Solo A Mini Lagool in Mura

Ball Training

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

A Mini Lagool in Mura

Postby Ball on January 12th, 2013, 3:11 pm

43rd of Winter, 512AV
Crack of Dawn
Silver Lake

Ball left Nira sleeping quite early this morning, the sun wasn’t even gracing the horizon before he ventured out with his faithful and nameless companion, his furry four-legged canine mount. It was an hour’s travel, maybe more, before he reached a serene little lake surrounded by large trees and a beautiful glimpse of the rising sun. Dawn had officially arrived to Mura.

Without a sound Ball lowered himself from his mount’s back and rolled a few feet from it, taking in the serenity and quietness of his surroundings. The slightly unleveled ground proved treacherous under his curved edge, so the pycon was forced to flatten his bottom to fit with the ground’s slope. Ball had no clue as to where he was location wise as he knew not the name or its purpose. To him it was just a peaceful and calm location to relax and maybe get in some practice.

Taking in a few deep breathes and then exhaling them Ball tried to force his nexus into a state of calmness, it was hard, seeing as all he could think about was Liege Lord and if he was still alive. Shaking himself free of those thoughts Ball went back to forcing his nexus to calm down, it took a whole chime, always trying to meander its way back to those horrific thoughts and feelings, but soon he found a thought he could remember.

It was a season ago… I was exhausted from some extensive training sessions with Liege Lord and the Pretty Lady Pycon the days before. I was in the clearing I used as a training spot the Pretty Lady Pycon. It was a calm place, sort of like this, when I met her… Other Pycon… She was so beautiful, a little version of the other larger Pycons. She was so graceful, so kind… Until I fell and tried to use her to keep my balance… He frowned and his calmness flooded away.

With a grunt the Pycon once more started to repeat the process…Find something to forget all your troubles… All your problems… Ball kept his breathing slow and methodical until finally his nexus just emptied itself out, it was a long process, at least a chime or two, once Ball was completely calm and relaxed he started to fluidly shift from his standard form to what appeared to be a tentacle beast.

It was a horrific remembrance of the fight against the Lagool on the ship just before they landed on the shores of Sahova. Ball didn’t seem to notice his shape, all it was, was a flat base with four tentacles arching from the top of it. Slowly each tentacle lashed out, snapping crisply in the air before returning to their position, curling and weaving about just like the original beast’s tentacles did.
Last edited by Ball on January 15th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Mini Lagool in Mura

Postby Ball on January 14th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Each tentacle snapped out once again, this time all at once, forcing Ball's flat body to lift off the ground with a pushing motion and start to take to the air, to further his aerial “assault” the tentacles sealed together to form a point, his flat bottom rounded out, so now his whole body looked like an elongated straightened tear.

The apex of Ball's upward descent came quickly, and as a results his body once more took a new shape. This time it squared itself out, literally becoming a cube. Shifting his center of gravity lower, Ball dropped faster, slamming into the ground with a puff of dust drifting upwards into the air. Once on the ground Ball's left half molded itself into a tentacle and swiped out to the left, his right half rolled over and also became a tentacle, snapping out harshly into the air. The cracking snap sounded like a whip before both tentacles fell to the ground and Ball rolled himself up into his standard form.

Rolling with the motion of his movements, the spherical squire kept his motions heading in the leftward. Halfway through his rolling motion Ball bounced into the air, the sudden change in direction turned his normally spherical mass egg shaped, before he once more dropped to the ground and came to a resting position in his once more spherical shape.

Inhale,,, Exhale... Inhale... Exhale... The squired pycon's body heaved up and down as if it was actually breathing.

Blue Pycon taught me to climb mountains, how to roll in armor, how to use Thorn. Magical Pycon shown me a new face in the world – a being of horns and magic. Pretty Lady Pycon showed me the grace of the world, and the three bladed weapon of her people. Each set of thought rippled through Ball's form, a minor glimpse of the thing he had mentioned forming physical and mentally.

Stubby arms and legs pushed out. This soon followed by what appeared to be small plates of armor that soon melted back into his being. Then came horns and swirling clay bits about the tips of his 'arms', both these faded away. His left arm was quickly replaced but a crude replication of the three-bladed suvai that Nira'lia carries on her being, his right arm was replaced by a crude replication of Thorn, the sliver of pointed metal he was give by Liege Lord. Both weapons quickly melted away though to be replaced by his stubby appendages again.

Then there is Other Pycon and Blind Lady Pycon... Once again his body took shape with his thoughts, what would've once been just a spherical body with two stubby appendages became more humanoid. A bubble shaped bulge pushed itself out of the top of the spherical base, giving the appearance the Ball shaped a head, it was a crude appearance, there was no eyes, no mouth, not nose, no ears, not even a spot of hairlike stubs. It was literally, just a bubble on the top of the spherical base.

Other Pycon was so pretty and so intricate... She had the appearance of the bigger Pycons. She had eyes, hands, a nose, even a mouth... I have... I have nothing... At the end of his thoughts, depressing as they were, Ball's body pulled in all the appendages and the bubble top with such force that his whole body rocked back and forth from the force before once more settling down.

Maybe I can meet up with Other Pycon and Blind Lady Pycon again... Maybe... Once more Ball's appendages pushed themselves out, it was a uniquely simplistic shape. A spherical body, a bubble shaped head on the top with four stubby appendages, two appendages on the sides and two on the bottom, resembling arms and legs respectively.

The beast that attacked the boat. It was so scary. So big. The whole body shuttered in fear as his two stubby arms became longer and tentacle shaped, snapping into the air and curling around themselves before returning shortly in their basic arm shape.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Mini Lagool in Mura

Postby Ball on January 15th, 2013, 4:50 pm

The tentacles seemed to have stayed this time, withering and wiggling, occasionally snapping and lashing in the air. Soon, two more tentacles pulled out near the original two, now four tentacles snapped and writhed around. Menacing the air around Ball's body.

Big monster. Not nice. It killed lots of people. Ball's body rippled in anger and horror as he remembered the ships cracking under it's assault, the people on the lost ships gone forever. It was going to be a horrible thought to remember, yet it will always be there, stuck in his nexus for the rest of his life.

Just relax and breath Ball. Inhale...Exhale...Inhale...Exhale... Once again Ball's body was doing the up-and-down heaving that resembled breathing and his nexus emptied out pretty easily, it was getting easier to do that task. Yeah it took a while to get it, but Ball could feel that with more practice he could do it real quick and easy.

After a chime his mind was once more blank and calm, his body once again went through the motions of snapping and writhing. The tentacles arching and lashing in a lazed way as Ball's mind calmed. It was as if he was starting to doze off. Soon enough though, the tentacles twitched slightly and Ball could literally be seen sleeping before the lake's shore.

Nearly the full day later...

Ball snapped away and rolled over, standing now on four tentacles instead of just a spherical bottom. He didn't seem to notice the change in his immediate height, it seemed natural to him, nor did he feel notice the immediate tentacles wiggling around underneath his body's main spherical shape. A small mouth slit was placed just a little above the tentacles on what can now be considered the front of his body.

The dog, knowing Ball as he was and now is, didn't panic as the squire pycon made his way back to the mount and proceeded to climb back on his back and head back off towards the inn, intent on finding Nira before it was too late.

OOC :
This thread is concluded and immediately feeds into this thread

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Mini Lagool in Mura

Postby Traverse on January 25th, 2013, 2:16 am

Thread Awards!

Ball :
Experience:
Acrobatics 2
Meditation 1
Py-Ken 2

Lore:
Re-Living a Horrific Memory
Mimicking the Form of a Monster

Additional Notes :
Lovely little training thread for the wee clay Squire. I really enjoy his constant shape shifting technique to get the full benefit of Py-Ken, as well as how he got a few new appendages out of some horrific memories.

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)