[Character Sheets] Q&A

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Talia on January 28th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Yes! That was very helpful!! Thank you so much!!! :D
Talia
Freelancer

Words: 6288
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Z'hara on January 28th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Kraken wrote:
Hi Z'hara,

Thanks for placing your CS to be reviewed! We're a bit backed up at the moment, but the good news is that you can begin playing as soon as your character sheet has been posted! So you're free to begin writing in the domain of your choice. The only time you'll need to pause play is to address any issues that may come up with your CS once we review it.

I hope that helps!

All the best,
Kraken

Thanks it did help alot
Z'hara
Player

Words: 3365
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2013, 1:59 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Hyacinthea on February 8th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Hyacinthea - Great questions! I'll answer them in a similar format.

1. The language is often called "Myrian Animal Calls".

2. You can definitely include a book on medicine as your heirloom (a gift from your PC's mother), as long as it would reasonably cost 50GM or less.

The bigger concern I have is your "Lore of Anatomy." This is a bit too broad. Remember, a lore is a specific piece of information, or a fact, on a certain subject. What specific piece of knowledge does your PC know of anatomy? What one race's anatomy does she have knowledge of?

If your PC's father is still alive and you'd like to use him in posts, you'll need to apply for him as an NPC at the Help Desk. This is a very straightforward process, and quite easy if you want to use him in present day interactions. You can find an application form example on this Q&A thread.

3. If your PC is residing in Taloba, the Myrian city, I believe they only use Bikka currency - regular gold mizas wouldn't have much of a place there. However, you may want to PM the current mod of Taloba, Limey, and see if splitting the currency would be all right with him.

4. Both of those piercings are definitely possible! Just be sure to purchase each piercing from the Price List and deduct the price from your ledger. You can use the price listed for "earrings" for both the ear piercings and the labret.

5. I just have a few notes on your WIP character sheet - Don't forget to state that your non-racial bonus points came from the starting package.

You'll also need to state exactly what is included in your PC's set of clothes.
Don't forget to include your PC's birthday!
Remember to list your language fluencies next to your languages (ie. Fluent, Basic, Poor).
And in terms of housing, you currently list the Black Rock housing on your CS. If your PC is living in Taloba, however, this housing will not apply. You'll need to take a peek at the Taloba CS Template.

Oh, wow. Thank you for the organized response -- that was lovely. I appreciate that you answered all my question to a full extent.

Sorry for my late response, I had a lot of classwork the last week, and am now just getting back on and into the groove.

I'll be sure to investigate into these answers to transition them to my CS properly.

I do have one more question -- I'm kind of confused, hah.

How should I put her birthday? I understand the seasons, but am having a hard time on exactly how to count back through the years, and give an exact date of when she was born.

Again, thank you so much for the detailed response -- it helped a lot!
Hyacinthea
Player

Words: 2468
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2013, 5:59 pm
Race: Myrian

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Kraken on February 8th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Hi Hyacinthea,

I'm glad to see you're still around!

In terms of your PC's birthday, you'll need to deduct her age from the current year (512 AV). Since your character is 21 years old, you'll deduct 21 from 512, which would mean she was born in the year 491 AV. Then, just pick one of the four seasons and a day. Each season has 91 days, except for Winter which has 92.

I'm looking forward to seeing your completed character sheet!

All the best,
Kraken
| Starting Guide | CS Checklist | FAQ | Character Corner | CS Forum |

Important Reminder!
Character Sheets do not require approval for you to begin playing! Once you've made your CS, you can go ahead and RP. "Verified" simply means that your CS has been looked at and there are no errors. Only if an intervention is placed on your CS must you stop RP to address the note.
Kraken
CS Liaison

Words: 162496
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Race: Staff account
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Bjanu on March 9th, 2013, 8:30 pm

The few who know me call me Bjanu, Bjanu the lost.

Appearance

Race: Isur.
Birthday: 474AV winter 47.
Birthplace: Unknown by the character.

Appearance: Bjanu does not look like a common isur. The most obvious of the difference is his build - he is skinny not muscular like
the rest of his kind. Even though in general isur already have pale skin, Bjanu's is distinctively paler, which makes the silvery
veins look darker and more contrasting. Both these traists makes him seem sickly in
the eyes of the other isur and childish in the eyes of most other races.
His heigh is about 1.46 meter (something about 4.8 feet) and weight surprisingly
much for his build - about 111 kilos (~244 pounds). His left arm is almost fully formed and has the color of darker shade of
grey. His hair are brown in color with a hint of red, which are a bit longer then the common isur way. They are long enought
to fall on the bony ridge and cover a bit of his dark green eyes.
If anyone would see Bjanu without his shirt they could easily notice plenty of stripe form scars on his back and
tiny round ones all around his neck.

Character Concept

long years of isolation left Bjanu with little to none social skills. This often leads acward situations in everyday life.
TO avoid this the young isur tends to stay alone most of the time, to which he got used to long time ago. Therefore he
is rarely the person who initates a conversation. However he is glad to join one expecialy as a listener to statisfy his
newly awakened curriosity and curve for learning.
These two traits are also the result of the lack of contact with the outside world -witout formal education and comunication with others -
many things that are common to most are brand new to him, however he is eager to learn everything about them.
He also inherited dreamy and thoughful character of his grandfather, which sustains him in his solitude. On the other hand it
has to be said that, the loneliness had some effect on Bjanu - sometimes you can notice him talking out loud all alone.
With other isur he shares the virtue of patience - this person will remain rather calm and cold minded in most dangerous
situations. He will take the time and wait for opportunity to arrive. Becouse of that he might seem slow witted or unconfident.
aditionally to that he is remarkably stubborn and amphasis free will. while it seems rather nice it has it's minuses: becouse of stubborness it takes him long time
to admint his mistakes and try new approches to a problem.
His stubbon character and ave of free will with the mixture of the guts, which Bjanu sometimes has too much often leads to trouble expecialy with people
who has more power or authority. Bjanu is not an agressive type of person, so most of the time this trouble starts with defiance, defiance so stubborn
that it provokes almost anyone.
To sum it up Bjanu is a stuborn introvert, who doesnt lack the courage to stand for what he believes.

Character History

When Bjanu was still a child in the standars of isur he was living with with his grandfather and and few others in a small village hidden safely undergound
in one of the caves on a side of the mountain. The grandfather was the one who raised him since the times he doesn not remmember. All he was told was that
his parents was lost in a military conflic soon after his birth when isur had to run for their lifes. Sometimes he asked his grandfather to tell more about those days
but the old isur always found another, better thing for them to do. Saying "one day kid". However this day never came. Soon after Bjanu's 26th birthday
this part of life was ower.
The winter was harsh and hit everything under a thick layer of snow. Every day the animals drifted further away from the mountains in order to find food. it
would have not been a problem if isur had plenty of food, however the food supply was low and in order not to starve more food was required. So the hunters of the
village had to fallow the prey deeper and deeper to unfamiliar teritory. Untill the day when only one of the hunters returned. He was seriously hurt, there was a
big wound across his back. He spoke of beeings we have never heard before, of a night attack, attack from the skies and his lucky escape in the darkness. However it was
no lucky escape. The cunning creatures intentionaly let the hunter escape so they could fallow him to where he lives. Though these isur have never before encountered these
creatures, the creatures sure knew of what are isur and of what they are capable of. The next night the village was raided. The creatures happened to be zith slavers,
and they wanted to posses the quality of isurian workmanship. They killed those who tried to ressit and enslaved the rest. Bjanu's grandfather among the death ones as he
tried to protect his home and his granson.
the enslaved ones were taken to the closest zith settlement, where they have been separated and distributed to other. This way started the slavery of Bjanu which lasted
for 11 year. During this time he was chained to the seiling of his smithery, where he was forced to craft all kinds of objects for the ziths. Luckyly for him his grandfather
was a great smith and tought the young one the basics of the craft. With natural talent of isur and these basics skills he was able to some of what was required from him
but whenever ziths were disapointed of his work there were painful consencuences and even more whenever his Bjanu's defiance manifested.
The blacksmithing was not the only skill his grandfather tought the kid. A strange form of morphing magic was common in this community of isur. Considering the isurian
arm to be the greatest tool of all they dedicated their time to improve it. Thus they started using magic to shape their hands into variate of inanimate forms, ecspecialy
those of tools. Which enabled them to acomplish tasks previously imposible with their bare hands. The elderly isur introduce Bjanu to the bacis consepts of meditation and
morphism magic.
In secreacy, while his masters were asleep he practiced his skills. The advencement came slowly as there was noone to help him, to guide. The
constant exoustion and hunger even further deleyed him. However as the time passed he learned to shape the hand into different forms and even started to replicate the
simplier tools in his workshop.
During his enslavement he never stoped dreaming of freedom. He tried to escape milions of times but it always ended the same moment as it started. there was a necklase
with blades around his neck that was chained to the cailings of the workshop. The chains it self was of such high quality there was no way he could damage them with neiger
his hands or his tools. However an idea came to him: He could escape with the chains. - With his morphed hand managed to crumble tge binding of the chain in the ceilings.
After escaping the zith territory which involved, him fighing off a guard sent after him. He stumbled upon hunstmen who led him to Endrykas from where he found a job on a caravan to
zeltiva.

Language

Fluent Language: Common, little writing skills.
Basic Language: Isur.
Poor Language: Bits of hearable zith.

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
meditation # SP 5 novice
morphing # SP 15 Novice
armorer # SP 10 Novice
blacksmith # RB, # SP 30 Competent

(HELPFUL HINT, Please Remove - Common Skills: Trade skills related to Teaching, Magics, Shipworking, Merchants, Scribes)

Lores

lore:tale of goldmincer.
legend of isurdian ore.

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom:Crude silver ring given by his granfather.(not sure on price. To anyone else it shoud not be worth more then 1gm,
as it don't attract the eye as accesory. However i am thinking of develophing ring too as character progress)

Housing

[b]Location:
Zeltivia.

House: Cottage, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

This is my work so far, i am first time roleplaying so all feedback is welcome. Also i do lack knowledge on the lore so if you find any contradictions please point out so i can fix it. Mostly i am worried that my character is imbalanced so it would also be nice to receive your general opinion about the charackter. Thanks.

Bjanu
Bjanu
Player

Words: 3563
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2013, 11:54 pm
Race: Isur
Storyteller secrets

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Aura Calamity on March 10th, 2013, 3:56 pm

I was making my CS for the last few hours and eventually struggled through it until I had an in-depth character sheet but what has driven me crazy is that my login timed out so I had to login again. So when I did the option of "Click here to return to previous page" the page was blank, all my work gone. I've checked my computer history as well that gave me the same results, a blank page. Does anybody know a solution to this? I'd be really grateful as I don't think I'll be able face a few hours work, especially when it's something I've just done.

Kind Regards,
Aura Calamity
Aura Calamity
Player

Words: 220
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2013, 9:14 pm
Race: Human

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Raith on March 20th, 2013, 2:14 am

Somewhat overwhelmed about all different things required for the cs, but mostly I think the skills, and how they are allocated. Help please?
Raith
Player

Words: 694
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 1:41 am

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Svasra on March 20th, 2013, 3:18 am

Not sure if I'm actually allowed to post here, but thought I'd just give a helpful tip.

Bjanu,

it's not recommended to post that here, I don't believe. If you wish for someone to look it over, with the work you have done, asking someone in chat directly and then sending a link to your CS is better. One thing that is glaringly obvious to me though is the amount of spelling and grammatical errors you have, I'd take a quick look at those. C: If you do want someone to glance over it for any obvious errors, such as missing lores, or something along those lines I'd be happy to help! You're welcome to message me the link to your CS, and I can glance over it for any major errors.

Aura Calamity,

I am so sorry to hear that! I have heard of that before, and it's happened to me a couple times but usually I still have it within my history. Though, often if it a log-in issue, your computer won't be able to save anything you've typed out, I am so sorry to say.

I have never heard of your situation before, where it is completely lost, so the only thing I can really say is copy it onto a Word document as you go along so that it will be saved there in the chance that you are logged out and find the topic blank. That's terrible you spent so long to have it lost! But! This is a great chance to make it better, prettier, and even more awesome than before. ^-^

Raith,

Ah, skills, one of the finer points in Mizahar.

Skills are granted at the end of a thread, through grading of a storyteller. An example of this can be seen here. They will accumulate over time, and you can get to certain proficiency according to the amount of "skill points" you have. As said here. Obviously, a Competent person will be able to do more things within that "skill" than a Novice, yes?

Skills are a vastly wide category as you can see with the current Skills List and is constantly being added to! Some of those skills aren't completely written up, but most/if not all will have a least an outline of what defines that skill.

I like to think of skills as a broader lore. As I hope you know, Lores are specific pieces of information that your character knows. Skills of the other hand, are their application of that knowledge. I'm not sure if that makes sense. For example, Svasra has the lore of "Convincing the Manager You're Right for the Job", which would directly tie into the skill of "Persuasion", yes? So, she has the skill of "Persuasion", and "convincing her manager" is how she is able to apply it.

Read this over if I make no sense, I was trying to paraphrase the basic ideas: Skill Guide.

Hope I was able to help,
~Sv
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Raith on March 20th, 2013, 3:39 am

And we start with 50 skill points correct?
Raith
Player

Words: 694
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 1:41 am

[Character Sheets] Q&A

Postby Svasra on March 20th, 2013, 3:53 am

Raith,

Yes, in addition to your Racial Bonus - found on the lore page of the Race. C:

Happy writing,
~Sv
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext