ghost who had not seen its body in years yet unlike Nayato quickly glanced away from the sight.

"I was not supposed to die like this... not here." There was something in Nayato's steady gaze that made his the ghost realize he was about to pass on. "But their is no reason to cry over it now.. so please? Set my arms with my body and rebury me but, before you do. Take my journal. I feel you would find my notes on my beginning Spiritism interesting." Nayato's eyes widened at the reward he was given for completing this task. Reaching to remove a tattered sand covered scroll from the body. Unrolling one end of it to a long continuous roll of writing material in the language of Arumenic. Though it was his poorest language he could still understand the writing as he bowed his head politely at the ghost. "Thank you, Hakimeth the Spiritists." Nayato had read the mans name on the scroll which caused the ghost to chuckle. "Well now that you know my name, how about carving it into the tree for me? Mark my grave as thanks."

Removing the four arm bones from his quiver, Nayato set them into the sand grave each lining up with the arm sockets they first belonged too. Something strange suddenly happened to the ghost after the arms were returned. The ghost smiled as its transparent ghostly form no longer appered arm-less and decayed; The ghost now looked quite handsome and had its arms back. Looking back to the corpse Nayato covered it with sand then removed his dagger from his waist. Carving the name ~Hakimeth re Ahnatep~ on the trunk of the small tree.

When he was done Nayato picked Hakimeth journal of random life events and basic Spiritism and set his dagger back into his sheath. "It is done, you are whole again my friend." Hakimeth had a elated grin on his transparent lips while looking at all of its ghostly hands. Responding in a happy tone "That I am... I am" With those final words Hakimeth let go of his attachments on the world to pass over into the afterlife. There were no bight lights, sudden phenomena, or even a sound as the ghost simply faded away with a smile on its face. Nayato stood there for a moment at Hakimeth's grave site with a smile on his face before making his way back to his camp site.

The walk took more then an hour as he walked slowly, tired from his adventure. His horse neighed at him as he simply sat in front of the fire, reading Hakimeth journal studying any information it had to offer.

Nayato
Embracing Eternity

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Colombina on July 23rd, 2012, 4:23 am

The XP Wand Is Waved!

Thanks for including a good description and understanding of the desert flora and fauna in addition to racial attitudes. I like to see immersive threads.
Next time you take on several wolves I expect a bit more drama, though ;) Also, as a beginner spiritist, remember that all you can do in the face of being possessed is refuse to move. So keep on doing that until you it the next level.

Nayato's Loot

Wilderness Survival 2 XP
Long Bow 2 XP
Knife 1 XP
Spiritism 3 XP
Lore of how to build a fire
Lore of Ghost Appearance
Lore of properties of Creosote
Lore of how to create weak soulmist

Misc:

3 Wolf hides
1 scroll covering only the basics of Spiritism

Colombina is pleased.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)