Closed Contemplating Upon Plans

(Evalin) Ricky is thinking about the future and his plan.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Contemplating Upon Plans

Postby Ricky Maze on February 16th, 2013, 5:01 am

Contemplating On Plans
Winter 87th, 512 AV; 18th Bell

It was a fine freezing day in Zeltiva, if it weren't for the sick and ill to haunt the streets of Zeltiva again. That window of opportunity seemed like it granted the city a big break from the haunting illness for a short time, but for some apparent reason the cloud of disease still hung over the city. No sun was apparently strong enough to light through this cloud either, for the days that seemed to be relieving ones were just as gray as the ones before; and now the cloud grew dense once more. This was not just the work of a simple disease, to Ricky there was something more deeper to it then that. Plagues and sickness outbreaks can happen and were definitely hard to pass, but to have two outbreaks in the city and the second be this bad made little sense.

Of course he wondered about it but no other explanation came along, so with a small fever and headache Ricky turned his thoughts to his house. Though he stood in front of what would've been described as "what was left" of it, he hadn't any idea just how he was going to start from scratch. Being near the docks he was always able to come out and fish, in the long run the shack lasted many tough storms even with its old broke down manner. To be honest he was surprised it lasted as long as it did, now that he actually thought about it. There was next to nothing as far as how he would rebuild it, but in order to get it done he would first see about getting help. If there was none to be had, well then he would just have to move on to another place.

As for the future... Ricky hadn't a clue in what to plan. Before it was always about just living life, so why change that now? Because life isn't worth living unless you make it worth something. With that from the heart Ricky took it to mind that having at least some sort of goal was best. Normally to just get him started generally, as he would work his way to completing it. The question still existed however; what was he going to do?

"Hmm. First off I need to catch up with the rest o' everyone, then from there it'll be..." He went into deep thought, mind searching for any possible answer. Except it was a blank. Nothing at all came around. "Guess it's just startin on a new home and catchin up with friends." He spoke rather loud as he folded his arms, he hoped to bring warmth in his hands even in the cold. His outfit was great for winter, the only problem was it was too simple. Two shirts and a coat wasn't enough to keep a person warm, just hold in what body heat it could. Which usually the wind would ruin by snatching it away. "Balls. Spring better hurry along and warm us up."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Contemplating Upon Plans

Postby Evalin on March 15th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Time and time again the wind does blow from one corner of the world to the next, bringing with it a taste of a world far beyond what is currently know. Such wonders, such thoughts, such wild differences might be found upon these winds that sweep the world into constant ever-changing chaos, so ordered it might be called ironic. Is it that some people are predestined to taste certain scents upon the air, or perhaps one chooses what is gathered from these wayward breaths of life. Whatever the case, once the pendulum has been set in motion, none may stop its swinging.

"I say to you now that there is little reason to return to that place." Evalin stated clearly, her eyes cast west over the sea, "I care little for it, and I have all but burned every bridge that would aid my return there."

To those that heard her, though thankfully none were about, it might appear that she was talking to no one at all, yet as her hand gently stroked the icy gem that hung from her necklace a voice spoke to her mind, cold as the icy winds of Avanthal, Be more there to your benefit than be here for your amusement. Forget you already the price nearly paid upon last adventure out from this city?

Evalin shook her head, brow furrowing, "How can I? Was perhaps the closest Dira has ever come to snatching from me this life I justly won from her." She raised the gem before her eyes, "But what purpose is there in mentioning this?"

Think you well, for what would happen if chance befall you and another of the kind named Isaac were to seek you out? Tsenrika's reply would be cold, swift and unwavering, and just as Evalin made to retort he would cut her short, Be not a fool. You were powerless, and your weakness endangered I as well as you.

To this Evalin merely opened and closed her mouth a couple times, finally frowning and letting the gem trop back to her chest, "Yes, you are right in this, yet still I see not why Sahova would be of any use to me, to us..."

They say Sahova holds the greatest knowledge of every magic in this land... Perhaps it is they that hold sway over the dead as well? Think I that it is odd they have stood so long in defiance of the Goddess of Death. Thus they must hold a secret that would aid us greatly.

Though she could not argue the logic, still Evalin was adverse to what this line of thinking called for, "Yet even so... I care not to return."

It was just as she spoke these words that she happened by the man that gazed at the ruined house, contemplating his own destiny just as she was. A stroke of luck, call it Fate if you will, though Evalin never would, the Immortal trapped within a childs body would pause in her walk, looking at the turned back of the man. Her eyes roamed over him, over the house, and while all things told her to continue on and forget that this man even existed, she instead approached, coming to his side to lean on her staff. Pushing back her hood she would reveal straight raven black hair and eyes that burned red, the mark of those who served Uldr and carried with it an uneasy aura. Looking up at him Evalin spoke softly, "Mind you not wish to quicken the passage of time, for such limited creatures yourself existence are short enough as it is."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Contemplating Upon Plans

Postby Ricky Maze on March 19th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Ricky had been to caught up in his thoughts to recognize the girl next to him. Her words had caught him by surprise as he slightly jumped, as he turned to find a girl with dark hair and fire red eyes. A unique quality he hadn't expected to find in someone who looked as young as she did, and her expression of words however represented a wisdom that only an older person could give; therefore she had to be quite knowledgeable for her age.

"Aye lassie, I've learned well enough that I should live in this time. Already I've lived in the past for too long, so now I have to look forward to the future, while I live in the present." He admitted with a faint warm smile, his attention weny back to the remains of what once was for a short while. To have the ability to rebuild everything once lost was something Ricky didn't have, but to build from what's left was something was possible for everybody. Its how the world carries on; when it finds ruin it takes the remains of the previous state, then from there a new one could be built. Ricky's life had taken plenty of wild twists and turns, and sure enough more was to come; but for now he had his mindset focused on the now.

Handling everything as it would come was a less complicated view on things, and its one Ricky has always opted. Yet not everything comes so willingly, the future is never written in stone. What may and what could can just as easily become what won't and never. Thus his previous dream of a family with his dog there was a prime example, and though that dream was shattered it still somehow lived on. Because Ricky wasn't ready to give up yet. Alas part of that dream involved a place of his own, yet that will never happen if he acted on it.

Satisfied with this in mind Ricky turned back to the red eyed girl, his expression was one of peace and determination. Yet as he stared curiously into the burning colors of her eyes, he felt as though he stood before something supernatural.

"I must admit ye're a curious one, my name's Ricky by the way; might I ask yer's?" He tried his best to sound polite, his eyes full of curiosity.
[/quote]
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Contemplating Upon Plans

Postby Eldritch on March 13th, 2014, 11:37 pm

Ricky :
Skills
Observation +1

Lores
-The old sounding girl

Eva :
Skills
Familiary +1

Lores
-Ricky: The polite stranger

Notes :
Not much to give here due to the length, pity it didn't go much further.

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook