Please Advise

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Please Advise

Postby Pyra Swellcutter on February 17th, 2013, 6:04 pm

the starting package gives us 1 "week's" of rations, but mizahar doesnt have weeks. i have seen the term 'tenday' used somewhere. is this what is meant by a week, 10 days?

my character would be 5'9" female 120lb. what size clothing is that?
and is starting package clothing assumed as new or used?

the starting package gives us a set of clothing which appears to include: footwear, a bottom, a top, and a coat/cloak at no cost to our starting balance.
ive calculated as best i could the cost of everything id like my character to have. this character claims no personal home and the +500gm quite reflects her lifestyle (pirate) so shed have the money to spend. ive calculated all clothing as "comfortably" used. this example of a hat she chose.

broad brim hat 4gm ×3 fine wool ×1.5 dyed ×5 interior lining (i used brocade rate) = 67.5gm medium or 33.75gm small

heres a pair of boots.

boots high 5sm ×2 leather ×5 interior lining ×1.5 dyed ×20 fine fittings = 1125sm medium or 562.5sm small

my question is: is the starting clothes basic and simple so id have to spend her money on nicer clothes? or is the starting clothes as nice as id want it to be without costing her?

i will double/triple check my calculations before finalization. and i round the decimals up.
In character, "Dialogue in Common." "Dialogue in Fratava." 'Thoughts.'
Pyra Swellcutter
Player

Words: 5454
Joined roleplay: February 16th, 2013, 3:31 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Please Advise

Postby Eridanus on February 18th, 2013, 12:35 am

I'd say the ration thing doesn't really matter, because your living expenses (that includes food) is covered by the Seasonal Expense you pay at the end of every season.

Your size would be normal, so there will not be any size modifiers to your cloth prices.

Also, you don't round the decimals up, because 1 copper = 10 silver = 100 gold. So 33.75gm is actually 33gm, 7sm, 5cm.

Regarding your question, I think a CS Liaison should confirm it, but my first instinct is that the starting clothes has to be simple. Whether you have to buy a new set if you want nicer/higher quality ones, or you can pay the difference to "upgrade" your "free simple clothes" to the higher quality ones you desire... is up to the CS Liaison.

Hope that helps.
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Please Advise

Postby Rayage on February 18th, 2013, 12:49 am

Hey there, I can actually answer the last question.

Starting clothes are simple and basic. If you dont want simple stuff, then you will have to buy it with miza :)
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Please Advise

Postby Pyra Swellcutter on February 18th, 2013, 1:01 am

thank you both.

my first question went unanswered though.
how long is a "week" when mizahar doesnt have "weeks?"
Pyra Swellcutter
Player

Character sheet

Please Advise

Postby Vick on February 18th, 2013, 1:04 am

7 days still counts. While Mizahar does not have weeks that was added before the creators of the game made things final. As a few places in the lore say a week for this or that.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Please Advise

Postby Pyra Swellcutter on February 18th, 2013, 1:13 am

thank you
Pyra Swellcutter
Player

Character sheet

Please Advise

Postby Pyra Swellcutter on February 18th, 2013, 4:29 am

clothing items i would buy at character creation before beginning roleplaying:
do i subtract the whole price as new or can i use the used modifier to reflect theyve had it a while?
Pyra Swellcutter
Player

Character sheet

Please Advise

Postby Vick on February 18th, 2013, 4:31 am

If they are not apart of the starting package you can buy them and use the used modifier to reflect the state they are in.
Credit goes to Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Vick
Master Maledictor

Words: 355163
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 11:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3