[Evalin's Scrapbook] A Summoner's Guided to the World

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Evalin on September 6th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Lol I think everyone should find their characters song XD
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Naeya on September 6th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Haha that's a good one! Ev the Ice Queen, boo-yah.

I did some searching and came up with:

Naeya's Songs :
Feist's "Past in Present"

India.Arie's "Heart of the Matter"

And, just for laughs, JLo's "Invading My Mind"
Last edited by Naeya on September 6th, 2012, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Evalin on September 6th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Those are great Naeya! I can't see the first one though. something about not being in the right country :/. Haha I am looking forward to Nira's now :P
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Naeya on September 6th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Updated the Feist song so that it should (hopefully) work better for ya!

Also, this is definitely my suggestion for Nira hahaha:

Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Nira'lia on September 6th, 2012, 8:54 pm

As much as I'd want to search for the perfect song for my PC, I'm no good at this stuff. So I'll just sit back and stalk what you guys come up with for your PCs. ;D

EDIT: Ahahaha! I love it, Naeya! It's actually a singing Nira!
Nira'lia
Healer & Seer

Words: 386960
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2011, 9:17 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Evalin on September 8th, 2012, 5:31 am

Lol I love all the videos XD. I shall find more for Eva sometime soon :D.

On a completely different note I have been thinking a lot about Gnosis lately. What about them you ask? Well specifically what ones that seem to me to fit Eva's personality.

A couple that come to mind that really seem to be "Eva" is Chordas and Krivas. I say Chordas because of Eva's manipulative nature. She is always plucking at the strings of those around her, often in subtle ways that may or may not be noticed. She always likes to feel in control, and certainly she doesn't want anyone to KNOW she is directing them. Krivas I feel is really the most appropriate gnosis for Eva, aside from Returning of course. The fact is Eva is into fear. She likes to cause fear, instill fear and manipulate fear. Personally I think that Ssena's mark is almost made for her haha. Maybe when it is allowed I can apply for it ^.^

Now what marks do I WANT but might not necessarily be in Eva's character? Lol where to begin XD

Illusionism! Top of the list of course! Lol how great would it be to be able to manipulate perceptions of reality? Now this one actually I have a very lose idea of how it could happen. Ionu is not really a trickster, he/she is a god who simply detests rules. Eva's ultimate goal is to kill lhex and, the god who oversees souls as they pass into the next life. He assigns them their next "life" so to speak. Well lhex is pretty much a god of structure and order, and Eva simply wants to eliminate it. She doesn't want to follow his rules, so maybe, just maybe, Ionu might find that interesting XD. Lol who knows?

Azenth is one that I enjoy immensely, though mostly because it deals with the manipulation of fire. Eva's element IS fire, but I am not sure if here way of thinking would really match up to Ivak's. She is not one for emotions, so before I get far in thinking and planning I run into a wall XD

Divination, just because XD. That one will never happen though lol.

Lykata is really interesting, but again I do not know for sure if it is fitting for Eva.

Night Stalking is one that involves the shadows, and while Eva is definitely a creature of the darkness again I don't think she is the stealthy type. Though having a combination of Night Stalking and Chordas would have very amazing applications...

Vexation DEFINITELY sounds like it could be right down Eva's ally, but more for my own personal reasons I am against trying for this one. Really it would be annoying to me OOC to always make sure that the demands of this gnosis exists. Uldr's mark already takes quite a bit of maintenance, but it really works well with Eva's character. I think Vexation might be a little too much to handle with it though XD. Lol that would mean I would either have to kill the girl, drink her blood OR cause her immense pain... well actually now that I think about it that might not be so bad after all.

Soooo do I want Eva to get a bunch of useful gnosis? Oh you better believe it! Will I be getting them, nope :). Lol sadly a lot of what I WANT and what is right for HER are very different. Though now that I have thought about it I MIGHT try for Vexation and Krivas. If Chordas comes along one day randomly then I shall be pleasantly surprised :)

Lol if there ever was a bit of irony in Mizahar, Eva will at the end of her journey receive a mark from Lhex XD. Now that WOULD be interesting :P
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Evalin on September 8th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Ok so per my new years resolution (which I really need to start working on earlier) there are 2 things I want to try and get back into. 1) is the piano, and 2) is drawing/sketching. I am in the process of picking up the piano again after about a year off, and my skills are so rusty! Lol tried to play some of my favorite songs and I stumbled through till the very end XD. So I have decided to start taking lessons again. Really looking forward to it actually :).

Now in order to fulfill my second resolution I have decided to subject myself to the embarrassment of showing Miza my stuff XD. I suppose I will jump on the band wagon and improve myself by drawing PC's, well at least those that come and look at my scrap >.>. Lol I am not quite ready for the Aesthetics and Design thread just yet, so for all you cool people out there that glance through my scrap from time to time if you want a character drawn just throw in a request here :). I am definitely not an artist, and in fact I can't really compare to most people here on site, but still you don't gain anything from sitting idle and wishing right? SO I subject myself to your whims ^.^

Here are some samples of drawings I have done. Please don't laugh!

Chibi :
This one was actually done for a friend, and actually I think it is a decent likeness, if she was a chibi XD. Lol this one is from way back in highschool. In fact all of the Chibi's I am showing are :P

I was having a silly day in history XD

Ok the next few are from a couple years ago. Yea its been about 2 years since I have picked up a pencil. A bit nervous actually ^.^;

Random one wing girl :
From that stage where I was just beginning to learn proportions lol.

Random one wing boy :
The picture kind of smudged but it has been a long time since I looked at it. I am still very much a novice at shading, so I may or may not attempt to do so on requested art. I do need to practice though (as is apparent XD)

Choices :
This one is actually one of my favorites, though don't condemn me for the clothes. I am really bad at drawing clothes XD

The Twins :
This one actually has a lot of history. It is based off of 2 characters I have been writing for since I was like 13. The twins Zane and Ilyana even have their own saying:

"As one we live. As one we fight. As one we die."

It makes more sense in my old stories of them :P

Unfinished :
This is an unfinished sketch witch I will, hopefully, finish one day :)

In addition I can do sketches of just about anything from inanimate objects, flowers, ect... to some fantasy creatures as well. Though if I am following someone else's preferences other than my own the causality of my art does decrease, but that is what I am trying to improve on after all :)

If anyone is interested in this offer I will attempt to find a way to do scans of my drawings instead of photos. I know its pretty annoying trying to enjoy them with all the shadows haha. So if you want a character drawn, or just something random post here in my scrap and I will see what I can do :D
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on September 9th, 2012, 2:51 am

>.>
<.<

I can haz drawing? *puppy eyes*
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Evalin on September 9th, 2012, 3:30 am

Haha sure! I can't say how long it will take bc if I want any talent at all I have to want to draw ^.^
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Minerva Agatha Zipporah on September 9th, 2012, 3:40 am

Time is no issue <3 I think your drawings are cute so I'll be waiting patiently for one ^.^
Minerva Agatha Zipporah
Quirky Gadgeteer

Words: 1329519
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2012, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)