[Pash'nar's Scrapbook] I Make Things Look Pretty

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Nira'lia on August 10th, 2012, 2:46 am

I send you mah loooove!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pash'nar on August 12th, 2012, 1:04 pm

<3

Well, 20 weeks today. Halfway through the wait to meet the December mini-human. Don't hold your breath for another ultrasound picture, though. Between a new job, moving, and switching insurance, who knows when we'll have all the stars in alignment for the anatomy scan. It's not like we actually want to know the gender, anyway.

I'm heading to Charlottesville this afternoon to stay with friends, and I start my new graphic design job tomorrow. Aah. It's going to be strange going back to the grind outside of my own house. No more working in my pajamas. Bummer. But, it's only temporary—even if that temporary is a year or so. Once we get settled and the press is running again, we'll see if I can't go back to freelancing down the road. Not that I'm closing up shop on that; I'll probably still try to keep a couple of projects going outside of work for fun.

Anyway, if I don't reply tonight once I get settled at my friends' house and the toddler is asleep, I'll reply tomorrow night after work.

Thanks for being patient everyone. It's been kinda crazy the past few months and it's made it hard to do everything I want to. :P
Pash'nar
There's always room for more.

Words: 295535
Joined roleplay: May 1st, 2011, 3:51 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Pash'nar on August 14th, 2012, 5:02 am

First day back in an office setting was fun.

But, I sprained my foot.

Long story. Foot hurts. Must sleep.

Explain later.

I have a few more posts to write, but LOOK I WROTE SOME WORDS today.
Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on August 15th, 2012, 12:12 am

whee words!!!!!! yay things!!
Sariana
Player

Words: 98220
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 3:13 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Pash'nar on August 19th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Well, last week was a busy week. I started a new job in a new city that required me to sit in a cubicle and actually get dressed before 10am instead of answer emails over coffee in my pajamas. I jumped right into moving websites over from ASP to WordPress, but a wrench was thrown into my productivity when the web server crashed and no one could figure out how to fix it, not even by Friday. We're hoping it didn't eat itself; there's a LOT of information that needs rescuing off that machine. I ended up spending the rest of the week "putting out fires" for other marketing folks—email templates that were supposed to be finished yesterday and t-shirt designs for an upcoming event. You'd think they were just waiting for me all this time or something. It felt good, and everyone there seems really awesome to work with.

When I wasn't working, specifically on my lunch break, nice work people dragged me willingly downtown (across the street) to feed me delicious food. It was fantastic.

I didn't have the toddler telling me he was hungry or needed to pee or wanted to read a book every 45 minutes while I was writing PHP or editing a vector image, so I felt really strangely productive. Not that I didn't miss the boy. I didn't get to see my hubby all week except for Wednesday when he picked up the toddler to take back to Lynchburg and meet his mom who came down for her birthday. So, despite the fun, it was really kinda lonely.

This week, I'll be by myself again. We signed a lease to our new rental house last Wednesday and will be moving next weekend. We're excited about that because the house is great!

Anyway, I'm slowly trying to get back into posting and figuring things out for a Summer that's almost over and a Fall that's just around the corner. If anyone has any ideas, I'm game. I'm still trying to figure out how to find a balance, which may take a while as I adjust to a new city and a new job. Not to mention a new baby, which will be here in December ... and that's not far away at this point. :retard:

So. Hey. That's what's been up.

Crazy things, but almost all of them have been good (except for spraining my foot, which is better now). Heehee.
Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on August 19th, 2012, 1:15 pm

sounds so busy busy!!!! I have no real words of advice. I remember starting full time work when the OTHER place was where we were. And with two toddlers. It didn't work out (but we both know there were OTHER reasons for that :/ ) but eventually you do figure it out. I find most of my posting happens at like 10 or 11pm depending on the next days roster (why even now i should REALLY be asleep). Or weekends. Weekends are friendly.

<3 it all sounds awesome though. except for servers eating themselves.
Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Pash'nar on August 19th, 2012, 1:26 pm

Haha. At least all work party fouls were totally NOT my fault. I was about 3 hours away from wrapping up my first website, so it was like, "N-noooo." Everyone took it mostly in stride, though. We're all just on the edge of our seats hoping IT can save all our data. Oh goodness. So much stuff.

Most of my posting tends to happen at night anyway, so I suppose that won't change much. Weekends will most likely become the common thing, especially since my posting has been sporadic lately anyway. We'll see what happens once everyone is all settled in and we find some kind of rhythm ... oh wait, once we're settled, we'll have a second kiddo to figure out. Crap.

LOL. :D
Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on August 19th, 2012, 1:40 pm

Hehehehe :D yay babies. I've got to wait a few more weeks before I can find out if I'm jumping on the baby-making wagon.
Sariana
Player

Character sheet

Postby Pash'nar on August 19th, 2012, 1:57 pm

Ooooohhh. |:)
Pash'nar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sariana on August 21st, 2012, 9:36 pm

*pokes with spork*
Sariana
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext