[Lixue's Scrapbook]I Whip My Cane Back and Forth

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lixue on October 8th, 2012, 11:04 pm

"If you ask them if you look fat, they’ll say “don’t worry I can photoshop you later.”

I found this list on the internet after a friend linked it to me. The friend claimed I would enjoy the joke. And I did! I laughed loud enough for those around me to question my sanity.

So you can enjoy the laughter as well, I am linking the page below.

50 Reasons Not To Date A Photographer
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Words: 329233
Joined roleplay: January 9th, 2012, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lixue on November 13th, 2012, 2:49 am

"Be nice to everyone, always smile and appreciate things because it could all be gone tomorrow."

I have a daily goal. One that I've been following for about three months. Each day, I hand out three compliments. They cannot go to the same person and they must be true. They cannot be backhanded compliments and cannot be forced. Simple, nice thoughts. And it recommended, but not necessary, for the compliments to go to complete strangers.

"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

I am interested in learning new languages. If you are interested in teaching your language, please contact me. Thank you.
Lixue
The Amputator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lixue on January 19th, 2013, 3:20 am

I am developmentally insane. No, not just mentally! I LOVE developing. The art of searching for pictures until my eyes shrivel into tiny cowering ping pong balls and cry with both pleasure and pain. And then... the moment that's akin to the last scene in the movie; finding the perfect picture. The one that practically screams, "Pick me, you psychotic woman so your eyes will rest in peace!" From this simple task alone, I can collect anywhere from five to a hundred new pictures for later use and hoard them away like some student collecting bubble-gum under a desk. Call me insane, but that is my favorite part of developing; collecting pictures like an antiquer collects antiques and offering them other people and utilizing them in the future.

Note: The above picture was found using this technique and is not planned for any future event.

Note Inside a Note: Anyone waiting on a thread or reply from me, please be patient. Thanks!

"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

Lixue
The Amputator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lixue on February 17th, 2013, 3:42 am

“Gardening is akin to writing stories. No experience could have taught me more about grief or flowers, about achieving survival by going, your fingers in the ground, the limit of physical exhaustion.”
― Eudora Welty
"This is Common"
"This is Vani"

Lixue
The Amputator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Capricious on February 25th, 2013, 3:35 am

"Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing
can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness, and prosperity
to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel
that there is something in them
To look at the sunny side of everything
and make your optimism come true.

To think only the best, to work only for the best,
and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others
as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past
and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times
and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself
that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear,
and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world,
not in loud words but great deeds.
To live in faith that the whole world is on your side
so long as you are true to the best that is in you.”

― Christian D. Larson, Your Forces and How to Use Them

Capricious
Assistant Storyteller of The Spires

Words: 171332
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 11:14 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on February 25th, 2013, 3:37 am

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Naeya on February 25th, 2013, 5:23 am

Hi Lixue!

Just popping in to tell you how beautiful and positive and wise your scrapbook is. It's really, really lovely. I enjoyed that manifesto you posted, and reading about your daily goals & development inspiration made me smile. Also, could hedgehogs get any more adorable? I'm pretty sure I sqee'd with happiness when I saw your last picture.

Keep on keeping on. You do wonderful things, and Miz is lucky to have you around.

Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Capricious on March 2nd, 2013, 8:08 pm

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”
― Terry Pratchett, Unseen Academicals

*This picture does not belong to me.

Football.

I love football. No, I don't sit down in front of the TV every Sunday and yell at my favorite team for incomplete passes or fumbles. No, I haven't played on a real field in a real game. No, I don't watch the superbowl.

But that doesn't mean I don't know how football feels.

As many of you already are aware, I am still in high school. Only two years ago (wow, such a long time), I was required to take a physical education class. In this class, we played football a lot. We would spend two of the five days in the weight room (rotating to three every other week) and the rest of the time playing sports. One of the more common games we played was no-tackle football.

We would square off into four teams, grab jerseys and hit the "field." The "field" was only grass outside surrounded by cones or lines in the gymnasium, but that didn't matter. With the wind in our faces and the sun shining into our eyes, we would begin. One team would throw the ball and everyone would be off, racing to block another person. Someone would yell and the ball would go flying their way, smacking into their hands before they were off.

As it was a class sport, you were only allowed three steps and people had to be arm's length away, but nobody really paid that any mind. With sweat dripping into our eyes and our clothes clinging to us, we'd battle out on the field. Grudges and petty arguments were forgotten. The only thing that mattered was bonding with your team members and having fun, if not getting out aggression.

I had to stop playing football after my eye injury. I'm still cautious around sports and am ordered to wear safety glasses even at sporting events, but I miss playing football. I adored feeling a cool breeze calm my racing heart as I searched for the easiest opening. I loved rotating the leather football in my hand before finding the perfect grip, lining up the shot, and seeing the ball arc through the air. Hell, I even miss having the bruises on all parts of my body from catching and reacting to the ball. I appreciate grass stains in clothing or rips and tears from falling. I like having rips and tears in my clothing or sore muscles.

I'm not saying this to be boastful or brag, but I'm good at football. I have an arm that can throw nearly the length of a football field and not fumble except when tired. I react faster than I think and have sticky fingers once I get serious. I'm fast on my feet and a good blocker.

I haven't played football in nearly two years. I was never on a professional team of any sort and I was never able to stand on a football field under the shining lights and listen to people roar with delight, but that doesn't matter. I want to play football again. I will. Even if it's just my friends chasing each other around or me playing by myself.

I miss playing football.

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Capricious on March 31st, 2013, 9:44 pm

“The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg not by smashing it open.”
― Arnold Glasglow

Capricious

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Alea Davenport on March 31st, 2013, 10:13 pm

I'm sorry I'm so impatient and needy! You can smash the egg over my head in punishment if you want ;)
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext