[WiSPer] Icestone Isn't Meant for Movement

Closes October 4th

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Valkyrie on September 30th, 2012, 2:41 pm

WiSPer Event: Fall 19, 512
Plot Group: 2
Closing Date: October 4

He discovered the Slippery Slope Sledding hill!
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Torsten on October 2nd, 2012, 4:16 am

Torsten had been walking by enjoying the sunlight and the general bustle of the town, only stopping to investigate when he heard the awful scraping emanating from the alley. by now a sizable crowd had gathered and Torsten was stuck somewhere in the middle
"it looks beautiful if crude", Torsten muttered to himself upon seeing the "icestone statue". However his expression changed; letting out a gasp as it struck her hand, so fast! his face darkened, "it's incidents like this that make me distrust magic users. they take a work of art and turn it into a weapon"
Vani
common
Torsten
Player

Words: 2841
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Briar Holden on October 2nd, 2012, 9:58 am

There were many things out there that Briar couldn't bring himself to understand. Magic was one of them.

He'd been on his way to the Luminary Commons. Taking a break from his normal dayt-to-day activities, he'd scraped together enough spare mizas to be ready to indulge himself in the regular pleasures of a normal life. A good and proper meal, and he'd heard the kitchens in the Commons were fairly impressive. Since he'd arrived, he hadn't really had the time or opportunity to give that sort of enjoyment to himself just yet, though he figured it was about time. He straightened his figure and walked with a whole lot more dignity than he was used to, daring the cold with simply his clothes and a fur cloak today to make himself stand out less. ... Whether it was worth the effort or not was questionable. It took his utmost to keep his teeth from clattering, though he figured he'd have to get used to the cold temperatures of this place sooner or later. He might as well subject himself to the cold to get used to it faster.

His attention slipped and he hadn't noticed the crowd until he crashed right into it, violently pulling himself out of his fleeting daydream with the help of the subtle whispers and mutters coming from all around the gathering. His curiousity piqued, he stood on his toes and wormed his way through the thick mass of people in order to get a closer look at whatever was holding their attentions. The statue standing at the center of the crowd caught his attention as soon as he emerged enough to spot it, though he couldn't say he knew what it was. To him, it just looked like a wolf statue of similar design that he'd seen scattered about the city. Admittedly, it was sitting in a rather odd location, and... judging by the fact that a crowd had gathered around it, surely there was something unusual about this statue in particular.

The mutterings of the locals didn't tell him much. Vani wasn't a language he knew much about so he didn't really follow the conversation between the woman kneeling by the statue and the... well, he assumed it was a guard. Trying to get a good idea of what was going on without the help of spoken language, Briar did his best to gather impressions from the subtle signals of the people around him. He looked over their faces first and foremost, picking up on a certain unease and curiousity amongst the gathered crowd. ... It didn't tell him much at all, in truth. Cursing to himself in the depths of his mind, his attention turned back to the statue just in time for him to witness it move. The hairs in his neck stood on end when the cry of the woman reached his ears and his eyes finally managed to lock on to her hand, stuck in the maw of the previously perfectly still creation. His mind blanked out a little at the sight of the blood, the red painfully standing out in contrast to the pale brightness that surrounded it. He really didn't snap out of his silent and intense staring until the wolf erupted in flame and eventually disappeared before his and the eyes of the rest of the crowd.

... Briar stood perfectly still and just stared, his mind desperately grasping for some form of comprehension to help him understand what he'd just seen. He could tell that several others in the crowd were feeling the same way, though he couldn't understand what they were saying. His mouth went slightly ajar amidst it all to complement his utterly stupefied expression, though it quickly snapped back up when a friendly denizen decided to nudge him with an elbow to pull him out of his shock.

Once he'd come back to his senses, Briar turned and headed back towards the Warrens. Suffice to say, he'd lost his appetite.

Briar Holden
Player

Words: 56198
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2012, 2:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Coren on October 2nd, 2012, 7:58 pm

It had been pure chance that coren had heard the event, only the fact that the squeeling had been so familiar had drawn him towards the place, a good thing to since that made it possible that he had witnessed the icy wolflike statue that had made his way through the city. Only to be destroyed by the careless actions of the icewatch and a stupid simpleton who had thought it was safe to come close to it. At least one thing he knew now, coming close to the wolf or any kind of construct wasn't safe since they possessed a means to defend themselves a bit at the very least.

Coren just mourned the loss of another valuable piece of magic, cursed the idiocy of the wounded woman and left again. There wasn't anything here that was worth his time.

"I'm speaking vani"
"I am speaking common"
"Me speaking nader canoch!"

Real life is kicking me in the can at the moment. posting is delayed. sorry for the inconvienience.
Coren
journeyman mage

Words: 294771
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Guest Storyteller (1)

Postby Valkyrie on October 5th, 2012, 1:28 am

Torsten :
Experience
1 Observation

Lore
Magic Can Bite Back

Briar Holden :
Experience
2 Observation

Lore
Magic Can Bite Back

Coren :
Experience
1 Observation

Lore
Mourning the Loss of Good Magic Work

You Will Be Collected if Worthy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)