An Unplanned Series of Events (Nai'shee & Anselm)

In which Nai'shee and Anselm find themselves involved in something they hadn't planned on

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Anselm on July 21st, 2012, 8:21 pm

“This is not good,” Anselm muttered under his breath as two men sauntered down the street and stopped in front of the house. One of them pushed the door open and stepped inside, very nearly colliding with Nai'shee. A conversation followed, which Anselm could not hear, and then Nai'shee dropped the map on the hallway floor, stepped around them and pulled the door shut behind her. A moment later she had locked it and was looking toward Anselm. “This is not good,” Anselm muttered again as he hurried across the street.

“Break that window,” he said, pointing at the building's lone front window.

Then he stilled himself and drew his awareness inward, focusing his mind on the two tasks at hand. The first was to disengage his left astral hand. The second was to shift his visual focus to the other side of the door. One of the men had found the map in the dark and they had just discovered that the door was locked. Anselm projected his astral hand beyond the door and, as the sound of breaking glass found its way to his ears, he snatched the map out of the man's hand and pulled it out through the crack under the door. He was re-attaching his hand when two things happened in quick succession.

First, a light came on upstairs. Second, the door flew open with a crash as one of the men threw his weight against it. The two men tumbled out into the street. They didn't notice Anselm, who had backed up along the wall into the shadows. But they saw Nai'shee.

“Hey, bitch!” One of them said. “Hand it over!” They both charged toward her.

OOC :
Good luck!
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Words: 203207
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on July 21st, 2012, 8:56 pm

OOCYou just love to do this to me. :disgust: XD
Upon Anselm's mention of a window Nai'shee remembered they could exit trough one so she hurried to do as she was told, boosting her punch with Flux. She run towards the closest window, the one on the room that the map exchanged hands before. Noise was loud, it was likely something that would draw attention of guards, if the man in the building was not enough. And, on top of that, she was not disguised. Confused, Nai'shee watched the map fly towards Anselm. "What on Mizahar-", she couldn't finish because her friends broke the door. Petch. She had to run, of course she will be blamed. After all, even if those man weren't friends of the victim, she was full of scratches and it was obvious that she was the one who had contact with glass. Glancing towards Anselm she concluded escape wasn't much better of an option. If she made her way out of there and they chased her he would remain only suspect and the map was in his possession.

Guards, she reminded herself, think straight. She grinned widely in the man's face. "I'll make you think twice before insulting me again", she said, pulling out her knife. She sobbed in fear once, before she cut trough her left hand. Wound wasn't too deep since she didn't want any permanent damage or disability, except due to pain. It was as if somebody stabbed her skin, but not much deeper than one inch. Still, wound caused her to bleed and leave traces of blood on the ground around her. She threw a knife on the ground besides the man, before she fell on purpose, hitting her nose a bit. She surpassed laughter, adding the fact they thought she was the one holding the map. It would convince guards to put them in jail even more. She just hoped Anselm would make it out of there. In that moment, the owner of the house appeared on the front door, screaming for thieves and she heard distant running footsteps of guards. She sobbed on the ground with supposedly terrified face.

Who will they believe, young wounded woman on the ground who wasn't in possession of any weapon or map they will talk about or two mans who had plenty of motive for this?

OOC2I don't know should we get moderation for this, if I recall correctly we can't interact with the guards, and I guess especially not trick them this badly, without approval. Send PM to someone and if they agree you can post NPC reactions until it's Nai's turn to tell her story.

ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anselm on July 25th, 2012, 1:33 am

Anselm assessed the situation: the occupant of the house was standing where his front door used to be, the two men had gotten up and looked like they weren't sure what to do next, Nai'shee was lying on the ground bleeding and whimpering, and city guards were about to appear on the scene. As near as he could tell, nobody had seen him yet. If he were to move slowly away along the sides of the buildings, he might be able to put enough distance between himself and the scene of the crime to escape detection altogether, leaving Nai'shee to fend for herself. Yes, he thought. That's the smart thing to do. Of course he did something else instead.

He did not know what role the two men had in all this, but it was a good bet they would not want to discuss it with the local constabulary. The occupant of the house also had reason to avoid drawing the attention of the authorities. He would most likely prefer that this problem just go away. Those were the psychological levers. All Anselm had to do was use them.

He drew his consciousness inward, shutting out everything except the two men in the street. He used his Djed to push his aura out until it encompassed the nearest one. Then he built up a feeling of panic in his own mind and “pushed” it into the man's mind. To Anselm it felt like a puff of air blowing from him to the man. His intention was that the man experience it as a feeling of panic, as a fight or flight reaction. He willed it to be so.

“Let's get outta here!” The man shouted and ran for the alley. The other man hesitated for a moment. “No wait,” he said. Then he ran after his fleeing companion. Their timing couldn't have been better. Two guards came around the corner a block up the street just as the two men sprinted across the street and into the dark alley. The guards shouted and came running.

Anselm turned his attention to the occupant of the house and again extended his aura. He whispered, “They attacked the woman.” The man didn't actually hear Anselm, but he reacted immediately. “Guards!” He shouted. “Those two men … they attacked that woman.”

“Get back inside.” Anselm whispered. “Don't get involved.” The man retreated back into his house. One of the guards stopped by Nai'shee long enough to determine that she was not seriously injured. Then he and his companion pursued the two fleeing men down the alley.

Anselm stepped out of the shadows and limped over to Nai'shee. “My dear, perhaps we should be going,” he said. His voice probably betrayed his tiredness. He had expended a lot of Djed.
Anselm
Being dead ain't so bad

Words: 203207
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2012, 3:56 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nai'shee on July 25th, 2012, 11:14 am

Unaware of her companion's Hypnotic skills, Nai'shee was fairly surprised by how slim her plan went. She bit her lip in pain and stood up, holding cut on her left hand by the palm of her right, so it would stop bleeding. She didn't have time to improvise bandages now, they really needed to get away. She picked up her knife and cleaned it by already bloody sleeve. Will somebody mistake her for a murdered like this? The thought brought shaking smile to her lips. "Yeah, let's hurry. How about we just go home for now and meet to discuss copying the map later? I don't want to dirty it by blood." She was definitely heading towards dormitory. She didn't know what to think of Wrenmae seeing her like this, but that would be the best place to take some basic care of the wound before going to Infirmary. She tucked her knife back into his scabbard. "I can come to your fortune-teller tent in the evening the day after tomorrow, if it suits you. I kinda have something to ask too..." With that Nai'shee would leave by herself if the old man didn't protest.

ABSENCE
Common
Fratava
Nai'shee
One day, you'll all know my name

Words: 240186
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 7:22 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cascade on August 2nd, 2012, 5:29 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Ansemlm's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Stealth +2
Disguise +1
Auristics +1
Hypnotism +1
Projection +1

Lore:
Propositioning Nai'shee
Working with Nai'shee
Nai'shee: Improviser
Hypnotizing the Guards

Items or Consequences:
+ Map (of what?)

Notes:
Using Auristics to figure out the interior of a house needs a lot of skill and focus. What I mean is that it would be better if you didn't make it seem too easy for Anselm. :) This goes for everything else.
Nai'shee's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Larceny +3
Stealth +2
Reimancy +1
Subterfurge +1
Flux +1
Acrobatics +1
Negotiation +1

Lore:
Working With Anselm
Self-Inflicted Wounds
Tricking the Guards

Items or Consequences:
Wounded Hand
Nai'shee, I always love your job threads. You are always so clever with how you do it. Anselm, I love how you continously proposition PCs and give them stories to work on, and I appreciate the opportunites you give other players. Great job, guys. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous