Closed Steel Cage Training. [Imass]

Armour and Standard Knightly Weapon Training.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Steel Cage Training. [Imass]

Postby Ball on November 7th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Ball obediently allowed his Knightly Lord to put the armor on his small round body. Luckily his stubby little appendages could hold up the bulky weight he was getting shoved into it. The Pycon didn't really feel up to wearing all this, but he had no choice in the matter. What his Sponsor wanted of him, the Sponsor got of him.... To an extent.

Running wasn't the hard part for the miniature being it was keeping shape that was. After a few minutes of running in little circles the Pycon stopped and breathed heavily for a bit before waiting the next set of instructions.

This armor was indeed lighter and easier to wear that the heavier junk that still sat on the ground beside him. Oh dear. Do I have too? The Pycon almost cringed outwardly, but he definitely did inwardly.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on November 26th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Ser Imass knelt with one knee on the floor as his squire ran around in circles before him with the chain and padded armor. The patron Knight looked down at the Pycon as it loosened up and got into a rhythm. He didn't know if this was actually helping the clay Pycon at all, but he only knew the knightly training regiment. Ser Imass would teach Ball the ways of the Knights as he learned until he learned more about his Pycon buddy.

The Knight watched intently as the pycon ran in a circle. He seemed nimble enough in this outfit. As the Knight silently watched his squire run, he suddenly had a change in plans. He realized at that moment that what Ball needed at this exact moment was a lesson about life. As Ser Imass looked on at the little pycon run diligently, he felt a sense of hope and pride. It was his responsibility to make this little squire the best he could be. The least Ser Imass could do was talk to him like a man.

The Akalak knight stood up and raced to a small container in the luggage of the camp. Ser Imass had been debating when the appropriate time would be to give the pycon a sword. He had already shown excellent promise with it's own body. Now Imass would give him an extension of his own body.

Producing a miniature version of a lance. Earlier, Ser Imass had the smithy forge it out of excess iron for Ball's benefit. With a little extra work, the camp smithy pounded it in a pyramid shape. It was a crude weapon and was jagged. In total it must have weight a few ounces. Ser Imass had not sharpened the weapon yet. He wanted Ball to do that.

"Ball, I think I have had enough of physical training for the moment. Seeing you move in that armor has gotten me thinking. I want to see you moving around more in the chain-mail first before we add anymore weight. I forget you are green and need experience. There will be time later to make you roll, once your able to withstand the exercise more," Ser Imass spoke quickly trying to explain his reasoning. He wasn't going to spend anymore time explaining to Ball why he was doing this. This was his first time training such a creature and he was doing everything based on instinct.

"Ball," Ser Imass knelt close to the humanoid figure wearing chain. Ser Imass looked at him with fierce golden eyes and a grim expression on his face, "It is time that you learn to fight with a weapon. You have been effective thus far with using your body as a weapon, but now it is time you combine armor and weapon fighting together. Do you understand?"

The Akalak knight produced the crude iron lance and placed it on the floor, "It is a cruel weapon Ball; short, stiff, and once sharpened it will be deadly. This is the first weapon at this size the smithy has made so it isn't perfect. It was given the name "Thorn" due to the waves in the lance."

Ser Imass put his hand forward motioning Ball to try out his knew weapon, "Pick up Thorn and give it a whirl Ball. What does it feel like? I will teach you what I think would be the best way to use such a weapon. How does it feel swinging it with the armor? Let me see you exercise a bit Ball!"

oocMinus 6gm from ledger for "Thorn" (i.e light lance from price list) given to Ball.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on November 27th, 2012, 3:24 pm

Ball, I think I have had enough of physical training for the moment. Seeing you move in that armor has gotten me thinking. I want to see you moving around more in the chain-mail first before we add anymore weight. I forget you are green and need experience. There will be time later to make you roll, once your able to withstand the exercise more,

This much Ball understood, it was simple to see what his liege lord was saying. This armor was a lot lighter and not as rigid as the full plate armor was. Ball could actually move better in this armor than he could with the other, so he would definitely keep moving around and getting better with this armor first.

Ball, It is time that you learn to fight with a weapon. You have been effective thus far with using your body as a weapon, but now it is time you combine armor and weapon fighting together. Do you understand?"

When his liege lord knelt closer to his spherical squire all Ball could see was the large menacing mouth and his big golden eyes. The words rang true and understandably the squire just sort of nodded his body in response. With the armor in his way the Pycon couldn't exactly make a mouth form and speak through it.

It was then that Ball was given the wedge shaped piece of iron. It was heavy and inflexible, a little like the plate armor, but it was a weapon. Ball managed to heft it up with both stubby arms and swing it around a bit, it wasn't easy as he couldn't hold it properly without any hands, just these stubs he has for appendages. The armor wasn't making it any easier to wield Thorn, but it was something that Ball could use effectively enough if trained in it.

After a few more haphazard swings to demostrate he can wield it slightly the pycon let it drop to the ground, it's tip digging into the ground as he awaited his knightly sponsor to continue with the lesson.

