[Location] Citizen Registration Office

Here you can register as a citizen of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Maedoc on November 17th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Maedoc stared for a moment. He had not been expecting such a, total, show of loyalty. He had never been one to set much stock by the word of others, and knew his own was not worth much. But it was different when giving that word to a diety, in his own city, surrounded by his servants.

But Rhysol’s macabre tenets were what had brought him here. At least here he might be accepted, of all places. The Dark God might understand the reasons for his dark past, and might even value his skewed sensibilities. But still, Maedoc was not a godly man, and had never really paid much heed to those he knew who were, save his father.

But this could be his chance. He coughed and glanced around. “Right here then? In this office.” He thought it an odd place to state one’s undying loyalty to the divine, with the bustle of paperwork and clerks scribbling.

He looked down at his worn hands, grimy from the journey across Sylira, and began to mutter uneasily. “Dark God, I have little knowledge of divine powers, and even less experience in prayer or worship. But I am an old friend of Chaos, and have seen first hand just how far a good man can fall from grace. I have fallen, and been falling for many years. At first I feared the depths to which this world pushed me. I remembered the lessons taught in the past and knew I was no longer a good person, an upright man. But now I no longer fear the fall, for I know you are here to guide me, to plummet me deeper into your chaos. Make of me the tool you require, Oh Dark God, and your will will follow with my steps.” Maedoc squeezed his hands into fists for a moment and blinked up at the registrar. “Is any of that acceptable or do I need to try again?”
Maedoc
"When Tempest Tossed, Embrace Chaos." -D.K.

Words: 53732
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2012, 9:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Persona on November 17th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Maedoc:

The registrar's smile seemed even more genuine than it had before, if that were even possible. "More than adequate. Keep that up and you may find a future in the Black Sun yourself." As soon as he had stopped speaking, she had pulled some papers out of her desk and was even now scribbling madly.

As she filled out the forms, she continued speaking, as if reciting something she had said a thousand times before. "Now that you are a citizen, you enjoy many new rights and privileges, including free health care and immunity from slavery. However you are a probationary citizen for the next two seasons. If you leave the city or break any laws within that time, your citizenship will be revoked. Otherwise, you will be a full citizen as if you had lived here all your life."

She finished scribbling and handed one set of papers to Maedoc, storing the other set in another drawer. "These papers will mark you as a citizen. Enjoy your new life in Ravok." With a final, blinding smile, she ushered Maedoc out of her office, and called in the next applicant.

Rewards:
Possessions: + Ravok Citizenship Papers

Congratulations on your new citizenship! Make Rhysol proud :D
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Amelia Cross on January 20th, 2013, 10:18 pm

[21st day of Winter]
[512.a.v.]

Finally, Amelia had been pressured enough to decide on staying for life. She had been always hesitant to do it, for reasons quite obvious. Firs and most importantly, she didn’t want to answer questions about her gnosis. The possible question about her parents could also awoke questions, after all, her father was in the black sun…but she wasn’t even a citizen.

One way or the other, she filled out the form, thinking over her answers 3 times before she actually wrote them down. Amelia’s hand was shaking and she was biting chewing on her lip from the inside.

Citizenship Application

Name: Amelia Cross
Parentage: Mr. and Mrs. Cross
Place of Birth: Zeltiva

Primary Trade: Fortune telling, singing…entertainer
Known Magic:
Mark of Audius, granted by Rhaus.
Financial Holdings: 603 gm, 27 sm, 4 cm

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: Setting for life.

After a good amount of time she had finally filled it all up. She toke a deep breath and stood in the line, waiting for her time to come so she could get this thing over with. She was still worried about her mark and stated ‘trade’, but it was late to lie. Before she noticed, the line was over and her time had come.She quickly asked for Rhaus's support as she toke another deep breath, and turned in her form.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Verilian on February 5th, 2013, 4:14 pm

When Amelia finally entered the office and the door closed behind her she would see a young woman sitting at the desk, wearing a friendly smile on her face. "Come in, come in. Please have a seat," the woman said, motioning to the chair opposite her own. After Amelia sat down the woman looked over her forms, nodding her head and nibbling her lip a bit.

"Well, I see here that you didn't put your parent's first names. I'm afraid we'll need those, before anything can be done." She slid the paper back to Amelia, along with a fresh quill, before sitting back to wait.

"If you don't mind my asking, what brought you to Ravok? What made you decide to stay here?" Oddly enough, she never mentioned the gnosis mark, even though it was written quite clearly on the form.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amelia Cross on February 15th, 2013, 5:21 pm

She was hesitant, but the warm voice and the bright smile of the woman loosened Amelia up enough to ease the tension and let go of the horrible thoughts and scenarios in her head. She sat down. She wasn’t found of the idea to give her parents full names, but she could see the reason behind it so she didn’t argue and taking the quill she toke one line over the previous text and replaced it with her parents names

Citizenship Application

Name: Amelia Cross
Parentage: Mr. and Mrs. Cross Dominick Cross and Ophelia Cross
Place of Birth: Zeltiva

Primary Trade: Fortune telling, singing…entertainer
Known Magic:
Mark of Audius, granted by Rhaus.
Financial Holdings: 603 gm, 27 sm, 4 cm

Please state your reason for being in Ravok: Setting for life.

Amelia didn’t even manage to slid the paper back to the woman, before she was asked a question once more. With how it was started, Amelia was prepared for a question related to religion, but no, it was a quite simple question. Common, common enough to catch he off-guard ”I’ve been coming to Ravok for years, I find it to be…safe, the roads hold my fascination but I think it’s time I settled here with my father” Amelia explained as she slid the paper back to the woman and smiled. Despite the friendly face, she still hopped this would be over soon.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Verilian on February 15th, 2013, 7:14 pm

"We are happy to have you then, Miss Cross. You are more than welcome in our city."

The woman looked over the paper, quirking an eyebrow when she read the full names of the parents, but otherwise she made no comment. She quickly filed the paper away and pulled out another document, a rather official looking one, and scribbled something down before looking back to Amelia.

"Well, everything seems to be in order. There is only one thing left you need to do... as I am sure you know, this city belongs to Rhysol, and in order to become a citizen you must swear here and now your loyalty to Rhysol, and to obey the laws of his city. Say it in your own words, but you cannot become a citizen unless you do so now."
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amelia Cross on February 15th, 2013, 7:40 pm

No questions asked. Amelia thought the only person like that was Jeb, good old Jeb. After this she was sure to visit his tavern for a mug of silver, to relax her mind and maybe do a bit of entertaining. ”I am aware of that” Amelia quickly said with a nervous smile as soon as she realized she had been daydreaming. Not quite sure how to swear her loyalty to a god that she respects, but doesn’t love.

Her black eyes fell closed, pale right hand on her hearth and voice soft ”to my blood, hearth and mind I swear to be Ravok’s servant. Love our father, Rhysol, who protects us and gifts us with peace. Bow down to the Sun that lets us hears his will and Ebonstryfe that protects us with their life. My only tool, my voice, may forever be in Rhysol’s loving arms” as she spoke, the girl didn’t even notice that she had failed to mention Ravok’s mother, The voice.
Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Verilian on February 15th, 2013, 10:22 pm

"Well now, that was easy enough, wasn't it?"

The woman picked up her quill and signed her name on the final document, before sliding it across the table to Amelia. They were her citizenship papers, of course.

"Since your parents are who they are, I am waiving the normal probationary period for your citizenship. Let me be the first to welcome you as a full citizen of Ravok. Congratulations!"

It was as simple as that. Amelia was now a citizen of Ravok. She didn't even have to wait the usual waiting period that most people did. While Amelia may have not liked revealing who her father was, having a member of the Black Sun in the family did have it's uses. Things might have gone differently had she just been a random visitor, but as it was, she was done and free to go.

Reward :
You may now add your Ravok Citizenship Papers to your inventory. Congratulations!
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Floh on February 16th, 2013, 11:49 pm

68th Of Winter

Name: Floh
Race: Dhani Constrictor
Parentage: Mother shhhhyflo
Place of Birth: Zinrah

Primary Trade: Badass Mercenary Had to emphasize badass
Known Magics: Flux

Financial Holdings: 600 Mizas

Reasons for wishing to join Ravok; To become the strongest ebonstryfe warrior, and to slay as many sylri knights as possible.
---
Filling out the paper work as best she could, she seemed eager and happy to procede forward. Her work was almost finished, to become an ebonstryfe soldier.

She knew it wasnt really in her best interest to write badass mercenary, but still after her last mission she felt like one.

Then of course the real game changer was actually telling them that she was in fact a Dhani. She had no idea how they would react to that, so she was on this fine line of excited, and paniced.
Floh
Slithering Away

Words: 17268
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2013, 2:17 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on April 25th, 2013, 5:27 pm

OOCSorry for taking so long on this. Feel free to PM me if I seem to be forgetting something. Anyway, I'll make this quick and painless since I took forever.

The man who read over her request seemed quite amused by the self proclaimed badassery of her position, and chuckled aloud as he read it. It was rare in his day that he got to laugh, and it was in fact quite refreshing. This worked to Floh's advantage, as he seemed to overlook the fact that the woman was a dhani. She appeared human enough, and her interest in the Ebonstryfe was commendable. More importantly, she had made him laugh.

"Everything looks to be in order then, let me just fill these out."

A few moments later, Floh was handed her papers. All that was left to do was the oath.

"Now, in your own words, please swear that you acknowledge Rhysol as your lord and leader, and that you agree to abide by the laws of this city and the Black Sun. Once you do that, you are free to go."

Reward :
You may now add your Ravok Citizenship Papers to your inventory. Congratulations!
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext