Closed New Lives (Aurum)

Marcus sets up his new life for his mission, and figures out what to do with Aurum.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

New Lives (Aurum)

Postby Marcus Ahysen on December 18th, 2012, 4:28 pm

New Lives

Timestamp: 2nd of Winter, 512 AV

Marcus left the temple with mixed feelings. He was excited about his mission, but also nervous. He dreaded the thought of moving, but at the same time it would be something different, and Marcus enjoyed change. And then there was the matter of his slave. Lilith had recommended simply selling her, but Marcus had grown fond of the strange kelvic. For a slave, she was oddly loyal, and there were other benefits to having her around as well. The problem was, having a slave did not really fit his new persona. Marcus was to become one of the un-wealthy for the duration of his mission, a common person, and common people did not usually own slaves. But.. perhaps there was another role she could play.

Marcus entered the building in which his apartment was located, a new idea forming in his mind. If he couldn't have a slave.. there was another way he could keep her around. The question was, would she be able to keep up the act? He would have to talk to her about it, possibly entice her with some reward. Freedom was out of the question, Marcus wasn't ready to let go of her just yet. If that were the case, he could have simply sold her and made a profit. But perhaps there were other things she might desire? Marcus would have to figure that out.

The agent stopped by the main office on his way in, informing the attendant there that he would be moving out, and then picked up some food from the kitchens before finally making his way up to his second floor apartment. He stopped outside his door, giving himself a moment to take it all in. This could very well be the last time he'd visit his apartment. After the mission, there was no telling where the Black Sun would send him. He might not even remain in Ravok, for all he knew. Marcus was proud of his home, but in the face of possibly being sent to another city, finally, he was more than willing to sacrifice the place.

"Aurum," he called as he finally walked through the door. "We need to talk."

Marcus sat down at the table, eating his lunch, as he waited for Aurum to come into the room. When she did, he motioned for her to sit down across. It took a moment before he spoke, his mouth was full of food, and so they sat in awkward silence while the agent chewed until he was done and swallowed the last of it. Marcus let out a sigh, then brushed some of the crumbs off his sleeve before finally breaking the silence.

"I have a mission. The Black Sun is sending me undercover, and I could be under cover for a very long time. Even if I am not.. I am required to move out of this apartment. I must take on a new life. Most of my possessions I will sell, and I likely will not be moving back into this apartment when the mission is done. ...my superior says I should sell you too. I could make a sizeable profit off of you, considering how little I had to pay for you. But, I am not sure I'm ready to give you up just yet. The problem is, I cannot appear to own a slave in this new role I was playing. So the question is.. what should I do with you?"

Marcus already had a few ideas, but first he wanted to see what Aurum would suggest. For a slave, she was rather outspoken, and her ideas were often surprisingly good. Even though she was just a kelvic, she was rather smart. More than once she had impressed him, and it was one of the reasons Marcus did not want to give her up. He wouldn't admit that the other reason was because he enjoyed her company.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes