Shattered Bow, Splintered Wood (open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Postby Shena'doah on April 26th, 2010, 1:47 am

Quietly, she looked at him and prepared herself for a completely horrifying story. Through it all she waited for him to reveal what he had done that would have the guards after his hide. First he described to her his studies and pretty much told her how devout of a religious person he was. This was not something new to her considering how much he liked to talk to Yahal in spontaneous spouts of prayer. In which a case, Shena knew very well how much her own opinion on Yahal must truly rub him the wrong way and for a moment, she considered doing it more often if he was to stick around.

When he finally got to the part about attempting murder, her gaze darkened slightly and she gave him an eerily insightful look. He had long since finished and she was still looking at him with narrowed eyes and a sharp look on her face. ”Are you a psychopath?” she asked blankly before realizing how crazy the question was and waved it away and shook her head for him to not answer that. ”Okay, I don’t like Eypharians either but I honestly think that is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Did you make that up for funsies? In what world is it ever okay to spill blood for blood? Especially when all it would do is piss them off get a whole lot more people than just yourself in trouble. I can’t even call this place a sorry excuse for a home!”

She had to do it, she reached out and smacked her palm flat against his forehead to tell him he was stupid. ”Granted, I’ve still a better opinion of you than any of those horse thieves you left laying in that dark alley…” she said in a bewildered state and shook her head.
Shena'doah
Player

Words: 28596
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2010, 3:24 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Hirem on April 26th, 2010, 2:03 am

Hirem took the smack on the forehead with what he considered to be grace and humility. He rubbed his lips together uncomfortably, considering what he could possibly say to this woman to make her forgive him or at least understand his viewpoint. Nothing came to mind. His visions, his absolute belief that that was Yahal's will, nothing he could say would help his case.

Hirem gazed out towards the city, rubbing his hands together. Only this morning, he had been thinking about how he would attack the Eypharians further. And now, he had escaped the city with this woman, this woman that changed his situation incredibly. He couldn't think of anything to say. Instead, he slowly pushed himself up to stand, and he turned his sad gaze to her.

"It has truly been an amazing time, Shena'doah." He nodded at her, trying to keep his emotions hidden. "May your bow serve you well, and the sands always be kind to you. Goodbye."

With that, he turned, and started to make his way through the sands, trying desperately to get her criticizing out of his head. Focus on where you're going, not where you've been. He didn't even take notice when he couldn't see Ahnatep or her anymore, he just bowed his head and kept walking, gritting his teeth.

And yet, part of him would always be sitting with Shena'doah, trying to justify himself. He would always be fumbling with his defense, staring into those cold eyes of judgement, and only when he could find a way to justify his actions could he forgive himself.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Colombina on May 24th, 2010, 11:17 pm

The XP Wand Is Waved!

What a neat thread! Shena’doah I am impressed by the excitement you bring to a thread, a girl after my own heart. And Hirem you are writing up a storm, I like to see how your character is challenged and changed. I enjoyed this thread and hope to see more like it!

Shena’doah

1 XP Riding
1 XP Disguise
2 XP Medicine
2 XP Climbing

Hirem

2 XP Unarmed Combat
1 XP Running (yes, it’s a skill) ;)
2 XP Climbing

Colombina is pleased.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous