To Light A Candle (Clyde Sullins)

Amani catches Clyde doing something that could be either very good, or very bad.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Amani on June 7th, 2012, 2:35 am

Timestamp: 13th Summer 512AV

Amani once again found herself headed back down the streets to the Silver Sliver, deciding to get a nightcap since Raenfae was out on business and she couldn't suffer Neryl any longer at home. Clad in a soft cotton gown, perfect for the summer air, she hummed as she tread along the familiar path, her thoughts occupied with who she may meet tonight. Amani enjoyed the company at times, just sitting and watching people as they tried to impress each other and even her with their antics. It was amusing and foolish, and Amani wondered half the time how these petty people lived in this city without ambition.....but her mind was wondering, and she brought it back to the present.

Seeing the building ahead of her she quickened her pace, her slippered feet stepping delicately across the stones to the front door of the tavern, a young man standing outside leaping to open the door for her. She smiled flirtatiously at him and winked, slipping inside the tavern to be greeted with the sounds of laughter and music. Bards played in one corner of the room while others played games of dice, and everywhere people could be seen eating and drinking. Deciding to take a table out of the way, Amani headed to one corner and sat down at one of the free tables, smoothing her cream colored dress as she crossed her legs. Looking out across the room she took in the sights and sounds, a small smile playing on her lips. Perhaps she will find something interesting this night.
Amani
Player

Words: 15663
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 7th, 2012, 4:31 am

People did not come to bars to drink. Of course, there was alcohol, and drinking did occur. But really, if you wanted to get drunk, there were other ways... No, going to a bar, or a tavern, was all about socializing...

So with this fresh in his mind, Clyde was doing what else, but going to a bar... Though he could not recall who had said this... Was it someone at the institute? A professor?

It was a bit funny though, considering Clyde was a bit of a loner, and usually sat alone and drank by himself. But perhaps, deep down, he did want to be approached, and to interact, and that was the reason he went to the bar every so often... For that faint glimmering hope of human interaction, of being with other people...

He of course did not think there was much chance of this... On the most part, he was not to bad to look at... He was not fat, though he also was not muscular... Though he was reasonably tall... His features were not to bad, though his face was a bit messed up, with the facial burns scarring his face since childhood... But that just brought back bad memories, which even today he could not see clearly, so he did not dwell on them...

Though it did make some wonder about him... Especially those who knew he was a reimancer... Most often they thought it was the mark of carelessness, that he had burned himself while messing around, and had earned his scars that way... But that was no where near the truth...

He had ordered a ale, but it seemed to be taking awhile, with the place so busy... That is when he noticed his tables candle had been blown out, by a gust of wind, as someone had entered, at some point in time...

For some reason, this fact really annoyed him... Really, what kind of place were they running? Then an idea occurred... Once more, it was an excuse to do magic... No one would notice... The place was to busy... But he fought the idea... Really... It was a frivolous use of magic... But it had been a bit since he last used magic...

He really NEEDED to use magic... It was itching at him in a non-physical way no non-mage could have understood... It would not take much... Just a drop of res, collected on the wick, and lighted, would be enough to set it going...

Unable to think of a good excuse for why he should not, he licked his lips, and brought his finger up to the candles wick... And let out the tiniest drop of res he had ever tried to make... Already he could feel that joyous feeling, and a good bit of that annoying itch disappearing... It felt so good to do magic... He really needed to work on that... He was fairly certain it was not a good sign, to enjoy using magic that much...

If only he had a mage he trusted that he could talk to... One he did not fear of turning him in as crazy... To bad he did not know of any such mage... His kind were far to paranoid for that...

Thinking of this, Clyde put his hands back down on his table, using only the most infinitesimal amount of concentration to keep the drop of res intact... He looked around to make sure no one was looking, and used another twitch of his mind, to turn the res into fire, just big enough to light the candle wick... It would not be obvious to any non-mage he had used magic... Unless they had been looking exactly at the wick as it caught alight... And even then, they might think it was just a trick of the light...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Amani on June 13th, 2012, 12:20 am

Amani looked around slowly at the patrons that seemed to be spending their evening here at the tavern, most coming to socialize than get drunk, but there were always the few that did. She did not see anyone that particularly interested her, the patrons here far too...rowdy for her likes tonight, and she waved away the barmaid irritably as she came by. No, she would not drink tonight, she needed to keep her wits about her.

As she continued to scan the crowd, her grey eyes landed on a young man that was at a table by himself, seemingly focused on the candle that was in front of him. He was not particularly bad to look at, perhaps a bit skinny for her tastes, but not bad at all really. Except for the scars that were on the side of his face. This intrigued her, because he looked rather young to have such vicious marks marring his features....but then again this was Ravok, and only the strongest survive here. She watched him some more, wondering exactly what he was doing as he placed a fingertip on the candle's wick. It wasn't lit, so there was no possible way for him to get burned, but he seemed to be focused intently on it and she twirled her hair through her fingertips as she watched him. Her observation was soon rewarded, because she soon saw a spark and then he moved his hand away, a burning candle clear in the middle of the table.

Her eyes widened in surprise before she smiled slowly, understanding soon beginning to flow through her. He obviously did not have a match on him, because she did not see him move to strike it against anything, nor did he grab another candle to light it. So that only left one other option. Magic. Of course she could be completely wrong with her guess, but it would never hurt to pry the information out of him, especially if he could be of potential use to her. With that thought in mind, she rose from her chair and flashed a smile to a group of men near the fireplace, smoothing her bodice and sauntering over to the young man. Upon reaching him, she leaned against the table, her hip resting against the edge as she looked down at him with a sultry smile. "I came to offer you a match, seeing as your lovely candle went out. But you seem to have already taken care of the problem haven't you darling?"she said softly, knowing that he heard her despite the noise around them. "May I sit down?" She had every intention of sitting with him at the table with him, regardless of what he said, but she figured being somewhat polite wouldn't hurt.
Amani
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 13th, 2012, 1:53 am

Honestly, using magic so openly, was never a good idea... But it had been rather small, and his magical itch had been irritating him... This had helped it a bit... Obviously he was not thinking completely clearly when he did it...

He however, had realistically not expected any problem arising from it... Of course, he could not predict someone choosing to examine him... Obviously able to make the link... He had brought his finger to his candle wick... Pulled it away... And a few moments later, while he was not near it, it had caught aflame and was burning like it had always been lit...

So with his discreteness, he was a bit surprised as someone approached his table a bit later... What else would it be but an attractive woman to come walking over, and speaking to him... Petch... She would not just walk over for no reason... She had clearly seen something, or else she would not be interested in him...

As she made a smile, and spoke to him, of his starting the fire, his suspicion was proven right... Petch... His gaze hardened, and his body language would show he had tensed and was getting defensive from her statement... Would he have to kill this woman to keep it quiet? Blast her with lightning right in the chest, and make a run for it... Blow half the place away... And then in the confusion he could....

But no, he shook his head a bit, his eyes looking off in the distance... That was the magic talking... He was not that far along... He had other, more rational options, even if what sprang to mind was the most violent and magic related one...

He turned back to the woman, who was still smiling at him, with that sweet practiced grin that showed it was not real, but was a measured expression... He wondered if she knew how close she had just come to being killed by him... How thankful she should be at his self control... Then she would not be smiling...

He answered her second question first... "Yes... You can sit if you want..." Then returned to what she had first said... Forcibly made his body unclench, as he looked her in the eyes... He put on a smile of his own, though admittedly much more obviously fake.

"I know a few tricks to do with flames... Enough to get by... Why, do you have a sudden interest in them? Or just in the destruction they can cause, when they are nudged in the right direction?"

Clyde would keep the smile on his face, as he said this last, more dark bit... Still looking at her face... Unsure if he should just kill her to simplify things... Or if she would try to kill him...
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Amani on June 21st, 2012, 3:29 am

Amani noted the way that his body tensed with her observation and she did the same, not knowing what this stranger was going to do now that she had pointed out what he could do. She had no intention of turning him in, no that would not serve her purposes at all. If she was right about his talents, she planned on using them for her own goals, providing she had something in return that he could use.She kept the smile on her face though, his own smile just as fake as hers. They were playing a game now, and Amani intended to win.

She sat down in the chair opposite of him at his answer, leaning back and smoothing her skirts as she crossed her legs. Let the games begin. "There is no need be so suspicious, I have no intention of turning you in or any other nonsense so you can relax a bit,"she said with a chuckle, trying to get him out of his defensive manner. She would not get anywhere if he continued that way.

"You could say that I have an interest in a number of things, and I believe you know more than a few tricks,"she said, her voice low so that they would not be easily overheard. His voice had a dark undertone to it, one that she did not miss. She did not know anything about him, and he could be an incredible dangerous man. What's life without a few risks though? She folded her hands in her lap and tossed her hair, her smile falling slightly as she grew serious. "I like to make a habit of making acquaintances with.....quirks, ones that could be useful if the price is right. And you....you are quite an interesting fellow." She shifted in her seat once again, her eyes on his. "I am Amani."
Amani
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 23rd, 2012, 5:15 am

If Clyde had known what she was thinking, her thoughts of using him... He likely would have burst out laughing. If he wanted to, without moving a muscle, he could blast her across the room, leaving nothing but a charred corpse. Burn out her lungs and watch as her eyes popped. It was a good thing she did not come out and say it, as he likely would have taken offense even more. Of course, she really had no grasp at the power she was dealing with, even if she did have a faint idea that he was a "fire mage", or whatever she thought of him as.

As she said she did not plan to turn him in... Well, that was a bit funny... He did not really wanted his magical abilities made public knowledge, after all, a mage worked best with anonymity, but who would she tell? The only center for mages here, which was run by the stryfe, both knew of his magic, and were allowing him to improve it. He really had no fear in any official capacity of her spreading his tale. As she said this, a genuine smile came over her face, as he realized, she did not know anything!

Surely she thought he was some rouge mage, or some person in the city practicing in secret. But he had permission, he simply kept it secret for mobility. He would likely kill to keep that secret, to make things easier for himself, but was in no real danger in that regard.

Now he was listening to what she had to say. Maybe he would actually listen. See what she had to offer. Though he doubted she had anything to offer that was of equal value for his skills.

"Well, I certainly do know more than a few tricks... I know that, even if you only suppose it. Though you speak of price. I doubt you could afford me. What exactly do you think you could offer me, that would be an equivalent exchange, or that I would want? And if you must know, I am Clyde."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on December 17th, 2012, 5:52 pm

Thread Award

Amani

• +1 Observation
  • +1 Rhetoric

Lores: Clyde can manipulate fire,

Clyde Sullins

• +1 Reimancy
  • +1 Intimidation

Lores: Reimancy: Minuteas in small Res Control, Amani knows nothing

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, so Clyde, even though you are a master in Reimancy and did a simple little trick, I gave you that point because I imagine it is rather difficult to intentionally produce such a tiny amount of res and control it that way. If there are any other questions and concerns about the award, feel free to PM me.

Notes: Sad that this thread ended, it could have been interesting. Oh well.. keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)