OOCForgot to mention to add Thorn to Ball's Equipment, this is an editted tidbit.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on December 31st, 2012, 2:22 pm

Ser Imass watched on as his squire swung Thorn around haphazardly. The Pycon was doing excellent, but not to the Knight's surprise. Ball was a talented young squire and had great strength for his size. The Akalak had full confidence that Ball would pick up the skill quickly. Nodding in approval Imass began the lesson, "Excellent work Ball! You have natural talent. Don't ever deny that Ball, but don't you think you are there yet. You need to train hard. now pay attention!"

The Knight picked up Thorn and put his finger on the pointy end, "When using this weapon, Ball, the goal is to stick - this- end into the enemy," Imass stabbed the air in front of Ball to show him the motion, "Now you are small and all your opponents will be big, so it important that you are selective where you stab. Are you following so far?" The Patron made a stabbing motion in the air again and repeated himself if necessary for Ball to understand the concept.

"Listen carefully, Ball, there are many fatal points on the body you can stab out I want you to focus on five for now. The throat. The arm pit. Behind the skull. Behind the knee. And the inner thigh." Imass pointed at each part of his body as he said it and repeated it several times or until Ball had memorized all the areas, "Remember, when you stick Thorn in an enemy I want you to aim at these points on the body... Now say it again from memory and show me the locations your own body!"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on January 3rd, 2013, 2:12 pm

OOCHeh, The 'Nee Statement is actually a Youtube link to the part in the Monty Python Movie... Heh.

The piece of pointed steel in his possession was an actual weapon! Even if all it was a small scrap of metal that was honed to a lovely point. His liege lord was going on about size and how important it was too hit an enemy in the correct place to deal the most damage. Once Ball felt he had the general idea of where the points of attacks were and their names he paused and seemed to think a bit.

“Thr.Oh.Ta.” [‘Throat.’] He pointed to the top of his spherical body. Then paused. There wasn’t really a neck or head there, so it would just have to do.

“Ar.Ma.Pi.Ta.” [‘Arm Pit.’] He pointed to one of the creases of his body that met up with his arm appendage.

Ball paused. He had no head shape to point out the back of his skull, so he just skipped over that one for a bit.

Nee." [‘Knee.’] Ball pointed at a point in one of his leg appendages that was about halfway.

“Th.Ey.Ya.” [‘Thigh’] The last point he could point at was at the upper part of the same leg appendage.

Once he did that he paused and then had to think. Need a head… Hmm.. The Pycon stood stock still for a bit and then did his best to force a bubble to emerge, but in order to do that he had to take the top of his armor off. Removing the top portion of his armor the squire formed a sort of bubble shape on the top of his body; it had a tear in the front of it to resemble a mouth. Now pointing to the back of his bubble shape the Squire burbled out his last point of attack.

“Ba.Ka.Of.Sk.All.” [‘Back of Skull.’] It was a nod of finality before his whole form crumbled into the spherical form he normally took as his form.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on January 15th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Ser Imass knelt patiently as Ball repeated the words taught to him. The Knight could not know for sure if the Pycon actually understood him or not, but it repeated and pointed and remembered. If that was good enough for Ball, then it would have to be good enough for Imass too. The Akalak had learned the hard way by losing a tooth that Ball was impartial to his logic. Imass would not falter though. Saying a quick prayer for patience he tried to motivate Ball to continue the training...

"Excellent Ball! Keep up the good work! You have natural talent my friend, you just have to learn how to bring it out! Keep your head up Ball! No, no, no --tay in the armor!!" Ball did everything as asked, but before Imass could even say anything else he was already back in his Sphere form. The Knight was frustrated, but he wouldn't let it get to him.

"Let's go Ball! Get back into the armor! Lets go, there is no turning back into a.... uh-- a ball -- on the battle field! Reform into your proper protection and pick up Thorn again! Please Ball, we are not done learning for today!" The Knight waited for the Pycon to act. Assuming that Ball would listen, Ser Imass turned away and began to call over his squire's mount, "Here boy, come on, here boy!"

It was time to get Ball charging and stabbing. Ser Imass just hoped that his squire was ready to go....
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on January 15th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Ball did as he was told, pushing out stubby appendages once more, using their additional length to fill in the gaps of his armor. It would only please his Liege Lord and thusly Ball did as he was asked. It was highly uncomfortable, but it was what he was asked... And he did say he would do as he asked.

Unfortunately, Ball's Patron Knight never got the same oath from Ball's fluffy companion, who just laid there on the grass with an ear cocked up in amusement at the large blue beast. It was obvious that the dog didn't know Imass well enough to come to him, it could even be seen currently trembling at the knight. Ball watched in amusement, luckily the armor was there to prevent any motion from Ball that would give away said emotion of humor. Ball however let out a quiet whistle, something he taught the dog early in the Spring.

The dog's ears perked up right before the dog huffed to its feet and padded slowly towards Ball, taking a hugely ridiculous arc around the knight. Once by Ball's side, the pycon motioned with one arm appendage for the dog to lay down again, the dog did as told and ball petted the dog's side gently as he hefted himself up on the dog's furry back. It was going to be a feat staying in place with the armor in the way... Maybe Ball could get a more... Malleable armor that would help him better.Maybe Blue Pycon will just do away with the stupid cage...

That was doubtful though and Ball knew it. He scooped up Thorn and tapped the dog's sides with his leg appendages, it was odd, being in this form, but the dog seemed to understand to stand back up... And thusly it did.

Now, Ball looked as knightly as he ever would. Clad in armor, holding a pathetic excuse of a lance, and on top of his trusty, yet furry and short legged, mount.

Okay, it actually looks rather comical, a spherical being holding a piece of pointed metal atop of a furry dog.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on January 31st, 2013, 5:55 pm

After what was a rather comical scene, Ball finally mounted his dog with Thorn in hand and clad in chainmail.

The Knight knelt right next to his squire and began to coach him on his riding stance. Earlier Imass had made Ball a contraption to joust on his dog mount. He tied a blanket over dog to serve as a seat. Then two strips of leather were nailed onto the sheet into order to serve as stirrups. Ball would need to work harder to balance with the crude saddle, but the pycon would have the ability to lean back into the stirrups for fighting. Contact with Thorn would cause a lot of force in his direction, so the stirrups where there to counter-act that.

"Lean back slightly Ball....No don't actually lean back!!" Imass helped his squire assume the right position, "Push down on the stirrups... yes... just like that... when you hit someone you dont want to fall off the dog so bring your core down... core down..." The Knight tried to explain to Ball he needed to balance all his weight, "Balance your weight Ball... yes lean more and put more emphasize in the legs and core... yes.. yes.." The Knight would coach up Ball as such until the pycon had a somewhat solid stance, "Straighten you body so that you are perpendicular to the saddle... yes, good.... yes... alright!"

Now that Ball had an almost acceptable stance, the Knight allowed for the training to begin. Walking ten yards away from Ball, the Knight knelt down and held a large stone up at eye level with Ball. On the stone was a red circle, "Alright, Ball, hit the target as hard as you can!" The Knight used his leg to prop up his arm so that the stone remained completely still. Should Ball miss completely the Knight would move out of the way. He was not afraid of his squire (yet).

"Hit the target with Thorn Ball, come on! Full speed now, make the dog gallup!"
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on February 4th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Ball didn't feel at all comfortable sitting on top of this ridiculous makeshift saddle, wearing a metal suit that barely yielded to his movements, and holding onto a small sliver of pointed metal. If Ball had any way to display emotions he would do so at this very moment... Unfortunately, that isn't the case.

After several minutes worth of fidgeting by his sponsor about his positioning Ball finally resigned to just sitting in the position until Imass let him go. But no that wasn't going to happen either. Now Imass wanted him to come riding towards this thick slab of rock with a target painted on it and stab it with Thorn, To hell with that shyke. Ball did as he was told though, pushing his small dog forward with a nudge of his chained stubs, the dog didn't like the idea much more than Ball did, but it obeyed far quicker than Ball gave it credit for.

So rather rapidly Ball and his furry mount closed the gap, but Ball knew that he couldn't stop the pain that was going to ensue if he hit that rock, pointy thing or not... Saddle or not... So what could he do?

Well... Ball knew he could move and quickly at at. So the pycon pushed his whole body out of the chain suit, causing the dog to feel the weight of the suit slump into his back causing him to stop inches from the rock-target. Ball dropped Thorn in mid-flight and instead elongated himself as he propelled towards Imass.

It would be easy for Imass to dodge the small Pycon, after all, Ball tried to compensate for this by forcing all four stubby appendages towards the front of his form, in a sort of X shape, the tips of each stub were pointed.

If contact was made, the Pycon would quickly reduce the points into mere claw shapes, using them to grip onto the Knight's shirt fabric and proceed to push random appendages out of his body against Imass.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on February 6th, 2013, 6:19 pm

Ser Imass waited silently as his squire Ball got ready to charge. After a few seconds the Pycon finally kicked the dog into a gallop towards the target. The dog was running pretty fast and the knight was focused on it's legs. The Akalak was wandering how he could improve the dog's stride or maybe get a new mount for his squire.

Just before contact was made, Ball jumped off his mount by pushing his clay body outside of the chain suit and propelling himself at Imass. The Akalak's eyes grew wide in surprise as the 'x' shaped piece of clay flew at him. Dropping the stone on the floor, Imass just dropped backwards on the floor in order to dodge Ball. He was kneeling so his legs were under him in an awkward position.

Turning to his right, he flipped his hips so he would be on his stomach instead of his back. He tried to stand up, but before he was fully on his feet he felt the brutal impact on a 3 inch clay ball hit him somewhere in the back. Rage and pain flooded his mind.

Flipping back around, the Knight got into his unarmed stance just by instinct. He pointed his left foot at Ball and his right foot was facing forty five degrees the opposite way. He clenched his teeth and tucked his jaw down. Open hands where brought up to his ears with arms tucked in tight.

A smile was on Imass' face, "You want to spar Ball? Very well then draw Thorn!" The Knight was going to teach his squire a valuable lesson. Back up slowly he picked up a cheap wooden training sword on the floor...
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)